Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 (17021 Views)

Best Graduating Student In Delta State University With A CGPA Of 4.86 / Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by iJAY1: 5:00am On May 29, 2012
Keneking: So her 4.3 cgpa could not save her abi, only God knows how she got here in the first place. Let her resit and prove her mettle if she got it! I smell dead rat.
thank you ooh. No bad belle sha
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Remii(m): 5:35am On May 29, 2012
Graduation is by satisfying requirement which is registering and passing all required courses. Even if you have 5.0 CGPA, assuming you had "A" in all courses you registered and sat examination for, if you still have an outstanding course not yet taking you wont graduate, except in rare cases of waiver.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Sweetnelson(m): 7:10am On May 29, 2012
I hate private schools wt passion ..dem 2 dey form
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by ayobase(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2012
saxywale: Using OAU as an example, you are expected to pass a total of 12units of special elective before you can graduate, even if you have a 4.99 cgpa. So in all cases, e.g a chemical engineering student might have to sit for irrelevant courses in sociology, geography, building, English e.t.c. but that's the rules.
Your sis knew that she needed to pass that course to graduate yet she still failed. Tell her to buckle up and prepare well for the resit.

What abt if she was
intentionally failed?
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by ayobase(m): 7:49am On May 29, 2012
Claumy2: Let her re-sit the exam. Why? Because passing SSCE through mal-practice will always put you in jeopardy in your further studies. Computer Science Student with cpga of 4.3 failing Horizon... Unbelievable. Her result should be scruitinised.

Still asking.
What about being
failed intentionally?
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2012
2good:

I can see that you just run your mouth for nothing. First of all, the first class candidate graduated from the University of Lagos, had his MSc and PhD in Stanford University and currently work for Exxon Mobil in Houston Texas. You cannot get close to where he has achieved and you just open your mouth to say nonsense. You sound very frustrated by the Nigerian system. I still stand that a first class graduate anywhere whether from state, federal or private university is smart because even the distinction student from Laspotech that joined my BSc class at Unilag made a very good first class. You guys should stop this beefing and look for something better to do with your life.
May lightening strike your entire family to death for using slant words on me. Let Satan lick your anus until it becomes bloody. Ass-hole!!!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2012
lumideezle:

SHUT THE EFF UP!!! for thou knoweth not what you are saying have you ever been to babcock uni during exams? well i guess not cuz if u had u wldnt be yarning this trash! CCTV cameras watching you, with security and lecturers on every 4-5 rows all watching you, now tell me how u wanna cheat now?

Also im sure you did not know that if caught cheating in Babcock that attracts automatic 1 year suspension and if its a final year student? Na EXPULSION ( BU Students can confirm this check your handbook) Trust me they catch plp every year

so pls and pls kindly shut the f up cuz im sure the federal or state sch u went to can NEVER have such measures in Place
I remember in my final year and final paper, as we were abt to enter the exam hall i saw a coursemate of mine trying 2 sneak in some chips and i had to call boys to help me beg him not to, that its beta to fail than to get expelled or suspended(after plenty begging o) in your final year we gats open boys panel 4 am just to cajole him not to carry the chips into the hall cuz we knew the consequences
Shut your mother's mouth. Shut your already hopeless toilet in the name of mouth. Discuss the issue at hand. Oh yes I now know you are worried because you are from one of the mushroom private universities. Though BABCOCK is fair.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by ortopazz(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2012
swtchicgurl:

