Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. (1746 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe? / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by alafin(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2007
Very simple, just give your opinion.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2007
Even the muslim brothers are confused about allah,

Of course not, My God does not encourage terrorism full stop.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Yisraylite(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2007
Zep 2:11 YAHAWAH (YHWH) will be awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations.

If Allah is a God, then He too will be reduced to nothing By YHWH according to the above text
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by mazaje(m): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2007
Yisraylite:

Zep 2:11 YAHAWAH (YHWH) will be awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations.

If Allah is a God, then He too will be reduced to nothing By YHWH according to the above text

You and this your YHWH sef e be like say u no wan make we rest. na so so YHWH we just dey hear everytime grin grin grin grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Yisraylite(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2007
@mazaje

mazaje:

You and this your YHWH sef e be like say u no wan make we rest. na so so YHWH we just dey hear everytime grin grin grin grin

Better get used to it because you ain't heard the half of it yet, besides if  kitchen's too hot for u then get out of it.

If you manage to survive what's coming soon i e Nuclear war, then I guarantee that even you must bow before His Eternal Majesty, Creator of the Heavens and Earth, Ruler over all dominions. That's right Yahawah is His Name.

Know yourself black man reclaim your rightful inheretance in Yisrayl, leave your greek traditions, your dead white god men and come back to YHWH

Mal 2:2 If you will not hear, And if you will not take [it] to heart, To give glory to My Name," Says the YHWH of hosts, "I will send a curse upon you, And I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have cursed them already, Because you do not take [it] to heart.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95499.0.html#msg1705382, Don't be scared to confront the truth

Still feel like being a comedian?

Salaam(Peace)
grin grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by jandor(f): 10:41am On Nov 23, 2007
i don't understand why ppl has now turned religion into something they make mockery of. Probably you don't know that, as long as you make mockery of others religion,you are perishing little by little.just has you know,you commit a whole lot of sins when you argue about religion which you know little or nothing about.why cant everybody hold on to his/her faith instead of dragging other peoples religion in the mud.its just a piece of advice and it will be better if taken to.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2007
mazaje:

I tire for the guy o grin grin grin o boy you sure no be spirit him be grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2007
jandor:

i don't understand why people has now turned religion into something they make mockery of. Probably you don't know that, as long as you make mockery of others religion,you are perishing little by little.just has you know,you commit a whole lot of sins when you argue about religion which you know little or nothing about.why can't everybody hold on to his/her faith instead of dragging other peoples religion in the mud.its just a piece of advice and it will be better if taken to.

So if you make mockery of muderer and witches you might perish, na wa o grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by alafin(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2007
@skyone

But the muslim says without allah you can't make heaven

To be honest with ourselves and i want people to help as well, now excluding muhammed does it really mean allah is God? I'm seroius about this please i need specific answer.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Backslider(m): 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2007
Please if Yisrael is there I want you to explain a part of scripture to me please answer i am waiting. I discovered this in my quiet time. Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Backslider(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2007
Psalm 45

6Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Who is the God of God referred to by the Psalmist Who was anointed with oil of Gladness.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Backslider(m): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2007
@post

The Allah of the Arabs before Mohamed Was worshiped as one of the god in the Kaaba. I beleive the Quraish people wanted to Unify all the idol gods that existed. The idols wanted to gain eminence so Islam gave them the chance by Allah.

The unification of all the gods of the Arabs is what brought about a Religiocultural change. Some Arab atheist know that the origin of Islam is from coerciveness. Once you are a Muslim you are a citizen of the Islamic state. This theory is what is used by the Jews to claim that they must have a Jewish state for the Jews.

One would ask by what gods name was the father Mohamed named.

