Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Intercontinental Bank's New Identity - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Intercontinental Bank's New Identity (3437 Views)

What Is The Worth Of A Good And Strong Brand Identity? / Fidelity Bank's New Logo / Brand Identity/logo Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2007
Hey guys,

Have you seen Intercontinental Bank's new identity? I don't know who came up with that new logo for the bank; i don't really like it.

Wema Bank changed theirs and it looks better than the old one, FCMB did the same and wasn't reallY far from what they had before.

AM not spoiling Intercontinental's new look, but i just want to seek your honest opinions.
What do you guys think?

Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by amaikama(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2007
What the hell is that? LOGO!!! please! please!! they should remove it before or else i closing my account with them. angry
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by nnuji4ril: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2007
Well guy's i think there are trying to express themselves
by changing there identity, its not bad, as far is a Nigerian
company.
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by tolushi(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2007
-
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by UNLEASHED(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2007
F**ck da logo!!!!
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by smartsoft(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2007
the logo aren't good to me, somewhat i think they feel like changing their indentity but the guy who came up with that branded logo no try
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by aqua(m): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2007
THE LOGO IS CRAP AND F**UCKED i FEEL LIKE VOMITING ANYTIME I SEE IT. A 5 YEAR OLD CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT.
IF INTERCONTINENTAL CAN TAKE THAT CRAP AS A LOGO IT SHOWS THE CALLIBER OF PEOPLE IN THE MANAGEMENT AND AM NOT GOING TO OPEN MY ACCOUNT THERE ANYMORE.

I LIKE QUALITY AND I CAN'T ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH THAT.

WISH THEM THE BEST IN BEING IDENTIFIED WITH THE LOGO
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by Farriel(m): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2007
Quite easily, the most horrible logo of the decade. To even think its a new brand identity, WTF!
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by moondust(m): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
looks more like an automobile company logo than a bank's
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by segebee(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2007
yab yab yab

u guys just talk like illiterates and it shows in ur grammar

the logo is very sensible and logical

the hexagon is d six continents of the world where intercontinental hopes to be in

its all based on bhags- big hairy audacious goals

Congrats intercont. bt let there b awareness
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by Farriel(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2007
And you sound like one who can't tell his elbow from his wrist. You honestly have no ideas whatsoever in such matters and you dare abuse everyone of sounding like illiterates, WTF.

What is a sensible logo like, Segebee? How about logical, can you refer me to other logos that appear 'logical' to you?

In this day & age, a logo should be true to what it is intended to be. A graphical element, that, together with its logotype (a uniquely set and arranged typeface) form a trademark or commercial brand. Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition and inspiring loyalty.

Where does the Intercontinental logo fit into this description? As a bank, it should be better than it looks now. That's what a lot of people here are saying and they cannot be called illiterates for that.

I've done quite a number of logos in my time and I can tell you categorically, from a designer's standpoint. That logo is f**ked.
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by phishaman(m): 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2008
just read everyones comments and its sad what i see. first of all, its way beyond the logo. logos dont mean anything without the culture , the people,the business and the way of doing business that stands behind it. Intercontinental bank was RE-BRANDING- the logo is only the smallest part of it. Infact, what they created was not a logo. the former one was a logo. this is an avatar - an animated image for identity!
when it omes to RE-Branding, i think theyve done a good job in general , even if i dont think the logo and colour scheme was the best.
Second of all, what should be much more annoying to us all is that it had to be done by a company outside nigeria. Well i cant blame them, only a hand full of Nigerian Brand firms have shown themselves worthy, Most of them still contract it out.

check this out.

Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by HC: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2008
Thumbs up dude! Can you tell us what your logo means.
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by iparrot(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2008
don't care what it means, i like it,
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by phishaman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
thanx alot. it simply is the core of the earth and the moving arrow signifies that they are continually making business work, well something like that.
Re: Intercontinental Bank's New Identity by HC: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2008
Thanx for telling us what it means. Iparrot, people don't just design logos without having a meaning.

(1) (Reply)

3D Movie-Angelic Clash By A Nairalander / ‘dressed To Kill’ Series By Nigerian Contemporary Artist – Drofu / Must See...realistic Water Effects Drawing By C.azuakor[ballpoint Pen]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.