Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread (28501 Views)

Serena Defeats Sharapova To Win French Open Title / Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 / Talking Tennis: Roland Garros Kicks Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 30, 2012
How come no one is rooting for British No.1, Andy Murray? I wish you the best tittle in your career. Federer should go and retire let young uns keep the game going. Though I didn't see Milos Raonic, I hope he came to the tournament.
Isner and Tipsarevic are also my favorites.

Kivitova and Azarenka are my favourites to win. Maria Sharapova should go and retire with the williams sisters.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:07am On May 31, 2012
thank you all , let's keep it rocking grin grin grin grin

@santino nice post

venus also lost to radwanska , apart from the fact that she's not in a good physical condition ,the red soil is not a comfortable surface for her as well .i'm not suprise because she lost to a formidable opponent
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by reeze: 1:08am On May 31, 2012
Sharapova and djokovic all d way.....no time....sharapova is hot winning her first match in straight sets,6-0,6-0
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:09am On May 31, 2012
HAH: It seems the William sisrters are now history, both are out

i dont think so , i think serena still have one or two more grandslams in her , i dont know of venus but serena is sure , watchout for us open ..
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:11am On May 31, 2012
luvmijeje: Serena Jameka Williams u fall my hand.Venus has lost too,to world no 3 Radwanska 6-2,6-3

dont worry , she will make it up to you at wimbledon and us open , you know the red soil is never her surface ......WILLIAMSES 4 LIFE
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:13am On May 31, 2012
reeze: Sharapova and djokovic all d way.....no time....sharapova is hot winning her first match in straight sets,6-0,6-0

me and you will fight well on this thread , that is the player i hate most on the tour grin grin grin grin grin , she is overrated sad sad undecided
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:19am On May 31, 2012
Santino1: Been looking for this thread.....
well Fredooo, sorry your Serena has been dumped out, since she ventured into that crap she called rap, I know the end is near...I think I'll agree with you on Rafa, though I'm team Fed for life, Rafa is high right now on clay. grin grin grin grin

sure nothing last forever , the williams sisters are close to the end , but never write serena off , she can come out with suprise when people least expect.dont forget the red -soil is never their thing . but it is very disappointing going out in the 1st round , though rezzano played a great match ..
this year winner is between rafa or djokovic , they are playing great tennis . i'm baba twins fan for life too , but rafa is my man anytime anyday .....so anybody that beat djokovic am cool with him grin grin grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:23am On May 31, 2012
davidylan: Radwanska will kill Venus today.
Only interested in grand slams from week 2 when the real big boys turn out to play.

week 2 is near ,we are waiting for you here , moreover you have not tell us who you are giving your support grin cheesy grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 1:32am On May 31, 2012
sadyeek: [size=15pt]first of all it is spelt[/size] [size=18pt]ROLAND GARROS[/size]
[size=15pt]those of you calling rafa should go and sleep jor,

the winners for 2012
men
ROGER, the master of tennis, if something happen sha, then novak

women
ana ivanovic....
[/size]

ANA IVANOVIC you are joking right ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 2:16am On May 31, 2012
finally baba twins (Roger federer) set a record of 234th grandslam wins .respect to the best player ever to hold the racket , i doff my hat ............. BABA na baba
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by MOBBDEEP: 2:37am On May 31, 2012
fredoooooo: finally baba twins (Roger federer) set a record of 234th grandslam wins .respect to the best player ever to hold the racket , i doff my hat ............. BABA na baba

I share your thoughts too. To me, he's the greatest Tennisman of all time.

Meanwhile, please does any Tennis-lover in the house knows about the whereabout of these two great guys :
1. Gael Monfils ( French Nationality, a hard-cut/hard- surface player & one of Aces' masters)

2. David Ferrer ( a Spanish & very skilful )

I've been looking for them but no news about them
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by femzy(m): 3:49am On May 31, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

I share your thoughts too. To me, he's the greatest Tennisman of all time.

Meanwhile, please does any Tennis-lover in the house knows about the whereabout of these two great guys :
1. Gael Monfils ( French Nationality, a hard-cut/hard- surface player & one of Aces' masters)

2. David Ferrer ( a Spanish & very skilful )

I've been looking for them but no news about them

Monfils pulled out of the grand slam due to a left knee injury which he has been struggling with for Weeks.

Ferrer is going to be on court 1 later in the day against unseeded Benoit Paire from France. The spainiard has this way of shying out against the top 4. age ain't on his side aging though.

