Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines (17394 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / Malawi President Bingu Wa Mutharika Is Dead! / T. B. Joshua's Prediction?: Malawi President's Unconscious After Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by bid4rich(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2012
To me, that starting always sound good but lets wait and see what will happen in the next 24 month. We should also remember that no either british or american give something for free, there must be something they are eyeing that will be to their own advantage. Lets wait and see.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Chimoski87(m): 8:59am On Jun 02, 2012
Dat Malawian president is a complete redefined DISGRACE to africa. For me, Jonathan is d best serving african head of state at d moment. Even with d mearage of problems in naija, he had kept his head high by nt succumbing to d antics of satan and western nation by vehemently rejecting homosexuality. Imagine dat old opportuned fool calling herself Malawian president reverting back 2 homosexuality wat her predecessor rejected in a bid 2 see dat antichrist personified in queen Elizabeth and d some of d western nation give them some loans. I pray 4 her sudden infinite disgrace except she rejects homosexuality in totality. Up GEJ
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 02, 2012
ebamma: she is not the one in charge of the country now, its the imf and the world bank and britain,any decision she takes is not hers but their's.

You very intelligent and knowledgeable in world/global affairs. Please spread this to Nigerians; from reading their comments on here, my heart bleeds for them, they don't understand the forces behind her.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2012
Chimoski87: Dat Malawian president is a complete redefined DISGRACE to africa. For me, Jonathan is d best serving african head of state at d moment. Even with d mearage of problems in naija, he had kept his head high by nt succumbing to d antics of satan and western nation by vehemently rejecting homosexuality. Imagine dat old opportuned fool calling herself Malawian president reverting back 2 homosexuality wat her predecessor rejected in a bid 2 see dat antichrist personified in queen Elizabeth and d some of d western nation give them some loans. I pray 4 her sudden infinite disgrace except she rejects homosexuality in totality. Up GEJ
Jonathan is the best serving African leader because he doesn't support homosexuality? If this is the yardstick you use to measure good leadership, with all the corruption permeating our nation today, then something must be wrong with you. In fact, for you to speak so passionately on this issue, I AM BEGINNING TO SUSPECT YOU ARE A CLOSET GAY/HOMO...SEXUAL trying to test the waters! Come out of the closet Bro!

Now let's put your comment in contexts: What's so special about homosexuality? Why do people who have sin and who continue to sin like to look at other people and try to castigate them? I am not gay and neither do I support it, however if homosexuality is a sin or something of a pariah as you make it sound, isn't fornication the same? Have you not fornicated or sinned? What do fornication and homosexuality have in common? Both are sins. Why not tell Jonathan also to ban fornication? Open your bible and see what it says about fornication and you will be shocked!

As long as neither of us or any of us is infallible, we have no moral justification to comment on homosexuality or fornication. So be quiet! Even Jonathan should remain quiet because he has sinned also, no doubt he is involved in adultery.

However, if someone who has not sinned decides to comment on this, I will be quiet and reserve my comment. hope you get my logic? I end with this comment by David Mark: "There are more pressing issues in the country to tackle and not homosexuality!" By the way, David Mark is very corrupt!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by kay9(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2012
4evergod3:

HIS REACTION WOULD BE "HOW CAN I A PHD HOLDER AND THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND MY UMBLERRA PRONOUNCING WIFE HITCH HIKE. I NEED 3 MORE PLANES FOR ME AND ANOTHER 3 FOR MY WIFE" I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS WITHOUT SHOES..... BLA BLA BLA.

I LAUGH IN PATWA.
-
However i think the IMF is more or less in control of the country now... Devalue the currency?? I dunno man, i'm no economist but i just dont see any good in that.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2012
ebamma: she is not the one in charge of the country now, its the imf and the world bank and britain,any decision she takes is not hers but their's.
(Report Post) (Quote Post) 10 Likes Like

See bad belle. I hope people are not liking this post because they hate seeing a woman do so well as president.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:

See bad belle. I hope people are not liking this post because they hate seeing a woman do so well as president.

Very stupid comment. Who is talking about sexism or misogyny on here? He made a very important comment, instead of you to go and research on that you simply label it as "bad belle." Why do some Nigerians behave like this? You don't have to believe him, GO AND DO YOUR RESEARCH. This is common sense!

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by snthesis(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2012
Ignatio: I think selling the jet and the limos are to divert our attention from the real deal which is lifting ban on gays. They give her aid on the terms that she turn Malawi into a homosexuality heaven. Epic fail on her side.
i see u can also read in-between the lines.

hw does lifting d ban help develop d economy-its all a cover up, gay propaganda mothafuska angry angry angry angry angry
watch other african countries toe d line
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by owobokiri(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2012
with the way this woman is going, you start to wonder whether her predecesors demise through a "heart attack" was induced. The fact that some people were well aware of his impending death in advance and even predicted this should make Malawis put their thinking cap on. The predecesor was no saint but he was a major anti-imf guy who put himself on the firing line by welcoming the likes of Bashir and other trouble makers. He banned homosexuality and the aids dried up. He must have forgotten how vulnerable a poor country with limited resources/security system can be in these dog-eat-dog days. This woman is devaleuing their currency when Malawi exports next to nothing. Then She will 'unban' homosexuality to the applause of the west and to the chagrin of conservative Malawis? There i was thinking Malawi was a democracy. If she is hellbent with her stand on homosexuality when majority of her people have a different view, who is she representing then?
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2012
Danka7777:

