Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Suggest How NTA Can Improve - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Suggest How NTA Can Improve (6573 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 11:45am On Jun 30, 2012
It was on NTA football commentaries I heard words like...'A longish ball', 'a shortish pass'. WTF.
Even a live match replay wl show a ball throw-in rather than a goal.
Lfmao.

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by bisiaet: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2012
NTA is a joke let billons of dollars spend on NTA I can bet it there wont be any change because same people will sit tight there and ruin it down so all of these NTA staffs should be lay off especially the higher officer then we can talk better but without that its just a pure waste of money and time NTA is dead long time. Adieu NTA.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by ballabriggs: 11:57am On Jun 30, 2012
First take NTA and FRCN away from the politicians grip. Let them have their autonomy.

Secondly, a steadfast adherence to corporate governance codes would also be important. Let them have an efficiently run board headed by a truly independent chairman. Then we can cascade the organisational culture set at the top through its hierarchy. With this, I believe we can have some improvement in NTA and FRCNs operations with a culture and system cascaded down from the strategic level. It is not different from the way the BBC is run.

But would the politicians want this?

NTAs problem I repeat is partly as a result of its faulty corporate structure.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by aryzgreat: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2012
Federal character and quota system is d problem with most government agencies. NTA, FRCN, NNPC, etc are in mess bc professionalism has been sacrificed on d altar of federal character. there is one hausa NTA correspondence muhamed anusurugu with an aboki accent and another that pronounces the muhamed with long meeeeed ie muhaaaaammeeeeeeeed kadri. such clowns shouldn't be found working in any broadcast media.

4 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by braine(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
I love NTA. grin
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by exclusive4real: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA SHOULD BE DEPENDENT WITH MODERN GRAPHICS AND DESIGN AS THE USA PLATFORM undecided
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by virgo(f): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Until the government releases its hold on the station, very little can be done for the station. NTA is still stuck in the past.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by crackhaus: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA oh NTA, what can I say about NTA? Oh yea, I know; there's Nigeria as well as authority n that abbreviation, go figure!
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by boyendowed(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA should just be privatized.That's the only solution
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Sleekjd(f): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
aryzgreat: Federal character and quota system is d problem with most government agencies. NTA, FRCN, NNPC, etc are in mess bc professionalism has been sacrificed on d altar of federal character. there is one hausa NTA correspondence muhamed anusurugu with an aboki accent and another that pronounces the muhamed with long meeeeed ie muhaaaaammeeeeeeeed kadri. such clowns shouldn't be found working in any broadcast media.
You are so on point! Professionalism is zero in NTA. The last recruitment was hijacked by d house of assembly. Come by NTA n u will see reporters who can't speak good English, heavily accented casters. In my station, aside wen I cast, I can't stand my fellow casters news n I don't watch NTA news. I only watch better stations to improve my skills.
NTA kills dreams n talents.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by sexiestharam(f): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
T
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2012
LeoMax: NTA should stop fielding those traditional attire wearing, heavy-accented, Oral english maneuvering newscasters.
I agree with you in totality.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Biggysmalls919(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
sanchez4eva: Beauty attracts and dats a fact...Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ newsroom shld make sense lyk dat picture above...Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ newscaster(s) shld dress elegantly and τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ video quality shld be high def...their problem is that they need to make money sharp sharp so they focus on collecting money for useless programmes and adverts instead of showcasing better programs....Can u imagine that when a whole national team is playing a match, NTA wld be showing a church program...dats bullshit...My suggestion is this..let NTA create new channels-NTA sports and NTA entertainment..τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ three channels shld showcase better programs..τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ nta sports can get τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ rights to showcase some premier league matches while τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ nta entertainment shld be focused on music,movies and maybe reality shows (just lyk E)..do u knw hw much revenue they will get in a year? Money from advertisement alone wld be enof to fund τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ power sector..But τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ problem with Nigeria is corruption and stupidity so we can expect business as usual...Peace
they already have nta news 24, nta education, nta sports 24 all are on star times tv. But they are just showing nonsense
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Dranatomy: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA sucks cus according to some of us, she doesnt display Half- full naked ladies/guys rocking real hard on screen in the name of performing on stage...
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Sunca: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
[/color][color=#770077]
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by 1forall: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
100% privatization.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
They improve their studio, obtain a helicopter for the purpose of live transmissions, create a special station 4 sports, also an entertainment station will be welcomed, employ better personnels who are nt archaic in their world views... My two cents
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Decryptor(m): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ejiné: NTA? Gawd, I HATE those channels!