But in all this things God is not Ashamed to take up in a language tribe or culture the name of the Highest deity. God made the Language and not language that made God.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by GROWNDICE(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2007
yeah because he's the one that made me and mohamed is his prophet. :d
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2007
GROWNDICE:

yeah because he's the one that made me and mohamed is his prophet. :d

True! the ocultis knows themselves.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2007
Backslider:

@post

The Allah of the Arabs before Mohamed Was worshiped as one of the god in the Kaaba. I beleive the Quraish people wanted to Unify all the idol gods that existed. The idols wanted to gain eminence so Islam gave them the chance by Allah.

The unification of all the gods of the Arabs is what brought about a Religiocultural change. Some Arab atheist know that the origin of Islam is from coerciveness. Once you are a Muslim you are a citizen of the Islamic state. This theory is what is used by the Jews to claim that they must have a Jewish state for the Jews.

But in all this things God is not Ashamed to take up in a language tribe or culture the name of the Highest deity. God made the Language and not language that made God.

Absolute crap i wonder where you gather your false information. Please stop misleading others. angry angry
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Backslider(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Skyone

Read the post very well but breathe in and out before you do so.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by dafidixone(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2007
I don't know if anyone in this house have read a little about a book written by Salman Rushdie. He quated a particular verse of Al-qutran that I feel answers this question.

Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22

In this verse he claimed that When Muhammad and his community came under severe persecution, eighty-three of his followers who had no protection emigrated from Mecca to Ethiopia, taking refuge in the ancient Christian country, Abyssinia. Under increasing boycotts and pressure, Muhammad went through a time of weakness and compromised with the Meccan pagans by acknowledging the existence of three pagan goddesses alongside Allah: Lat, Uzza, and Manat. The Arabian goddesses are mentioned in Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22.

The statement that Allah was involved with female goddesses while Muhammad and his people were left with men, was cynically discussed by author Salman Rushdie. He made the impure account even more obscene. His book was regarded as utterly blasphemous by all Muslims.

Now emphasising this
acknowledging the existence of three pagan goddesses alongside Allah
you will understand that Allah is one of the gods or head of the gods in mecca as at that time. So how can that be the Jehovah; Father of Jesus Christ?
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by combatant: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2007
@dafidizone

I don't know if anyone in this house have read a little about a book written by Salman Rushdie. He quated a particular verse of Al-qutran that I feel answers this question.

In this verse he claimed that When Muhammad and his community came under severe persecution, eighty-three of his followers who had no protection emigrated from Mecca to Ethiopia, taking refuge in the ancient Christian country, Abyssinia. Under increasing boycotts and pressure, Muhammad went through a time of weakness and compromised with the Meccan pagans by acknowledging the existence of three pagan goddesses alongside Allah: Lat, Uzza, and Manat. The Arabian goddesses are mentioned in Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22.

The statement that Allah was involved with female goddesses while Muhammad and his people were left with men, was cynically discussed by author Salman Rushdie. He made the impure account even more obscene. His book was regarded as utterly blasphemous by all Muslims.

Now emphasising this
acknowledging the existence of three pagan goddesses alongside Allah
you will understand that Allah is one of the gods or head of the gods in mecca as at that time. So how can that be the Jehovah; Father of Jesus Christ?

Brother please seek for knowlegde rather than posting stupid rejoinder. Ignorance is a disease. You even nailed yourself by quoting Rushdie.

Still have a lovely day
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by stranger26(f): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2007
I don't know what you all are out to do but please be sensible and do not post about things you have no knowledge about. You guys aren't muslims and you haven't made an unbiased study of Islam (if you did, Salman Rushdie wouldn't be the person you'd be quoting!) so please, please, for the sake of a mature discussion, do not claim to know what you do not know.
Having said that, let me respond to some of the comments here.
alafin:

@skyone

But the muslim says without allah you can't make heaven

To be honest with ourselves and i want people to help as well, now excluding muhammed does it really mean allah is God? I'm seroius about this please i need specific answer.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, muslims believe that "THERE IS NO GOD WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS MESSENGER".
That statement is the foundation of Islam; anyone who doesn't believe that is not a muslim. Allah is the One God who created the universe, who created you and I and every creature. He it is who controls the universe. He has Power over everything. He is ONE.

