Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement (6186 Views)

Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal / Igbo Deportees: Court Dismisses Suit Against Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by femoint007(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2012
Abuja federal high court today dismisses a suit against the reinstatement of the suspended president of the court of appeal,justice isa ayo salami for lack of merit,justice abdul kafarati said it appeared that the plaintiff who is a lawyer noah ajare had no work to do for coming to court,ajare had sued N.J.C and the judicial stakeholders review committee chaired by former chief justice of nigeria,c.j.n. Mohammed uwais,he was aggrieved over the recomendation of the uwais committee to the chief of nigeria,c.j.n.dahiru musdapher to reinstatement justice salami
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by OAM4J: 6:04pm On May 30, 2012
Nigeria Newsdesk ‏@NigeriaNewsdesk

An Abuja Federal High Court on Wednesday dismissed a suit against the reinstatement of Justice Isa Ayo Salami for lack of merit.

https://twitter.com/NigeriaNewsdesk/status/207863731965800448
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by Shuen: 6:19pm On May 30, 2012
Over to you,GEJ and . . .
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by seanet02: 6:21pm On May 30, 2012
Bloody pdp lawyers. God bless Justice Ayo Isa Salami, the honest judge and icon of truth.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by femoint007(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2012
@seanet,u're right man,pdp n gej crew are afraid of the welcome back of our honest justice isa ayo salami.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by floriana(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2012
Am sure they will appeal to keep the fire of this madness burning. I love the way justice Abdul Kafarati put it: the lawyer is jobless.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by ziccoit: 7:03pm On May 30, 2012
Thank God I am alive to see how GEJ is direct opposite of what he was claimed to be during the electioneering campaign.

Slow achiever= quick destroyer

Fresh air= poisonous air

Divergence from PDP= PDP to the core

Gentle = actually stupid and brash

Goodluck="badest" luck in history

Educated so better= may be educated but lack the values.

The best= worst

No shoe so humble= python
Etc.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by ifihearam: 7:09pm On May 30, 2012
Sometimes I wonder how some of you think...now that the judge has strike out the case,can salami be reinstated without the consent of the president

I wonder why u bring the president to everything
The fate of salami lies solely in the hands of the president and not even NJC can undo it.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by BabaEleko(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2012
ziccoit: Thank God I am alive to see how GEJ is direct opposite of what he was claimed to be during the electioneering campaign.

Slow achiever= quick destroyer

Fresh air= poisonous air

Divergence from PDP= PDP to the core

Gentle = actually stupid and brash

Goodluck= badest luck in history

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. . . . . .Thanks for makign me day. grin grin grin

Educated so better= may be educated but lack the values.

The best= worst

No shoe so humble= python
Etc.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by ziccoit: 7:22pm On May 30, 2012
ifihearam: Sometimes I wonder how some of you think...now that the judge has strike out the case,can salami be reinstated without the consent of the president

The fate of salami lies solely in the hands of the president and not even NJC can undo it.

With this comment above, you are still wondering how Mr President name feature in this discussion? Many Jona abound in this country. God save my country.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by CyberG: 7:28pm On May 30, 2012
ifihearam: Sometimes I wonder how some of you think...now that the judge has strike out the case,can salami be reinstated without the consent of the president

It's obvious you are uneducated cretin like Jonadumb! So, he is not bound by the law of the land, backed by the constitution he pretended to have sworn to? Well, he doesn't have to sign it really and then he will be up for impeachment for violating the constitution. In a sane country, he will be readily removed and a new president who will obey the constitution will do the right thing! Funny that Nigerians want to elect bastards as leaders and then run to America where they uphold their laws whether you are the weakest, poorest, strongest or richest it doesn't matter - for the most part!
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by sesanrota(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2012
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color][/size][size=8pt][/b][b][size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
ziccoit:

With this comment above, you are still wondering how Mr President name feature in this discussion? Many Jona abound in this country. God save my country.

Mr Adoke, who recalled that the NJC had in last year August, forwarded a letter to President Goodluck Jonathan suspending Justice Salami at same time recommending his retirement, said that the Federal Government immediately approved his suspension and put on hold the issue of retirement since the suspended judge took the matter to court.

He said the President could however not act on the resolution to recall the suspended judge because a court process on the matter was also served on the government the same day the NJC sent the letter to reinstate him.

“As it is today, the matter is subjudice,” the Justice Minister said.

“The matter is in court and no responsible government will try to overreach the court.”
“This government will do the right thing as soon as the judiciary puts its acts together.”

