Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! (1074 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / The Parents Of Oshiomhole's Wife, Lara Fortes (Photo) / Donald Duke And Wife Visit Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by onomeasike: 2:49am On Jun 06, 2012
Without doubt,judging the antecedent of this current govt (from jonathan,his wife,his minsters etc)and their penchant for taking Nigerians for a ride,I want to believe,until proven otherwise,that it is true that indeed it was the 2 hour closure of the airspace by security operatives attached to Patience Jonathan that kept the ill fated DANA airplane in the air until it ran out of fuel and eventually crash landed,that it is impossible that a 60 minutes air journey departing Abuja around 2pm should land in Lagos later than 3pm without any stopover ,and that the plane crashed around 3:30-4pm means it was in air for almost half an hour until it ran out of fuel.
That,I recall with sadness,I was once a victim of the lawlessness of these characters of the same patience jonathan when I was held up for hours in traffic because she was in town,despite the uproar that greeted that irresponsible act of her visit,she never apologised or issued a condemnation of that sad event nor showed remorse for the agony her visit may have caused to people who have to be moved urgently due to health emergencies or the huge financial costs to lagosians.
Quite characteristically,exactly 2 weeks after that incident,this same woman went to Warri and did the same thing ,she shut down warri for hours because of her private visit to open a beauty shop!In the midst of all these irresponsible conduct by the the wife of jonathan,at no point in time did Jonathan bothered to apologise on behalf of her wife or even curtailed such misdemeanour of her wife.That definitely,confirms the rumour that Jonathan can not call his wife to order.
Now,the same spinmasters and Jonathan,who did nothing to scold ,correct or act responsible in defence of the rights of Nigerians when these woman called Patience Jonathan was inflicting woes on hapless Nigerians during her numerous vanity visits,are busy spinning propaganda and underhand tactics to do a damage control now want us to beleive them.A few question suffices

Where was Jonathan when his wife was "killing" nigerians by shutting down cities during her visits to lagos ,Ibadan and warri?
Where were they when fashola was complaining about ireesponsible conduct of an unelected patience jonathan?

I know,all the regulatory agencies(from NCAA,ministry of aviation,local media,house of reps,senate etc) constitutionally empowered to conduct investigation into this sad event will be compromised and will return a -not guilty verdict for patience jonathan.All of them need one or more favour from the presidency!

The potential losers no doubt have started emerging,the families of the unfortunate ones who died in the air mishap and expectedly DANA Air.In power play/politics,these guys are the gunieapigs to be sacrificed to protect deeply entrenched interests such as the presidency but I strongly believe they have a good case,if the take their case to International Court for arbitration.The humanright of those people on the flight have been violently violated just like it happened during past patience jonathan" visit.The blood of these dead ones will be upon the head of all those who have a hand in their death even if the govt denies it or not!
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by onomeasike: 3:23am On Jun 06, 2012
imagine this kind of report and still you want me to believe it was not patience Jonathan that caused the airspace to be shut resulting in the death of those people.Like husband like wife!

[b]Power show Jonathan locks Oshiomhole out of Benin By Our Reporter Sunday, February 27 , 2011 In an apparent display of presidential powers, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday locked out the Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, some of his aides as well as other commercial passengers from Benin City, where ironically Oshiomhole is chief executive. The President’s security apparatus, The Sun learnt, simply shut down the Benin airspace over what it called ‘VIP’ movement. President Jonathan was said to be returning from neighbouring Delta State where he had gone for campaigns for the forthcoming April polls. So, for over 45 minutes, after it got to Benin, the Air Nigeria plane, which left the domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport at 8.30 am, hovered in the skies, unable to land. Running dangerously low on fuel, the pilot had to return to Lagos, amid hisses and curses by enraged passengers, many of whom had different engagements to catch up with in Benin, Warri, and neighbouring cities. Oshiomhole, himself, was returning from Lagos where he had gone to attend The Sun Man of the Year Award as a special guest and was billed to address a campaign rally in Owan local government area of the state. Oshiomhole, it was gathered, had left his hotel suite at Victoria Island as early as 7.30 am in order to beat the traffic and meet the early morning flight. He did not reckon he would be trapped in the air due to the now notorious ‘VIP’ movement. He and the other stranded passengers eventually took the rescheduled flight at noon. Even though Oshiomhole refused to speak on the incident, other embarrassed and enraged passengers, who spoke to The Sun condemned the tyrannical practice of shutting down the airspace in the guise of VIP movement. John, a chattered accountant, who was on the flight said: “This kind of uncivilised behaviour must stop. We are not in the jungle. How can you shut down the airspace because the president, vice-president, senate president[/b]
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by naptu2: 4:52am On Jun 06, 2012
Patience Jonathan not responsible for crash –Govt

June 6, 2012 by Oyetunji Abioye and Olalekan Adetayo

There was controversy on Tuesday over the alleged closure of the nation’s airspace for a Presidential jet carrying the wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, to land in Lagos on Sunday.