i think u left ur brain's drain valve open! something is leaking! angry

really,!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 9:14am On May 29, 2012
@hawtins thanks 4 d insults buh I knw u can't b cerebral enough on issues.
To the house;I say a big thank u for ur write-ups.She wil surely go bac & rewrite d shit.Its jst sad dt dy wnt allow d script 2 b remarked/reassessd.She wil sure march on sunday cos sch says she must or else she pays a fine(20k) onli thing dy wnt is jst dt she shld sign d undertaking dt she'l cme bac 4 summer so u can see dt d course has no relation to her CGPA cos it has no unit.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 10:57am On May 29, 2012
^ flckr, Okus is that you, i also went to Babcock mehn am sorry but its the truth,in Babcock i graduated with a 3.46 but i wasn't that serious with Bus admin anyway only Programming :p but pple usually might not be able to graduate if they have failed a course regardless of the GP they are in, left to me its babcock new's conspiracy to milk student while they can, normally in other school you'd carry on especially when its a 0 unit course with no attachment. but that is sad i wish her all the best. great Babcockite for life.(Makinde is still a crook)
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Physicist(m): 10:59am On May 29, 2012
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by peziz(f): 11:14am On May 29, 2012
Poster i can understand how you feel about this. I had a similar case at babcock last year, i had to attend summer to re-sit an exam i had a D grade in my 100level. My course of study wz cis but i had to take a cognate course wch to me then my D grade wz a fair pass. Wn d time for graduation came, my name wz not listed. I got wind of d information that a D grade in a core, cognate, elective course meant u failed dt course. The school comes out with funny rules at d last minute and you just keep wondering y the need to have a school bulletin wn rules concerning admissions and academic performances are changed witout consideration. I didnt convocate, wnt for summer, did my best evn though it wz painful nd finished wit good grades. Am currently serving but wuld be going 4 my graduation ceremony ds sunday and am happy. However; i must state dt most computer students at babcock are never serious with new horizon courses prolly bcus its a zero unit course. Almighty babcock saw ds as a money making venture and decided to make good use of it. Its unfortunate dt ur sister was caught up in ds mess. Its good to know dt they finally listed her for graduation. This just shows dt it wasn't abt being a requirement for graduation, but jst abt d money. I wish her well.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by bebechuks: 11:29am On May 29, 2012
Happened in my school too. It does not matter. I also went to a private uni.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2good(m): 12:52pm On May 29, 2012
Claumy2:
May lightening strike your entire family to death for using slant words on me. Let Satan lick your anus until it becomes bloody. Ass-hole!!!

I dont believe in your god, so I dont care what you think. Get a life and stop beefing people
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Jaykizz(m): 1:42pm On May 29, 2012
flckr: My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...

she go resit am noni........she no get choice na
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Jaykizz(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2012
she go rewrite am noni. na uni she dey na. jus adv her dat evrytin apens for a purpose
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by UyiIredia(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2012
The same goes for CU students too. Your sister has to rewrite the course. Nobody is cheating anybody. You can ask the Registrar and they'll tell you that that's what she has to do.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by WhyAWhy(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2012
Stop Whining, either it adds to cgpa or not, the prerequisite for graduation is to PASS ALL courses. Even in federal universities it's the same. In OAU if you don't pass 6 Electives.. you will NOT graduate! Infact on graduation list, they only list the SPECIAL ELECTIVES you wrote and passed (6 in total at least)
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by rhymz(m): 3:07pm On May 29, 2012
Serioisly, some of you need to get off your high horse with the way you lot keep making the issue about yourselves and the phucking schools you went to(like anyone gives a 4ck).
What the school authority did is exploitative and a deliberate move to wield absolute powers. All these nonsense happens because the bodies that are supposed to keep these clownish Universities in Check are compromised and too lethargic to know their duties.
There is absolutely no justification to stop a graduating student from convocating with her coleagues just because she did not do well in certification peogram that is not part of her academic curriculum in the school, just an affiliation certification program that can be written a thousand times whether or not one is in the University. It is not even a recognize certification to begin with. It is like a federal school stopping a graduating student because they did not do well in their AfriHub exam, like seriously, is it part of the NUC certified curriculum? I have always said that that it is high time concerned authorites look into barefaced robbery and open exploitation of the students of these privately run Universities. Their V.C obviously do not know much about school management, most of them don't even have any serious academic pedigree. They become V.Cs by virtue of their positions in the church or organization that owns the school. Oyedepo for instance has no business being a V.C of secondary school let alone a University, little wonder they come up with weird rules and regulations that have no bearing on the academic enlightenments of the students. Imagine adults being treated like toddlers, you are not to use a phone, you must attend the assembly with a bible, you can't have an opinion contrary to the school management, you are not allowed to make mistakes and learn from it, matter of fact, you are not allowed to even think without the aid of the overbearing owners of the school looming manacingly in your thoughts. Universities that are run like primary schools.
As if that is not enough they introduce all sorts of money making schemes to extort the students, their standards are so mediocre and hypocritical. At times, I wonder why People spend so much on these jokes they call Universities when they can easily pay a little and get their kids and wards to study abroad in schools that have very good academic pedigree and standards not all these childish University set up with no serious substance, just churches and private individuals capitalizing on the rots in our system to exploit parents. Funny enough, all of them are still viewed with scorn outside of Nigeria, who will take a University like BU, CU, madonna and co seriously with the way the schools are run by mediocre people with no experience and pedigree.
Imagine with such a fine CGPA, she still was treated with such scorn like the real school work don't matter, the school management is more interested in wielding its absolute powers and proving her point, the students academic well being means shit to them, she can either forfeit her certs or pay through her nose for an affiliate exam program arranged by the school and some smart ass to make money. GOD punish THEM!!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by lumideezle(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2012
Claumy2:
Shut your mother's mouth. Shut your already hopeless toilet in the name of mouth. Discuss the issue at hand. Oh yes I now know you are worried because you are from one of the mushroom private universities. Though BABCOCK is fair.

