Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements (12850 Views)

Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics / PDP Urges EFCC To Probe Fashola Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 25, 2012
THE national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has urged Christians across the country to ignore statements by the President, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor for castigating the National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

According to PDP, rather than tongue lash the PDP and its leadership, the party must not only be hailed, but should be emulated by other political parties and organizations whose activities connect directly or indirectly to the unity of the nation.

From left: Co-Chairman, Nigeria Inter-religious Council (Nirec), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor; National Co-ordinator/executive Secretary, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, and Co-Chairman, Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar III, at a meeting of NIREC with President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja. NAN Photo

In a statement signed by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh Friday in Abuja, the party noted that the CAN President got what it termed the harmless statement of the party’s National Chairman wrong.

It would be recalled that when the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur received a delegation of Gombe state PDP led by the governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo to the Wadata Plaza last week, had said that the Boko Haram activities that have led to loss of lives and property destroyed was a reaction to injustice.

According to Tukur, Boko Haram was another name for injustice by those people who may have been deprived, just as he called on Governors of the North East to create employment for the youths in the area as a way of reducing the level of insecurity in the zone, adding that the youths will continue to agitate for one thing or the other, once they are hungry.

He stated that youth restiveness were primarily hunger-induced, just as he urged the governors to find a lasting solution to this major problem.

While reacting to Tukur’s statement Thursday, CAN president, Oritsejafor described the PDP National Chairman as spokesperson of the dreaded Islamist sect, Boko Haram.

Metuh’s statement read in part, ‘’The Party’s membership of millions of Nigerians who are Muslims and who are also Christians, Dr. Tukur is a father who can ill ford to give in to discrimination of any form.

“There is abundant evidence that the issue of religious divisiveness in the manner the CAN President has interpreted our National Chairman, is non-existent in our great Party.

In both the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the National Working Committee (NWC), the PDP has amply illustrated that Christians and Muslims can work together for the greatness of Nigeria. We therefore expect that we not only be commended but emulated by other political Parties and organizations whose activities connect directly or indirectly to the unity of the nation.”

“We therefore urge Christians to disregard any misinterpretation of the statement of our National Chairman and continue to live in peace with their Muslim brothers.”

‘’The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described as a contextual misinterpretation of relevant facts, the remark by the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor on the harmless statement by the PDP National chairman, Dr. Bamanga Tukur on Boko Haram and peace in Northern Nigeria.

‘’Dr. Tukur is a foremost Nigerian who in words and actions has shown himself a true patriot that cannot be conceived in the mould of ethnic or religious bigotry.

“Over the decades, he has built bridges of friendship across religions and regions of Nigeria, etching his name as an African statesman. It is on record also, that since he was elected the National Chairman of our great Party, his message has been consistent on the imperative of unity, equity and justice for every Nigerian.

“He has never hidden his resolve and determination to use the historic opportunity offered by his leadership of the nation’s ruling Party to champion the ideals of the founding fathers of Nigeria that irrespective of our tongue , tribe and creed, Nigerians are one and that our diversity is our greatest strength.

“He has spared no effort in deploring the incidence of violence in the Northern part of the country. He has stated in no uncertain terms that no reason can justify terror attacks. But he has also charged that those involved in the violence and their sponsors are our brothers, and there is therefore a need for our collective efforts”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/ignore-oritsejafor-pdp-urges-chistians/

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by redsun(m): 12:04am On May 26, 2012
Hmmm,confused people.They like to lie on smoothly made bed they dont have the strength to make.

21st century "adults" with the mentality of pre-dark age era.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by jamace(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2012
If christians ignore Oritse then they should listen to Boko Haram, eh? Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by PointB: 8:41am On May 26, 2012
Looks like these PDP guys are just as confused as their CPC and ACN counterparts! Why should Christians ignore their own leaders because of your say so?
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by monkeyleg: 8:46am On May 26, 2012
Is Oritsejafor truly a leader of Chritians??
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by ektbear: 8:49am On May 26, 2012
Oritsejafor has more credibility with me than the PDP

9 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by rasputinn(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2012
[size=14pt]Yes,they should ignore their leader and listen to Bamanga Tukur-A muslim who says Boko Haram is fighting for justice[/size]

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Afam4eva(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2012
Muslims, don't listen to Prophet Mohammed.

These PDP goons have made stupidity a religion that they can bow their heads and adore.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by PointB: 9:40am On May 26, 2012
I guess the PDP will recall that Ohakim lost to Rochas primarily because of his fallout with the Church in Imo State. Their leadership should be very mindful of what they say about Christian leaders. Not that I care about PDP anyway!
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Nobody: 10:57am On May 26, 2012
This is just like asking muslims to ignore the sultan.
I will rather harken to Oritsejafor than stupid sell-out metuh.
Which injustice did christians met out to bh ppl that has warranted blowing up of churches up north?