He created Paradise and Hell and He is in full control of them. In plain, simple logic, how can anyone expect to enter Paradise without pleasing the one who created it, who owns and controls it? It follows, therefore, that muslims believe that the only way of gaining admittance into Paradise is by worshipping God.

Backslider:

@post

Not true. You are not muslim simply by living in an Islamic state. Pick up any islamic history textbook; how come there was a Jewish community in Medinah during the time of the Prophet(SAW) while Madinah was the centre of Islamic affairs? Madinah was the stronghold of Islam at that time and yet there were Jews living in there! Better yet, pick up a translation of the Qur'an. Who does it call muslim? In fact, in Islam, behaving like a muslim while not believing in Islam does NOT make you muslim, talkless of just living in the same state as them!

Yeah, if the Quraish wanted to unify all their idols and all that, why would they be vehemently opposed to Islam? Do you know what the early muslims went through, what they suffered at the hands of the Quraish? What about all the battles the Quraish launched in an attempt to wipe out Islam. My fellow Nigerian, the Quraish had no such thought in their minds! If they did, they would have welcomed islam and not persecuted its messenger and followers.

You're right, Muhammad's (SAW) father is called Abdullah. That's because, Allah in Arabic means God. Basically, Abdullah means "Servant of God", "Eru olohun" (in Yoruba), so what does that signify? The word "God" is in every language and it is part of many people's names regardless of their religious or cultural background. For example, Rahmah is an Islamic name, its an Arabic name meaning "Mercy". Now that's an English name too! And in Yoruba we have the name "Anu" which (Oh my God!) also means mercy!!! Does that mean that the Islamic one came from the English or Arabic or Yoruba usage? No, its just a general term. Same thing applies to the word God, it applies to every language.

In Yoruba, we have Olohun which is God, then they have the names of the specific idols such as Sango, Ogun, Oya, etc. So the Quraish also had Allah which just means God and they had the idolls such as Lat and Uzzat.

dafidixone:

Now emphasising this you will understand that Allah is one of the gods or head of the gods in mecca as at that time. So how can that be the Jehovah; Father of Jesus Christ?

One Question; Have you ever read the Quran or any book on Islamic history?
You allege that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) compromised with the Quraish because his followers were being persecuted and had to go to Abyssinia. Lets assume that was the case. So what happens when he compromises? The Quraish will be happy and the muslims will be safe, right? Did such a thing happen? Well, NO, because the Prophet (SAW) did no such thing! There was no compromise! In fact, the situation worsened until the Prophet (SAW) had to migrate from Makkah to Madinah. THAT was what happened.

If you read a comprehensive Islamic history textbook, you will read about the time when the prominent chiefs of the Quraish went to the Prophet (SAW) imploring him to compromise with them, offering him their wealth, offering him the leadership of the Quraishi community just so that he could change his message. What was his response? He told them that even if they offered him the sum and the moon, he would never agree to their requests!
Besides, read the Qur'an, everywhere, it re-iterates that there is only ONE GOD, where is info about the three godesses hiding??

"Say: He is Allah, the One, "[Qur'an 112:1]

I recommend you watch the movie called "The Message" by Anthony Quinn. Its basically about the early history of islam and was done by a Christian! Provides an un-biased narration.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Dafidixone:Surah Najm deals with the Night Journey of Muhammad, in body and soul (live human being). This journey began after Isha prayer and ended before Fajr prayer, (the last prayer of one day and before the early morning of the next day). The journey started from the Great House in Makka, then to the Mosque in Jerusalem. Then from Jerusalem to ascension to Heavens. It was in this occasion that the full instruction of Salah was given and the last 4 verses of Surah Baqarah, was revealed.

