Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? (19835 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by erico2k2(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hychineson: u are equally wrong. D light at d T junction indicates to d vehicles behing u dat u r moving straight. Hope u got me right?
zero ova hundred, you fail your driving test bedat grin grin
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by erico2k2(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
brabus:

The one that amuses me most is that some drivers uses it when carrying dead body.
Guy, dead body no be hazard? grin grin grin
On a serious note, the vehicle bearing corps uses hazard lights as they are driving slowly and slow vehicles constitutes HAZARD
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by erico2k2(m): 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=Piyke]

Although it strictly means your car has issues, lets also look at it this way; In UK for example there are lanes that when your on them it tells all other cars that ur heading across the round-about, but here in naija its not always so. In most states lanes are not that demarcated, so I really don't blame nigerians for using the hazard light to indicate that they're heading straight at a roundabout or intersection.

At least other road users understand what it means when its on at a junction grin[/

Guy what lane markings tell others that you are going straight fru a roundabout in the UK?
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
yusuf_@:
I use it when i'm in a convoy, mostly when i'm on a long distant journey! I guess it's a nigerian thing to do that!

For those that use it to indicate that their cars have broken down, try not to nxt time cos it cld run down ur battery, that's what ur triangle is for. i'm talking from experience.

Plus, i think it's kind of cool, it gives u a clear lane on d express, though it hardly works if a woman is d one driving d car in ur front.

what the point of saving the battery when your car has developed a problem and i cant move ? hence the hazard lights warns other motorist to approach with caution which saves life than an battery with can be recharged
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by Ninilowo(m): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
when playing hazadous track e.g " you is the one" or "madam" grin
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by DECOtech(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
Hychineson: u are equally wrong. D light at d T junction indicates to d vehicles behing u dat u r moving straight. Hope u got me right?
caring less about what information you are giving to vehicles coming frm either your left or right? Bros, check am nah.
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by elbashyr(m): 11:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
I USE IT WHEN THERE IS FAULT ND TH ROAD IS TOO BUSY TO NEGOTIATE TO THE PEDESTRIAN LANE, I ALSO USE IT WHEN ON A HIGH WAY WHEN SOME OTHER VEHICLE ARE TRYING SPEED WITH ME TO SHOW THEM THAT THERE IS A NARROW BEND OR A BUSY SETTLEMENT OR MARKET AHEAD SO THAT NO ONE WILL TRY TO OVER TAKE OR SPEED UP TO PASS ME MOST ESPECIALLY IN THE NIGHT, I ALSO USE IT TO TELL NIGERIA POLICE/ROAD WARDENS THAT STAY ON A HIGH WAY UNNECESSARILY THAT AM NOT STOOPING.......IT DEPENDS
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by erico2k2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
you should only use it when your vehicle constitute HAZARD
the issue of using it when going straight is silly.
Re: When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light? by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
DualCore1: I drive for 3 people. Me, the person in front and the person behind. At a T-Junction the dude at the back may be indicating left and following me bumper to bumper thinking I am one freak who doesn't know how to use indicators to show I am also going left... I use the hazard to show him i am going straight so he should space out and make his left turn before he buys market. I also use the hazard and headlights when going across the T-Junction and I see the guy coming from the opposite end is making a right/left turn that will cut across my straight line of movement. I use it to tell him he shouldn't make that turn cuz he will buy market.

Those are my non-standard use of the hazard lights.
lol Bross how do you go across a T Jct?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Vehicles For The Cleaner Lagos Initiative / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine? / Nigeria Customs Releases Update Of Grace Period For Auto Duty Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.