Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:27 AM

Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) (2086 Views)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Genotype AS and AS: Can We Get Married? / Can A Man With Genotype As Get Marry To A Woman With Thesame Genoype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) by judiscokis: 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
Good day my follow nairalander,i have been in a relationship for 9ears now,we both love each other but since we discover we have same genotype (AS) wil have been leaving in anguish,friends i need your candid advice and possible ways we can get married and not give birh to (SS). though i have hard off amniocentesis ,pls i want more info about it and where is done in nigeria i mean the hospital;procedures,risk involve and the cost to carryout the test.
pls if there are others way that will be off help to this situation i welcome it.know it that ur advice and solutions wil help and heal a broken heart.hope to read ur response...
Re: Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2012
Yeah an amniocenthesis test can be carried out durimg pregnancy †☺ detect d baby's genotype.Ȋ̝̊̅†§ can be done in Nigeria-sickle cell centre,idi araba,lagos,opp luth nd sumwhere in oshodi,fetal diagnostic centre.dose r d two centres I knw,bt mayb dere r odas too.my candid advice iz for U̶̲̥̅̊ both †☺ give it a veri serious tot nd be sure U̶̲̥̅̊ rili wanna do dis,cuz wat if d test shows an ss baby,wud U̶̲̥̅̊ kip it or abort? Dats a delinma nd m sure it won't be an easy descision.gd luck
Re: Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) by dominique(f): 8:40am On Jun 03, 2012
^^^ thank you for the info. i know someone facing the same dilema..
Re: Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) by solomto(f): 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
judiscokis: Good day my follow nairalander,i have been in a relationship for 9ears now,we both love each other but since we discover we have same genotype (AS) wil have been leaving in anguish,friends i need your candid advice and possible ways we can get married and not give birh to (SS). though i have hard off amniocentesis ,pls i want more info about it and where is done in nigeria i mean the hospital;procedures,risk involve and the cost to carryout the test.
pls if there are others way that will be off help to this situation i welcome it.know it that ur advice and solutions wil help and heal a broken heart.hope to read ur response...
i wl blame u for nt doing a simple test for good 8 years bt i dnt think ur marriage wl nt work unles u wnt to risk d life of some of ur children.
sandylurv: Yeah an amniocenthesis test can be carried out durimg pregnancy †☺ detect d baby's genotype.Ȋ̝̊̅†§ can be done in Nigeria-sickle cell centre,idi araba,lagos,opp luth nd sumwhere in oshodi,fetal diagnostic centre.dose r d two centres I knw,bt mayb dere r odas too.my candid advice iz for U̶̲̥̅̊ both †☺ give it a veri serious tot nd be sure U̶̲̥̅̊ rili wanna do dis,cuz wat if d test shows an ss baby,wud U̶̲̥̅̊ kip it or abort? Dats a delinma nd m sure it won't be an easy descision.gd luck
This is if u support abortion bt i wont try it myself.
Re: Dated For 9 Years Just To Fine Out That Both Of Us Have Same Genotype (as) by pato405(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
as a health practitioner i would advise you (sadly tho) to split. the guilt of killing your own baby alone will demoralise you for a long time if not for eternity particularly if your religious creeds are against it. you'll blame yurselves - that at least others allowed theirs to thrive and faced the challenges but you didn't..rather you chose to snuff lyf out of the poor foetus. i understand how you guys feel having dated for 9 good yrs but when issues of lyf are involved, you have to painstakingly take the right decision. i'm afraid you may just have to let the relationship go than lyf being wasted. wat if the abortion results in complication which either takes yur own lyf, or hampers yur chances of conceiving again.

so, best I can sadly say is simply let go.

(1) (Reply)

Hope To The World! End Of Coronavirus / What Pills Can I Take 2 Add Weight / Post Info. On Internship Recruitment For Pharmacists, House Officers & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.