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by StarrMatthieu: 4:52am On May 31, 2012
Expect little willy[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Nobody: 5:24am On May 31, 2012
No poll?
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Nobody: 5:57am On May 31, 2012
I am rootin for federer. Love federerrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by AndreOgara(m): 7:22am On May 31, 2012
i'm still shell shocked that serena lost. I feel so sorry for her...having played so well coming into this grandslam, she wanted to win so bad. You could see that she started crying after she lost the second set. I' rueing her loss still but all credit must go to razzano who kept going for her shots and making williams play on the run to minimize williams' power. Razzano had nothing to lose as she's playing a multiple grandslam winner/champion and also lost her husband/coach last year. She felt she had to give her home crowd a treat and that she did. This will only fire serena up more as wimbledon is just around the corner. Now she must learn to close out matches. She actually led 5-1 in the second set tiebreak...Two more points to go...How could she have allowed razzano win the next six points to win that second set!!!!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by damilola15: 8:18am On May 31, 2012
kkk17: How come no one is rooting for British No.1, Andy Murray? I wish you the best tittle in your career. Federer should go and retire let young uns keep the game going. Though I didn't see Milos Raonic, I hope he came to the tournament.
Isner and Tipsarevic are also my favorites.

Kivitova and Azarenka are my favourites to win. Maria Sharapova should go and retire with the williams sisters.
Andy, Andy, Andy. I wish for once he'd surprise me. I always root for him, Roger and Novak but only Andy leaves me hanging.

Too bad for the William sisters though.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by fredoooooo: 8:49am On May 31, 2012
day 5
men: nadal, murray , ferrer , isner etc all will be on court .
women: sharapova , kvitova ,wozniacki , jankovic all in action
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Lovren(m): 9:32am On May 31, 2012
[color=][/color][/color][color=#550000][color=#000099][/color]. Watch out for agnesia radwanska guys! That gal is playing incredibly agressive tennis! We all can see how she dumped out venus wit an incredible performance! Anytime she able to play her doublefeet back hand, it is always 100% cross court give the opponent no change! And her movement on the court is immense! Wil not be suprise if she won the roland garros!

Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Lovren(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2012
Another guy to watch out for jo-wielfred tsonga! Playing on a home ground will be an advantage for the talented frenchman! His got an unbelivable forehand, netlevel, ground strokes! And powerful serves! He his surely a man to watch!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Murphy7h4: 9:55am On May 31, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
joeydozzy: Rooting for sharapova and djokovic. Maybe berdych could reach the final
agree
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2012
Andy Murray is unreliable just as every other average British sportsmen. He is down 1-4 in the 1st set to 48th ranked Jarkko Nieminen. Expect him to make a statement, he just starts playing below par.

mscheeeew!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On May 31, 2012
Andy Murray playing with injury. Is he going to pull out? Nieminen currently leading by 1 set to 0 and a break up in the 2nd set, 2-1
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On May 31, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Lovren: Another guy to watch out for jo-wielfred tsonga! Playing on a home ground will be an advantage for the talented frenchman! His got an unbelivable forehand, netlevel, ground strokes! And powerful serves! He his surely a man to watch!

True.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by omar22(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2012
Honestly if I were Serena I wont play the French Open again after the way she was treated back in 2002 or 2003 when she beat Henin on her way to win 4 grandslam in a row! the fans were so hustle towards her, booing her!!!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by Tczar(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2012
Cant stil beliv serena is out,i hp azarenka or ana ivanovic wins it now,as 4 d men it's surely nadal(king of clay).
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by AndreOgara(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2012
Lovren: [color=][/color][/color][color=#550000][color=#000099][/color]. Watch out for agnesia radwanska guys! That gal is playing incredibly agressive tennis! We all can see how she dumped out venus wit an incredible performance! Anytime she able to play her doublefeet back hand, it is always 100% cross court give the opponent no change! And her movement on the court is immense! Wil not be suprise if she won the roland garros!
you have got to be kidding!!! Right? Venus is dealing with an autoimmune disease that saps her energy everytime she plays and still managed to take it to her towards the end of their match. A fully fit and healthy venus will rip radwanska to shreds. Radwanska probably won't make it into the quaterfinals.
Can't wait for wimbledon and olympics which will be played on grass. There will the williams sisters return in full force. Clay was never their forte any way but still serena managed to win it in 2002. Now that's greatness!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by coolguyz(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2012
Andy has vexed ooooo!
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by mykejones(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2012
U jus got 2luv Roger. He's just the best and most reliable sports man in his time.
"It's either you are good in clay, hard court,grass or you are simply Roger Fedex". A comment by a tennis great.
Btw,it's simply heart breakin that my crush is out in the first round. No biggie tho,she's still got the doubles to play for.
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by khattab008: 12:20pm On May 31, 2012
Best player of all time>>ROGER FEDERER
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by murtalaa(m): 1:13pm On May 31, 2012
. grin grin
Re: Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread by murtalaa(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2012
who are these moderators for god's sake? other more important topics are begging to be on the frontpage, please. There is a thread for NNPC/DPR job seekers whose recruitment hangs on the balance despite being kept on edge for two years. Such are the kind of topics you expect to see on the frontpage not this kind of trash posted by whiteman wannabes. Who gives a shiit about french open this side of the globe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Okiki Afolabi Faces FIFA Ban Over Forged Document (photo) / Skipping Challenge: Philip Solomon Breaking Guinness World Record (Video) / ICPC Seizes Amaju Pinnick's Properties In Warri, Abuja, Lagos, London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.