Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,676 members, 7,844,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

PHCN, Our Long Term Joke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN, Our Long Term Joke (539 Views)

PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies / PHCN Staff Protest Unpaid Salaries (Pics) / Study- The Long-term Effects Of Africa's Slave Trades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PHCN, Our Long Term Joke by dianah(f): 10:39am On May 28, 2012
I saw this in one of my BB groups, MileHigh Group (and No! its not what you are thinking) and it dawned on me that just like every other failed promises we have been getting , PHCN or NEPA has been a failed project for a very long time! We act like power generation is rocket science!Little wonder why we all think whoever gets us off this perpetual blackout in Nigeria will be a superhero. Obviously none of our leaders, past or present believes in superheroes, so why be something you dont even believe in?

It is amusing the way we keep creating future plans, never thinking the day will come when we have to give account for those promises we make, Our leaders do not even respect us enough to try, neither do they respect themselves enough to keep their own promises. Touche!

I recall a theme song for one of the "failed projects" when I was a kid:

Join us, come with us

We are on our way

Education for all, by the year 2000 ( They never thought 2000 would come that fast.lol)

What a joke! It is 2012 and our education is a joke, getting worse by the day, we create vision, 2012, 2012, 2015, 2020 and of course no one even believes any of those crappy visions, because nothing is ever put in place!
Back to PHCN, am I the only one who noticed that the bills have doubled and the power supply is less? Can someone please shut down PHCN the way NITEL has been shut down, so we can have private coporations who know what power generation is about do their job? because seriously, whenever I have the misfortune of going to PHCN, It becomes even ,more apparent that they have no clue what they are doing.

PHCN/NEPA has been a long term joke, and no one is laughing anymore, so I guess it is about time we called in a new act, what do you think

follow on twitter: @dianahsplace
Visit: www.dianahsplace.info

(1) (Reply)

The Potency Of Selflessness / Shendam Bridge Collapses, Cuts Off Southern Plateau / Police Shot 12 Year Old Boy To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.