Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,897 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? (11177 Views)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by tpia5: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2012
bright007:
Oh!beautiful story.
Pls on what foothold did he hang d chain?
Also where is d chain now?

chains signify slavery ie the chains used to bind the slaves.

therefore, the foothold would be one of the states supplying the slaves, or else the areas manufacturing the chains.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by tpia1: 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
In addition, which country in africa, is most like nigeria in terms of mindset?

I should think congo, no other place comes to mind.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by odumchi: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2012
tpia1: In addition, which country in africa, is most like nigeria in terms of mindset?

I should think congo, no other place comes to mind.

I'd say Ghana.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by tpia1: 3:50am On Dec 12, 2012
quite wrong.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by 1bunne4lif(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Stop that!

Never heard of it before i came on nL. where are you ppl hearing this fairy tales from? We're not like the Igbos who want to claim white heritage abeg. We know who we are, we know our history and we're hopeful of our future. Yorubas in Benin, Togo and Nigeria were here loooooooooooong before this cesspits called Nigeria was even dreamed about.
must you mention igbo? Tribalist!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2013
odumchi: Personally, I don't believe in any of these Egyptian/Ethiopian/Hebrew ancestry theories. Nok seems more probable.
Hey,stop associating yoruba with Nok civilization.U guys have noting to do with tha.Nok totally a northern civilization.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Fulaman198(m): 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish:
Hey,stop associating yoruba with Nok civilization.U guys have noting to do with tha.Nok totally a northern civilization.

We don't know this

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish:

LOL! Nok was not a Northern Nigerian culture but a central one...

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by PeterKbaba: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Stop what? My comments doesn't say I accept it. I am just informing you about the dissemination of a false origin of the Yorubas taught in schools.

Okay...what is the Yoruba view of their cosmogony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkhZZP3HfQ
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
THe Nok CUlture has been associated with the Yoruba one apart from territorial proximity, due to the similarities of their terracota sculptures with Yoruba carvings, etc. And it was the Yorubas who first discovered Nok civilization idols and used it for their worship, not so very long ago.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by macof(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
odumchi: Personally, I don't believe in any of these Egyptian/Ethiopian/Hebrew ancestry theories. Nok seems more probable.
yes the nok is more probable because their culture has great similarities with present ile-ife, but have u thought maybe the nok people migrated from ile-ife. and if thats the case its best to say yoruba expanded from ile-ife, up till the nok areas(present Abuja, plateau, and kaduna territories) before being pushed southwards by always violent islamic missionaries.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by macof(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

amor4ce are you trying to give me a lessson about my own religion i have spent my entire life studying Paganism. all Pagan religions have an underlying similar concept. for example, they have a God of Creation (The Supreme Divinity/Force) A God of Destructive Forces, A God of Fertility and life-forms, etc. .

Olodumare and Zeus might have different names and diffferent backgrounds, but they represent the same Spiritual Force. Both are Supreme Gods and Forces of Creation.

and the Khazars never invaded Africa.

Nimrod and Cush are mythis and probably never existed. The Philistines are not from Egypt (i think its time you people stop connecting everything with Egypt, like thats the only civilisation on Earth). THe Phillistines are from the are areound Turkey, namely the Aegean Region. They are Indo-Europeans.

wait a minute! zeus a force of creation? as in he was a creator god in greek myth?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
macof:

wait a minute! zeus a force of creation? as in he was a creator god in greek myth?

Dont take my word on it. I'm not sure exactly. it seems Lord Zeus was later supplanted as a form of Supreme God later on. Though Zeus was not a Primordial deity, Zeus did give origin to other forces.

Its very complex. Zeus might also be a Gods similar to the Indo-Persian Indra.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by macof(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Dont take my word on it. I'm not sure exactly. it seems Lord Zeus was later supplanted as a form of Supreme God later on. Though Zeus was not a Primordial deity, Zeus did give origin to other forces.

Its very complex. Zeus might also be a Gods similar to the Indo-Persian Indra.

