Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. - Entertainment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. (25212 Views)

Download Video Of Tiwa Savage Wedding (documentary) / Photo- Tiwa Savage Private Part Exposed While Perfoming On Stage / Tiwa Savage & Wizkid Are The New Pepsi Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 31, 2012
diesel86: Am not really a fan of d'bang neither am i a fan of don jazzy but truth be told i felt that Tiwa savage had more prospects being on her own than being tagged an artist under Donjazzy label.

We can all see from her previous songs that she has the potential of breaking into the global market on her own, than being indebted to anybody.
well said.. Buh i still like don jazzy though
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by warrior101: 8:47pm On May 31, 2012
mystikal: I even heard Queen Elizabeth singing the song at Buckingham. . . . . .

True! Today i was told the PMs house of lords played it with the queen present... Dbanj is sooo good
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by StaceyBanks(m): 8:50pm On May 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
You are a big fool. If you know how the music industry works you will know that consistency of music releases increases an artists fanbase ask lil wayne and co. But since dbanj lacks the talent, he is relying on a song that became popular cuz of the initial dancing competition. If he is even popular in the uk, why are uk artists not feat him yet on their songs? Miss me with you retarded brain
you are the fool because artists don't rush to drop songs in the U.S lyk they do in Nigeria. If u ask lil wayne and co they will all tell u they dont rush to drop songs.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by StaceyBanks(m): 9:03pm On May 31, 2012
Why is every body saying that D'banj ain't D'banj without Don Jazzy. And you think Wande Coal can't be Wande Coal without Don Jazzy? The truth is if D'banj drops another track now, it may sound wack, not because he is not a good musician but probably because he is used to 1 producer. If you think D'banj ain't good without Don Jazzy then why was he the biggest on Mo'hits? After all the same producer produced the other artists songs. And for those of you saying that he dumped Don Jazzy for Kanye West, please put yourselves in his shoes before judging him. Kanye West is also a producer like Don Jazzy but for God sake who will have Kanye West as a producer and yet he will be runing to Don Jazzy to produce his album? D'banj even tried because he still wanted to include Don Jazzy on his agenda but Don Jazzy was delaying his plans. The young man has to change his plans which is what you all would have done if you were in his shoes.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by sunkoye: 9:38pm On May 31, 2012
tiwa is just like another Tu-baba dat can go places on her own!
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by toyesebalogun: 9:57pm On May 31, 2012
follow on twitter @Adetoyese4 and visit www.toyese-balogun..com for latest news and *Top Gossip*
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by ebgbest(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2012
brabus:

And Plumstead is a Nigerian school. Dumb*ss
he was fomally a security there, so he wen 2 impress dos teen der. Dumb x2
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by airbender(m): 11:04pm On May 31, 2012
Seriously i would have curse the @op in french language,how did this dumb thread make it to the frontpage
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by cinzo: 5:56am On Jun 01, 2012
Oliver Twist was produced by Don jazzy now!!! So if the song is making waves it just goes to show that Don is a good producer!
I have heard the remix of Oliver Twist and its wack!
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by kramer: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2012
cinzo: Oliver Twist was produced by Don jazzy now!!! So if the song is making waves it just goes to show that Don is a good producer!
I have heard the remix of Oliver Twist and its wack!

Wasn't it the same Don Jazzy who made the remix?
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by nitrogen(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2012
djustice: I've never seen anyone make as obviously self destructive a move as the one made by Tiwa Savage in choosing to join Don Jazzy in his ill-thought out MAVIN records adventure. She was doing quite well, creatively speaking, on her own, and if she had any sense, she would have waited to let the dust settle before choosing who to go with between the obviously more business-savvy D'Banj and the more creative Don Jazzy.

Already an acknowledged song-writing talent, all she needed was to get a good platform to market herself as an act in her own right, INTERNATIONALLY. Of the entire MAVIN crew, she's the one most likely, based solely on her prodigious talent, to break the international market. Don Jazzy obviously doesn't have the balls to play global, and the rushed "Solar Plexus" album demonstrates how appalling he actually can be in the absence of the kind of exacting standards a badly under-rated D'Banj obviously brought to his game.

With D'Banj now having signed Davido, and having access to the excellent facilities of G.O.O.D. Music and Def Jam, it's not too late for Tiwa to cross over. I reckon the smart D'Banj will soon make a play for JJC (Abdul Bello), who's a SUPER TALENTED producer and international player too. If he could pull that off, the sky would be the limit for his Def Jam Africa label. JJC is already a big brand in Africa, having mentored artistes from all over the continent, including North Africa!!