Muhammad, (as), was permitted to venture further than what was permitted to Jibril! Muhammad heard his Lord's voice and what was between them was a veil of light. And only Allah, knows how deep the layer of light was between the Lord and His servant! Muhammad, met all the prophets that he had led in prayer, earlier while he was Jerusalem, the first leg of this unique journey. Adam was in the first heaven, Jesus and his cousin John were in the second, Idris in the  third, , and in the seventh was father Ibrahiim, resting his back, in a leaning position on Baitul Mamur. Muhammad returned home to Makka, as stated earlier, before the morning prayer.

The major objective and responsibility of Muhammad was to eradicate imagery and idol worshipping by making God the Almighty the Only One to be worshipped. We see that there is no Muslim that worship idol, and claims that it is part of Islam! As to the Backslider's question of the name of the father of Muhammad being Abdallah, I can only ask him if he thinks that idol worshippers are not aware of the existence of Almighty God? If he realises that they are aware of God Almighty and that the idol that they worship, are to them an intercessor or a means to get closer/nearer to God Almighty.

Backslider should ask the Hindus and they will tell him that they are aware of the existence of One God, but the many gods they worship are between them and this One God Almighty. He should them look into his own religion of Christianity and draw out the similarity, between it and any idol worshipping of his choice. Lets call a spade here.

Further, since he is a yoruba man, he must have heard the idol worshipper of his tribe bearing names that christians or muslims also bear. Do we have to abandone Eleda/Eledumare/Alayelorun, as part of what God Almighty is called in Yoruba language, just because the idol worshippers may use the same names? That will be disgenuous.

As to Salman Rushdie, in my opinion he should be ignored. Why because Muhammad (as), instructed us to ignore people who are mad or crazy. Salman Rushdie must have been under the influence of the devil to have penned whatever he penned! If salma Rushdie, had not be under the control of the devil, he would have studied the Qur'an and the hadith. He would have been guided aright.

Refuting Idolatry, Al-Lat and Al-`Uzza

Allah the Exalted rebukes the idolators for worshipping idols and taking rivals to Him. They built houses for their idols to resemble the Ka`bah built by Prophet Ibrahim, Allah's Khalil.

(Have you then considered Al-Lat,) Al-Lat was a white stone with inscriptions on. There was a house built around Al-Lat in At-Ta'if with curtains, servants and a sacred courtyard around it. The people of At-Ta'if, the tribe of Thaqif and their allies, worshipped Al-Lat. They would boast to Arabs, except the Quraysh, that they had Al-Lat. Ibn Jarir said, "They derived Al-Lat's name from Allah's Name, and made it feminine. Allah is far removed from what they ascribe to Him. It was reported that Al-Lat is pronounced Al-Lat because, according to `Abdullah bin `Abbas, Mujahid, and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas, Al-Lat was a man who used to mix Sawiq (a kind of barley mash) with water for the pilgrims during the time of Jahiliyyah. When he died, they remained next to his grave and worshipped him.'' Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said about Allah's statement,

(Al-Lat, and Al-`Uzza.) "Al-Lat was a man who used to mix Sawiq for the pilgrims.'' Ibn Jarir said, "They also derived the name for their idol Al-`Uzza from Allah's Name Al-`Aziz. Al-`Uzza was a tree on which the idolators placed a monument and curtains, in the area of Nakhlah, between Makkah and At-Ta'if. The Quraysh revered Al-`Uzza.'' During the battle of Uhud, Abu Sufyan said, "We have Al-`Uzza, but you do not have Al-`Uzza.'' Allah's Messenger replied

(Say, "Allah is Our Supporter, but you have no support.'') Manat was another idol in the area of Mushallal near Qudayd, between Makkah and Al-Madinah. The tribes of Khuza`ah, Aws and Khazraj used to revere Manat during the time of Jahiliyyah. They used to announce Hajj to the Ka`bah from next to Manat. Al-Bukhari collected a statement from `A'ishah with this meaning. There were other idols in the Arabian Peninsula that the Arabs revered just as they revered the Ka`bah, besides the three idols that Allah mentioned in His Glorious Book. Allah mentioned these three here because they were more famous than the others. An-Nasa'i recorded that Abu At-Tufayl said, "When the Messenger of Allah conquered Makkah, he sent Khalid bin Al-Walid to the area of Nakhlah where the idol of Al-`Uzza was erected on three trees of a forest. Khalid cut the three trees and approached the house built around it and destroyed it. When he went back to the Prophet and informed him of the story, the Prophet said to him,

