Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here (1614 Views)

I Need A Writer Who Can Write About Graphics Design, Website And Social Media / Quickly Get Clear Information About Graphics Card With GPU-Z / If You Need Special Trainee About Graphics Design At Home Or Office E.t.c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2007
This Thread is For People who got any question about anything in Graphics, Just Ask and anyone that Got Reply will answer you here .Thanks
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by ndbest(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2007
Please i would like to know the business or job prospects i stand to gain by learnnig Graphics. i have a raw talent in fine Art, and i'm thinking seriously of improving on it. Where do you advise i enrol (some1 suggested Aptech), what do u think. Thanks
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by sexytitan(f): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2008
I just downoloaded the graphics program "Gimp" mainly because my internet connection was too slow to download the heavy photoshop. I just want to ask for some main tips in using Gimp, if anyone knows.
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by iparrot(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2008
it boasts of the same interface like photoshop! basically the same idea if you have used photoshop before. very good graphic package i must say, so don't fill bad you didn't get photoshop. there is a link where you can start learning gimp, just have to find it, grin
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ sexytitan
I must say i recommend photoshop for most graphics editing and i want to ask what software did u use to creat that your gingerbread man?
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by iparrot(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by iparrot(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2008
everybody loves and knows photoshop, but it is not the only good graphic package there is. the open source softwares i giving the commercial ones good competition. i know an short animated movies which was a great success and recieved international recognition. pre-production work was done in THE GIMP!!!! grin
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by sexytitan(f): 5:21am On Jan 05, 2008
I used "Blender" for the gingerbreadman but stupid me . . . i was just following orders from the tutorial and i havent used it again.

@iparrot
I tried to download the Gimp tutorial from the gimp website but it was 81MB which would take my computer about 3 days to download. I hate starcomms!
I'll check out ur website sha
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by hintzubie(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2008
I know computer very well but i'm having problem with graphics design. Please anyone who knows about graphic should hola me. thanks
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by gdi(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ndbest
Your Raw talent is an advantage, most people fail to realise that knowledge of just the tools don't count much because the industry thrives on creativity and your ability to sell yourself.

You can start by learning to Use Corel Draw, Photoshop and adobe illustrator. take them one at a time, in time you would see how they complement each other plus your creativity.

Go through online tutorials, don't just folow the steps play a little, mix and come up with your own style (this sets you apart).

don't stop at Corel Draw, Photoshop and adobe illustrator, learn about colors, read about fonts and arm yourself with good ones, look at your environment-learn from nature (light & shade). experiment alot.

Offer your service as a creative designer to your immediate community: Churches, schools, and small biz around.

Over time you would improve, as you grow don't forget to give back: mentor someone, share ideas, don't let pride get in the way.

Enjoy yourself. wink
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2008
Have any one of you tried ulead photo impact?its a cool graphics editing software that can be used for touchup's and photo editing.i tried it and it was cool and i can recommend it for anyone with creative skills.
Just think and you will perform.
just my opinion anyway.
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by ndbest(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2008
@gdi
thanks alot for your advice, i really appreciate it.

Please where do you suggest i learn d corel draw and others. some1 mentioned aptech or NiiT. I,m situated in lagos.
i really would love to have a very background training.
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by Kemjisuper(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
@In2gold
Yeah I've seen Ulead and it's cool. I plan to add it to the rest of my Graphic softwares too.

@Sexytitan
What's Blender? Does it do 3D designs real good? If that's what you used for the gingerbread man, I gotta get me a Blender too.

Cheers
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by DaBest(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

There is a career opportunity for anyone interested in developing there skills in animation and multimedia design with on the job training in video editing, 2d and 3d animation just send you cv to digitalresourcecenter@gmail.com and you will be contacted.
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by sexytitan(f): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2008
Kemjisuper:

@Sexytitan
What's Blender? Does it do 3D designs real good? If that's what you used for the gingerbread man, I gotta get me a Blender too.

Cheers
It does 3D animations too and stores the rendered material as any video format u want. Cool huhn. I think u can get it here http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.45/blender-2.45-windows.exe and u need to download python to run it http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.0/python-3.0a1.msi
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by eldee(m): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2008
hey guys I got Photoshop cs3 but the interface aint user friendly at all, pls does anyone know any website i could use to learn from the scratch cus i need it to improve my fine art . . .
Re: Got Questions About Graphics? Ask It Here by gdi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ndbest
i MIGHT sound funny but, forget aptech forget Niit, even a good road side computer school will give you a good foundation on the tools I mentioned earlier. Then spend the rest of your time and money on buying books, experimenting and creating with your imagination. it worked for me, you could try it too. wink

(1) (Reply)

Logo Design / The Logowall / Please Rate My Painting Skills On Corel Photo Paint X3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.