Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,819 members, 7,831,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? (32758 Views)

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ballabriggs: 9:38am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Do you do that in your water?

What a fool!

Tell me how much electricity is needed for this na! Unimaginative braindead punk.
http://www.labmanager.com/?articles.view/articleNo/7535/article/Michigan-Tech-Prof-Develops-New-Way-of-Purifying-Drinking-Water

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Stop being an idi0t and get out of this place. Why derail what is meant to be an intellectual debate? This is a debate for higher minds and not scums like you. Seems you're high on some cheap ogogoro. Get a life you scum!
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 27, 2012
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Unlike you, i do not pledge allegiance to any country, even though i possessed their passports not even Nigeria. My allegiance lies only to a region off the east banks of the Niger river.

That being said, i speak from a non-biased point of view when i am evaluating these western countries. I am not here to pull you and your love of England down. I just wanna let you know that if you sincerely believe that England is a better country all-round than say USA, Germany, Switzerland, Finland and so on,you have zero experience on Europe and the Americas. One of the reasons i left England was due to the backwardness of the country. It is like they are stuck in time and do not wanna let go of the middle ages.

Technologically, England is a mess. You would not be surprised to witness toilets with pull-down pumps in 2012 or water faucets you have to screw and unscrew to make the tap run.

Your so called health system is a sham and laughable at best. Want to see what a free healthcare system looks like, try Norway or Germany and you would understand.

England is good for Nigerians who are already indoctrinated in Nigeria about how posh ''jand'' is and who have zero experience about how far ahead other countries are in comparison to England but for people like me who know better, England still remains the refuse dump of western Europe.

I would give it to England though in terms of diversity but for wealth, better social lives and system and tech. advancement, you people are still stuck in time.

Don't you people still ration electricity in 2012? lol.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 9:40am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: ^
You are very daft. I have kept asking you the single question:
Is Nigeria in the US? All you have said up there is stup!d in a Nigerian setting. Shiit in water? What a fool!

There is money in Nigeria, just that many are shallow minded know-it-alls like ekt bear or they are low self esteemed awuf luv'n phucks.
There is a lot of money to be made from the things we look down on, but it takes imagination and physical application.

so why are nigerians poor if there's a lot to be made in nigeria?
why does the average nigerian spend $2 a day? there's a lot of money
to be made in nigeria when it comes to backdoor and shady contracts that
are only accessible for 0.05% of the population.

Bandit C.:

you must have lived in a cave while in england. ration electricity
in the united kingdom? of course we do.....we only get 6 hours
electricity everyday for the past 5 yrs. grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:41am On May 27, 2012
ballabriggs:

Stop being an idi0t and get out of this place. Why derail what is meant to be an intellectual debate? This is a debate for higher minds and not scums like you. Seems you're high on some cheap ogogoro. Get a life you scum!

Everybody knows you are a fool, so theres no point repeating it. I'm sure you are also one of those sorry souls suffering abroad, they always come across as deeply frustrated.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:41am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:
Tell me how much electricity is needed for this na! Unimaginative braindead punk.
http://www.labmanager.com/?articles.view/articleNo/7535/article/Michigan-Tech-Prof-Develops-New-Way-of-Purifying-Drinking-Water

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

I guess we just view the world in different ways.

I've grown up in a world in which electricity is the lifeblood of business. It is just a basic tool that allows people to do things more efficiently and cheaply.

In most of the world (not even just Western world. China, Brazil, etc too), it isn't even something you think about it. If you want to accomplish task X, you need electricity to do it.

I'm sure that it is fun and enjoyable for you to think about how to purify water, access the internet, manufacture cars and planes, etc without electricity.

But this is not the 1800s. This is 2012.

If one is trying to build a successful, legitimate business/society/etc, then at some point you'll need electricity.

Who knows, maybe you'll be able to convince some Nigerians abroad to return in Nigeria and pursue your 419 schemes.

But for the vast majority, they'll be uninterested.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 27, 2012

It’s easy enough to purify clear water. The solar water disinfection method, or SODIS, calls for leaving a transparent plastic bottle of clear water out in the sun for six hours. That allows heat and ultraviolet radiation to wipe out most pathogens that cause diarrhea, a malady that kills 4,000 children a day in Africa.