(Go back and finish your mission, for you have not finished it.) Khalid went back and when the custodians who were also its servants of Al-`Uzza saw him, they started invoking by calling Al-`Uzza! When Khalid approached it, he found a naked woman whose hair was untidy and who was throwing sand on her head. Khalid killed her with the sword and went back to the Messenger of Allah , who said to him,

(That was Al-`Uzza!)'' Muhammad bin Ishaq narrated, "Al-Lat belonged to the tribe of Thaqif in the area of At-Ta'if. Banu Mu`attib were the custodians of Al-Lat and its servants.'' I say that the Prophet sent Al-Mughirah bin Shu`bah and Abu Sufyan Sakhr bin Harb to destroy Al-Lat. They carried out the Prophet's command and built a Masjid in its place in the city of At-Ta'if. Muhammad bin Ishaq said that Manat used to be the idol of the Aws and Khazraj tribes and those who followed their religion in Yathrib (Al-Madinah). Manat was near the coast, close to the area of Mushallal in Qudayd. The Prophet sent Abu Sufyan Sakhr bin Harb or `Ali bin Abi Talib to demolish it. Ibn Ishaq said that Dhul-Khalasah was the idol of the tribes of Daws, Khath`am and Bajilah, and the Arabs who resided in the area of Tabalah. I say that Dhul-Khalasah was called the Southern Ka`bah, and the Ka`bah in Makkah was called the Northern Ka`bah. The Messenger of Allah sent Jarir bin `Abdullah Al-Bajali to Dhul-Khalasah and he destroyed it. Ibn Ishaq said that Fals was the idol of Tay' and the neighboring tribes in the Mount of Tay', such as Salma and Ajja. Ibn Hisham said that some scholars of knowledge told him that the Messenger of Allah sent `Ali bin Abi Talib to Fals and he destroyed it and found two swords in its treasure, which the Prophet then gave to `Ali as war spoils. Muhammad bin Ishaq also said that the tribes of Himyar, and Yemen in general, had a house of worship in San`a' called Riyam. He mentioned that there was a black dog in it and that the religious men who went with Tubba` removed it, killed it and demolished the building. Ibn Ishaq said that Ruda' was a structure of Bani Rabi`ah bin Ka`b bin Sa`d bin Zayd Manat bin Tamim, which Al-Mustawghir bin Rabi`ah bin Ka`b bin Sa`d demolished after Islam. In Sindad there was Dhul-Ka`bat, the idol of the tribes of Bakr and Taghlib, the sons of the Wa'il, and also the Iyad tribes.

Refuting the Idolators Who appoint Rivals to Allah and claim that the Angels were Females
Allah the Exalted said,
(Have you then considered Al-Lat, and Al-`Uzza. And Manat, the other third), then Allah said,

(Is it for you the males and for Him the females) Allah asked the idolators, `do you choose female offspring for Allah and give preference to yourselves with the males If you made this division between yourselves and the created, it would be,

(a division most unfair!)' meaning, it would be an unfair and unjust division. `How is it then that you make this division between you and Allah, even though this would be foolish and unjust, if you made it between yourselves and others' Allah the Exalted refutes such innovated lies, falsehood and atheism they invented through worshipping the idols and calling them gods
(They are but names which you have named -- you and your fathers) of your own desire,
(for which Allah has sent down no authority.) meaning, proof,
(They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire,) they have no proof, except their trust in their forefathers who took this false path in the past, as well as, their lusts and desires to become leaders, and thereby gain honor and reverence for their forefathers,

(whereas there has surely come to them the guidance from their Lord!), meaning, Allah has sent them Messengers with the clear truth and unequivocal evidence. However, they did not adhere to or follow the guidance that came to them through the Prophets.

