Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito (1633 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Jonathan Presidency Was A Disaster Foretold (1) / Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2012
He warned against a disaster like this, now it has happened but unfortunately involving his cousin and the wife
WHEN former Nigeria Airways pilot, Capt. Tito Omaghomi, told senior editorial staff of the Vanguard two weeks ago that another disaster was looming in the aviation industry as operators have started cutting corners and neglecting aircraft maintenance, the instant prayer on the lips of those present was: “May God save us.”
The fear on the faces of the 22 persons in the Editorial Conference Room, who are regular air travellers was palpable.
Capt. Tito Omaghomi
In a two-page interview published on May 21 following his visit to Vanguard, Omaghomi warned that operators were thinning out, checks on aircraft were becoming irregular and these might lead to crashes soon if the needful was not done.
Cutting corners
His words: “Talking about what is going on today, I was the one who coined the word “cutting corners” in the aviation industry during our interaction with the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in Abuja when Nigerian planeswere falling off the skies. I predicted that planes will continue to fall as long as people were cutting corners in theaviation industry.
“Today, you can quote me anywhere, operators are becoming very few, we know that pilots are given instructions, ‘if you have a snag in an aeroplane, do not put it on your technical logbook, write it on a piece of paper, when you land, give it to the engineer.’ What it means is that if the engineer is able to fix your snag, good; if he is unable to fix your snag, the aeroplane will go intoservice because there will be no evidence in the check log. As you know, the check log is the book anybody will go to…’No engineer that knows his onions will sign an aircraft off that this aircraft has an hydraulic leak, I have repaired it, it isgood to go. No engineer will put his hand in such a checklog, so to cut another way of passing them, write iton a piece of paper, give it to the engineer, this we have discovered. I have raised this alarm, we are becoming very cautious, the operators are becoming very cautious, and this is why we are having fewer accidents now.”
Two weeks after thisprophetic warning, although the cause of the accidents have not been disclosed, the caution of operators and stakeholders seems to have failed, yesterday, a black day as it were. The nation recorded two air crashes: An Allied Airplane Boeing727 cargo plane crashed in Accra killing 10 persons after colliding with a van; and a Dana passenger aircraft with 153 passengersin its bowels crashedin Iju, Lagos killing about 142 persons as of press time.
Speaking on the incidents, yesterday,Capt Omaghoni said he was on the site ofthe crash looking forhis cousin, Mr. Awani and the wife, who were on the Dana flight. “If I must tell, I came in from Abuja this morning. The whole of Rewane Dynasty were in Abuja for the marriage of my sister, who got married to Mr Okuku.We are looking for two members of our family, who were in that aircraft. I am at the site of the crash.I am doing an independent investigation.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/a-disaster-forewarned-im-looking-for-my-cousin-and-his-wife-capt-tito/
Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by tchaik(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2012
SOMEBODY PINGED ME THIS BROADCAST:

A survivors story
PWOJ: I was on this same dana plane 23 may. It was delayed from take off from mm2, I saw the Philippine mechanics with buckets draining out hydraulic fluid under the left side under carriage tyre mechanism, a part was taken out but not replaced, yet we were told to board. I told the flight supervisor my name that am an aerospace sys engr and am concerned at the operational state of the plane, the guy told me to see the pilot, I did, he was a Caribbean decent capt & nw zealand asian looking co pilot, he confirmed work was done and asked how I knew, I said I saw it from d windows of the airport and the part was not replaced that I aslo saw the mechanics Philippine & indian guys under the plane, he told me don't worry if its not ok we won't fly. I pinged my family and friends of wot I saw and the names of the people I spoke to. Should anything happen as well as asking that the plane is taken off but am just a simple powerless passenger. We landed and the pilot waited at d door to shake me as to say I told u. Sadly this plane wasn't taken off service to sort out the hydraulic leak or landing gear problem because it was still making money for indians in Dana, now Dana plane has killed my friend Ehime, levy & ijeamaka & 150 others. All because they refused a simple precaution advice over their financial wants. My story can be checked from dana airline/mm2 logs. May God burn you all in Dana.
PLS Send this to mr president governors senators reps nigerians &even to people selling Dana products anywhere before its covered up
Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 04, 2012
tchaik: SOMEBODY PINGED ME THIS BROADCAST:

A survivors story
PWOJ: I was on this same dana plane 23 may. It was delayed from take off from mm2, I saw the Philippine mechanics with buckets draining out hydraulic fluid under the left side under carriage tyre mechanism, a part was taken out but not replaced, yet we were told to board. I told the flight supervisor my name that am an aerospace sys engr and am concerned at the operational state of the plane, the guy told me to see the pilot, I did, he was a Caribbean decent capt & nw zealand asian looking co pilot, he confirmed work was done and asked how I knew, I said I saw it from d windows of the airport and the part was not replaced that I aslo saw the mechanics Philippine & indian guys under the plane, he told me don't worry if its not ok we won't fly. I pinged my family and friends of wot I saw and the names of the people I spoke to. Should anything happen as well as asking that the plane is taken off but am just a simple powerless passenger. We landed and the pilot waited at d door to shake me as to say I told u. Sadly this plane wasn't taken off service to sort out the hydraulic leak or landing gear problem because it was still making money for indians in Dana, now Dana plane has killed my friend Ehime, levy & ijeamaka & 150 others. All because they refused a simple precaution advice over their financial wants. My story can be checked from dana airline/mm2 logs. May God burn you all in Dana.
PLS Send this to mr president governors senators reps nigerians &even to people selling Dana products anywhere before its covered up
May God save us.
Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by unclejoe2: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2012
Crown polytechnic offers admission without JAMB/UTME..Very affordable and wowing school fees!!!...its jas ur SSCE..don't get scared Crownpoly was rated the best second polytechnic in Nig. (Google it for more info on that).Are u tired of stayin ahome n re-writin d UTME n SSCE now n Den?.Awaiting Result are consider too....for more info call 07033276732
Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by Piyke: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2012
uncle.joe1:
Crown polytechnic offers admission without JAMB/UTME..Very affordable and wowing school fees!!!...its jas ur SSCE..don't get scared Crownpoly was rated the best second polytechnic in Nig. (Google it for more info on that).Are u tired of stayin ahome n re-writin d UTME n SSCE now n Den?.Awaiting Result are consider too....for more info call 07033276732

angry angry angry angry Do you not have any respect for the pain that Nigerians are going through? angry angry Cant you go and open your thread somewhere. Please stop this!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
uncle.joe1:
You should have open a thread for this, you're making it look as if the school is student starved whereas it's not so.
Re: A Disaster Forewarned: I’m Looking For My Cousin And His Wife- Capt Tito by velo10: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
Dana airlines is gonna take big heat for this shit. May the souls of the passengers including the Chinese, Indian and other nationals rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

First African City Edition Of Monopoly Launched In Nigeria's Largest City, Lagos / Examination Malpractice In Nigeria, Who Is To Blame? / President Jonathan Receives Thunderous Applause In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.