Did this Ignorant fool just mention my mother ?Amadioha kill your father, ur mother and ur generations to come! Idiot like you coming 2 run ur mouth on a forum without making urfindings first
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by philip0906(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2012
d new horizon lecture/exams in Babcock uni, is not taken seriously by students b'cos it was not binding on students 2 attend d classes or take/pass d exams.Out of our tuition fees, about 25ooo naira per student, goes 2 newhorizon. d skool later made it mandatory 4 students 2 attend d classes and pass d exams after noticing dat students did not take it serious despite paying 4 it. i have failed d exams b4, cos i never attended d class until when they made it compulsory.
@op
ur sisi failing has got nothing 2 do with her CGPA or her result being suspicious,just dat she never made d certification(New horizon) her priority and she was caught up by d new policy d skool is implementing.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 29, 2012
This thread reeks of immaturity. One cannot help but wonder the schools the vulgar ones attended. Pity.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by tlops(m): 7:51pm On May 29, 2012
If its a requirement then she must pass it whether it adds to her credit points or not. When I did masters we had courses like that, you might have earned all point for the course except for one simulation/case study/ seminar/report that has not been handed in. it will reflect as unfinished course in the transcript and no waiving...
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by sucezTP(f): 10:19pm On May 29, 2012
It happens most tyms..especially, wen u c ursef as d best student. A 2 unit course can earn u an extra yr if u r nt careful.....it wld b beta if she resits, don't mind d GPA
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by horlahore: 10:59pm On May 29, 2012
If the school fee is affordable, she should go back for d Extra. All wil be well.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by swtchicgurl: 11:22pm On May 29, 2012
ortopazz:

really,!

yes! tongue
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by swtchicgurl: 11:23pm On May 29, 2012
ayobase:

What abt if she was
intentionally failed?

then let her intentionally re-write it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by oemmanuel: 5:27am On Jun 02, 2012
All this private (or money school), I dont like talking about them or issue related to them.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2012
She's convocating today but d sch's finally changed its rules.Dy 'l jst cme bac in 1mth 2 rewrite d exam wivout payn 4 summer.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by rhymz(m): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2012
flckr: She's convocating today but d sch's finally changed its rules.Dy 'l jst cme bac in 1mth 2 rewrite d exam wivout payn 4 summer.
exactly the point I was making. Now they see the folly in their action, trying to deprive the kid of her hard earned convocation on the basis of some frivolous certification program that is not even part of her academic scope. And the dumb a$ses here keep telling her to go back and re-write it without complaints like na una go pay the 150k.
How can anyone take schools with such tyrannical posture seriously. This is a lesson to all these docile Nigerian students and parents that do not know when to fight for their rights. Congrats dear....it paid off.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by KunAviero(m): 1:39am On Jul 14, 2014
S.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by KunAviero(m): 1:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Sorry dude, that's how it happens in private schools. Even in my school Madonna university, for example, a biochemistry student cannot graduate if at the end of four years he fails to pass a course like french. Imagine the nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat / 2009 JUNE/JULY NECO Result Released. / 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.