They smell like poverty! angry
Absolutely! Each time i'm switching channels on my LG HDTV wink and i try to tune to NTA, i recieve the following message: "Error Code: 00419ecb5. The channel you are trying to view is outdated and does not conform with High Definition Digital Standards! Viewing this channel can either damage your tv or corrupt ur grammer speaking skills with "DAMErian" vernacular or pollute ur mind with "PDPish" gibberish." undecided

3 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Asekere(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA means Northern Television Authority..the station is dedicated to promote northern cultures..check out their background and roll-over songs, northern tunes all through..they spend over 80% of their time reporting about activities in the north.

5 Likes

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by speaktoinzaghi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
jeffizy: I grew up when Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) was the only TV station around.*even the name is depressing*
Up till now, I haven't seen any positive changes.
Is it the way they cut off programmes to start another or their old and masquerade-make-up ladies or their seeming tilt at bringing every one on board bec of federal character and Ŋφτ̲̅ considering talents?
Graphics is Zero.
Please give suggestions on how NTA can stand tall among the other channels.
Ben Bruce tried changing NTA before he left them, the NTA graphics was changed by him to a more attractive lettering and also introduced some programmes, but immediately he left NTA went back to the old system, returned the lettering to the old ones and the some programmes were also dropped. When it comes to bad broadcasting, its NTA. In my own opinion, the way NTA is meant to be run is by designating each NTA channel to different sections è.g say NTA 5 should go for entertainment, NTA 10 should be for News, NTA 7 for sports and so on, but we run the NTA program as if we are in the pre cambian era
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by awesomet1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
mikuz: that guy is still there?
He is still very active, alive and well grin
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by ifeT(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
Let them start by a change of Logo. They need serious re-branding.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by livapul86(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Dranatomy: NTA sucks cus according to some of us, she doesnt display Half- full naked ladies/guys rocking real hard on screen in the name of performing on stage...
Guy, please give yourself Brain or better still borrow one. How does improving the Quality and Content of your programs, equate to parading
nu.de ladies? The Bbc's, CNN's that you enjoy, is it nu.de ladies that they show?

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by oladayo042: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
The largest network in Africa! No be by size
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by xrazzy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
I'm currently writing my final year project on the effect of transnational television on the audience viewership of local Nigerian stations and based on my preliminary literature review and pilot study, the reason for the declining nature of Nigerian local television audience (of which NTA is the largest) is the ongoing proliferation and reduced economy of owning transnational television (satellite channels). Transnational television being driven by profit making motive are now outsmarting PBS system of many countries and thereby fragmenting the audience (of which they are taking the larger chunk. The panacea to NTA and other state TV (operating as a PBS mode) problem is just for government to actually make them 'real corporation' without learning on the govt for finances. The success story of BBC (a PBS system) is actually a testimony that a PBS channel can actually thrive on the same stage with commercially driven superchannels like CNN and others

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by declem(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
O my God,hv u pple seen NTA MINNA...u wil cry 4them..d chair they use is dinning table..in d studio..casting news n sweating at thesame time...nta is a scrap...bullshit

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by declem(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hmmmm!!..my people make una come c minna NTA news studio..u go cry 4them..na dinning chair dem use,n u go dey sweat wen castin news..nta is scrap..
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by OLUWAMETOO: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2012
the only thing that can help is to change the DG/GM and bring in white pipo to run it for a while and hand it back over and in the process retrain dere staffs.....most of dis stations just use pipo who probably have little knowledge. i had my internship with dem and i can say dere are equipments, but d pipo handling dem dont knw shit..i still remember some south African(white), that visited 1 time...they just kept staring at everyfin in surprise..d fact that cleaners selling pineapple/paw paw can enter d studio even when they are recording. the cameraman forgetin to switch hes phone off....dey were just laffin thru out

1:change the logo
2:change the studio set
3:get qualified pipo in the control rooms(editors nd cameramen)
4:give a standard of thing to be aired nt all dis primary school party

just make some whites be the management and you will see the difference....

1 Like

Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
NTA in Osogbo has gone off the air for the past 3 months to begin with
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2012
aryzgreat: Federal character and quota system is d problem with most government agencies. NTA, FRCN, NNPC, etc are in mess bc professionalism has been sacrificed on d altar of federal character. there is one hausa NTA correspondence muhamed anusurugu with an aboki accent and another that pronounces the muhamed with long meeeeed ie muhaaaaammeeeeeeeed kadri. such clowns shouldn't be found working in any broadcast media.
On point.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
Asekere: NTA means Northern Television Authority..the station is dedicated to promote northern cultures..check out their background and roll-over songs, northern tunes all through..they spend over 80% of their time reporting about activities in the north.
Never tot of that angle. But you Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ a point.
Re: Suggest How NTA Can Improve by jeffizy(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2012
braine: I love NTA. grin
Mediocre.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Bollywood Is The Best: Amitabh Bachchan / Pictures From 'A Wish' Movie Premier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.