It’s a different story if the water is murky, as it often is where people must fetch water from rivers, streams and boreholes. “In the developing world, many people don’t have access to clear water, and it’s very hard to get rid of the suspended clay particles,” says Joshua Pearce, an associate professor of materials science and engineering. “But if you don’t, SODIS doesn’t work. The microorganisms hide under the clay and avoid the UV.”

Thus, to purify your water, you first have to get the clay to settle out, a process called flocculation. Working with student Brittney Dawney of Queen’s University in Ontario, Pearce discovered that one of the most abundant minerals on Earth does this job very well: sodium chloride, or simple table salt.

Salt is inexpensive and available almost everywhere. And it doesn’t take very much to make muddy water clear again.

“The water has a lower sodium concentration than Gatorade,” Pearce says. This would still be too much salt to pass muster as American tap water, but American tap water is not the alternative.

“I’ve drunk this water myself. If I were somewhere with no clean water and had kids with diarrhea, and this could save their lives, I’d use this, no question,” he says.

Salt works best when the suspended particles are a type of clay called bentonite. The technique doesn’t work as well with other kinds of clay. However, by adding a little bentonite with the salt to water containing these different clays, most of the particles glom together and settle out, creating water clear enough for SODIS treatment.

in the book of beaf diahrrea is the only ailment you can get from water

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_water_disinfection

Applications

SODIS is an effective method for treating water where fuel or cookers are unavailable or prohibitively expensive. Even where fuel is available, SODIS is a more economical and environmentally friendly option. The application of SODIS is limited if enough bottles are not available, or if the water is highly turbid. In fact, if the water is highly turbid, SODIS cannot be used alone; additional filtering is then necessary.[6]

In theory, the method could be used in disaster relief or refugee camps. However, supplying bottles may be more difficult than providing equivalent disinfecting tablets containing chlorine, bromine, or iodine. In addition, in some circumstances, it may be difficult to guarantee that the water will be left in the sun for the necessary time.

Other methods for household water treatment and safe storage exist, e.g. chlorination, different filtration procedures or flocculation/disinfection. The selection of the adequate method should be based on the criteria of effectiveness, the co-occurrence of other types of pollution (turbidity, chemical pollutants), treatment costs, labor input and convenience, and the user’s preference.

Cautions
The PET recycling mark shows that a bottle is made from polyethylene terephthalate, making it suitable for solar water disinfection.[7]

If the water bottles are not left in the sun for the proper length of time, the water may not be safe to drink and could cause illness. If the sunlight is less strong, due to overcast weather or a less sunny climate, a longer exposure time in the sun is necessary.

The following issues should also be considered:

Bottle material: Some glass or PVC materials may prevent ultraviolet light from reaching the water.[8] Commercially available bottles made of PET are recommended. The handling is much more convenient in the case of PET bottles. Polycarbonate blocks all UVA and UVB rays, and therefore should not be used.

Aging of plastic bottles: SODIS efficiency depends on the physical condition of the plastic bottles, with scratches and other signs of wear reducing the efficiency of SODIS. Heavily scratched or old, blind bottles should be replaced.

Shape of containers: The intensity of the UV radiation decreases rapidly with increasing water depth. At a water depth of 10 cm (4 inches) and moderate turbidity of 26 NTU, UV-A radiation is reduced to 50%. PET soft drink bottles are often easily available and thus most practical for the SODIS application.

Oxygen: Sunlight produces highly reactive forms of oxygen (oxygen free radicals and hydrogen peroxides) in the water. These reactive molecules contribute in the destruction process of the microorganisms. Under normal conditions (rivers, creeks, wells, ponds, tap) water contains sufficient oxygen (more than 3 mg Oxygen per litre) and does not have to be aerated before the application of SODIS.

Leaching of bottle material: There has been some concern over the question of whether plastic drinking containers can release chemicals or toxic components into water, a process possibly accelerated by heat. The Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research have examined the diffusion of adipates and phthalates (DEHA and DEHP) from new and reused PET-bottles in the water during solar exposure. The levels of concentrations found in the water after a solar exposure of 17 hours in 60°C water were far below WHO guidelines for drinking water and in the same magnitude as the concentrations of phthalate and adipate generally found in high-quality tap water.
Concerns about the general use of PET-bottles were also expressed after a report published by researchers from the University of Heidelberg on the release of antimony from PET-bottles for soft drinks and mineral water stored over several months in supermarkets. However, the antimony concentrations found in the bottles are orders of magnitude below WHO[9] and national guidelines for antimony concentrations in drinking water.[10][11][12] Furthermore, SODIS water is not stored over such extended periods in the bottles.

