Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation (10967 Views)

Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail / APC Slams Fayose For N250m Dubai Trip / Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 8:20am On May 29, 2012
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday dragged News of the People, a soft sell weekly magazine before a Benin High Court, asking for N250m as damages, for alleged libel.

Oshiomhole, in suit No B/556/2011, against Dockland Communications Limited, publishers of News of the People magazine, alleged that the content of a material published by the magazine in 2011, on the front page and page 19, with the headline, ‘Oshiomhole’s sex power exposed: Impregnates young girl six months after death of wife’, libeled his person.

He further alleged that the defendant, among other things falsely wrote that he bought the said girl a jeep, that he was interfering in the academic activities of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, on behalf of the girl, that he used sexual performance enhancement drugs and that he had performed traditional marriage rites precedent to marriage between him and the said girl.

Oshiomhole, whose suit is before Justice (Mrs.) Efe Ikponmwonba, alleged that the said edition containing the libellous piece was widely circulated, to coincide with preparations for one of his daughter’s wedding.

Asked by his lead counsel K.O. Igiebor why he was demanding damages, the governor, who testified as Principal Witness 1, said the publication caused him and his children psychological trauma, six months after the death of his wife.

He said, “When I called a brother governor to sponsor my daughter’s wedding, the governor said he was confused, and asked me if I was the one doing the marriage or my daughter.

“He added that he was reading a magazine which said that I was about getting married to a university student, and that the said wife-to-be was already pregnant.
http://www.punchng.com/news/oshiomhole-sues-magazine-for-n250m-over-sex-allegation/

the pdp monkeys are everywhere - that is the only thing they can attempt to do well, slander of their opponents

quite a contingent of them on nl too
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by k10: 3:20pm On May 29, 2012
You mean these guys can sue, but cant be sued while in power ? not fair !!!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 29, 2012
No smoke without a fire.
Oshiomhole too dey f.uc.k
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by ozoebuka1(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2012
Maybe dat will sound as a note of warning to those who have been posting a fallacious news just to draw attention!
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by cesil92: 3:27pm On May 29, 2012
Calling on a brother govenor to sponsor" I think Oshimole is well to do enough to sponsor
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 29, 2012
ziddy: No smoke without a fire.

lol! Imagine Oshos undergoing psychological trauma!! Chei!
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Ekans: 4:36pm On May 29, 2012
The question is OSHO DID YOU DO IT?,be truthful now ok.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by asudan: 4:49pm On May 29, 2012
If it is proven that he didn't do,d guy go hammer dia.This should serve as a lesson to other media house that take person for granted.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 29, 2012
Hahahaha i dan get case to cite for my torts exam nxt month....
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 29, 2012
oshioms my guy! u too much! u for let ur wifey rest in peace before u climb another woman na! hmmm! cooloshioms my guy! u too much! u for let ur wifey rest in peace before u climb another woman na! hmmm!
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by ebamma(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2012
even them sell the whole assets of that magazine it won't be upto that amount,abi oshiomole wan use dey money do him re-election campaign
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Tabs2B(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2012
Osho u 2 like woman naim make...
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by adonisgold: 5:47pm On May 29, 2012
k10: You mean these guys can sue, but cant be sued while in power ? not fair !!!

The can sue and be sued in civil matters
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Tinyemeka(m): 6:01pm On May 29, 2012
k10: You mean these guys can sue, but cant be sued while in power ? not fair !!!

I was also asking the same question. Proponents of the immunity clause claim that the immunity shields them from having to go through time-wasting court cases and would save tax-payers monies that would have been spent on legal fees. Now isn't the Attorney-general (a government employee) supposed to represent the govt in court cases? So how does the said legal fees arise? And then a party cannot just bring the government to court if not for the reason that govt must have aggrieved said party? Does it now mean that a governor or the president can cause harm to another entity and go away with it? The governor or president can sue but cannot be sued? Common sense shows that that is morally and fundamentally wrong. That immunity clause in our constitution is a curse and as long as it is there, it serves as a constant reminder to people in power that they can do anything and get away with it. It fosters corruption.

Honestly corruption is an institution in Nigeria.

Sorry for speaking off topic.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Tinyemeka(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2012
adonisgold:

The can sue and be sued in civil matters

What do you mean by "civil matters"? Does it mean "they" cannot be held liable for a criminal act? Like Odi and Zaki-Biam massacre?

I know one can sue the state or federal government, but you can't sue the person of the state Governor or President right? Even if that person is actually implicated in a tortious act?
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by aphamefuna(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2012
ziddy: No smoke without a fire.
......................has he Bleep uя pple b4?
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 29, 2012
finguy: Check this out. Evidence in court. Lol

lol... This is handiwork of photo shop.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by kholis(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2012
oshomole, dem don catch u this time. Court action will further expose ur f.cking spree. Better back down now o.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by azimibraun: 9:52pm On May 29, 2012
Libelious and slanderous. 2 fake is d cocksucking. My dick bin wan rise sha cos dt chick aint so bad maaaan.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by finguy(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2012
C_Collins:

lol... This is handiwork of photo shop.
Photowetin? Guy look well. This na real life action. More pix will be provided in court. Lol
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by GAR3TH(m): 10:08pm On May 29, 2012
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by GAR3TH(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by KingsleyCEO: 11:22pm On May 29, 2012
This is truly injustice on part of our constitution. Infact there should be immediate amendment. So they could be sued.
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by PLENTYNAIR(m): 4:57am On May 30, 2012
Good for them. when u publish rubish without proper invistigation just to sell ur papers, one day u must vomit da money. bom bom clat grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Rollynso: 7:08am On May 30, 2012
I tink u guys hav seen dat its a mere computer work? D pple's governor cannot be dat bad
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by terfcha: 7:44am On May 30, 2012
That picture is fake. If you see the real picture the T shirt had a neck stock while the fake one is neck less
Re: Oshiomhole Sues Magazine For N250m Over Sex Allegation by Korrection(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2012
berem: oshioms my guy! u too much! u for let ur wifey rest in peace before u climb another woman na! hmmm! cooloshioms my guy! u too much! u for let ur wifey rest in peace before u climb another woman na! hmmm!

did you read the story?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daniel Reyenieju: Jibrin Is Right, 2016 Budget Was Padded / Believe It Or Not, Atiku Will Be The President-elect / Buhari Attends Malabo Gas Summit Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.