Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? (855 Views)

British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / Hanged Iranian Woman Leaves Heartbreaking Last Message / Family Section Debate 2013 - Make it a Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by Naideen: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
My boyfriend was found guilty in court due to his part in the looting that took place during the London riots.

I tried to support him the best I could in the lead up to his trial. However, he kept everyone in the dark about when he was due to be sentenced and went to court by himself. I found out after he was sent to jail that he had been sentenced to a 20-months and his earliest release date (if he is lucky) is September.

He's never been in trouble before. He's 24 and from a traditional Yoruba family; however, he was born in London. I am not Yoruba or African. We have been in a serious relationship for 2 years and I’ve met some of his family members but not his mum. He was about to introduce me to his mum but now I'm wondering whether this will happen when he leaves prison. What will his family be expecting from him?

I have written him everyday trying to keep his spirits up. The thing is he hasn’t contacted anyone. Not me and none of his friends. His family have closed ranks and are telling everyone he’s gone traveling or simply won’t answer the phone to people calling up concerned by his disappearance.

I’ve asked him to write just to let me know he’s ok but I have not received any calls or letters. He’s not on drugs and can look after himself. I just don’t understand why he won’t write back.

Any viewpoints on his behaviour are welcome.
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by Odunnu: 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
He is depressed and his family is disappointed. Thats why they are both acting 'stay away' attitude.
If you can, keep writing the letters, keep visiting the family members you know keep standing by him. If it will work, it'l work
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
the guy is thoroughly ashamed and depressed for bringing dishonor to his family. Try visiting him and showing him you plan to stand by him through this.
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by taryour(f): 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
cry cry cry

eiya poor guy.
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by moremi2008(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
Just stay with him... he's going through dark times and has withdrawn from everybody.
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by taryour(f): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
chaircover: Tayo did you say poor guy?

BTW someone got killed defending his shop from the looters. He was run over by the looters when he chased them down the road trying to get his goods back. Not all shops had insurance and many of the smaller businesses never recovered.

you needed to be there to see the mayhem that they caused. They tried it in my city center but thankfully our police force was ready for them, caught them and they too are enjoying free food at her Majesty's service.

The guy and his family are and rightly so, ashamed of what he did and he/they will get over it in time. If you cant do the time, then dont so the crime simples.

my dear pls dont mind me jare,gues i let my emotions take d better part of me, right i weep for does involed in dis plane crash. Kids av been rendered fatherless,motherless,husbands losin wife,e.t.c God pls av mercy....
Re: What Will He Have To Do To Make It Up To His Familiy When He Leaves Prison? by mutter(f): 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
I guess what he has to do to make it up is to make sure he gets over it as fast as possible and that he integrates himself again as a useful member of society.
Prison sentences are meant for rehabilitation purposes and when he comes out he has served his term so don`t go sentencing him again but help him get up and keep moving.
my dear I admire you for standing to him at such age even though he is "just" your boyfriend.

(1) (Reply)

Marrying Ibo Women / What's Your MOOD Right Now? / I'm In Love With Actress Omotola's First Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.