Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) (18486 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Peterwins(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
Tragic and avoidable air disaster!!! My heartfelt condolences to all friends and families of the departed souls. May GOD comfort you all. If it is true (haven't researched it yet) that most airplane crashes during the weekend in Nigeria, then it will be a good start for the investigators to find out if there are less stringent regulations such as proper checks, personnel adequacy, etc during the weekend (Saturday & Sunday) in Nigeria. It is also important for the government at this moment to monitor DANA AIR covertly in case they try to hide any skeletons in their cupboard. Unusual movements of their assets could trigger a red flag for any discerning government especially if it will be prejudicial to freeze their assets for now. For DANA AIR employees it might be the time to start seeking employment else where as this may just be the end of the road for DANA AIR.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by slimantai(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ournaija: Indians and Lebanese dont have time to follow protocol when doing business. I wouldn`t be surprised if the passengers weren`t covered by any insurance policy. Nigeria is a junk Yard. Why do you think they love doing biz in this country? For the love of it? Na. Anything goes here.

As we are speaking, it possible the Indians would have carried their briefcase and shift base to Ghana.

What a country we are born into.
grin[quote author=Ournaija]Indians and Lebanese dont have time to follow protocol when doing business. I wouldn`t be surprised if the passengers weren`t covered by any insurance policy. Nigeria is a junk Yard. Why do you think they love doing biz in this country? For the love of it? Na. Anything goes here.

As we are speaking, it possible the Indians would have carried their briefcase and shift base to Ghana.

don't worry bro things will soon get bett, we're almost there!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by sylve11: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
Seriously, these guys ( Minister of Nigeria Civil Aviation, Dana and them rest) need to be put on board to one of those bad (faulty) air crafts, then allow them to crash inside atlantic ocean. then their families can collect N16million each for their lost ones. Not a bad idea. sad sad cool
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by livapul86(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
Unfortunately, It seems no one is asking serious questions about the victims on the ground. They are Equally unfortunate victims of the disaster and should be factored in the compensation plan. Some Kids in the crashed buildings have been orphaned by the negligence of Dana, they shouldn't be abandoned because they didn't buy an air-ticket.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by crackhouse(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
kunletiwoo: Good Report
that's if they will pay. Na Naija we dey, anything fit happen. With the help of our corrupt officials, they fit manouver their way out.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by freshmoney(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
That hellish money can never substitute the lost ones! In stead, ensure this incident does not repeat itself. To Jonathan: Discontinue all corrupt officials in aviation ministry! To Dana, get your butt off Nigeria! Nonsense!!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by kandiikane(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
abiki:

Go knack your head for wall if e dey pain you.

Neeh, I'll pass.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by crackhouse(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
2013: They can pay compensation for their body but who can compensate their soul?[img][/img]
for those that did good while on earth, God will compensate their soul but for the bad ones, devil will definitely stretch out his hands to carry them.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by AabuBlack: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
wonder wonder wonder!!! how many road accident victims families get to clear their insurance
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Sike(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
O.K
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by daniel205(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
As 4 me,money can not buy life or bring back the smil faces of those peopleembarassed

Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by water4qb: 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
daniel205: As 4 me,money can not buy life or bring back the smil faces of those peopleembarassed

are these 2 youngmen victims of the crash ?
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by babyboy3(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ournaija: Indians and Lebanese dont have time to follow protocol when doing business. I wouldn`t be surprised if the passengers weren`t covered by any insurance policy. Nigeria is a junk Yard. Why do you think they love doing biz in this country? For the love of it? Na. Anything goes here.

Well I guess they should start selling off their planes, who knows they should recycle all their planes create metal spoons and chairs

Libya agrees Lockerbie compensation payout
Share 0

Email
Staff and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 29 April 2003 15.24 BST
Libya will pay $10m (£6.3m) to each of the 270 victims of the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing after accepting civil responsibility for the blast, the country's foreign minister, Abdel Rahman Shalgham, said today.
"My country has accepted civil responsibility for the actions of its officials in the Lockerbie affair, in conformity with international civil law and the agreement reached in London in March by Libyan, American and British officials," he said.

According to Agence France-Presse, Mr Shalgham said that full payment was conditional on UN sanctions against Libya being lifted after payment of an initial instalment of $4m to each victim, and US sanctions following a similar payment.

After payment of the final instalment of $2m, Libya would ask to be removed from the US list of countries supporting terrorism, he added.

The total sum of $2.7bn was the same as US officials, on March 12, said that Libya had offered as compensation in talks with the US and Britain.

They also said that Tripoli was prepared to assume limited responsibility for the downing of Pan Am flight 103, something it has previously refused to do.

The Boeing 747 blew up and crashed over Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway, on December 21 1988, after taking off from London. All 259 people on board, and another 11 on the ground, were killed.