Wishful Thinking does not earn One Righteousness
Allah the Exalted said,
(Or shall man have what he wishes), asserting that not everyone gets the goodness that he wishes,

(It will not be in accordance with desires (of Muslims), nor those of the People of Scripture.)(4:123) Allah says, not everyone who claims to be guided is truly guided, and not everyone gets what he wishes for himself. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(When one of you wishes for something, let him be careful with what he wishes for, because he does not know what part of his wish will be written for him.)Only Ahmad collected this Hadith. Allah's statement,

(But to Allah belongs the last and the first.) meaning, all matters belong to Allah and He is the King and Owner of this world and the Hereafter, Who does what He will in both lives. Whatever He wills, occurs and whatever He does not will, never occurs.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Yisraylite(m): 12:56am On Nov 24, 2007
Any good concordance or dictionary will show that the word or title God or god is interchangable with the word Demon or devil

That's why The Creator YHWH has said He is above all Gods (Elohim)

Psa 97:9 For You, YHWH, [are] most high above all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods(elohim).

Psa 95:3 For YHWH[is] the Great Father, And the great King above all gods(elohim)

Yer(Jeremiah) 10:11 Thus you shall say to them: "The gods(elohim) that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens."

Yer(Jeremiah) 11:12 Then the cities of Yahadah and the inhabitants of Yerusalem will go and cry out to the gods(elohim) to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble

Isa 37:12 Have the gods(elohim) of the nations delivered those whom my fathers have destroyed, Gozan and Haran and Rezeph, and the people of Eden who [were] in Telassar

1Ch 5:25 And they were unfaithful to the Father of their fathers, and played the harlot after the gods(elohim) of the peoples of the land, whom YHWH had destroyed before them. 

Salaam(peace)
cool
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Yisraylite(m): 1:15am On Nov 24, 2007
@ Backslider

Backslider:

Psalm 45

6Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Who is the God of God referred to by the Psalmist Who was anointed with oil of Gladness.

Your Answer:

Micahyah 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Yahadah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Yisrayl,
Whose coming is proclaimed from of old, from ancient times."(Gen 49:1, Num 24:17, Riyyah(Ruth) 4:11-22, 1Sa 17:12)

1 Sam 16:1 Then YHWH said to Samuyl, "How long will you mourn for Shaul, seeing I have rejected him from being king over Yisrayl? Fill your horn with oil, and go; I am sending you to Yishai of Bethlehem. For I have provided Myself a king from among his sons."

Isa 11:1   There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Yishai and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.

1Sa 17:12  Now David was the son of that Ephrathite of Bethlehem Yahadah ( see Micah 5: 2 ), whose name was Yishai; and he had eight sons: and the man went among men for an old man in the days of Shaul.

1Sa 16:10   Thus Yishai made seven of his sons pass before Samuyl. And Samuyl said to Yishai, "  (YHWH) has not chosen these." (your fellow men)

1Sa 16:11   And Samuyl said to Yishai, "Are all the young men here?" Then he said, "There remains yet the youngest, and there he is, keeping the sheep." And Samuyl said to Yishai, "Send and bring him. For we will not sit down till he comes here."

1Sa 16:12   So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And   said, "ARISE,  ANOINT HIM; FOR THIS IS THE ONE!"

Isa 11:2   The Spirit of YHWH shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of YHWH .

1Sa 16:13   Then Samuyl took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of YHWH came upon David from that day forward. So Samuyl arose and went to Ramah.

Psa 45:7 You too have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore, YHWH your Father has anointed you with the oil of gladness over your fellow men.

Psa 89:19 Then You spoke in a vision to Your holy one, And said: "I have imparted strength to a youth and not to a warrior. I have exalted a young man above the people.