The closure was said to have prevented the pilot of the distressed Dana Air’s plane from making an emergency landing at the airport.

But the Ministry of Aviation denied the report, saying the President’s wife came to Lagos on Saturday and not Sunday.

Reports circulated through Facebook and BlackBerry Messenger on Tuesday had claimed that although the Dana plane had an engine failure, the distressed aircraft could have made it to the airport if it was not delayed by the VIP movement.

The social media also said the Presidential movement on Sunday affected some owners of private jets who were forced to story in the air for some times.

But a statement by the Special Assistant (Media) to the Minister of Aviation, Mr. Joe Obi, said the airspace was never closed for the First Lady on Sunday.

He said, “There is a widely circulating rumour that the airspace was closed to facilitate the First Lady’s movement and that that was partly responsible for the Dana plane crash of Sunday June 3, 2012. The Federal Ministry of Aviation will like to clarify that nothing could be farther from the truth.

“For the records, we wish state that the First Lady arrived in Lagos at about 4.45pm on Saturday, 2nd June, 2012 and only departed for Abuja on Monday, the 4th of June, 2012 at 1.30pm, whereas the ill-fated Dana flight 0992 departed Abuja on Sunday, 3rd of June, 2012 at 2.54pm and its last contact with the Lagos Control Tower was at 3.42pm as has already been announced. We wish to stress that the First Lady did not fly on Sunday, the 3rd of June, 2012 as is widely been speculated.”

An air traffic controller at the Lagos airport, who spoke under condition of anonymity, also said the airport did not record any Presidential movement on Sunday.

According to the official, an air traffic controller on duty on Sunday had told him earlier there was no time the “airfield was sterilised” for any VIP on Sunday.

In a statement by her Special Assistant, Mr. Ayo Osinlu, the wife of the president described the report as an orchestrated plan to politicise the Sunday crash.

She said it was “callous, inhuman and devilish” for anyone to have thought of wrapping such national calamity in political garb by insinuating that the plane crashed because the airspace was closed for her movement in Lagos.

“In compliance with her itinerary, the First Lady arrived Lagos on Saturday. She was at a public event on Sunday when the accident occurred and promptly abandoned the ceremony as a mark of respect for the victims and retired to the State House, Marina. She left Lagos at exactly 13.15hrs on Monday, 4th June, 2012, according to schedule.

“It is therefore surprising that some mischievous persons will see this moment of national mourning as an opportunity to blackmail and impugn the First Lady’s integrity.

“This is the time for all Nigerians to be sober and pray for the repose of the souls of the victims and not a time to subordinate the interests of our nation to narrow self-serving interests.

“Let us all put the interest of the nation first in whatever we do.”

The message which necessitated Mrs. Jonathan’s reaction had read in part, “Is there any way of getting confirmation about news I’m just getting that the Dana plane was distressed for a while but could not make an emergency landing because the airspace was closed for 2 hours for – the Presidential Jet carrying Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

“Private jet owners who had to hover in the air same time leaked this. This was apparently the reason local news didn’t report the crash for so long till CNN and foreign news stations started reporting it.

“Local news was ‘blacked out’ trying to kill the story of the airspace being closed while a distressed plane couldn’t land.”

A source however said, “It would be shocking if so. Though there was engine failure, there was still time for the plane to have landed apparently.

“You do know anyway that the airspace is closed for up to two hours each time the Presidential Jet needs to go into the air; two hours for a 15-minute takeoff or landing!”

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-not-responsible-for-crash-govt/
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by CyberG: 5:08am On Jun 06, 2012
How come the plane since arriving from Abuja did not land for about another 1 hour if the airspace was not shut-down?
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by naptu2: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2012
Ok, so this is what I've got so far.

1) I passed by Oriental Hotels a few minutes before 4pm (on my way from Lekki to the Mainland) and saw the First Lady's motorcade parked outside.

2) I first heard about the plane crash while I was at the Law School junction.

3) I also got the broadcast about the Dana plane being delayed because of VIP movement.