In my knowledge of greek mythology; Gaia(represents earth) was the first being and from her Uranus(sky) was formed; the two are the only creator beings I know in greek mythology as their energies created the titans, and the titans give birth to the 1st generation of greek gods like zeus,hades,poseidon etc. the only thing zeus created was lightening and fathered many other gods
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
macof:

In my knowledge of greek mythology; Gaia(represents earth) was the first being and from her Uranus(sky) was formed; the two are the only creator beings I know in greek mythology as their energies created the titans, and the titans give birth to the 1st generation of greek gods like zeus,hades,poseidon etc. the only thing zeus created was lightening and fathered many other gods/forces

Yes exactly. So Its a bit confusing. More research needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by macof(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Yes exactly. So Its a bit confusing. More research needs to be done.
Indeed more research is needed like when in all this creation were humans created?
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
macof:
Indeed more research is needed like when in all this creation were humans created?

oh about that. It has nothing to do with Spirituality, except on Spiritual terms. The Creator Force or as-in the primordial Forces will be responsible for all acts of Creation. It is not a question of when.
Humans underwent a gradual evolution.

Yes a lot of work needs to be done. I find the explanations of the bible and quran, which are to be taken literally, as very silly and childish to explain such complex matters.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by itstpia99: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
these Pagan legends usually have a hidden meaning. they say something and mean something else. .

true.

btw, do you speak Hausa? You always communicate in English.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by tpiah01: 2:22am On Mar 03, 2015
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by itstpia8: 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
itstpia99:

true.

btw, do you speak Hausa? You always communicate in English.

He can't because he is NOT Hausa.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
I was recently scrolling through some hausa songs on youtube as part of my efforts to force myself to start liking hausa songs, while also enjoying the appreciation of foreigners of hausa culture, all part of my efforts to reduce western influence on my life style and i came across this presumably sudanese hausa youtuber and what he said cracked me up for a few minutes.

"My Hausa peopoe are one of most confusing ethnic groups:
Their color is subsaharan african
Their language family is chadic Afroasiatic..
Their YDNA are R1b (40%) A 15% B 15% E20% approximately..
Their culture and poet allows easy similarity with Bollywood cinema.
At last they concenterate in central historical sudanian region.. what in the earh brought R1b to this place chad region (what mix euratian yDNA, Afrosiatic language and subsaharan features)??!!!!!!
Their relgion has overwelming majority of Islam
Their mtDNA shows 75% of African Ls L1 L2 L3 together with minority of 25% of (J S V k) apprx eurasian."

but that aside, its really sad that we cant seem to trace our origins and remain blind about our past. hopefully a true and honest extensive research can shed further light on these issues.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Amujale(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
Firstly, Africa exist in ethnicities and not tribes.

Secondly, i suppose we are asking the wrong question.

As in, the real question is which nations that spawned from Nigeria can we succesfully trace.?

Furthermore, it is common knowledge to the outside world that all humans originate from Africa.

Therefore, lets concentrate our focus on what nations outside of Nigeria can we definatively trace back to our domain.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Amujale(m): 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
Theres a huge amount of effort aimed at tracing our heritage from places outside of our continent.

Perhaps once we take hold of thes type of research and flip them we might be making a good start.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Amujale(m): 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2020
For instance, there's no doubt in my mind that Nigerians as well as other West Africans helped found Ancient Egypt, The Americas, The Carribean, Europe and Asia.

There's a good starting point for us all to explore.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Amujale(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
Fulaman198:

We don't know this

Investigative journalism.

At this point, no concept is out of bound.

Present your theories and its the responsibility of the collective to make sense out of them.

Its important to note that our history hasnt gone anywhere, most of which is probably staring at us in plain sight.

We must take of the goggles of Eurocentrism and Arabanisation and put in the work my brothers and sisters.
Re: Which Tribe In Nigeria Is "Actually" From Nigeria??? by Amujale(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2020
In a way, a huge responsibility has been bestowed upon us.

What is that huge responsibility did i hear you ask?

The responsibility of connecting the dots of our history as well as those of our beloved diaspora.

In the words of Dr Henrik Clarke and i quote:

Every single thing that touches our life, religious, socially and politically, must be an instrument of our liberation or we must throw it into the ashcan of history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Poem-ijala / Why Cant Nigerian Beaches Be Like This? Like Caribbean Beaches / Do You Remove Your Shoes When Entering Someone Else's House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.