Psa 89:20   I HAVE FOUND MY SERVANT DAVID(The BRANCH of Yishai – see Isa 11:1); With MY HOLY OIL I HAVE ANOINTED HIM,

Psa 45 : 6  Your throne given of YWWH is for ever and ever; the scepter; of your kingdoms is a scepter; of righteousness.

2Sa 7:16   “Your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you  Your throne shall be established forever."

Psa 89:36   His seed shall endure forever, And his throne as the sun before Me;

Psa 89:37   It shall be established forever like the moon, Even like the faithful witness in the sky."

2Sa 22:21   "YHWH has dealt with me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.

2Sa 22:22   Because I (David) have kept the ways of  , and have not done wickedness, by departing from my Father.

2Sa 22:23   Truly, all His judgments; Laws, are in front of me; and I have not departed from His statutes.

Please see atttached article

Shabbat Salaam
smiley

Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by dafidixone(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2007
One Question; Have you ever read the Quran or any book on Islamic history?
You allege that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) compromised with the Quraish because his followers were being persecuted and had to go to Abyssinia. Lets assume that was the case. So what happens when he compromises? The Quraish will be happy and the muslims will be safe, right? Did such a thing happen? Well, NO, because the Prophet (SAW) did no such thing! There was no compromise! In fact, the situation worsened until the Prophet (SAW) had to migrate from Makkah to Madinah. THAT was what happened.

If you read a comprehensive Islamic history textbook, you will read about the time when the prominent chiefs of the Quraish went to the Prophet (SAW) imploring him to compromise with them, offering him their wealth, offering him the leadership of the Quraishi community just so that he could change his message. What was his response? He told them that even if they offered him the sum and the moon, he would never agree to their requests!
Besides, read the Qur'an, everywhere, it re-iterates that there is only ONE GOD, where is info about the three godesses hiding??

I recommend you watch the movie called "The Message" by Anthony Quinn. Its basically about the early history of islam and was done by a Christian! Provides an un-biased narration.

Are this materials more supperior than the Quaran? undecided
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by dafidixone(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2007
I think the Muslim in house should see this opportunity to learn and get the fact about what you are worshiping. The question of quoting Salman does not arise here all you need to examine here is this verse truly writing in the Quran, if yes what is the implication of this statement. If you read further in that verse of the Quaran, Mohammed also acknowledge it was a mistake to have done that.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by combatant: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidizone

You christians amuse me o. Haba, you provided a false post which was refutted, rather than provide rebuttal to their posts, you went beating about the bush. Are you in anyway related to David-liar? grin

Insert Quote
I think the Muslim in house should see this opportunity to learn and get the fact about what you are worshiping. The question of quoting Salman does not arise here all you need to examine here is this verse truly writing in the Quran, if yes what is the implication of this statement. If you read further in that verse of the Quaran, Muhammad also acknowledge it was a mistake to have done that.

Can you please provide us further explanation from the Quran?

Quit your falsehood abi na deception that has nothing to offer but accept Islam before its too late.

Still have a lovely day.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by dafidixone(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
Can you please provide us further explanation from the Quran?

Quit your falsehood abi na deception that has nothing to offer but accept Islam before its too late.

Still have a lovely day.

You are the Muslim you should read to acquire more knowledge about what you read. Do not harden your heart to the truth. Ignorance will not be an excuse if you are not in Christ before the Judgement in the hereafter.

It will be so painful to see people like you in Hell. Heaven is real Hell is real. Go with the one who know the way.

Peace grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by combatant: 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
@davidzone

You are the Muslim you should read to acquire more knowledge about what you read.

Are you still denying the glaring fact about the truth religion despite the fact that all you said have been refutted and you couldnt provide further explanation to Olab's post. Common, you need to wake up from your deceit and shun arrogance. What knowledge are you asking me to acquire? Is it about the contradictions in the bible or the plagiarism of same, inability of you to lay hands to the true author of the so called gospels or are you asking me to learn about your religion that took off from paganism and have you found out the origin of the so called cross you carry about etc.