Tiwa, Tiwa, Tiwa omo Savage!!! How many times did I call your name Retrace your steps from those clueless amateurs before they ruin your promising career for you o!! It's not too late. I promise!
Its too early to infer this.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by bernieamce: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
djustice: I've never seen anyone make as obviously self destructive a move as the one made by Tiwa Savage in choosing to join Don Jazzy in his ill-thought out MAVIN records adventure. She was doing quite well, creatively speaking, on her own, and if she had any sense, she would have waited to let the dust settle before choosing who to go with between the obviously more business-savvy D'Banj and the more creative Don Jazzy.

Already an acknowledged song-writing talent, all she needed was to get a good platform to market herself as an act in her own right, INTERNATIONALLY. Of the entire MAVIN crew, she's the one most likely, based solely on her prodigious talent, to break the international market. Don Jazzy obviously doesn't have the balls to play global, and the rushed "Solar Plexus" album demonstrates how appalling he actually can be in the absence of the kind of exacting standards a badly under-rated D'Banj obviously brought to his game.

With D'Banj now having signed Davido, and having access to the excellent facilities of G.O.O.D. Music and Def Jam, it's not too late for Tiwa to cross over. I reckon the smart D'Banj will soon make a play for JJC (Abdul Bello), who's a SUPER TALENTED producer and international player too. If he could pull that off, the sky would be the limit for his Def Jam Africa label. JJC is already a big brand in Africa, having mentored artistes from all over the continent, including North Africa!!

Tiwa, Tiwa, Tiwa omo Savage!!! How many times did I call your name Retrace your steps from those clueless amateurs before they ruin your promising career for you o!! It's not too late. I promise!
nmeeeeeh! Sure you didn't smell the massive album. I also know you are one of those people who call music moozik. Come see my producers giving kudo to the Don on solar plexus.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by bernieamce: 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
9jadelta:
well said.. Buh i still like don jazzy though
you Guys always see things from the outside. Do any of you know what Tiwa has been going through trying to do it her own? Don Jazzy is an adventage to her if you don't know!
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by bernieamce: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
Valto: u wrote and produced this OLIVER TWIST song u are blabbing about isnt it don jazzy?.... i awaits a song dat will be soley written and produced by dbang!.... Shikena!
habah! That's too much for the small boy now, i mean, he wouldn't even know how the kick should sound, where the snare should enter etc.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by dontap: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
Foolish poster lv ty savage alone.and to hell with dbanj
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2012

Jus wanderin why e be say na Nigerians livin abroad especially in racist Europe, why e be say na una carry dis tribalism for head. I just realised maybe d level of abuse u guys get from Dem oyibo una come tink say u go feel beta if una pour it out on tribe Wey una feel say u superior to. How u take superior wen be say na all of us dey suffer for here abi Dem do road say na only yoruba build rail say na only igbo? Wen oyibo come Dem kidnap every tribe grandpapa. If u really want to hate channel d hate to oyibo by buildin a stronger Nigeria and sticking it to dia white as2. Say no to tribalism. Dats My patmaine 2cent
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Jonzi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
cool mehn, pals am feeling cool with dis post, am a proud D'banj's fan..nd dn't 4get d@ its all step by step, we ain't rushing lyk MAVIN Records..so be Calm..Be relaxed...Feel at home pals cool cool mehn, pals am feeling cool with dis post, am a proud D'banj's fan..nd dn't 4get d@ its all step by step, we ain't rushing lyk MAVIN Records..so be Calm..Be relaxed...Feel at home pals
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by 123quincy: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
cheesy cool yeah is fantastic
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
ideylaff:

Bros... after Oliver Twist (which had Don Jazzy written allover it) what next....Thats the true test for Dbanj in my humble opinion
He can be on CNN or Aljazeera.... lets see what he has in stock for us.

Please don't put Dbanj on a coakroach horse oooo like the one Kanye West put Estelle on b4 she quietly returned home to retire in one corner of London

D@banj needs to step up his game.. Getting to Number 9 in the UK is not the issue... its keeping up that matters

I hope it's not ds Sarkodie collabo he has lined up to enter the Charts again oooo

I'm not a Dbanj or Don Jazzy hater.. but from experience in the industry, its Dbanj who needs to step up his game more or else he will just be another member of GOOD Music..sitting and waiting for something to happen

I mean this is May and he's still going around with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8G5kNwArM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ubM7UONFg

[img]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ubM7UONFg[/img]

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8G5kNwArM[/img]

Am an up_coming but I got what it takes to be the most celebrated artist in Africa or in the world http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Am the next superstar for now am still upcoming but the world will know me am doing my thing alone no label or management with out label or management I did this good song talk more of when I have label or management OK click to download http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by gentle007(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
djustice:
I've never seen anyone make as obviously self destructive a move as the one made by Tiwa Savage in choosing to join Don Jazzy in his ill-thought out MAVIN records adventure. She was doing quite well, creatively speaking, on her own, and if she had any sense, she would have waited to let the dust settle before choosing who to go with between the obviously more business-savvy D'Banj and the more creative Don Jazzy.