What else do you want if not witch hunting.......
GEJ should better reinstate the man as he has proven beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by femmy2010(m): 7:52pm On May 30, 2012
They were fast to remove but slow to reinstate the man.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by deprince0(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2012

Plz, point of correction. The presidency has no power to sack or reinstate a justice. The judiciary is not part of the executive but an arm of govt which comprises of the executive, judiciary and legislative. They are all independent bodies. All needed to be done is for the NJC to write a letter of reinstatement and Jonathan can't even kill a fly unless corruption.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by moderattor: 8:17pm On May 30, 2012
lol
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by Amaechi1985: 8:33pm On May 30, 2012
Judiciary shame on u people, u are de root of corruption in naija.de salami njc called bad is now good after did and done.when will njc cease to deceive naija.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by sonyjacobs(m): 9:13pm On May 30, 2012
Segun Oni(ex gov.ekiti state) and Onyinola Olagusoyen (ex gov osun state) are presently occupying key position in PDP (deputy national chairman south west and nat.publicity sec. respectively) and both of them were victim of salami"s verdict at court of appeal(sacking of the governors) and declare ACN winners of the state gubernatorial election. Oni and onyinola might be on a verdentta mission(might have a hand in salami"s misfortune). just my personal opinion.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by lacasa: 9:20pm On May 30, 2012
God bless †ђªt judge
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by Chinedudele(m): 9:27pm On May 30, 2012
Who told you that the president has no right to sack or reinstate a judge. Mr man his assent will sack or re instate a judge.
deprince0:
Plz, point of correction. The presidency has no power to sack or reinstate a justice. The judiciary is not part of the executive but an arm of govt which comprises of the executive, judiciary and legislative. They are all independent bodies. All needed to be done is for the NJC to write a letter of reinstatement and Jonathan can't even kill a fly unless corruption.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by gtechnology: 10:04pm On May 30, 2012
It's bad as a nation our judiciary lack justice,i think Mr president is unfair to salami remover pls make adament b4 it too late.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by ifihearam: 10:20pm On May 30, 2012
You said there is separation of powers which I agree
But was it not thesame NJC who removed salami from office?
Was the president there when he was suspended?
Why still roping the president for his reinstatement??

You guys shld pls give the president a break abeg
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by bakila: 10:29pm On May 30, 2012

Its sad the some people think that when one is in power he should do as he pleases. Please study what is democracy.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by teskyg: 10:34pm On May 30, 2012
Criminal Salami?Huh?
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by sanusimuslim: 10:46pm On May 30, 2012
We shouldn't mind lawyer noah it was sponsored by Mr Gej and PDP party they just want work over the intelligent of the court. Kudos to the judge but the judge should have withdraw his certificate and send him to the prison. Because, how managed for him to became a lawyer? How does him pass is law school and was calling to bar? NJC self na waa for you the former CJN done talk then what are you looking for again or are fearing mr Gej or pdp?
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by sanusimuslim: 10:48pm On May 30, 2012
We shouldn't mind lawyer noah it was sponsored by Mr Gej and PDP party they just want work over the intelligent of the court. Kudos to the judge but the judge should have withdraw his certificate and send him to the prison. Because, how managed for him to became a lawyer? How does him pass is law school and was calling to bar? Mr Gej and PDP we are still waiting for another channel because this one as been failed. NJC self na waa for you the former CJN done talk then what are you looking for again or are fearing mr Gej or pdp?
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On May 30, 2012
Now what would Retardeen do
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by slimming: 11:45pm On May 30, 2012
Someone should the plaintiff to get job ooo
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by Nobody: 12:20am On May 31, 2012
Once the NJC writes forwards a letter to the president asking his suspension to be lifted, the president will immediately accede to that. Till then, leave GEJ out of a purely judicial power-tussle.
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by edicolove: 12:25am On May 31, 2012
seanet02: Bloody pdp lawyers. God bless Justice Ayo Isa Salami, the honest judge and icon of truth.

Honest judge? Is that a joke? The same judge that was calling ACN leaders? Very funny!
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by Beaf: 12:30am On May 31, 2012
deprince0:

Ok, go and reinstate Salami nau! Lol!
"Alagbara!" grin
Re: Court Dismisses Suit Against Salami Reinstatement by StarrMatthieu: 4:53am On May 31, 2012
All needed to be done is for the NJC to write a letter of reinstatement and Jonathan can't even kill a fly unless corruption.
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Astronaut Tunde Abacha Stranded In Space LOLZ / Borno Leads Ebonyi On NBS Ranking Of States IGR Of 2019 / Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.