Do not harden your heart to the truth.

You are the one deceiving yourself. Truth has been established and it will be better for you to accept same before its too late. Please what truth have you established?

Ignorance will not be an excuse if you are not in Christ before the Judgement in the hereafter.

I have Jesus and you would have read his story in the Quran which shows that he is accepted by Muslims. I belive in jesus as the slave and messenger of God sent for the house of Israel alone.

Whosoever practices any other religion from Islam, it would never be accepted from him and he would be among the losers on that day and please I dont want you to go to hell because on that, Jesus will deny you because he was not sent to you.

It will be so painful to see people like you in Hell. Heaven is real Hell is real. Go with the one who know the way.

Who is that one please and how do I please accept Jesus and provide proof on that.

Peace

Salam
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by stranger26(f): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2007
dafidixone:

Are this materials more supperior than the Quaran? undecided

Please, dafidixone, read my posts carefully before replying to them. I said quite clearly "Have you ever read the Quran?". The Quran was the first thing I mentioned before the history books. Why would I do that if I didn't think that the Quran is superior to the other materials. I'm just suggesting a variety of other resources so you can decide for yourself.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by stranger26(f): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2007
Please people, don't turn this into a fight cos it aint one. Its simply a thread to reply to the posters questions so please do not attack other people's beliefs, that is NOT the puepose of this thread. If you have any beef about Islam, this aint the place for expressing it. Focus on the question, answer it, and step outta the forum gracefully.

Now can we all behave maturely and stop bickering?

Btw, Olabowale and Combatant, those were good posts, mashaAllah.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by dafidixone(m): 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2007
Blessed be the name of the Lord God.
I have Jesus and you would have read his story in the Quran which shows that he is accepted by Muslims

I am happy for you that you  have Jesus, it may interest you that havim Him is life.  I pray this Jesus you know will send His Holy Spirit to Guide and Direct you all the time.

[quoteWho is that one please and how do I please accept Jesus and provide proof on that][quote][/quote]

Now understand this facts:

1. Be sure God Loves You!
The Bible says, "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

The problem is that

2. All of us have done, said or thought things that are wrong. This is called sin, and our sins have separated us from God.

The Bible says “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” God is perfect and holy, and our sins separate us from God forever. The Bible says “The wages of sin is death.”

The good news is that, about 2,000 years ago,

3. God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins.

Jesus is the Son of God. He lived a sinless life and then died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. “God demonstrates His own love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”

Jesus rose from the dead and now He lives in heaven with God His Father. He offers us the gift of eternal life -- of living forever with Him in heaven if we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Me."

God reaches out in love to you and wants you to be His child. "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe on His name." You can choose to ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and come in to your life as your Lord and Savior.

4. If you want to accept Christ as Savior and turn from your sins, you can ask Him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this:

"Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins.  Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life.  I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always."

If you sincerely follow this process I welcome you into Christ Family.  It is as simple as that.

Now look for a Bible believing Church and worship and Join their Discipleship class and be Baptised.

Shallom!
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2007
God please help Olabowale

he really needs to see the light.

let him begin to see that the only saviour is Jesus Christ

I pray by the power in Blood Of Jesus Christ that he receives he's

divine intervention at this hour Amen.

Olabowale have prayed for and very soon i know you will start to see the true Light where
Jesus belongs.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2007
I laughed just reading your prayer just above. Unfortunately for you and Alhamdulillah, for me, my Lord did not accept your prayer. InshaAllah, He will not from His Mercy accept that prayer, for me or any other Muslim. You see Jesus was nothing but a human being like me. Yes, his birth was miraculous,a nd performedgreat miracles. That was because he was a true prophet of his Lord, Allah Almighty.

I pray that my Iman increases. Maybe, I must have shown weak Iman and thats why you prayed. It is you who who that must connect to your Creaator, without an intermediary, like a pagan or idol worshipper!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Higher Life Conference / After Death What Next / Am I The Only One Understanding It This Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.