Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

England Vs Croatia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Croatia (4536 Views)

FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) / Euro 2012 Predictions: Spain Vs Italy|| Ireland Vs Croatia 10/6/12 / U20 WC : Nigeria Vs Croatia (5 - 2) On Thursday 4th August @ 2am Nig Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Croatia by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2007
MClaren insists he won't resign after England debacle

Shame is not in some peoples dictionary.

England coach Steve McClaren insists he will not resign despite England's abject failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

After the 3-2 defeat at home to Croatia which saw Russia qualify for next summer's tournament ahead of his side, McClaren expressed his regret and offered an apology to the fans.

But the former Middlesbrough manager firmly insisted he would not stand down as national team boss.

He told BBC News 24: 'I'm not stepping down. Ultimately I take responsibility and I accept that. It was my job to get us qualified and I failed to do that.

'I don't want to discuss my future at the present moment. I am trying to get over that result.

'We feel exactly the same (as the fans), believe you me, we know how they are feeling. You should see the dressing room, they are so disappointed to have let so many people down.'

He added on Sky News: 'I pick the team and said over the 12 games I would be judged and I will be.'

Asked if he would resign, McClaren said: 'No. I have no intention of doing that.

'Obviously it's not for me to decide, I'm not discussing anything at this present moment.

'I am not looking to the future, I am thinking about this game, what could have been, what wasn't, and really how we get over this.'
Re: England Vs Croatia by bolaoni(m): 11:50pm On Nov 21, 2007
He doesn't have to resign dayo

HE WILL BE SACKED!

The whole nation is gutted by this abysmal display:

Check this out:

Stupid team selection, stupid team formation, stupid team motivation.

Bye Mcuseless. It should also be bye useless FA chiefs who appointed him but they will survive.

This is a disgrace to our football and the FA should spend less time preparing for a royal visit and more time providing the fans with what they want.

Thompson is a midget particularly when it comes to football.

Go and go now please.
Re: England Vs Croatia by jenni81(f): 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2007
Dont mind him he is waiting for sack.
Olodo.
Racism in England football is too pronouced. The real keeper in form is David James but due to his colour he was over looked.
Until they get it right i dont think they will make any head way. A country like England suppose to have a world class manager but due to the fact that they dont value anything that is not English they decended so low to appoint Steve.
Re: England Vs Croatia by Iman3(m): 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2007
Make dem sack the Andora manager immediately,his team was a disgrace grin
Re: England Vs Croatia by nnenneigbo(f): 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
jenni81:

Dont mind him he is waiting for sack.
Olodo.
Racism in England football is too pronouced. The real keeper in form is David James but due to his colour he was over looked.
Until they get it right i don't think they will make any head way. A country like England suppose to have a world class manager but due to the fact that they don't value anything that is not English they decended so low to appoint Steve.

na wah oh, what's racism got to do with david james( one howler of a keper)

I-man:

Make them sack the Andora manager immediately,his team was a disgrace grin

buhahahahaha, u're very funny. andora played even better, only conceeded once
Re: England Vs Croatia by Iman3(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2007
Great video: grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krM6erRs7M

jenni81:

Obviously,you haven't heard about "Calamity James".
Re: England Vs Croatia by jenni81(f): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2007
nnenneigbo:

na wah oh, what's racism got to do with david james( one howler of a keper)
What will u call the mistake for the first goal? the what again will you call the second goal in crotia. Cos he made mistake they dropped him like one kinda idiot. Racism is smelling everywhere there. This type of game need experiance and people that can take presure not the like of Carson.
Re: England Vs Croatia by nnenneigbo(f): 12:03am On Nov 22, 2007
all i know is summer will be sooo flippling boring now. even if we end up not doing well, at least the drama keeps us entertained. Chai, make i go sleep as the more i think about it the more depressed i get. we the fans always lose out. it sucks
Re: England Vs Croatia by nnenneigbo(f): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2007
james made countless mistakes, and he shouldn't be returned to england, let him stay in portsmouth, he can't handle big games at his club, no pressure so he looks fantastic. no racism there. lets not cry racism all the time for no reason. because when there's racsm, what will we cry then
Re: England Vs Croatia by jenni81(f): 12:06am On Nov 22, 2007
Sorry but u people need to sort yourself if you are white lol( Name his mistakes)
Goodnight and dont dream of it england lost the opportunity when they drew andora.
Re: England Vs Croatia by Iman3(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2007
"What's the first thing that an Englishman does after winning the World/Euro Cup?"
"He switches off his Playstation and goes to bed."
Re: England Vs Croatia by somze(f): 12:08am On Nov 22, 2007
England have not found the replacement for Seaman.

