Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) (18485 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by librangyps(f): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2012
What about those on ground, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their sitting room, passersby, hawker, omg!...this is so sad, I didn't lose a relative on that flight but I feel deeply sad like I lost a nation... I can't imagine what d families ar goin thru. Hope the collection of compensation is not a rigorous exercise. And someone pls giv us statistics bout those on ground and any info bout theirs?
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2012
Relatives - Is the money divided amongst all the relatives?

Because if so I'm related to at least 6 people on that flight?

What is my estimated cut?

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by ypzilanti: 11:54am On Jun 05, 2012
Insurance payment excludes criminal prosecution and vicarious liability. If the families take the airline to court and it is proven that the airline was negligent, the payment will be in billions. It's just that such a process plus the appeals will probably take 15 or more years. I beleieve it is worth trying, sha. NBA should offer thier services in prosecuting this as a public service so as to discourage the airline owners from this risk taking for money.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by babyboy3(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2012
Another avenue to embezzle money
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by jude33084(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2012
angry angry BLOOD MONEY angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Relatives - Is the money divided amongst all the relatives of the deceased?

Who amongst the relatives are entitled to claim?

Parents? Cousins? Husbands? Wifes? Sibblings? Uncles? Aunts? Nieces? Nephews? Grandparents?

Wahala awaits . . . The compensation/money issue will tear families apart - Thats typical of Naija!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Tinkybabe(f): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
It's so sad cry!no amount of money can equate the lives lost... but the monetary compensation is not bad
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by manny4life(m): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is what "cutting corners" gets Dana Airlines. The Insurance Carrier should launch an investigation, should they find serious negligence and deficit on their part, they should not pay. In addition, I hope Dana Air understand that this ICAO Compensation does not exempt them from both criminal and civil lawsuits. Hopefully, by the time they're left hanging, they'll go bankrupt and shut down.

Nwa_Nimo:

Who amongst the relatives are entitled to claim?

Parents? Cousins? Husbands? Wifes? Sibblings? Uncles? Aunts? Nieces? Nephews? Grandparents?

Wahala awaits . . . The compensation/money issue will tear families apart - Thats typical of Naija!

It's stipulated by ICAO, most likely the immediate family (spouse and children), unless in the absence of spouse and children, then it will be parents. That is how I think they'll base their hierarchy.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by stagger: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
kandiikane: Seriously, 160 people- oh so they didn't count those below ground? that's about $625 for each victim's family. What a big fat joke!

$653, about the same. Big fat joke!

Its because it's Africa. :-/ They should be payings thousands to each family.

It is $100,000 to EACH of the families. Read before you write!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by NwaNimo1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
manny4life: This is what "cutting corners" gets Dana Airlines. The Insurance Carrier should launch an investigation, should they find serious negligence and deficit on their part, they should not pay. In addition, I hope Dana Air understand that this ICAO Compensation does not exempt them from both criminal and civil lawsuits. Hopefully, by the time they're left hanging, they'll go bankrupt and shut down.

What a rash statement.

Has the cause of the crash been established?

Would pilot error remove liability from DANA AIR management?

If the insurance company were to launch an investigation, do you think they would be biased in their findings in order to get out of making a payment?

What crime would be Airline be charged with if and by what authority?

Can a civil and criminal case be brought simultaneously?
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by AroOkigbo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
*at all, at all*
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by ukpaku: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
CHESSBOARD: THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT WILL EQUATE THESE LOST ONES, I BELIEVE MANY PPLE DAT DIED IN THIS CRASH HAVE MORE THAN $100K IN THEIR ACCOUNT ALREADY angry
weda don colet or not d ppl no go com bak again
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by dabrake(m): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
will N64m bring back Mr Anyene's family? Is it enough to make him recover from the shock/trauma of losing his entire family in a day? Coming from an indian firm, will they even pay them!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by mekaboy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
THE INDIAN MANAGEMENT SHOULD ALL BE IN PRISON FIRST WHILE PAYMENT IS MADE FOR DAMAGES, THEN AFTER THAT, THEY WILL TELL NIGERIANS WHY THEY AUTHORIZED A FAULTY FLIGHT TO CARRY INNOCENT CITIZENS . angry angry
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by manny4life(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

What a rash statement.

Has the cause of the crash been established?

Would pilot error remove liability from DANA AIR management?

If the insurance company were to launch an investigation, do you think they would be biased in their findings in order to get out of making a payment?

What crime would be Airline be charged with if and by what authority?

Can a civil and criminal case be brought simultaneously?

What is rash about my statement...

The cause of crash isn't unknown but Insurance carriers do carry out their own investigation, they have their own investigators and experts. Cause of crash is different from determining who is negligent or not.

I never mentioned about pilot error, how can you blame a pilot?

That Insurance Companies may or may not be biased not if they're paying $100,000 x 153 is not the issue. Do you think they'll just dole out? I'm no insurance expert, but having followed a few aviation disasters, most likely those that are management's negligence, insurance do not pay up those claims, in fact, the airline pays it and then drag the insurance company to court. Sometimes, insurance will split the cost if they feel they have an obligation to do so.

