Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 (17040 Views)

Best Graduating Student In Delta State University With A CGPA Of 4.86 / Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 7:20am On May 25, 2012
My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Odunnu: 9:05pm On May 25, 2012
I failed a core course in my class two years ago, I not only lost one year, I didnt convocate with my mates and I paid another school fees. So, quit whining, ask your sis to go resit it

5 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by ayox2003: 12:19am On May 28, 2012
flckr: My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system[b] won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues[/b] is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...
You must be kidding. And when did new horizon's certification become a core course for C.Sc students. Something fishy must be going on somewhere and your parents can decided to take it up with them.
SMH

`

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 8:16am On May 28, 2012
This aint a case of whinning.the issue is why on earth wil u mk new horizons certificatn course stop her from graduatn.Its gt no unit,nt adding to her GP.its jst a certificate of attendance dts goin come outta ds shit.so pls say smthn else.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 28, 2012
So her 4.3 cgpa could not save her abi, only God knows how she got here in the first place. Let her resit and prove her mettle if she got it! I smell dead rat.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by lifestyle1(m): 3:34pm On May 28, 2012
If you can write a cgpa of 4.3 your self, then passing a certification exam shouldn't be a big deal... let her re-do the exam and prove them wrong...

I belive its one of the school rules!

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by swtchicgurl: 3:35pm On May 28, 2012
Keneking: So her 4.3 cgpa could not save her abi, only God knows how she got here in the first place. Let her resit and prove her mettle if she got it! I smell dead rat.

i think u left ur brain's drain valve open! something is leaking! angry

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by aliyumd: 3:36pm On May 28, 2012
So hw can people on NL help out en, make we carry poster card the protest or what?. This one nah school matter joor.let her go and take the exams again no be new thin abegi

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2012
#Sorry!!

Go and pay the money!!

The lord is your strenght!!

Halleluyah!!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 28, 2012
Keneking: So her 4.3 cgpa could not save her abi, only God knows how she got here in the first place. Let her resit and prove her mettle if she got it! I smell dead rat.

are u a graduate? If yes, den u don't sound like one. Would u hang urself if u come across students with OUTSTANDING cgpa's of 4.6, 4.8 or even 4.9? Why should she resit for a useless course without grade unit??!! Imagine! It's just like retaking AfriHUB exam if u initially made an ''F''. Mstcheeew! Nonsense!! That's one problem with all dese stoopid private schools, dey always tend to overreach demselves.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by mikron(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2012
Let her re-sit the exam. I smell dead rat here. 4.3 CGPA and yet she cant graduate because she failed this exam? Wow. Its baffling. My friend also had this problem in my school A.B.U. Zaria. He was asked to resit. His mates are serving now
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by mcnepow(m): 4:13pm On May 28, 2012
swtchicgurl:

i think u left ur brain's drain valve open! something is leaking! angry
[s]and why u dey attack the guy?? angry

abi u tink say na only u sabi strong face??[/s]

@Poster, i doubt if u can do anytin about it and its only 8 weeks, make she go re-write the exam.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Exponental(m): 4:14pm On May 28, 2012
if she feels she is a first class product and knows she can defend come rain, sun shine, she should pay d money and bag her first class.....else, let her hide under d 2.1 if she is not too good. as for new horizon, shiiiits happen
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 28, 2012
flckr: My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...
She failed bro, 5.5 gpa won't save.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by iry5648: 4:18pm On May 28, 2012
My brother had the same issue same course ohh. I am sure something fishy is going on . I had to pay $180K for his registration for summer. He also has a 4.0 CGPA. I wish I was close I would have gone down there myself. I still feel very upset about it having to pay that amount. I think its a form of extortion.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Acidosis(m): 4:32pm On May 28, 2012
iry5648: My brother had the same issue same course ohh. I am sure something fishy is going on . I had to pay $180K for his registration for summer. He also has a 4.0 CGPA. I wish I was close I would have gone down there myself. I still feel very upset about it having to pay that amount. I think its a form of exortion.
now it seems like all the students from babcock had a a 4.0 - 5.0 G.P.
And again are you saying you paid 180,000 dollars?

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by soloj1(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2012
Most of you guyz missed the OP's heartache. Its not just having the 4.3 cgpa and missing the graduation, but haven to pay an xtra 150K n 8 weeks more, for a course thats apparently not a core/elective, nor worth much!

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 28, 2012
Using OAU as an example, you are expected to pass a total of 12units of special elective before you can graduate, even if you have a 4.99 cgpa. So in all cases, e.g a chemical engineering student might have to sit for irrelevant courses in sociology, geography, building, English e.t.c. but that's the rules.
Your sis knew that she needed to pass that course to graduate yet she still failed. Tell her to buckle up and prepare well for the resit.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by chidike(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2012
fluid26:

are u a graduate? If yes, den u don't sound like one. Would u hang urself if u come across students with OUTSTANDING cgpa's of 4.6, 4.8 or even 4.9? Why should she resit for a useless course without grade unit??!! Imagine! It's just like retaking AfriHUB exam if u initially made an ''F''. Mstcheeew! Nonsense!! That's one problem with all dese stoopid private schools, dey always tend to overreach demselves.
Dude! Anyone that failed Afrihub (i know its not afrihub that we're talking about) and has a 4.3gpa certainly should be questioned about their result. i graduated with a 3.8 and had an A in afrihub exam, its bloody cheap, a secondary school student that has a computer will pass that exam, #justsaying.
i dunno how this new horizon cert exam is, wat i did in skool was afrihub, but if they're so similar, then i see no reason why a 4.3 CGPA student should fail it, unless she was ill. A computer science student. For that matter!
@OP if that's the school policy, its sad and they probably wanna make more money off their students, but tell ur sis to square her shoulders and write the exam. But i hope she was being totally honest with you though.