Nne, not Arsenal o, something else, something you were trying to achieve. Buzz me when u can, i'm cool now but sleepy and off to bed.

Take Care girl.
Re: England Vs Croatia by nnenneigbo(f): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2007
will do another time
Re: England Vs Croatia by romeo(m): 12:17am On Nov 22, 2007
Is England in west Africa? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: England Vs Croatia by Iman3(m): 12:41am On Nov 22, 2007
Should McClaren have played Michael Owen on Friday against Austria? Would have needed him today
Re: England Vs Croatia by bolaoni(m): 1:14am On Nov 22, 2007
He is clueless. there is no reason for that friendly at all.

he will go home and brood over his entire time as England's manager and will wish he had never lined up that game against Austria.

Why play a friendly at such a crucial time?

He was warned but he went on with it and lost his key man.

What if,
Re: England Vs Croatia by BlackMamba(m): 1:17am On Nov 22, 2007
Get ready for veiled bigots: "Too many foreigners are killing our football"
Re: England Vs Croatia by otele(m): 2:27am On Nov 22, 2007
when they lost in the world cup they blamed ronaldo grin grin grin grin grin grin now they want to blame foreign players grin grin grin grin

england is crap. simple. they donthave real stuff. no skilled players, overpaid over hypped, over rated, ruud gullit once told shearer when he was newcastle coach and shearer was newcastle and england captain, gullit told him to his face that he is the most over rated player he had ever seen grin grin grin grin grin grin hype hyper hypertension hyypia. . . . . . crouch's goal was good though, the only good thing england did in 90mins grin grin grin grin

england save them yet they cldn't take it, they wanted andorra to save them too grin grin grin

hoping on andorra grin grin grin grin

team wey don loose 29 games in a row grin grin grin grin grin enlgand dey pathetic joo, they would have reduced the level of euro '08 if they scaled thru grin grin grin grin i don laugh tire grin grin grin grin grin grin still dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin

obi kerekeke obi
england is out obi
scotland is out obi
wales no get hope obi
otele happy obi
good thing happen obi
let peave reign obi
dem bribe refree obi
get free penalty obi
dem bribe israle obi
get small lifelin obi
dem bribe croatia obi
croatia no gree obi
dem bribe andorra obi
andorra no fit obi
england don go obi
otele don happy obi
kerekeneke obi
deboski de sing obi
toshmann de vex obi
nnenne de cry obi
iman de jump obi
nairaland de write obi
seun make money obi
economy de grow obi
somebody loose moneyobi
england don go obi. . . . . . . . . . . . obi . . . . . . . . . . obi . . . . . . . . . . obi. . . . . . . . obi. . . . . obi
Re: England Vs Croatia by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On Nov 22, 2007
Otele, I am with you dancing too kererenke obi
Re: England Vs Croatia by dayokanu(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2007
I Think that new Wembly is the bad luck they should close it down and turn it to a car park.

And play their home games at Onikan stadium or Adamasingba stadium they would be welcome.
Re: England Vs Croatia by doyin13(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2007
@nneneigbo

what haterade infested water did you emerge from. . . angry

Dont diss any Pompey players you hear or else. . . angry

@topic

The English stars have one fundamental problem. Their reliance on the long ball.
They are almost victims of their own success.

The likes of Gerrard, Beckham and Lampard in midfield are so adept at passes of up to 60 yards
they tend to fall back on it too often.

Last nite the ball went to the flanks too early. Lampard and Gerrard should have attracted more Croatian midfielders to
the centre of the field with some short passing before releasing the ball to the flanks.

Too often the recipient on the flanks was crossing under duress without much impression on the Croatian defenders.
Re: England Vs Croatia by FBS: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2007
obi kerekeke obi
england is out obi
scotland is out obi
wales no get hope obi
otele happy obi
good thing happen obi
let peave reign obi

I Think that new Wembly is the bad luck they should close it down and turn it to a car park.