As in the U.S., if they are found to maliciously endanger lives, then it's called manslaughter. They won't be the first aviation executives to get nailed. What other authority other than the Justice Department? NCAA might slam them a huge punitive penalty, but DOJ is responsible for the prosecution on behalf of the govt.

They cannot shield themselves from both. Although, like I've often seen, while both cases can go on at the same time, expert advisory do suggest that the civil case go first (after thorough accident review), before criminal prosecution.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
money is not an epuivalent of life
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by abiki(f): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
kandiikane:

If I couldn't read would I be here. Which kine kwesun be this?

It was a simple mistake!!

And why are you correcting when people have already done so? Ah, you want to be part of the crowd?

I could ask you the same. Are you ok? Can you not see that I have been corrected?

Go knack your head for wall if e dey pain you.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Wisdytech(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
Hmmm! Some people will claim to have somebody as casulty... And i wil change their name to ÇLEMENt!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by bendazum: 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
Rubbish,Nonsense.Are human lives now being equated to monetary terms?Arrant nonsense.But come o,some of these victims never saw that kind of money in their life time o.Sharap and so what?Close down dem darn a airport!
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by eunisam: 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
na big men dey die for plane. e no concern meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by ochukoccna: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
manny4life: This is what "cutting corners" gets Dana Airlines. The Insurance Carrier should launch an investigation, should they find serious negligence and deficit on their part, they should not pay. In addition, I hope Dana Air understand that this ICAO Compensation does not exempt them from both criminal and civil lawsuits. Hopefully, by the time they're left hanging, they'll go bankrupt and shut down.

Not just going bankrupt but for 'em to be thrown in jail;preferably Gashua or Kirikiri embarassed embarassed embarassed
Heard a chap [Aviation mag publisher] stating expressing this morning on Cool FM that the plane had issues and that an engineer went to patch it up in Abuja for the flight so as to be brought to Lagos to effect repairs which could not be done in Abuja
If true, did they have to fly passengers on it? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Knowing Indians and how they operate in Nigeria regarding finances, I believe the plane [size=18pt]DEFINITELY HAD ISSUES[/size] but the Indians were out t make a quick buck
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by manny4life(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
ochukoccna:

Not just going bankrupt but for 'em to be thrown in jail;preferably Gashua or Kirikiri embarassed embarassed embarassed
Heard a chap [Aviation mag publisher] stating expressing this morning on Cool FM that the plane had issues and that an engineer went to patch it up in Abuja for the flight so as to be brought to Lagos to effect repairs which could not be done in Abuja
If true, did they have to fly passengers on it? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Knowing Indians and how they operate in Nigeria regarding finances, I believe the plane [size=18pt]DEFINITELY HAD ISSUES[/size] but the Indians were out t make a quick buck

Thank you. You seem to see my point better. The airplane had issues, serious fatal problems that shouldn't require pax on board, YET, they still flew passengers, and you expect the insurance to pay claims whereas in your contract, it does stipulate that, to minimize risk, you shouldn't do so, in fact, you violated your own contract. This is the part that Insurance will investigate heavily on. They will take deposition, interview different witnesses, to the effect of management negligence. While all records of DANA has been sealed away for now, if they subpoena for the records, and they look into their maintenance logs, and it's a disaster, you think Insurance will cover it?

They are luck they're not here, their license would have been temporarily "suspended", while at it, the DOJ will get an order to freeze all your assets, take you into custody for interview and keep on you watch. Executives that went through that never came out of it in one piece. I wish they're treated the same way...
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by brosB: 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Will that pay 4 the lost,ope they are even able 2 pay on time
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by norrisman: 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ Manny4life

I am afraid you are talking rubbish. The passengers are third parties and even if it was found out that DANA operated the flight with a danfo driver at the controls, they compensation to the families of passengers will still be paid.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by manny4life(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
norrisman: @ Manny4life

I am afraid you are talking rubbish. The passengers are third parties and even if it was found out that DANA operated the flight with a danfo driver at the controls, they compensation to the families of passengers will still be paid.

Well, thank you. Acknowledged.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by henchez7(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
The money should be given to them but still no amount of money is good enough to put back this unbearable lost. The tragedy is too much, am deeply sadened over it. May their souls rest in perfect peace, AMEN....
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
16 milliee Wtf!!!! Who's gonna die for me
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Zilja(f): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: Relatives - Is the money divided amongst all the relatives?

YOU DON'T GET A CUT!!!!

If it were your immediate family member (mother, father, sister brother) then yes you would possibly get something. $$$

That's whats wrong with most, always looking for a dime.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Samsamy: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
May their souls rest in peace. Amen. So sorry, oh uwho have lost ur love once on the plane crash.
Re: Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) by Ournaija: 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
Indians and Lebanese dont have time to follow protocol when doing business. I wouldn`t be surprised if the passengers weren`t covered by any insurance policy. Nigeria is a junk Yard. Why do you think they love doing biz in this country? For the love of it? Na. Anything goes here.

As we are speaking, it possible the Indians would have carried their briefcase and shift base to Ghana.

What a country we are born into.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wigwe, Yakowa, Prominent Nigerians Who Died In Plane Crashes / FG Suspends 100 Passports Of Passengers Who Refused Post-Arrival COVID-19 Test / Eid-el-fitr: Lagos To Osogbo Free Train: Departure Time, Location, Other Detai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.