Regrowth of bacteria: Once removed from sunlight, remaining bacteria may again reproduce in the dark. A 2010 study showed that adding just 10 parts per million of hydrogen peroxide is effective in preventing the regrowth of wild Salmonella.[13]

Toxic chemicals: Solar water disinfection does not remove toxic chemicals that may be present in the water, such as factory waste.

The bolded is an example of the laziness I am talking about. What exactly needs huge capital? You've simply taken one look at being responsible, then collapsed and died. You didn't even try to think of aspects of precious stones, waterways, solar energy that you could get into for next to free off charge.

There are many things under your nose, a very simple example is creating potable drinking water with solar energy - costs next to zero and much less than a ticket to the US (and much less than madness). Another is generating fuel/electricity from waste (you go to toilet init? grin). etc etc et

the above is beafs original quote - beaf sees provision of emergency water as an imaginative business venture - he is a true pdp montser even the villain in quantum of solace wasn't this callous

so whats your big plan - selling used ept water bottles?

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ndahbros1: 9:42am On May 27, 2012
I wonder y all of u are beefing Beaf(pun actually intended) over solar electrification issues.
Y don't u see it as a challenge to innovation or enterprise? Must he give details of how it can be done or if it is even possible here in Nigeria? It is for d business- and creative-minded person to assert himself over d opportunity. And believe me, opportunity it is.
There is nothing dat is not capable of making one rich in Nigeria. Already d average Nigerian does not depend on govt. So dis cud just be one area where someone can pick up d gauntlet n make himself rich.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 27, 2012
this is the sort of brain in gej's govt - everything that he is proposig are simply exploitative solutions aimed at making money off poor villagers etal

selling solar energy and warm bottled water to villagers

the kind of mind that can see solar heated water as a business opportunity . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:46am On May 27, 2012
ndahbros1: I wonder y all of u are beefing Beaf(pun actually intended) over solar electrification issues.
Y don't u see it as a challenge to innovation or enterprise? Must he give details of how it can be done or if it is even possible here in Nigeria? It is for d business- and creative-minded person to assert himself over d opportunity. And believe me, opportunity it is.
There is nothing dat is not capable of making one rich in Nigeria. Already d average Nigerian does not depend on govt. So dis cud just be one area where someone can pick up d gauntlet n make himself rich.

please get off beafs prick and try to think for a change

it has been broken down to you if you bother to read rather than spout empty talk - the cost of solar energy /watt is not competitive.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:46am On May 27, 2012
coogar:

so why are nigerians poor if there's a lot to be made in nigeria?
why does the average nigerian spend $2 a day? there's a lot of money
to be made in nigeria when it comes to backdoor and shady contracts that
are only accessible for 0.05% of the population.

No, lack of imagination is rife in Nigeria. I've given examples of how whites come and research our agbo, only to return, patent some chemicals, set up a business and make billions. We look down on the things close to us, in fact we sneer at them.

I recall on another thread, I posted pictures of Jamaican water crackers made from cassava that you can buy on the streets of the US and the UK.
The first time I saw those crackers, I immediately recognised them as something we have in the rural areas of Delta state, called akpo biscuit (or in slang, truckman tablet). The big difference is that while the Jamaicans are proudly exporting that stuff, you can only find it in rural areas here. But thats ready money to be made in pounds and dollars from cassava. Thats just one example.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:47am On May 27, 2012
The funny thing to me oyb is that I was actually very interested in water purification as a kid. I even did a science fair project on it in 4th grade grin

Spent a lot of time reading about it.

Anyway, initially, I thought Beaf was just too dumb to realize that generating electricity from solar is expensive.

Now I realize that he is just too dumb to realize that most businesses in the world that are profitable require electricity.

His proposal to purify water w/o electricity is cute and all. But so would be a proposal by someone to use oxen and goats for transportation, rather than cars.

Most Nigerians are in 2012, and trying to go to 2020.