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Mynd44: 11:30am On May 26, 2012
These PDP guys are just increasing in stupidity by the day
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by donpeluchi(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2012
It can be argued that boko haram is fighing for justice in view of their leader who was murdered by the nigerian police. But violence is never a good option to fight for justice.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by AnotherOkija: 11:33am On May 26, 2012
Oritsejafor is a thief and should be ignored.. With all the millions he has loooted in the name of Jesus, how many roads has he tarred.. Fhuck him.. I will rather stick with politicians who we can hold accountable than with religous thieves who hide under the phantom 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED" clause to steal from gullible poor ppl.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Biggyd2: 11:33am On May 26, 2012
wink wink grin grin PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOOOOPPPPLLLLLEEEE!!! Kai!
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Luckygurl(f): 11:45am On May 26, 2012
PDP and CAN are all bunches of confused individuals.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by lafuria1(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2012
Family affair. At the end u pple wud still pless ur hand on pdp. By the way has CAN ever attacked GEJ? They wud never do I guess.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by guonno: 11:52am On May 26, 2012
Oritsejafo the can presido is the only can presido that i have seen taking the christians problems like it is his own household problems. If not for his actions on tv and the fact that the north knows that he has the interest of christians at heart, they would hasve killed more christians. May GOD PUNISH TUKUR, and all his children that shall know no peace for these bloodshed.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Biggyd2: 11:53am On May 26, 2012
donpeluchi: It can be argued that boko haram is fighing for justice in view of their leader who was murdered by the nigerian police. But violence is never a good option to fight for justice.

I have a question. Should bh kill other innocent people because ONE of their own was killed?
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by opaitbaba(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2012
How can PDP national chairman say BH is fighting injustice? That simply means they shld keep fighting till justice is done. Dat statement is so BH. How can PDP national chairman say BH is fighting injustice? That simply means they shld keep fighting till justice is done. Dat statement is so BH. How can PDP national chairman say BH is fighting injustice? That simply means they shld keep fighting till justice is done. Dat statement is so BH.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by chmod777: 12:15pm On May 26, 2012
If the north is poverty stricken,
1. Do the IEDs, the SUV, the AK47 etc cost 1penny, why are they lavishing money if they do not have
2. If it true they are poor, do the government do better in the South, what made/makes them poorer ? Do they government provide means of livelyhood for (for example) the Igbos where at least each home could afford 2meal/day

3. Do the common ppl worshiping their own God affect their poverty, such that they deserve to be killed.
4. Does the government provide school fees to the Southerners who opt to go to school ?

What makes the North poorer as we claim. huh??

2 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Chanchit: 12:18pm On May 26, 2012
That Tukur should be tied to a tree, then recieve a thirteen bullet salute, on his chest... Silly old man...!

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Princesaha: 12:20pm On May 26, 2012
Pa Ayo had said it all. Tukur is a supporter of BH. What injustice are they fighting? What did xtians do 2 them dat they are now their primary targets. D truth remains dat most of these northern leaders are in support of Bh. We dont need Ayo 2 tell us that. I live in kano and so i know what am saying. When people like Sanusi even supported them openly then there is problem. D Pdp can go 2 hell wit their useless clarification. Bh will cease 2 exist d very day northern leaders want all these rubbish 2 stop.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Gloria3: 12:20pm On May 26, 2012
[quote
author=Another Okija]Oritsejafor is a thief and should be ignored..
With all the millions he has loooted in the name of Jesus, how many
roads has he tarred.. Fhuck him.. I will rather stick with politicians
who we can hold accountable than with religous thieves who hide under
the phantom 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED" clause to steal from gullible poor
ppl.[/quote] u must b a fool!
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by ibide(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2012
Another Okija: Oritsejafor is a thief and should be ignored.. With all the millions he has loooted in the name of Jesus, how many roads has he tarred.. Fhuck him.. I will rather stick with politicians who we can hold accountable than with religous thieves who hide under the phantom 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED" clause to steal from gullible poor ppl.
are u mad ? How can he tarre ur road is he ur governor ? Or u don't know who papa Ayo is .

3 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by IleIfe2(m): 12:30pm On May 26, 2012
Northerners using Christian aliases on this forum shame on you!
Another Okija
Lucky gurl
Donpeluche
Monkeyleg

I guess Niger-Deltans, mend & others should start killing northerners, muslims and bombing mosque to fight for justice.Their people are being killed, farms, fish-ponds, rivers are gone. Nigeria or other Nigerians owe Boko-haram or any other northerner nothing. One slowpoke wakes up one day and declares his religion and ethnicity is superior to others, he receives financial backing from his tribe's elites who feel the current president and his kind should not rule over them, then he starts killing people. nuclear bombs should be met with fire. rubbish

3 Likes

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by kinisoo1: 12:32pm On May 26, 2012
grin
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by amanyi4u(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2012
Why will a stake holder make this kind of statement. How do you fight injustice by killing people ?

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 26, 2012
Bokos are not human. What have been taken forcefully from them that seek justice? ..PDP chairman needs to be interogated.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Azcreativ(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
Another Okija: Oritsejafor is a thief and should be ignored.. With all the millions he has loooted in the name of Jesus, how many roads has he tarred.. Fhuck him.. I will rather stick with politicians who we can hold accountable than with religous thieves who hide under the phantom 'TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED" clause to steal from gullible poor ppl.

You are confused.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by peruso: 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
ekt_bear: Oritsejafor has more credibility with me than the PDP

A BILLION TIMES MY DEAR A BILLION TIMES

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 26, 2012
It is acutely saddening to think that the foolish spokesperson to the aboki comes from my dear state. Alh Babaringa Stupor had the opportunity to give justice to the north as the then Governor of old Gongola state. He remains a strong chain in the progressive impoverishment of the north. They enacted the almajiri syndrome and now they hide under the guise of statesmanship to shift attention of bokoharam from them. I hope Bokoharam knows the location of wadata plaza.
Re: PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements by Onyenna(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2012
....I don't just know how to describe these notherners...... angry .... Bunch of f.o.o.ls.... Illiteracy is a very big decease.... angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Fayose Reacts, Says Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler / Oby Ezekwezili Was Never Part-Owner Of Our Company - Alpha Reach / Despite Winning Online Poll, Saraki Not Interested In PDP Chairmanship- Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.