Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (19637 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Benin-ore Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 9:16pm On May 30, 2012

The Rivers Monorail is an intracity rail project purposely designed to ease the congestion within the city of Port Harcourt.

The monorail will be using the Intamin P30 Monorail Train, an electric driven train especially designed and most suitable for commuter services in cities.

It is the most recent model of its kind and characterized by modern design, spacious cabins and is equipped with large size door openings for easy access for passengers with luggage.

The visual impact of the train, the track beam (which it rides on) and the supporting columns will be minimal and an appropriate color will be chosen to help integrate the system into the environment.

The Rivers Monorail Beam System
The Monorail Beam is elevated, supported by columns which in turn are supported by a foundation. The foundation will be properly sized to take all loads applied from the column to the foundation.

The foundation and the beam structure shall be designed to a minimum life time of 50 years. The foundation shall be designed and built to withstand the local climate conditions at Port Harcourt including flood, thunderstorm, heavy rain, etc.

Several trains will be in operation on the network between Aggrey Rd. and the loop North/East of the Garrison station.
[b]
- UPTH Junction (Aggrey Road)
- Sharks Stadium Park
- Supabod
- Isaac Boro Park
- Garrison Junction
- Nkpogu/ Elekahia Junction (Trans Amadi)
- Mother-Cat Junction (Rainbow)
- Ordinance Junction (NEWS)
- Elekahia Estate (Dust bin)
- Air force Base Junction (Aba Road)
- Rumuola Junction
- GRA Junction
- Water Lines Junction
- 1st or 2nd Artillery Junction
- Rumukwurushi Junction
- Oil Mill Junction
- Eleme Junction
- Oyigbo

Proposed Major Terminals
- Sharks Stadium Park (Station Road)
- Liberation Stadium (Elekahia)
- Garden Park (Air force Base Junction)

System Statistics
- Maximum achievable transport capacity 1,300 pph/direction
- Average interval of train is approximately 12/24 mins
- Maximum Speed 70km/hr
- Track Length 19.1 km
- Total passengers per train (standard Capacity) 158
- Total passengers per train (peak capacity) 210
- Operating Brakes are electrical regenerative brakes
- Holding breaks are mechanical brakes
- Emergency brake are mechanical brakes (fail safe design)
- Overall Route Track Length – 19.1Km
- Overall No. of Columns – 1473
- Stations – 14
- Train Sets – 5
- Coaches per Train – 6
- Passengers per Train – 210
- Passengers per hr per direction – 1300[/b]

1 Like

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 9:19pm On May 30, 2012
Hopefully, this will get done, ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by otokx(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2012
This project needs a lot of prayers.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 9:25pm On May 30, 2012
otokx: This project needs a lot of prayers.

LOL, this is funny! grin

I don't stay in PH city; since you stay there can you tell us how far its gone?
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by otokx(m): 9:38pm On May 30, 2012
Some progress is being made no doubt; maybe my grand children may benefit from it.

2 Likes

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by monkeyleg: 9:44pm On May 30, 2012
What powers the trains?? if electricity as i suspect, how are they going to sustain it?
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by otokx(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2012
They can use dedicated generators to produce electricity as they do to the street lights.

1 Like

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by PhysicsQED(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2012
otokx: They can use dedicated generators to produce electricity as they do to the street lights.

. . . undecided
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 9:55pm On May 30, 2012
otokx: Some progress is being made no doubt; maybe my grand children may benefit from it.

If I was you, I'll be glad. Some state governors don't even bother! They are just useless people collecting money every month.

The reason for the slow progress might be due to lack of funds. In a few months, I'm sure it will pick up!

monkeyleg: What powers the trains?? if electricity as i suspect, how are they going to sustain it?

Dedicated power plants.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 9:56pm On May 30, 2012
PhysicsQED:

. . . undecided

. . .
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by monkeyleg: 9:57pm On May 30, 2012
Hmmm, I wonder how much that would cost a,d if it is sustainable in the long run. These trains are resource intensive, and I seriously doubt that using Gens is the best way forward. Desiel trains would have been a better choice
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by otokx(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2012
dunno the craze for overhead trains, id prefer ones that run on the ground
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 10:05pm On May 30, 2012
otokx: dunno the craze for overhead trains, id prefer ones that run on the ground

Apart from the unnecessary space they take, overhead trains prevents traffic obstruction cause by the trains passing through a busy road.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 10:06pm On May 30, 2012
monkeyleg: Hmmm, I wonder how much that would cost a,d if it is sustainable in the long run. These trains are resource intensive, and I seriously doubt that using Gens is the best way forward. Desiel trains would have been a better choice

It is a PP project. The private investors will not want to lose their money, so I bet they already have a solution. No need to worry! cool
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by phantom(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2012
i think amaechi has done well but as concerns this project,its probably the most ill concieved idea he's had.....i think its a white elephant project and will not see the light of day.of course ill eat my words if need be(though i have this very bad feeling i may never)..........