And play their home games at Onikan stadium or Adamasingba stadium they would be welcome.

kai, Naija people funny, !!! grin, I'm laughing my ribs off,
Re: England Vs Croatia by somze(f): 9:22am On Nov 22, 2007
I-man
That youtube was real funny man

Otele
Nice one

grin grin grin grin
Re: England Vs Croatia by mayordee(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2007
wait and see,those idiots will shift the blame to AW for not always playing their overhyped players in arsenal,
Re: England Vs Croatia by mukina2: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2007
mayordee:

wait and see,those idiots will shift the blame to AW for not always playing their overhyped players in arsenal,

my thoughts exactly . They have sacked Mc clown , they wil soon start their trash angry
Re: England Vs Croatia by larryR1: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2007
The English team suppose to have seen this coming. Croatia is a team to reckon with in terms of football worldwide.

Lack of preparation or late preparation can really affect a sleeping giant when it comes to competitions.

Now that they are out of Euro 08, what a shame on a whole English team that can boast of good players, and looking at their vibrant clubs, what an injury on them all! angry angry angry angry

Who will they blame this time?

Coach, Players, Governments, Referees, Fans,Governing body, Opponents, , ? lol grin grin

And a good lesson if we must learn at all in this country , that, gone are the days of big names in football

cos small countries like Guinea Bissau, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Swaziland, Rwanda,Burundi,, can disgrace us with 10-0

not to talk of Togo, Benin Republic,, who keep looking for how to destroy our defence cum net.

Wish them luck next tym sha.
Re: England Vs Croatia by TawaTemi1(f): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2007
The English team suppose to have seen this coming. Croatia is a team to reckon with in terms of football worldwide.

Lack of preparation or late preparation can really affect a sleeping giant when it comes to competitions.

Now that they are out of Euro 08, what a shame on a whole English team that can boast of good players, and looking at their vibrant clubs, what an injury on them all!      angry angry angry angry

Who will they blame this time?

Coach, Players, Governments, Referees, Fans,Governing body, Opponents, , ?  lol     grin grin

And a good lesson if we must learn at all in this country , that,  gone are the days of big names in football

cos small countries like Guinea Bissau, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Swaziland, Rwanda,Burundi,, can disgrace us with 10-0

not to talk of Togo, Benin Republic,, who  keep looking for how to destroy our defence cum net.

Wish them luck next tym sha.

Actually thats mine.
Just helped someone to sign up.
lol.
Re: England Vs Croatia by A40(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2007
Have you all seen why Le Prof wont touch English players with a 10-foot pole.Arsene knows

But for real in a group containing Russia, Croatia, Isreal and Andorra its pathetic if they cant play football let them stick to rugby so we know how many real teams like France,Italy,Germany Portugal and my team the Oranje Boys there are
Re: England Vs Croatia by somze(f): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
A-40:

Have you all seen why Le Prof wont touch English players with a 10-foot pole.Arsene knows

But for real in a group containing Russia, Croatia, Isreal and Andorra its pathetic if they can't play football let them stick to rugby so we know how many real teams like France,Italy,Germany Portugal and my team the Oranje Boys there are
Whats the name of the 17 year old striker in Arsenal again?

Where is he from?

And the left back you guys recently sold to Chelsea, what team did he play for?
Re: England Vs Croatia by rikkyjen(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2007
Gaddemmit, so much hate on England! Wetin 'em do una? Ofcos I rooted for the English cos of the stagnation my Club Boyz would face. This Euro 08 is suppose to bring out the scoring beast in Wazza. What about Rio? He has never played in an Euro (am i sure?).  Hargo, Carrick, Wes and others have a lot to loose. Thatsthe only reason, i rooted for 'em 3 lions!  sad sad sad
Re: England Vs Croatia by somze(f): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2007
Oh hush it, except Rooney and by a long shot Rio, no other Utd player is remotely needed in England.
Re: England Vs Croatia by chuckdee4(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2007
somze:

Whats the name of the 17 year old striker in Arsenal again?

Where is he from?

And the left back you guys recently sold to Chelsea, what team did he play for?

Wenger will only touch special English kids that can compete with the class he already has in his team, hence the fact we have Theo, Cole used to be one of the classy players we had but his greed got the best of him (Typical English player), the likes of Fat Frank, the yids from down the road and even Wright Phillips would not make it into our first team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Machester City Vs Chelsea 4pm today / Nigeria Defeats Burkina Faso 3-0 (WAFU U20 Women's Championships). / GLO - CAF Awards 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.