Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport (16901 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Power Outage At Uyo Airport Forced Plane To Return Back To Abuja / British Airways Overshot Runway At Abuja International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ceejayluv(m): 9:00am On Jun 07, 2012
1025: i said it the other time and nobody believed me. fani kayode told us that cultists were responsible for the air mis-harps in nigeria before because they were blood thirsty.
my mind is telling me that these guys are back. pdp is a cult and they must need blood every day. let us watch out for this issue. we must stop pdp or face these things again.
even if 10 plane crashes happen, the blood gotten will not be more than that from road accidents in 6 months. Quit the ignorant rant pls.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ikchi: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2012
Thank God.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2012
Always pray for divine protection because no one knows the day of his/her death.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Pimples(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2012
WHY SHOULD I ENTER Nigerian Owned AEROPLANES WHEN I CAN ALWAYS ENTER THE FOLLOWING
SHIP
OKADA
MOLUE
KEKE NAPEP
.................. cheesy
Y'all can Add to the list
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by ernestleon(m): 9:29am On Jun 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: Are there any Indians/Chinese/Pakistanis/Moroccans etc working there? let's create a thread to bash these set of foreigners too since we have a bunchh of Nigerians here who are not just mindless tribalists(haters of those from other ethnic groups within Nigerians) but Xenophobes and racists, and believe bashing foreigners is same as defending Nigeria
do you think nigeria is capable of doing anything good
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by stagger: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2012
Too much ignorance here.

Even US fighter planes miss the arrester cables on the aircraft carriers at sea, which is why they apply full thottle on landing so that if they miss the cable, they will have enough momentum to take off and make another landing attempt.

Kudos to the Aero pilots that made a great call and brought the situation under control. I am aware that Aero sends their pilots to France for compulsory SIM training and recertification every 6 months. I don't know of other airlines.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Jonwesley(m): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2012
temmytanny: I DONT think shoul be carried away by this story. Was it engine,mechanical fault that caused the mishap or heavy rain storm. If its rain storm,it can happen to any airline any where in the world,because of poor visibility of the run way by the cabin crew.I am not trying to support AERO but we should be careful about propaganda stories now. If not for DANA,no body would have heard the story of AIRNIGERIA flying dead planes. Funny enough the story came from someone who has worked for them since they started operations. why didnt he complain why he was working for them? NOw that he is sacked and wanted for stealing,he remembers that they are flying dead planes.
Even the airlines with best most recent aircraft had issues while i flew it somedays ago. We had to wait for an hour in another country for it to be fixed before we could embark on our journey.

IF YOU ARE A FREQUENT TRAVELER ,YOUR LIFE IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD AND NOT THE MEN FLYING THOSE PLANES EVEN THE DRIVERS ON OUR ROADS. ALL WEE NEED IS PRAYERS AND SAFE JOURNEY.

Hey, u spoke my thots. U re on point my dear.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Obasekola: 10:42am On Jun 07, 2012
This is the time for us to patronise God is Good Motors, Agofure, The Young, Ekene Dili Chukwu, Chisco Motors, Ohomba Line, Iyare Line, Edegbe Line and host of others. Atleast the risks are minima.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by member479760: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2012
when poor people die of road accident, na normal, then when rich people die and continue dying of air accident na normal also. let them fix the road otherwise they will continue to die of air accident. Amin!
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by velo10: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2012
I agree with kobojunkie. the aviation problem in Nigeria is not just about Dana or the Infians working there. It's more about the aviation system flawed with so many inefficiencies.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by Reference(m): 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
temmytanny: I DONT think shoul be carried away by this story. Was it engine,mechanical fault that caused the mishap or heavy rain storm. If its rain storm,it can happen to any airline any where in the world,because of poor visibility of the run way by the cabin crew.I am not trying to support AERO but we should be careful about propaganda stories now. If not for DANA,no body would have heard the story of AIRNIGERIA flying dead planes. Funny enough the story came from someone who has worked for them since they started operations. why didnt he complain why he was working for them? NOw that he is sacked and wanted for stealing,he remembers that they are flying dead planes.
Even the airlines with best most recent aircraft had issues while i flew it somedays ago. We had to wait for an hour in another country for it to be fixed before we could embark on our journey.

IF YOU ARE A FREQUENT TRAVELER ,YOUR LIFE IS IN THE HANDS OF GOD AND NOT THE MEN FLYING THOSE PLANES EVEN THE DRIVERS ON OUR ROADS. ALL WEE NEED IS PRAYERS AND SAFE JOURNEY.

See trouble oh. Even you too cannot mention the airline in your own experience. Na juju dem take hold una mouth.
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by onatisi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
when will ppl learn that it is better to arrive late than be the late
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by johnwell(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Passengers on an Aero Contractor flight to Uyo in Akwa Ibom state had a flight scare earlier today as the air jet missed the runway in an attempt to land at the Uyo airport.

The flight ran into a terrible rainstorm according to aviation officials.

The Chief Pilot of Aero safely landed the plane after a second try. All passengers disembarked without incident and the airliner has returned to Lagos.

Once an airline working the profitable oil and gas industry routes, Aero Contractors fell deeply into debt but is reportedly making a comeback after settling with Oceanic Bank over the N30bn unpaid funds.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/aero-contractor-flight-scare-uyo-airport
... This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on NL. It's a lie, senseless & ... I was there at the airport, The airline did not miss the runway, it was raining and the run way was a bit floaded, the aero contractor chief-pilot abort the landing and landed at the nearby calabar airport which the control tower can be viewed from the uyo control tower. After the rain he came back and landed safely. "Fake sahara reporters" mschew
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by jusnan: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
its a weather condition n can happen to anyairline. visibility is always poor up dia wen dia is heavy rainstorm. kudos to d pilot its nt easy...
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by DaBeaver(m): 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2012

I quite agree with everything you said but the part in bold; did you miss the part of the original story that said he RESIGNED?
Re: Aero Contractor Plane Misses Runway At Uyo Airport by DaBeaver(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
soft-touch:
It seems many don't know what it means by " missing runway" during a bad weather. At any landing, visibility to runway MUST NOT be less than 300 meter, that is the standard for all plane during landing. If the visibility is less, the Plane will be forced to try another approach for landing, which is known as missing the initial run way. This happen a lot during both foggy hamattan, snow and raining season.
I just wonder why press is making stories from a normal procedure.
Are you saying plane should crash land during bad weather?

johnwell: ... This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on NL. It's a lie, senseless & ... I was there at the airport, The airline did not miss the runway, it was raining and the run way was a bit floaded, the aero contractor chief-pilot abort the landing and landed at the nearby calabar airport which the control tower can be viewed from the uyo control tower. After the rain he came back and landed safely. "Fake sahara reporters" mschew

@Johnwell: Mr. JOHN, please do WELL to enlighten yourself by reading the quoted post above. The fact that you were physically there apparently doesn't make you any better informed than others.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures) / The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” / Lagos Closes Costain Bridge, Roundabout, Issues Travel Advisory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.