Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Launching .exe And .bat Files From A Web Page. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Launching .exe And .bat Files From A Web Page. (1340 Views)

How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / Live Telecast On My Web Page / Website / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Launching .exe And .bat Files From A Web Page. by tomX1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2007
I used to create HTML pages, using Namo 5.0 web design suite, that could launch executable files and .bat file. Recently I tried running one of my past jobs, an interactive CD I made some years ago and the links to launch the .exe and.bat files would not work on my version of internet explorer (version 6.0) but it still works well on version 5.0.
Does any one know a good way of going about this with either javascript or vbscript so that it will operate across all browser types and version?
Re: Launching .exe And .bat Files From A Web Page. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 15, 2007
I realize what you are trying todo. I ran into this problem earlier too some time back. The solution i came to was to design my own browser, a lighter version of internet explorer using visual basic and later visual c++, i was able to come up with some tricks of using javascript within the browser to execute some specific commands such as launching an application from the html page now running in my browser.
I am familiar with batch files as well:

** [dhtmlonline.bat] **
** @echo off **
** explorer www.dhtmlonline.com **

That batch file should lauch my site. There is a shell command you can use within jscript/vbscript to launch an external application, but in higher versions of internet explorer, that function has been removed for security sake.
Otherwise, web pages with simple html can just be launching viruses and programs, though it is still possible but with some advanced coding, the kind that takes some years/several years to develop.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know How To Use Wapego.com? / Can I Use One Bank Details To Withdraw From Two Different Adsense Account / Advertise To 20,000 Active Whatsapp Numbers Of Business Owners For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.