Very stupid comment. Who is talking about sexism or misogyny on here? He made a very important comment, instead of you to go and research on that you simply label it as "bad belle." Why do some Nigerians behave like this? You don't have to beli bla bla bla bla bla
So who told you I haven't done any research? I asked a simple question, 'hope the real reason they are 'liking' the post is not cos she's female, I didn't say they were 'liking' the post for that reason, understand a post next time before replying it with your own stupid comment.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by jmoore(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2012
onila: this is why women shld rule Africa and not these crap, polygamous African men

Women like Cecilia Ibru or the wife of James Ibori. Corruption is not linked to one's gender

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:
So who told you I haven't done any research? I asked a simple question, 'hope the real reason they are 'liking' the post is not cos she's female, I didn't say they were 'liking' the post for that reason, understand a post next time before replying it with your own stupid comments.

I read your comment carefully, thoroughly and deliberately, and my response stands. You said you asked a question? Where is the question mark? And it doesn't sound like a question. I think you have no idea what you wrote or somebody wrote it for you and ask you to post it on here. I will advise you to kindly proofread your comment again to save yourself any further insult. Other Nairalanders on here should please read her comment and advise her on what she is saying...
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2012
owobokiri: with the way this woman is going, you start to wonder whether her predecesors demise through a "heart attack" was induced. The fact that some people were well aware of his impending death in advance and even predicted this should make Malawis put their thinking cap on. The predecesor was no saint but he was a major anti-imf guy who put himself on the firing line by welcoming the likes of Bashir and other trouble makers. He banned homosexuality and the aids dried up. He must have forgotten how vulnerable a poor country with limited resources/security system can be in these dog-eat-dog days. This woman is devaleuing their currency when Malawi exports next to nothing. Then She will 'unban' homosexuality to the applause of the west and to the chagrin of conservative Malawis? There i was thinking Malawi was a democracy. If she is hellbent with her stand on homosexuality when majority of her people have a different view, who is she representing then?

Very intelligent comment. I love critical thinking. For her predecessor who was against gay ban lift to pass on and barely two months into her administration, she approves it. Highly suspicious!

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mosalab(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2012
Sometimes i dont understand d way most Nigerian think... May be we should also ask mr jona to devalue our currency x4, legalize homosexualism, sell all nations ppty to dangote(cos he can afford it), invite d imf, britain nd other western countries 4 second colonialism... Den we begin to praise him... Nigeria...bad leader...bad folower
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by ujchief(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2012
yohanna zack: they hav evil intention towards malawi. God wil deliver us from d anti-christ.
No sir! God isnt gona deliver us from anti-christ. God has already fore-warned us of the anti-christ that is a sheep in wolves clothing. Its a prophesy that must come to pass, and in no distant time.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mosalab(m): 10:24am On Jun 02, 2012
Sometimes i dont understand d way most Nigerian think... May be we should also ask mr jona to devalue our currency x4, legalize homosexuality, sell all nations ppty to dangote(cos he can afford it), invite d imf, britain nd other western countries 4 second colonialism... Den we begin to praise him... Madam u no bet@ pass my presido o....
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by member479760: 10:34am On Jun 02, 2012
all the same she no dey anywhere, even if she like make she sell herself. = no development go happen.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by samsuny(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2012
A true leader. Not the harsh rulers we have in Nigeria.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by nedostic: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2012
I believe we should not praise sing her for now. Though she seems to have started in the right direction but you never can tell of her latent ambitions being a typical African politician. I equally have fears that she might become a puppet to external economic forces.If she claims to be a Christian I wonder why she should be nursing the idea of lifting the ban on homosexuality. More so, we should equally watch out those who would be buying the government assets that she disposed.From experience, we have discovered that most government assets are bought by the same government officials or their cronies at a give away price.

Devaluation of currency as an economic trade weapon has its limitation considering the fact that we all live in a global village. The pros as given in textbooks do not not necessarily pan out when it comes to international trade.

Any nation that lacks the milieu for R&D to thrive would continually wallow in trade imbalances and in tandem such a nation as it is today in the African continent becomes economic lackeys to donor countries or agencies.