4) The broadcast was posted on a nairaland thread, but a pilot, on that thread, claimed that a distressed plane would have been given priority over the presidential jet (however, we know rules are not always followed)

5) Article above states that the first lady flew in to Lagos on saturday and left on monday (plane crash happened on sunday)

6) If I remember correctly, there's another thread on nairaland in which it was stated that a Dana Air plane had problems and couldn't land (I think it was at Uyo or Calabar).
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by Murphy7h4: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]sure thing
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by jimmyboy1010(m): 7:37am On Jun 06, 2012
CyberG: How come the plane since arriving from Abuja did not land for about another 1 hour if the airspace was not shut-down?
What do you expect from presidendy... They will definitely defend their criminality!.
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by inspirenet: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2012
could it be that the movement was postponed cos of the crash
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by naptu2: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2012
The Punch say they spoke to an air traffic controller who stated that the airspace was not closed (sterilised) on sunday.
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2012
the only paper with the guts to report what actually happened 234next is dead

the black box is the only way we will get to th bottom of this

i sincerely hope it is out of the country

the gej monkeyboys can continue to blather about hate , but we know the man's precedents
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by naptu2: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2012
And now there's this:

I am responding to the rumor mongers because of the involvement of the script writers of those that wish to heat up the polity of Nigeria at every event or given opportunity. Like they have always done, using every opportunity to make Nigeria ungovernable. Why would a group of people in different disguises want to play politics with this sad event just to get back to political rivals or superiors?

This morning, reports from one Ade Atobatele....Information Technology and Services has filtered the air. Don't know which of the firms that is, claimed that the Dana Airline misfortune was caused by the closure of airspace for the first lady's aircraft. He was quoted as saying he was informed by a pilot of a private Jet that also had to hover in the air for 2 hours 15mins before the airspace opened for landing. He has conned his story that the social, electronic and print media has started reporting it without verifying his source.
Let Ade Atobatele (if he does exist) and Nigerians know that the Nigerian Air space can only be closed for 10 minutes only when an Aircraft conveying the President approaches an airport and 10 minutes after landing. A total accumulation of 20 minutes by regulations. And let Ade and Nigerians also note that the Air space can never be closed for an aircraft conveying the first lady or any other individual in Nigeria. Let Nigerians know that regulations gives a code red preference to any aircraft on "May Day" (in danger) distress against any other aircraft even if it's presidential. A presidential will be asked to divert towards a military airbase in case of a conflict in interest of landing. As we are aware, flight 0992 had called for MAY DAY 11mins before its ETA (estimated time of arrival) at 11 mins, the aircraft had prepared for landing. No aircraft is allowed to prepare for landing in an airspace that is closed. 20mins to landing, an aircraft as large as the boeing MD-83 can only commence descend from its cruise altitude.
Where then is the logic in Ade's story?
Let Ade also take note that the traffic control unit at the airport has confirmed that the air space was actually closed for 15mins for the Dana Air flight 0992 to perform an emergency landing before the unfortunate incidence.
Please I admonish all readers to disregard the allegation against the office and person of the First lady in their attempt to incite Nigerians.
Remember not to act or play part of the script written by those that promised to make Nigerian.
While we all pray that the Good Lord grants Nigerians and most especially the families of those that lost their lives to the sad incident the fortitude to bear the loss.

The Allegations.

"Is there any way of getting confirmation about news I'm just getting that the Dana plane was distressed for a while but could not make an emergency landing because the airspace was closed for 2 hours for - the Presidential Jet carrying Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

Private jet owners who had to hover in the air same time leaked this. This was apparently the reason local news didn't report the crash for so long till CNN and foreign news stations started reporting it.

Local news was 'blacked out' trying to kill the story of the airspace being closed while a distressed plane couldn't land. It would be shocking if so.

Though there was engine failure there was still time for the plane to have landed apparently. You do know anyway that the airspace is closed for up to 2hours each time the Presidential Jet needs to go into the air? 2 hours for a 15minute take off or landing! And this jet is used by President, VP, President's wife and if I recall David Mark. It's almost a daily occurrence I've been told by airline staff when it caught me out on a trip."

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/dispelling-rumours-of-first-ladys.html
Re: Gej"s Wife Visit?Victims" Families & Dana Air Mgt Shld Take Case To World Court! by naptu2: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2012
On the issue of VIP movement, I believe our security/protocol officers can and should do better. They should balance the need to secure top government official with the needs of the public at large.

1) As much as possible, VIP officials that need extra security should land at air force bases and travel by helicopter. This would reduce the nuisance of road and airspace closures.

2) Planes should not take off when their destination airport is closed due to VIP movement. For example, a plane from Port Harcourt to Lagos should not take off if it is known that the Lagos airspace is closed due to VIP movement.

3)Closures should not last for long (a two hour road closure is simply insane).

(1) (Reply)

An Expatriate's View About Nigerians/dana Airline Crash / Gov Danbaba Suntai Is Dead / World's Greatest Coinncidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.