Bros abeg call result after three years. who made best moves?

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Izzy77(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmm! time is a great producer..

its 3year now....

1. Who and were is Tiwa Savage today ?
she is toady an award winner MEGA STAR with hit upon hit songs under Don jazz's Mavin Record Label

2. who calls who ? "The Boss" Dbanj calls Don Jazzy the Boss

3. who is dedicating award to who ? Dbanj dedicate award to Don Jazzy.

4. Who is useless to Good music ? Dbanj is useless to Good music whilst Don Jazzy is much needed and relevant to Good music also even to Jay z
and crew

4. who is not relevant to d music market anymore ?
Dbanj is d master of wack music and putting a whole lot of effort with good videos, but hey, d brother don expire
Don Jazzy is making hits after hits carrying its crew along d mega star permanent zone under one of the most Global anticipated record label. MAVINE

5. Who is the whole world advocating with pity for relevance in d music business ?
Dbanj.
the world is clamoring and Dbanj is prayerfully hoping for a re-union or collaboration with his formal partner Don Jazzy producing n making Dbanj relevant again.

6. who is bagging major award dis days between d former duo ? Don Jazzy

7. Who is d richest over time in 3 yeas now ?
Don Jazzy. by Forbes ranking

8. in all who is more featuristic with potential ?
Don Jazzy

Now who is the Oga and Leaner ? ? ?

I will leave that answer to you @ gentle00

Eat Excrete for breakfast
Eat Poo for lunch
Damn crunchy....
you should Eat Shit for dinner

hater and a loosed @ gentle007
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by gentle007(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Izzy77:
Hmmm! time is a great producer..

its 3year now....

1. Who and were is Tiwa Savage today ?
she is toady an award winner MEGA STAR with hit upon hit songs under Don jazz's Mavin Record Label

2. who calls who ? "The Boss" Dbanj calls Don Jazzy the Boss

3. who is dedicating award to who ? Dbanj dedicate award to Don Jazzy.

4. Who is useless to Good music ? Dbanj is useless to Good music whilst Don Jazzy is much needed and relevant to Good music also even to Jay z
and crew

4. who is not relevant to d music market anymore ?
Dbanj is d master of wack music and putting a whole lot of effort with good videos, but hey, d brother don expire
Don Jazzy is making hits after hits carrying its crew along d mega star permanent zone under one of the most Global anticipated record label. MAVINE

5. Who is the whole world advocating with pity for relevance in d music business ?
Dbanj.
the world is clamoring and Dbanj is prayerfully hoping for a re-union or collaboration with his formal partner Don Jazzy producing n making Dbanj relevant again.

6. who is bagging major award dis days between d former duo ? Don Jazzy

7. Who is d richest over time in 3 yeas now ?
Don Jazzy. by Forbes ranking

8. in all who is more featuristic with potential ?
Don Jazzy

Now who is the Oga and Leaner ? ? ?

I will leave that answer to you @ gentle00

Eat Excrete for breakfast
Eat Poo for lunch
Damn crunchy....
you should Eat Shit for dinner

hater and a loosed @ gentle007

O boy!!! See beef @Izzy77, we were supposed to be at the same side o.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Afam4eva(m): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2015
after 3 years, this thread just seems unfortunate.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by chibuike107: 6:10am On Dec 03, 2015
They have all sold there souls to the devil......u that is listening to there song u are also going to hell.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Sam432(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
you need a sugarmummy. Call agent Sam ,I can assist you in getting a sugarmummy of your choice there are so many Nigeria and out side Nigeria women who are desperate in getting a guy that we satisfy them. If you are interested contact me today on my mobile number via or call Mr Sam +2347067073362
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Daniel0sas(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2015
Married woman interrupts Olamide during an interview - What happens next will..., view full details at http://.net/75yy3o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Amazing Guinness World Records / Hairiest Girl In Nigeria 'queen Nonyerem' / Davido's Sold-out Concert At London's O2 Arena (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.