Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company (7737 Views)

When Doctor Asks You "Are You Sexually Active?" In Front Of Your Mum / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / I Don't Want To Be A Doctor The Words Nigerian Parent Does Not Want To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by Lagusta(m): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
Can a doctor work in a clinic or hospital, which may be owned by an oil company? How much can be their take-home pay? Just askin
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by yemmyma: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2012
Well, i guess no one wants to work outside oil and gas anymore. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by Lagusta(m): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2012
yemmy_ma: Well, i guess no one wants to work outside oil and gas anymore. God bless Nigeria

me just dey ask ooo, its not that i must work in chevron, i may want to travel, start my private practice, do my residency, or join politics
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by deenee: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2012
Yes, you can work in an oil company along the lines of which you have specialized in-medicine. Any outside this is will be akin to you trying to pass a camel through the eye of a needle. All the best

1 Like

Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
Even doctors sef wan taste oil and gas money cheesy.
Why not just focus on saving lives first?

1 Like

Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by tanimola22: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
Kai, besides the children of politicians and other very wealthy thieves and non-thieves, I can imagine the too much rep that oil company guys command there in Lagos.

Imagine a guy you saw just less than 4 years ago, who lived in a razz area and could hardly dress well. Imagine such a guy telling you, few years later, that he was tired of his prado jeep and would like to get something better. Imagine such a guy telling you that he was fed up of living in VI and now wants to move to Ikoyi. Imagine the muscle of working for a top oil company in naija. Imagine the power of Totale. True story!

This is called owo epo. No one wants to miss it, even graduates of dance and creative arts cheesy. hahaha

T22.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by Lagusta(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
x-fire:
Even doctors sef wan taste oil and gas money cheesy.
Why not just focus on saving lives first?

so what do i want to do b4, i just asked a simple question, is that a sin against humanity?
Of course i want to save lives, or robots now do the drilling and haulage nd stuff abi? Or there r no hospitals or clinics being run by these companies, which cater for the families of those working there.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by tanimola22: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lagusta:

so what do i want to do b4, i just asked a simple question, is that a sin against humanity?
Of course i want to save lives, or robots now do the drilling and haulage nd stuff abi? [b]Or there r no hospitals or clinics being run by these companies, which cater for the families of those working ther[/b]e.....

Of course, there are. And, as you would expect, they heavily pay doctors. I once heard close to a million per month, Chevron that is. The problem has always been entering.

T22.
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by TheOne2(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
You can work in an oil company though the chances are quite slim. Oil companies employ mostly consultants on managerial level. Lower level doctors are somtimes employed on contract to cover some gaps.
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by pendusky(m): 9:31am On Jun 08, 2012
Posible! Jst dat they will be limited dr. Coz its nt hospital! Jst like engineers do work in hospital! Shalom!
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by tanimola22: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2012
pendusky: Posible! Jst dat they will be limited dr. Coz its nt hospital! Jst like engineers do work in hospital! Shalom!

Hi,

I think these oil companies have sophisticated clinics, no?

T22
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by AjanleKoko: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
What about companies importing olive oil? grin
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by ayox2003: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
AjanleKoko: What about companies importing olive oil? grin
hahaha.
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
Yeah u can. Added advantage if you have a post - mbbs qualification in occupational health. If u don't like to get ur hands dirty a lot n r not too much of a fan of patient contact, I ges dats d way to go. Dunno of overall career prospects though.
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by bobbydbobo: 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pls, does any1 know how much a fresh graduate working wiv Nigerian Ministry of foreign affairs earns as salary... Pls Urgent and important. Honest responses pls .....
Re: Can A Doctor Work In An Oil Company by me4wealth: 12:22am On Aug 13, 2012
who knws how much Geoservices, a schlumberger company pay deir mudloggers. Pls need urgent reply, tnx

(1) (Reply)

Salary Of Teachers In Private Schools In Lagos / [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony / What Are D Career Prospects For A Mathematics Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.