3 Likes

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by otokx(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2012
Its does appear not to be a real PPP as the private partners appear to a front for an ex military governor and as such have neither the financial muscle nor technical expertise. The whole thing needs intensive prayers as we said earlier.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Rhino5dm: 10:59pm On May 30, 2012
This project is one BIG scam!. I'm really disappointed with Amaechi, cos he has all the money to pursue this wonderful project. I was at silverbird yesterday and the site of the project is more like a cemetary. Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:00pm On May 30, 2012
otokx: Its does appear not to be a real PPP as the private partners appear to a front for an ex military governor and as such have neither the financial muscle nor technical expertise. The whole thing needs intensive prayers as we said earlier.
phantom: i think amaechi has done well but as concerns this project,its probably the most ill concieved idea he's had.....i think its a white elephant project and will not see the light of day.of course ill eat my words if need be(though i have this very bad feeling i may never)..........

Guys, I got this:

The Rivers Monorail Project is a public-private partnership (PPP) between the Rivers State Government and TSI Property and Investment Holdings Limited. A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) called Rivers Monorail Company Limited (RMC) was established by both parties to own and operate the rivers monorail system.

TSI Property and Investment Holdings Limited
TSI is a privately owned Investment and Property Development Company that was incorporated in Nigeria in 1988 as a private limited liability company. TSI Holdings is the majority shareholders in Le Meridien Ogeyi Place Hotels Port Harcourt and is the promoter of the proposed Port Harcourt City Monorail system project.

TSI is committed to promoting the development of International Standard Products and Services through Investment and has interests which span through the following sectors:

- Property Development and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Finance
- Trading
- Manufacturing
- Services

TSI has investments in several companies including:
- Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited (Owners of Le Meridien Ogeyi Place Port Harcourt)
- QR Manufacturing and Trading Company Limited
- Delchem Nigeria Ltd (Owners of Orara Dry cleaning and Laundry Services Ltd.)
- South South Communications Ltd.
- TSI Properties and Investments Company (Gambia) Ltd.
- TSI Properties and Investments Company (UK) Ltd.
- 520 Hotels Limited
- Tofamid Industries Ltd.
- Tofamid Farms Ltd.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by aljharem(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2012
good, cool

this is what we need in Nigeria,

Stop the planning and announcements and start working
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2012
The problem with CRA is that he starts too many projects, and doesnt finish them. so many uncompleted projects in rivers state.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:36pm On May 30, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The problem with CRA is that he starts too many projects, and doesnt finish them. so many uncompleted projects in rivers state.

Half a bread is better than none. Other people don't even have the privileged to see these sort of structures in their states.

1 Like

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by aljharem(m): 11:37pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Half a bread is better than none. Other people don't even have the privileged to see these sort of structures in their states.

Gbammmm na so so promises grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:37pm On May 30, 2012
I have faith that he will complete it.
The stagnant period is normal and work will soon resume.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:38pm On May 30, 2012
alj harem:

Gbammmm na so so promises grin grin grin grin grin

You like following me around, don't you?? Keep feeding with paranoid thoughts! SMH!
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by aljharem(m): 11:39pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

You like following me around, don't you?? Keep feeding with paranoid thoughts! SMH!

sharrp dia, you are me, I am you don't be like Okija juju that was reluctant at first but now accepts he is me but another personality.

You better start getting use to it
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by PhysicsQED(m): 11:54pm On May 30, 2012
lmao
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jmaine: 11:57pm On May 30, 2012
Personality disorder tongue

3 Likes

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:58pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine: Personality disorder tongue

My pesin, Alj harem tire me mehn! grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by aljharem(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na wa o smiley
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:58pm On May 30, 2012
Abi, which kin thing be this?!
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 11:59pm On May 30, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na wa o smiley

ROMFL!

Wahlai, you done craze! grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Abagworo(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The problem with CRA is that he starts too many projects, and doesnt finish them. so many uncompleted projects in rivers state.

The quality of works in Rivers is so high and requires so much patience. I went to Owerri the other time and the Governor has already completed several road projects in 1 year but I just looked at them and laughed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakassi Strike Force Begs For Amnesty, Returns Weapons / Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 / Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.