Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service (1151 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service by icnsystem(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2012
A Pentecostal pastor famed for handling snakes during church sermons has died after being bitten by a rattlesnake.where passed around among church members, Wolford was bitten in the thigh by a yellow rattlesnake as he sat on the floor next to it. The service was quickly disbanded as the pastor was taken to family member’s house to recover, but he later died in hospital from poisoning.

Wolford had been bitten on three previous occasions, but did not seek medical attention as he regarded the injury as a test of faith.

“He helped me to understand the faith instead of just documenting it,” photographer and eyewitness Lauren Pond told the Washington Post. “He was one of the most open pastors I’ve ever met. He was a friend and a teacher.”

“I didn’t see the bite, I saw the aftermath” she added.

The group of serpent handlers follow the gospel of Mark, which states: “And these signs will follow
those who believe...they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pastor-killed-in-rattlesnake-attack-during-church-service.html

Re: Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service by LogicMind: 5:15pm On May 31, 2012
one less hypocrite to worry about.
Re: Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service by ijawkid(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind: one less hypocrite to worry about.

Lol....

U have finally been released from ya cage to torment these pastors....

Lol
Re: Pastor Killed In Rattlesnake Attack During Church Service by JeSoul(f): 6:39pm On May 31, 2012

(1)

Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) / Freewill And Determinism / Pagans/traditionalists What Is Your Attitude Towards The Issue Of Homosexuality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.