In January 2001, a Scottish court sitting in the Netherlands convicted Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi, one of two Libyan agents charged with the bombing, and sentenced him to life in prison. His appeal was rejected in March last year.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/apr/29/lockerbie.world
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by moilovie: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Rubish why should the issue of money come up now..... Will it bring back the dead? will it wipe away the tear??
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by blackknight1: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
ZUBY77: In that case, i will be encouraging my enemy relatives to fly Dana or Air Nigeria.

be careful of wat u ask for
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by abiki(f): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
kandiikane:

Neeh, I'll pass.
grin grin grin grin grin. Naija is so fustrating. Just trying to have fun
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by dabrake(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
but come to think of it, if the indians wouldn't take human life, something so precious, seriously, do you think they will pay about $15.3 million?

i dey watch
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Akilokazeem(m): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
paying this money to the relative of the victims is just lke wasting money.if each relative of 153 victims are to be paid such amount,then it means that nigeria don't have any thing to do with money because over 1billion naira whould be spent when nigeria is still a developing country..........
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by cold(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
Akilo kazeem: paying this money to the relative of the victims is just lke wasting money.if each relative of 153 victims are to be paid such amount,then it means that nigeria don't have any thing to do with money because over 1billion naira whould be spent when nigeria is still a developing country..........

Huh!Are you serious?It's been written over & over again that the Insurance firm doing business with Dana Air will pay out the compensation yet you still didn't get it.Besides even if it was the FG paying are you saying the Family & relatives of the deceased do not deserve it because Nigeria is a developing country?You got jokes
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
Dipwater: Can somebody pls post the number of those dat lost their lives on the ground level .hope they wuld be compensated too

close to 63 people where killed on ground, when the plane crashed.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Akilo kazeem: paying this money to the relative of the victims is just lke wasting money.if each relative of 153 victims are to be paid such amount,then it means that nigeria don't have any thing to do with money because over 1billion naira whould be spent when nigeria is still a developing country..........

What loads of rubbish are you going on about? Are they using Nigerian money to pay the victims?

If you are looking for billions to develop Nigeria then ask just one member of parliament, they stole more than that in a year.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by escobar07(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
To pay them fit take like forever.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Impulse80(m): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
I wish my grandma died in that plane crash.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by defbond1: 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Assuming Dana is not insured by Jimoh Ibrahim's Nicon Insurance or any other Nigerian company!!!
Also lets assume the crash cause is identified as purely accidental. Cos if not genuine or if the terms of the insurance have been violated (I hope it's not but in Nigeria, highly possible), then we can rest assured they will be compensated.
My heart still bleeds for Nigeria.
I could have been on that plane.
I came into Nigeria briefly and i remember my sister telling me to fly dana btw ABJ-LAG. Thank God i stuck to Arik after the only aero i took made loads of noise in the air and struggled with its tyres . As a matter of fact i left naija before the end of my visit as i got fed up with everything.
How long are we going to continue and say God Help Us? Heaven help those who help themselves they say.
The people have to stand up and demand justice. i had a flicker of hope during the subsidy rally, but just like that, NLC decieved us again as usual. I cant stop crying for the untimely loss of 153 lives and for Nigeria

kandiikane:

No, it doesn't but the money will come in to good use e.g funeral costs and for many who lost their breadwinners, it will help them.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Amecharaovoko(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Relatives - Is the money divided amongst all the relatives?

Because if so I'm related to at least 6 people on that flight?

What is my estimated cut?

sounds less matured
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by I2likewoman: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
CHESSBOARD: THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT WILL EQUATE THESE LOST ONES, I BELIEVE MANY PPLE DAT DIED IN THIS CRASH HAVE MORE THAN $100K IN THEIR ACCOUNT ALREADY angry

Please stop typing in CAPS LOCK, you are hurting my eyes
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by tlops(m): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
kandiikane: Seriously, 160 people- oh so they didn't count those below ground? that's about $625 for each victim's family. What a big fat joke!

$653, about the same. Big fat joke!

Its because it's Africa. :-/ They should be payings thousands to each family.

No, Each family gets 100.000 USD.

Hopefully they pay those on ground the same amount.

May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by sandy409(m): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT LOST THEIR LIVES,THAT WERE ON THE STREET & IN THE HOUSE, WHO WILL PAY?
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Annieb2: 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
There should be same compensation for those dat the plane crushed on
Ground. What of the buildings? Ȋ̝̊̅§ the airline going to rebuild? What of their properties that was destroyed in the inferno?
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by member479760: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
CHESSBOARD: THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT WILL EQUATE THESE LOST ONES, I BELIEVE MANY PPLE DAT DIED IN THIS CRASH HAVE MORE THAN $100K IN THEIR ACCOUNT ALREADY angry

You are right - na rich people dey fly for naija. hope dey compensate those affected on the ground.

When den go start paying the money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wigwe, Yakowa, Prominent Nigerians Who Died In Plane Crashes / FG Suspends 100 Passports Of Passengers Who Refused Post-Arrival COVID-19 Test / Anambra Women Pushing A Vehicle After It Broke Down On A Muddy Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.