Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 (9728 Views)

Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Frostyzone(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2012
Ilaje44:

I dont think you know about these things. And this is coming from an old man using windows phone 7. Android's got all them Swag to borrow unna small pikin spoke.
Was that supposed to be English?
You stopped making sense after ''windows phone 7'' SMH.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Tinyemeka(m): 5:06pm On May 29, 2012
cynthiasmart: What a nice phone. Andriod is still the best. People are just over-emphasized about Blackberry

Please don't let us get started on that again. If ignorance is bliss, let the BB users be.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 29, 2012
Frostyzone:
Dude, it's obvious from your tirade that you are one of the Samsung fanboys. Which is synonymous to been full of B.S!
Android's app can never compare with iphone's when it comes to that. And when I said ''limited apps'' I was talking about quality as well as numbers. I played PES 2012 yesterday on both platform, and bro sincerely speaking, iphone beat the c.rap out of Samsung(super pretender)
As for swype that you boast so much about, who cares?? If I could type fast enough with the virtual keyboard, why in the blue moon would I want to use swype mode anymore
Dude, Android has a great OS, don't get me wrong, but when stacked against iOS...it's hopeless.
About the iTunes, I'm okay with it. It may be slow, bulky and other what-nots but atleast it delivers. I don't have to surf the internet looking for a free mp3 site like you Android users do.
I'm not ignorant bro, I'm just saying it as I see it.

You still keep talking about "Samsung". Dude, I'm talking about Android. You do realize Samsung didn't make the android OS right? that would be Google.
I could care less about Samsung as I dislike them myself for trying so hard to copy the bland iPhone look-and-feel.
I dey rock my HTC EVO 3D and I'm loving that ANDROID phone.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Lol dude, I laugh when I read this. You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Limited apps? You realize it's the ANDROID were talking about right? And that all Samsung did is build the hardware right?
If you wanna diss Samsung diss Samsung, but when you start dissing the Google android then it's clear you're just talking out of ignorance.

Apps are based on independent developers making software for the app market. As I am one of the and have made apps for both, I can tell you that the iOS is extremely limited.
Whatever app existed in your iOS has an alternative that does the same thing and most likely better on the android. E.g You have no idea how much more convenient it is to just plugin my phone into my computer and get that PDF i had been working on all day without having to first email it to myself or some shit. If I didn't have wifi then nko?

Let me know when your iPhone starts supporting flash, or when they finally deliver y'all from the torment of having to type one darn letter at a time (instead of just using Swype or it's many neural-net keyboard alternatives available on te market), or in fact, let me know when your apple allows you to use your phone as a portable file storage, and when they finally let you put whatever music you want on the darn thing without that slow bulky iTunes nonsense.

Many other disabilities of the ios, but you get the gist...

U are so 2000 n behind - who needs wifi to transfer documents on ios anymore?
And besides, as far bac as 2008, my Xperia running windows mobile had d swipe keyboard installed - so what's d biggie in dat? N it doesn't make typing any faster.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 29, 2012
annoymous:

U are so 2000 n behind - who needs wifi to transfer documents on ios anymore?
And besides, as far bac as 2008, my Xperia running windows mobile had d swipe keyboard installed - so what's d biggie in dat? N it doesn't make typing any faster.

As to the swype or similar extensions) keyboarding, that is a matter of choice. If you like smashing your fingers on things to make a sentence, then thats fine you can do that too. Android provides developers with the avenue to GIVE users that choice.

As to your no-radio document transfer...you wan fuckup now. grin Oya abeg tell me how you go transfer your doc to your Pc if wifi no dey.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Tinyemeka(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2012
SimonAndal: And you're reporting this now? How long ago was the phone launched? Smh!

Pally what's your issue na? The phone was released only today. Get your details right. http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/240001091?cid=fbook-informationweek&wc=4
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Pakavy(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2012
pro01: One could make love to that thing. It's such a beauty. What a work of art.
realy?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by forkinsonlolo(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2012
i cant wait to get this phone. the s2 am using is amazing and i think until now its best phone ever in the world. pls dont compare it with iphone that u cant transfer anything to other phone other than an iphone
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by overkillR(f): 6:24pm On May 29, 2012
Looks like d smaller version of Galaxy note.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by moshoodn(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2012
coded777: How on earth does this s.hit pay my school fees at UNILAG?
Only an ignoramus would buy this! even if ya father na OBJ, are U done with exploring the ones still in the market, if not for egoistic fantasies. Mteeeeewww.
UNILAG? or you meant to say MAULAG. . .
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by moshoodn(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

As to the swype or similar extensions) keyboarding, that is a matter of choice. If you like smashing your fingers on things to make a sentence, then thats fine you can do that too. Android provides developers with the avenue to GIVE users that choice.