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mjconcept(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2012
crackhouse: Malawi need help from other countries b/cos that's where they depend on and this have made her to welcome homosexuality in malawi just to get help from Britain or didn't u guys see that one? Is that one also nice too?. From what i see, that woman is playing a good woman and dancing to the tune of her donors just to get their money. How are we sure she's working with the money. Is there any Nigerian there to testify to that. Maybe after her tenure u will start hearing that she bought a private jet.
No Mind those retardeens in Nairaland who can't even rule themsevles.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mjconcept(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2012
mosalab: Sometimes i dont understand d way most Nigerian think... May be we should also ask mr jona to devalue our currency x4, legalize homosexuality, sell all nations ppty to dangote(cos he can afford it), invite d imf, britain nd other western countries 4 second colonialism... Den we begin to praise him... Madam u no bet@ pass my presido o....
cheesy LWKMD second colonialism. grin grin grin grin
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mjconcept(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2012
Les: so bluetooth, you wise like this? Though you get coma (,) sha, but na true talk. She is WORSE and DARKER than our Pa Jona here!
I'm still susprised. cool
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2012
mjconcept:
I'm still susprised. cool

Surprised ? You actually thought I was a deadbeat like you ? grin
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by gtrust: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
egoldman: Britain or not, IMF or not, i am proud of that woman , whatever she saves for her country with these actions , Nigeria would save 1,000 times more, the issue is this , will our government do the same ? Your guess is as good as mine .

I'm sorry but did I hear you say 'saves'
She just devalued their National currency 3times over!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by anigold(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
That woman is a very big fool how can the imf tells u to devalue your money n u acept doing cos u want aids. Foolishnes. Wen last did we heard of USA Devaluing Dollar. Next she wil accept dogs getting married to malawi women. Ho Africa Nawao always thinking from their pussies n dicks
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by bisiaet: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
This woman has done a real good job and i'm so happy for her hope other African leaders could same "BUT" my concern now is how are we sure its not the silly guillible British Govt that has told her to do so? Please poster is this not another systematic impreliasm style of British which backfire on them in Zimbabawe? Because from a reliable it was learnt its British and IMF that are ruling the tiny nation at the moment is what she said is what she wanted to do or its the wish of this ugly head British trying to destroy that country in the name of "oh we are helping you" Only God know.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by mbulela: 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
Critics joked, however, that Malawi was transforming from a "God-fearing country" to a "donor-fearing country".

A God fearing nation where godlessness thrived in high places.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by anonimi: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
gtrust:

I'm sorry but did I hear you say 'saves'
She just devalued their National currency 3times over!

Devaluation in itself is not a problem. In fact the Chinese have an ongoing battle with the US over their deliberately keeping their currency "undervalued" so as to have cheaper exports to the US. What she needs to do is strenthen the country's manufacturing base and value added to the raw materials (including oil) exports that most African countries rely on.

The Malawian president has done good to sell the jet and the car, which is the decision being examined here and that a poor country like Nigeria (low Human development Index) should emulate. We need to focus on education, more education and even more education focused on the sciences and mathematics to improve our collective productivity and reduce corruption.

Those who want to examine her gay rights reversal should open a thread on that!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by owobokiri(m): 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
anonimi:

Devaluation in itself is not a problem. In fact the Chinese have an ongoing battle with the US over their deliberately keeping their currency "undervalued" so as to have cheaper exports to the US. What she needs to do is strenthen the country's manufacturing base and value added to the raw materials (including oil) exports that most African countries rely on.

The Malawian president has done good to sell the jet and the car, which is the decision being examined here and that a poor country like Nigeria (low Human development Index) should emulate. We need to focus on education, more education and even more education focused on the sciences and mathematics to improve our collective productivity and reduce corruption.

Those who want to examine her gay rights reversal should open a thread on that!
You dont put the cart before the horse.
You first try to have a "manufacturing base" before you devaleu your currency to energise export. You devaleu before putting up a manufacturing structure, you end up a net importer like Nigeria after SAP. The Chinese manufacturing ability is huge and fervently protected by the state. So your chinese example is not on. Maybe she is trying to entice the sex-tourists as somebody earlier mentioned. . Again her views on same sex marriage was mentioned in the original post and thats why it is an issue to MANY Africans.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by dasparrow: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
@Post

The Malawian president did well to sell the presidential jets and 60 Mercedes Limousines. However, I don't quite support her being a stooge for the west which is what she has become. By Devaluing her country's currency and dancing to the tune of the IMF and world bank, I am afraid it will do her country Malawi no good in the long run. African leaders must always remember that western nations do not and have never had the best interest of the African at heart. All that these western nations are interested in is to bleed Africa dry and sadly they have succeeded in doing just that.

I believe in the saying 'teach a man how to fish rather than giving him fish'. The west wants Africa to remain dependant on them forever. Let her encourage the creating of local manufacturing industries for instance. Industries that will bring money into her nation's economy rather than waiting and depending on the west for financial aid and handouts.

As for the homosexuality part, when the time comes, the same way God intends to deal with mystery babylon (america) and her ungodly culture which she tries to force down people's throat around the world is the same way God will deal with those nations who adopt ungodly cultures into their countries.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by rareman(m): 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
Good move as selling off those liabilities, but then am not comfortable with her romance with the british. Only time will tell, with her gay movement and her imf connections no praises for her yet

Spying On Your Spouse Phone Is Now A Crime In Saudi Arabia, ₦47M Fine & A Year. / African Countries With 24/7 Power Supply / Tourist Trapped On Australian Island After Being Stalked By A Crocodile

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80