Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano (13127 Views)

Isah Misau Attacked In Ningi In Bauchi - Sahara Reporters / Soldiers Dig Out Bombs Planted On The Road By Boko Haram Members (Pics) / Boko Haram Has Killed More Muslims - Ningi (2) (3) (4)

Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by maddock(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
Can anyone confirm a this just saw it on my twitter that he was assassinated with two of his aides today.

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Beaf1: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
Saw that on facebook too.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Beaf1: 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
Gunmen kill retired police DIG in Kano
| Print | E-mail
Written by
Wednesday, 06 June 2012

ShareA retired deputy inspector-general of police (DIG), Mr Abubakar Saleh Ningi, has been killed in Kano by yet-to-be identified gunmen.

Unconfirmed reports said the retired DIG and three police aides attached to him were allegedly killed by gunmen at Kawaji-Dakata.

The report said they were gunned down inside a police Hilux vehicle.

All efforts to confirm the story from the police failed, as neither the mobile of the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) nor that of the police commissioner, Mr Ibrahim Idris, were picked when a call was put through to their phones.

A source close to the police but preferred anonymity confirmed that the killing occured between 5.00 and 6.00 p.m on Tuesday.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/42119-gunmen-kill-retired-police-dig-in-kano
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by juman(m): 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
Unfortunate
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by OAM4J: 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
Sad.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by ronkebp(f): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is really sad.....
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by hakanai(m): 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
Some folks who know the family just confirm that.It's true he was killed in Kano. RIP. cry cry cry
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Yorisb: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
OH Noo! Not again! sad
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
what can i say? na wah!
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by freshmoney(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Fresh Air!
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
Naija has gone to the dogs. sad

Killings everywhere.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by idmanzik: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
Sad
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by ukpaku: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
Were the aides not carying gun? RIP SHA.I'M TIRED of death news.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Torch1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
Nigeria will soon over take Somalia.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
Nigeriraq. Nigerianistan.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by sadyeek(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
Personaly I feel this democracy thing is not for africans, I hav had this feeling for a long time.. Look at what it has turned us to!? So sad..

Allah ya jikan muslimi..

ukpaku: Were the aides not carying gun? RIP SHA.I'M TIRED of death news.

They might have been, but I presume it was an ambush, they obviously wouldn't have had enought time to react, brother this is real life not the movies..

shymmex: Naija has gone to the dogs. sad

Killings everywhere.

Its so scary! We need to pray more, and sincerly.. Not pray and do bad things. That's the only solution.

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
mehn na my area be dis o shocked shocked angry
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by ifihearam: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
Just wondering oo
Why would a retired DIG be assasinated
If his hands were clean while in service

But if someone with aides can be killed just like dat
How much more we the ordinary citizens

And pls dnt put this again on presido abeg una
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
sadyeek:
Its so scary! We need to pray more, and sincerly.. Not pray and do bad things. That's the only solution.

Prayers can't solve Nigeria's problems.. Don't you guys understand that the gods are DEAD?!?!

God has also forsaken Nigeria - we need a proactive leader, who's ready to rock the boat, and stir Nigeria back to the path of greatness..

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by redsun(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
These guys are into international "jihadism".They are calous,cold,calculated,ruthless and zombie like killers that are ready to die any time.And nigerian porous system cannot stop them.

It is a case of iron sharpning and iron and evil against evil.Backwardness against backwaedness and dackness over darkness.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by ediko5(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
Why r u pple crying about his death? Do you know how many assasination he as masterminded. Most of this police officers are more than armed robbers.

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
Kill them or they kill you that's my advice to mr honathan...the end is getting near for this beloved country
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
4 retired/serving DIGs killed/died within the space of 3 months:
DIG Ganiyu Dawodu - died in Ikorodu hotel
DIG John Haruna - died in Jos helicopter crash
DIG John Ahmadu - died in Dana crash
DIG Abubakar Ningi - killed by gunmen
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by malc619(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
When was the last time we heard good news in Nigeria

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by waja(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Lets go for a break. So so death news here and there. How many women gave birth today jaree.

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by stebell(m): 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
Guys to be honest dis place called naija don tire me o. Since i was born it has been one bad news to another. B4 na OPC, then MASSOB, later na ND militants quickly followed by BH IDIOTS. Jus now na DANA Abeg wetin we go tell ppl. Rite now i'm on ma way to a remote village where they still dress like we're in de stone age. See yu in 20yrs tym if tins changes.
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by optimistD(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
waja: Lets go for a break. So so death news here and there. How many women gave birth today jaree.
more than we have lost bro. 4 babies in my litle lane btwn Mon nd 2day. ThankGOD.

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Tadup: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
...really going to Nigeriastan
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by freshmoney(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
Jarus: 4 retired/serving DIGs killed/died within the space of 3 months:
DIG Ganiyu Dawodu - died in Ikorodu hotel
DIG John Haruna - died in Jos helicopter crash
DIG John Ahmadu - died in Dana crash
DIG Abubakar Ningi - killed by gunmen

Results of Jonathan's Fresh Air
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by killuminati(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
stebell: Guys to be honest dis place called naija don tire me o. Since i was born it has been one bad news to another. B4 na OPC, then MASSOB, later na ND militants quickly followed by BH IDIOTS. Jus now na DANA Abeg wetin we go tell ppl. Rite now i'm on ma way to a remote village where they still dress like we're in de stone age. See yu in 20yrs tym if tins changes.
bros be careful where you heading, kidnappers may be lucking inna da bushesgrin......watch out!!

Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
A breath of fresh air and dawn of a new era...RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill DIG Abubakar Ningi In Kano by slimming: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
this has been in the news since 3 days ago.

Pictures of demolition of buildings at Sagamu due to road construction / Diezani: I Am OPEC President Because Of Jonathan’s Courage / Oronsaye Report: Uncertainty Over 48 Ministers