As to your no-radio document transfer...you wan fuckup now. grin Oya abeg tell me how you go transfer your doc to your Pc if wifi no dey.
I bet the next thing he will tell you is CLOUD.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 29, 2012
moshoodn: I bet the next thing he will tell you is CLOUD.

LOL cheesy
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Last tym I used wifi for pc - phone transfer was in 2010. ITunes does d transfer seamlessly for all apps dat require transfer of documents btw pc n phone now.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 29, 2012
moshoodn: I bet the next thing he will tell you is CLOUD.

Guy, how far now?grin Dats anoda first from apple u know?
Truth z I av no beef with android but when I see misconceptions about d iPhone, I just take it upon myself to correct them- for me, it's jus like being socially responsible and giving back. The iOS has helped me a whole lot and doing this is like the least I could do.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 29, 2012
Again with the blasted iTunes cheesy
SMH. All I will leave you with is this: Don't hate on the Android unless you've ACTUALLY used it. Not just going by what Steve Jobs or some Apple spokesman has told you.
And for those who have had the pleasure of using Android v4.0 (Ice cream sandwich), there is no logical way they can go back to the iOS stone age.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 29, 2012
2buff: Again with the blasted iTunes cheesy
SMH. All I will leave you with is this: Don't hate on the Android unless you've ACTUALLY used it. Not just going by what Steve Jobs or some Apple spokesman has told you.
And for those who have had the pleasure of using Android v4.0 (Ice cream sandwich), there is no logical way they can go back to the iOS stone age.
I'll just ask you to do me a favour n read all my posts here on dis thread or any oda thread for that matter n tell me just one place I criticised or yabbed d android os. I don't believe in mindless arguments. To each, his/her own. But to say that the iOS belongs to the stone age is pushing it especially coming from an android user n reeks of beef.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 29, 2012
We will know more when google finally releases its own messenger community like bbm and Im. Its gonna be pretty fun and ..... Concerning ios not supporting flash, HTML 5 will do just fine and better. Both are the best. Period
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Lol dude, I laugh when I read this. You don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Limited apps? You realize it's the ANDROID were talking about right? And that all Samsung did is build the hardware right?
If you wanna diss Samsung diss Samsung, but when you start dissing the Google android then it's clear you're just talking out of ignorance.

Apps are based on independent developers making software for the app market. As I am one of the and have made apps for both, I can tell you that the iOS is extremely limited.
Whatever app existed in your iOS has an alternative that does the same thing and most likely better on the android. E.g You have no idea how much more convenient it is to just plugin my phone into my computer and get that PDF i had been working on all day without having to first email it to myself or some shit. If I didn't have wifi then nko?

Let me know when your iPhone starts supporting flash, or when they finally deliver y'all from the torment of having to type one darn letter at a time (instead of just using Swype or it's many neural-net keyboard alternatives available on te market), or in fact, let me know when your apple allows you to use your phone as a portable file storage, and when they finally let you put whatever music you want on the darn thing without that slow bulky iTunes nonsense.

Many other disabilities of the ios, but you get the gist...

I'm an all rounder in tech market,I sell lots of phns and I'm affirmative about this!....ios is shit!
And using it 9ja makes d shit smell even more!
The only time I used an iphone was in 2010 (3gs) and I cud only manage to use it for 2months cos I was in uk,as soon as I came bck I threw it on n.l for it to be purchased immediately.
Android beats the ios hands down!!
What's in that ios they even brag abt
Well done for this post!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 29, 2012
ollah1: We will know more when google finally releases its own messenger community like bbm and Im. Its gonna be pretty fun and ..... Concerning ios not supporting flash, HTML 5 will do just fine and better. Both are the best. Period
Until you have to watch video streamed live on your ios from an RTMP streaming server and realize you can't. And then you look beside you and see all your Android having friends are enjoying it.
And then you look down at your IOS in sheer dissapointment, shaking your head. sad

Come to think of it, that would make an awesome commercial. grin

Plus you talk about it like as if the Android also doesn't have [if not better] support for HTML5 on top of it's flash. tongue
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 29, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

I'm an all rounder in tech market,I sell lots of phns and I'm affirmative about this!....ios is shit!
And using it 9ja makes d shit smell even more!
The only time I used an iphone was in 2010 (3gs) and I cud only manage to use it for 2months cos I was in uk,as soon as I came bck I threw it on n.l for it to be purchased immediately.
Android beats the ios hands down!!
What's in that ios they even brag abt
Well done for this post!

