Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Tablets Versus Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tablets Versus Smartphones (1844 Views)

Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets / See The InnJoo Fire Camera Versus Samsung Galaxy Duos Camera + Water & Drop Test / BBM Versus Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tablets Versus Smartphones by Master6(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2012
The smartphone is the phone on steroids,
while the tablet is d laptop on suppressants.

what are the advantages of tablets over smartphones, coz i even heard they don't use sim cards. so whats the big deal with them, if they can do the same things with the smartphones but cant even access the internet without wiFi. why the overpopularity.
Re: Tablets Versus Smartphones by cj1080(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2012
Master_1: The smartphone is the phone on androids,
while the tablet is d laptop on suppressants.

what are the advantages of tablets over smartphones, coz i even heard they don't use sim cards. so whats the big deal with them, if they can do the same things with the smartphones but cant even access the internet without wiFi. why the overpopularity.

Dead wrong mate, A tablet is just a pc running with an OS, be it IOS or Android Os. Some of them have a sim slot in them, yes. But they put them there for those who cant get a modem but need the internet, so you can connect to the net with it. Not for calling.

Some of the can connect via a modem, like the A10 tablet i am using to post this, I am using it with a Huawei modem E1550.

Yes they where built for wifi network, cos over there wifi is the norm.

But please let not get it wrong, they are not phones and you cant make calls on them, except through skype or any voip service. Again, they are not phones even if you have a sim slot in it, its just for internet connects, cos alot of people confuse the ones with sims for that. I think, Samsung Tab‘s caused that, cos theirs look like tablets, but are actually phones.

1 Like

Re: Tablets Versus Smartphones by Master6(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
so what are the advantages tablets have over smartphones, coz i feel smartphones can make calls plus av all the oda suff tablets can do
Re: Tablets Versus Smartphones by amblors(m): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
Funny enough I was about to start this topic, tot to search first.
Contrary to wot the OP said, tablets do have sim slots, not all of em admittedly, some even have voice call n sms capability.
I'm thinking I have this very good android device, letz assume its a GS3, n den I have a laptop on steroids, why would I want say a Galaxy tab 2, that runs the same OS as my GS3, and prob the same apps.
I feel the functions of both devices are gonna overlap, with the major difference been maybe the screen sie of the tablet,which may favour reading of say pdf files.
With manufacturers making hardware suitable for both tablet n high end smartphones, ICS n Jellybean serving both hardware platforms, what's really the gain on owning a tablet when u have a highend smartphone?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Whatsapp On Ur S4o Fone Lyke Asha 200 And Co / MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair / 30,000mah Vs Innjoo 10,000mah Power Bank On Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.