Beaf on the other hand is in 2012, and wants to go back to 1820.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Ardedaryor(m): 9:48am On May 27, 2012
interesting grin grin grin grin grin topic
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

I've grown up in a world in which electricity is the lifeblood of business. It is just a basic tool that allows people to do things more efficiently and cheaply.

In most of the world (not even just Western world. China, Brazil, etc too), it isn't even something you think about it. If you want to accomplish task X, you need electricity to do it.

I'm sure that it is fun and enjoyable for you to think about how to purify water, access the internet, manufacture cars and planes, etc without electricity.

If one is trying to build a successful, legitimate business/society/etc, then at some point you'll need electricity.

Who knows, maybe you'll be able to convince some Nigerians abroad to return in Nigeria and pursue your 419 schemes.

naija being what it is - i have multiple responsibilities

one of these is 3d guy in my depth

the simple business of an overnight render means i have to run the generator through the night. now picture me as a small business, that would drive my costs right up - and that is just a personal example
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Ninilowo(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2012
English are workaholics with little time for pleasure except to watch soccer. their dinner parties are so brief and funny. You may be on you feet artying in the name of cocktail. eh? Imagine someone standing to parrty, tell me how would you have the chance to sit and consume?
Heavy taxes on workers is also there and they do not involve themselves on unnecessary wars in afghanistan, iran, iraq, vietnam,etc. there is no Osama bin whatever threatning them. all they do is work,work, and work.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:51am On May 27, 2012
My ancestors were farmers and hunters. Men who obtained clean drinking water in a manner much like this:

Perhaps my sister, upon graduating from her Ivy League university in 2016 will be interested in returning to this way of life that her ancestors left so many years ago grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

Unlike you, i do not pledge allegiance to any country, even though i possessed their passports not even Nigeria. My allegiance lies only to a region off the east banks of the Niger river

My allegiance is to God first and then My country , by which I mean the former Biafra grin

That being said, i speak from a non-biased point of view when i am evaluating these western countries. I am not here to pull you and your love of England down.

Hmmm, please let's not get emotional

I just wanna let you know that if you sincerely believe that England is a better country all-round than say USA, Germany, Switzerland, Finland and so on,you have zero experience on Europe and the Americas. One of the reasons i left England was due to the backwardness of the country. It is like they are stuck in time and do not wanna let go of the middle ages.

I have been to a number of countries in Europe and I say, ENGLAND forever !!!!

England backward grin - with one of the fastest broadband speeds in the world, we now have fibre optics directly going to people's houses with bandwidths in exces of 100mbs, something you will never experience even in Nigerian offices. Here again we beat the Americans hands down.

Infrastructure is also top class, not sure what you mean by the freely thrown around word called 'backward'.

Technologically, England is a mess. You would not be surprised to witness toilets with pull-down pumps in 2012 or water faucets you have to screw and unscrew to make the tap run.

Appears you were in the UK for a number of weeks grin

Your so called health system is a sham and laughable at best. Want to see what a free healthcare system looks like, try Norway or Germany and you would understand.

I have used it time and time again , it works. Free full blood test and yearly health check, free diagnosis, free treatment , only thing I pay for is cheap drugs at £7 per prescription irrespective. Of course my taxes makes this possible and I am proud of it.

England is good for Nigerians who are already indoctrinated in Nigeria about how posh ''jand'' is and who have zero experience about how far ahead other countries are in comparison to England but for people like me who know better, England still remains the refuse dump of western Europe.

For JJCs, this comment might make sense.

They must have done something really bad to you cheesy

I would give it to England though in terms of diversity

Good man

but for wealth, better social lives and system and tech. advancement, you people are still stuck in tome.

So why did you come here, lol. grin

And what about the recent power outages in the US, do you want evidence ??
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:52am On May 27, 2012
oyb:

naija being what it is - i have multiple responsibilities

one of these is 3d guy in my depth

the simple business of an overnight render means i have to run the generator through the night. now picture me as a small business, that would drive my costs right up - and that is just a personal example

Yep. We've got to face this electricity problem squarely. Stop trying to run away or hide from it, like Beaf is doing.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 27, 2012
coogar:

you must have lived in a cave while in england. ration electricity
in the united kingdom? of course we do.....we only get 6 hours
electricity everyday for the past 5 yrs. grin

You know what i mean. How many hours in a day do you let your light bulb burn without becoming hysterical about electricity bill? Don't you people stay in the dark at night and use the TV Set to illuminate the room. I have witnessed in brixton at a lady's house where you take shower with a bucket and a bowl. Such a mess.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:53am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

The bolded is the only sensible thing you've said all day. Your ideas are all onetrack and daft. We are in Nigeria not America, also Nigeria will never grow along the same lines as America. We are bloody different.