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by MBG4Real(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2012
@poster I feel ur pain. I would hv said all u need to hear, but the university certificate will say ....having certified the requirments for the award of ...... IF that certification is part of the requirments and ur sis knew that b/4 now, she should have taken it seriously. U know as much as I do that nothing said on this forum wil make the school change their policy. When ur sis registred she agreed with the terms and conditions so let her not wast any more time, advise her to go back there ASAP
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by scribble: 4:50pm On May 28, 2012
try and write the Nigerian Universities Commission
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by MBG4Real(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2012
solo.j:
Most of you guyz missed the OP's heartache. Its not just having the 4.3 cgpa and missing the graduation, but haven to pay an xtra 150K n 8 weeks more, for a course thats apparently not a core/elective, nor worth much!
IF IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY, I THINK IT IS TOO MUCH FOR 2 MONTHS, IT IS RUBBRY. ANYWAY PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES CHARGE WHAT THEY LIKE
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2good(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2012
saxywale: Using OAU as an example, you are expected to pass a total of 12units of special elective before you can graduate, even if you have a 4.99 cgpa. So in all cases, e.g a chemical engineering student might have to sit for irrelevant courses in sociology, geography, building, English e.t.c. but that's the rules.
Your sis knew that she needed to pass that course to graduate yet she still failed. Tell her to buckle up and prepare well for the resit.

Why are you justifying the action of the school for a course that doesn't have a credit unit? It is completely wrong to impose certification course on students when such certification doesn't count to the final unit. I think there are so many people beefing here like black people generally hate themselves. Its a pity that in Nigeria there is generally no standard otherwise the NUC would have done something about such practice.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by aieromon(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2012
What does the rule book/prospectus say about failing the course?
I guess it was written in plain English that one cannot graduate without a pass in that course.Whether its an elective or not is irrelevant.
Just pay the damn fees and move on.Thanks.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2012
Let her re-sit the exam. Why? Because passing SSCE through mal-practice will always put you in jeopardy in your further studies. Computer Science Student with cpga of 4.3 failing Horizon... Unbelievable. Her result should be scruitinised.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by mrbyron(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2012
so many 4. something GPA,s in these private universities. Why dont we have them in the government universities which is more difficult to enter? undecided
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by carlos86: 5:05pm On May 28, 2012

A clear example of foot in mouth disease
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Donmeca(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2012
Exponental: if she feels she is a first class product and knows she can defend come rain, sun shine, she should pay d money and bag her first class.....else, let her hide under d 2.1 if she is not too good. as for new horizon, shiiiits happen

4.3 isn't a first class bros. What's ur level of education? U sure aren't in a university.

As for d topic, i think d school is asking for too much. The certification has no bearing on d CGPA and thus on graduation. The students can always register to write d exams at any time. Who is New Horizon? More like Afrihub, NIIT, and other computer training and software companies. They are even less than d above two! They only signed an MoU with d school to make parents pay more money for extramural training.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by DaBeaver(m): 5:08pm On May 28, 2012
I graduated from the same school years ago, and incidentally studied the same course as your sister. New Horizon started with my set and the courses were included in our course forms, AND it was a requirement for graduation, my dear. Considering that New Horizon courses were the easiest of all our courses to pass, you know with all the available dumps that made over 20% of us score 100% in the final exam, I am forced to wonder why your sister got as low as 40%, even with such a high CGPA. U can't slug it out with the school, really, even your sister knows that passing the course, which I guess will be Oracle 11g, is a criterion for graduation, except the school decides to be merciful.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2good(m): 5:10pm On May 28, 2012
Claumy2: Let her re-sit the exam. Why? Because passing SSCE through mal-practice will always put you in jeopardy in your further studies. Computer Science Student with cpga of 4.3 failing Horizon... Unbelievable. Her result should be scruitinised.

I once wrote a job aptitude test with a best graduating student in the faculty of engineering and he failed the test. Will you say he cheated to get his first class because he failed the test? A 4.3 GPA shows that someone is atleast serious and hard working irrespective of the school they go to.

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by malc619(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2012
#Yawns#
If u pass you graduate.....

If you fail you resit.......

She know say na d skool rule be that, why she go fail?
Why she nor read?
Tell me why......

It wasn't a case of victimisation. It was a case of somebody not passing an exam.....
Maybe it's OVER-CONFIDENCE......

After failing you're here trying to get sympathy and soothing words.
I have none for you....
Tell your sister to brace up and take responsibility......

END OF STORY
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 6:03pm On May 28, 2012
Seen all u guys posts.I went dwn 2 d school nd d story is same as wht she tld me.d Hod said d students r nt serz wv d newhorizons thn & so sch has nw made it compulsory for them 2 do b4 leavn.Ma heartache is raisn 170k btw nw & nxt wk.her name & 4 odas r on d list of graduatn students dt wil even march on sun buh dy r signin an undertakn dt y wil cme bac nd write d course for summer or else dy wnt releas d degree.ma heartache is I wnt a breakdown of her scores cos she claims regular attendance,writes all assignmnts nd did al d test buh dy wnt ansa so 2 d slow pokes sayn trash ki shut.Its jst a case of extortn by private uni's

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017 UTME: How To Confirm Your JAMB UTME 2017 Registration / Upload Your Waec Result To Jamb Portal Without Going To Cyber Cafe / 44 Kano Students Sponsored By Kwankwaso Graduate From Al Mansoura University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.