Lols. U are an all rounder in the tech market Duh
iOS z poo
Aiyt - this thread z fast becoming an iOS hate thread. It's meant to be about your very own android na - shdnt u be talking bout d exciting new features Samsung has come up with in this one? Why talking bout the 'poo' iOS
I'm off.
Sent from my iPhone.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 29, 2012
annoymous:

Lols. U are an all rounder in the tech market Duh
iOS z poo
Aiyt - this thread z fast becoming an iOS hate thread. It's meant to be about your very own android na - shdnt u be talking bout d exciting new features Samsung has come up with in this one? Why talking bout the 'poo' iOS
I'm off.
[size=18pt]Sent from my iPhone.[/size]

Bros, did you have to manually type that in? cheesy
Seemed like a lot of stress pushing all those keys especially as you couldn't just swype it in. grin
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Bros, did you have to manually type that in? cheesy
Seemed like a lot of stress pushing all those keys especially as you couldn't just swype it in. grin

Hmmmm
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 29, 2012
annoymous:

It's spelt swipe grin

I know what I wrote nigga cheesy
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

I know what I wrote nigga cheesy

Well, true... But not entirely.
What's all dis biggie about swype n all?
Jus installed it on my iPhone joor - duh.
Ported already so kini big deal tongue

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 29, 2012
annoymous:

Well, true... But not entirely.
What's all dis biggie about swype n all?
Jus installed it on my iPhone joor - duh.
Ported already so kini big deal

What's that?
You had to hack your iphone and void it's warranty just to be able to use something as [b]basic [/b]as a swype keyboard? cheesy
Oh my. grin

Being a 4th party app and at version 0.1.0 grin, I KNOW it won't work well...if it works at all tongue
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex: Wow!!

But iPhone5 is the phone to beat...

I can't even keep up with these new phones coming out every month... cheesy

iphone5 is yet to hit stores.it's not yet out.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

What's that?
You had to hack your iphone and void it's warranty just to be able to use something as [b]basic [/b]as a swype keyboard? cheesy
Oh my. grin

Being a 4th party app and at version 0.1.0 grin, I KNOW it won't work well...if it works at all tongue

Issokay. Mo ti gbo. #faitaccompli
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 29, 2012
annoymous:

Issokay. Mo ti gbo. #faitaccompli

Make I send you one Solid Galaxy Nexus mae you flex? tongue
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2012
2buff:

Make I send you one Solid Galaxy Nexus mae you flex? tongue

Badt guy. Lol. I'm not so rigid bout the iPhone. After all, I'm not a shareholder in apple. Maybe someday in d future I myt try an android but for now ios z d world to me and z serving my purpose nicely. I couldnt trade my idevices(iPhone4 n d good ol' original iPad) for the whole world presently.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Nobody: 1:00am On May 30, 2012
All o'y'all talking bout ios and android....70% os smartfone users in 9ja can't be wrong...Go get a Blackberry,it fits 9ja terrain...when we prolly have wifi coverage in 9ja then we'll talk bout all other OS for me its a BB fone
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by ndahbros1: 7:20am On May 30, 2012
coded777: How on earth does this s.hit pay my school fees at UNILAG?
Only an ignoramus would buy this! even if ya father na OBJ, are U done with exploring the ones still in the market, if not for egoistic fantasies. Mteeeeewww.

The fone is not for little schoolboys like u whom mummy still needs to give pocket money. Stick with the Nokia X-2 aunty Jane's husband bought u as matric gift, for now. In a few year's time, u will be able to contribute meaningfully to discussions like this, ok? Now, off wit ur books!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 by Murphy7h4: 7:59am On May 30, 2012
It's very beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unlock Your Nokia Bb5 Phone Here For Free / How To Root Tecno D3 & Install Bbm / Infinix Flies Afcon Promo Winners To Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.