Run along with your stup!d ideas. Many people run very successful businesses selling water in bags. America is not Nigerias standard, Nigeria and her culture are our standard and thats how we're gonna build our beloved country. Not with stup!d ideas of purifying water with tonnes of electricity when unlike most of the US, the sun can do it for us almost free and is overhead for us 365 days a year (to a buffoon like you though, hours are the only thing that matter). What a clown with an arse for a brain. Don't you look silly now?
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

Beaf on the other hand is in 2012, and wants to go back to 1820.

you are being too kind to the dunce - e seems to think the world is one big village in the middle of nowhere cut off from electricity

all his business ideas are basically hick/rube exploitation of a captive market

trying to turn emergency/charity type solutions into money spinning ventures

the so called potable solar water cannot be stored overnight - so what happens if the kids are thirsty at night

the guy is just a disgrace
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by pufectskin: 9:54am On May 27, 2012
U r right on the money.
It is only someone who has
experienced living in both countries
dat would fully understand. Quote author=Bandit C.]

Unlike you, i do not pledge allegiance to any country, even though i possessed their passports not even Nigeria. My allegiance lies only to a region off the east banks of the Niger river.

That being said, i speak from a non-biased point of view when i am evaluating these western countries. I am not here to pull you and your love of England down. I just wanna let you know that if you sincerely believe that England is a better country all-round than say USA, Germany, Switzerland, Finland and so on,you have zero experience on Europe and the Americas. One of the reasons i left England was due to the backwardness of the country. It is like they are stuck in time and do not wanna let go of the middle ages.

I would give it to England though in terms of diversity but for wealth, better social lives and system and tech. advancement, you people are still stuck in time.

Don't you people still ration electricity in 2012? lol.[/quote]
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by ektbear: 9:57am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:
Not with stup!d ideas of purifying water with tonnes of electricity when unlike most of the US, the sun is overhead for us 365 days a year (to a buffoon like you though, hours are the only thing that matter). What a clown with an arse for a brain. Don't you look silly now?

1 day = 24 hours
1 year = 365 (or 366) days

Thus, it makes no difference whether one talks of hours of sunlight per year or days per year.

The point is....

Given that
a) solar is 3X or 4X as expensive as the competing energy sources
b) you effectively need 3X or 4X more hours of sun per year to match the competing fuel sources

It is simply physically/mathematically impossible for one to capture 3X or 4X more hours of sun per year than the US gets anywhere in Africa..
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

You know what i mean. How many hours in a day do you let your light bulb burn without becoming hysterical about electricity bill? Don't you people stay in the dark at night and use the TV Set to illuminate the room. I have witnessed in brixton at a lady's house where you take shower with a bucket and a bowl. Such a mess.

Okay , now I understand, you were last here in the 1950s, right ? grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by chmod777: 9:57am On May 27, 2012
What does the guy mean by development ?
I think he has only been to England or has never been to any EU nations or US
If development means infrastructure and technology availability for livelyhood , then England is close to Africa

When it comes to infrastructure in Europe, Please I rate as follows because I am here and go round always :
1 Germany, 2. Sweden 3. Switzerland 4. Finland then others.
I tot it was only me that feel the old systems in the UK seems appalling, but most of my friends do when they go there
Thank God i don't live there
[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 27, 2012
chmod777: What does the guy mean by development ?
I think he has only been to England or has never been to any EU nations or US
If development means infrastructure and technology availability for livelyhood , then England is close to Africa

When it comes to infrastructure in Europe, Please I rate as follows because I am here and go round always :
1 Germany, 2. Sweden 3. Switzerland 4. Finland then others.
I tot it was only me that feel the old systems in the UK seems appalling, but most of my friends do when they go there
Thank God i don't live there
[size=16pt][/size]

Well stay in Nigeria then, with no light and no water grin grin grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 9:59am On May 27, 2012
Ninilowo: English are workaholics with little time for pleasure except to watch soccer. their dinner parties are so brief and funny. You may be on you feet artying in the name of cocktail. eh? Imagine someone standing to parrty, tell me how would you have the chance to sit and consume?
Heavy taxes on workers is also there and they do not involve themselves on unnecessary wars in afghanistan, iran, iraq, vietnam,etc. there is no Osama bin whatever threatning them. all they do is work,work, and work.

the irony....
in england, people live to work.
in the states, people work to live.

the only country where the vast majority work 16-18 hours per day.
the average american has 3 jobs. that is illegal in the uk to start with.
i have tasted both sides of the coin and i am afraid, america is shyte!
america is a vacuum, hiding behind a thick layer of hollywood gloss that's
incredibly superficial.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 9:59am On May 27, 2012
oyb: http://www.labmanager.com/?articles.view/articleNo/7535/article/Michigan-Tech-Prof-Develops-New-Way-of-Purifying-Drinking-Water

in the book of beaf diahrrea is the only ailment you can get from water

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_water_disinfection

the above is beafs original quote - beaf sees provision of emergency water as an imaginative business venture - he is a true pdp montser even the villain in quantum of solace wasn't this callous

so whats your big plan - selling used ept water bottles?

Do you just pretend to be an id!ot, or are you for real? Long and short is you can purify water with solar energy, and even if your brain is in your arse, you can find ways to industrialise the process. But I'm forgetting that you are a mentally marooned lazy phuck. embarassed
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 27, 2012
coogar:

the irony....
in england, people live to work.
in the states, people work to live.

the only country where the vast majority work 16-18 hours per day.
the average american has 3 jobs. that is illegal in the uk to start with.
i have tasted both sides of the coin and i am afraid, america is shyte!
america is a vacuum, hiding behind a thick layer of hollywood gloss that's
incredibly superficial.

My brother, you seem to slam the hammer on the nail each time you make these factual comments.

America is a windbag, lots of air but no substance.
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 27, 2012
i wonder what beafs innovative water purification will do for dysentry, guinea worm , river blindness and cholera?

or does he think diarrhea is the only water borne ailment?

Cumulative solar energy (including the infrared radiation component) heats the water. If the water temperatures rises above 50°C, the disinfection process is three times faster.

welcome to beafs hot water stand

get your genuine pure hot water here only 50 degrees centigrade - guaranteed to take the edge off your thirst hot tepid and refreshing

Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Beaf: 10:02am On May 27, 2012
^
Boring.

ekt_bear:

1 day = 24 hours
1 year = 365 (or 366) days

Thus, it makes no difference whether one talks of hours of sunlight per year or days per year.

The point is....

Given that
a) solar is 3X or 4X as expensive as the competing energy sources
b) you effectively need 3X or 4X more hours of sun per year to match the competing fuel sources

It is simply physically/mathematically impossible for one to capture 3X or 4X more hours of sun per year than the US gets anywhere in Africa..

You are a fool indeed, and here you were talking about science. What a clod!
Go back to school and learn what the angle of the suns rays can do to insolation. Dude, please take your ignorance elsewhere, they really say there is "something" about Americans.

Entertainment! grin
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by coogar: 10:03am On May 27, 2012
Bandit C.:

that means she's poor....pure plain n simple.
using brixton as an example to judge the average brit is like
using the ghettos of south central la to judge an average american.

brixton is occupied by people in the lower rung of the ladder - poor people.
so get your facts right. the light bulb in my house is put to maximum use, so
is water. [pre][/pre]
Re: Why Is England More Developed And Stable Than America? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 27, 2012
frosbel:

Okay , now I understand, you were last here in the 1950s, right ? grin

Bro i just returned last from England at the end of April. I kid you not when i tell you that the incident with the bucket and bowl was in 2010. I was shocked to say the least.

Please if you can, broaden your perspective and fly to other countries around Europe. You need no Visas and the low cost flights like Airberlin and Ryan Air are giving out tickets almost for free.

Do it and you may start seeing the Island in a different light, trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia & UAE Leaders Rejects President Biden's Call Over Ukraine / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / COVID-19: Mike Masamvu Dies At 62, Leaves 12 Wives, 79 Children Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.