Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. (1749 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe? / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2007
@Olabowale

Honestly is not funny and being a yoruba brother, i dont want see you go astray. I used to have loads of friends in your category but now they converted to Christian, they are happily married with children and prospering with anything good day by day.

Change before is too late. There are great reward and benefits in knowing MY LORD JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2007
Its too late. My mother was just converted at about age 80 years just in the past 3 years. And I did not force her. And did not draw the Sword against her! By Allah, even some individuals, Nigerians and non Nigerians, men and women are accepting the Creator of Jesus, Allah the Almighty. The success thing is for the weak at heart. I work hard and an very alright. I thank Allah for all His Mercies on me.

Keep your lord and saviour Jesus. I guarantee that he will definately deny you, if you die as a Christian in the day of Judgement, before his Creator, Allah! This is a thing already determined by the One and Only Creator. It is you whos hould be prepared to burn in fire of hell, if you do not call yourself back.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by babs787(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2007
@skyone

I wonder what will be your fate on that day when Jesus would deny you because he was not sent to you.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by DChair: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2007
babs787:

@skyone

I wonder what will be your fate on that day when Jesus would deny you because he was not sent to you.

I PITY YOUR LIFE
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by skyone(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2007
@ BABS AND OLABOWALE

And what will mohammed do, congratulate you and give you magots to eat in hell fire. The biggest coward that cant even defend is own people not talk of die for sins of mankind.

" Those who have ears let them ear"

Meaning you dont have any ears at all, so pray for one before is too late.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by stranger26(f): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2007
Please behave more like respectable individuals and put a rein on your tongues. You will notice that none of the muslims here have insulted Jesus (AS) in any manner whatsoever so please extend the same courtesy towards us; do not insult Muhammad (SAW).

The mark of a civilized and respectable person shows when they argue; they respect their antagonists. Besides, didn't christianity teach to have better manners than this? Didn't it teach you to show brotherly love? Cos you guys obviously aren't practising what you're preaching.

I'm not here to antagonise you. I'm just asking you to extend the same respect towards OUR prophet as we extend towards JESUS (AS).
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2007
@stranger26,

stranger26:

Please behave more like respectable individuals and put a rein on your tongues. You will notice that none of the muslims here have insulted Jesus (AS) in any manner whatsoever so please extend the same courtesy towards us; do not insult Muhammad (SAW).

I don't want to be tedious to you this morning, but your complaint here is a convenient denial of facts! Muslims have many times cast aspersions on Jesus Christ in several bedevilled manners that rubbish the courtesy you're calling for! I have pointed this clearly to olabowale who had asked me that question - and subsequently shown him several times of his own insults in his subsequent posts after calling his attention to the fact!

Muslims are fond of playing these games. When your own brethren deride the Biblical prophets, you sit back to celebrate the silly exercise with no remorse. But when you read things you don't like about Muhammad, then you wave a tattered white flag and beg for clemency! How many times have I personally called for mutual respect - and all my calls fell on deaf Muslim ears?

stranger26:

The mark of a civilized and respectable person shows when they argue; they respect their antagonists.

Muslims have no respect for anybody! QED. The replies that will follow this will demonstrate that to you. . . it's only a matter of time.

stranger26:

Besides, didn't christianity teach to have better manners than this? Didn't it teach you to show brotherly love? Cos you guys obviously aren't practising what you're preaching.

Sad. I wonder if Islam teaches Muslims to be so vitriolic against the prophets when they sweat to give Muhammad's career a facelift. Did "Allah" in the Qur'an teach Muslims to behave in such low shades of attitude?

stranger26:

I'm not here to antagonise you. I'm just asking you to extend the same respect towards OUR prophet as we extend towards JESUS (AS).

First, your Muslim "respect" towards JESUS is a farce. We have witnessed the fact many times over of how irreverent Muslims can be when discussing Jesus.

Now, the interesting thing is that you have only come round exposing the same duplicity we see every single day among Muslims. What did you mean by "OUR prophet" in contradistinction to "JESUS" - are you now saying that Muslims no longer regard "JESUS" as "OUR prophet" as well?

What kind of doublespeak are you proposing here?

Cheers.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by stranger26(f): 10:54am On Nov 26, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@stranger26,

I don't want to be tedious to you this morning, but your complaint here is a convenient denial of facts! Muslims have many times cast aspersions on Jesus Christ in several bedevilled manners that rubbish the courtesy you're calling for! I have pointed this clearly to olabowale who had asked me that question - and subsequently shown him several times of his own insults in his subsequent posts after calling his attention to the fact!

Muslims are fond of playing these games. When your own brethren deride the Biblical prophets, you sit back to celebrate the silly exercise with no remorse. But when you read things you don't like about Muhammad, then you wave a tattered white flag and beg for clemency! How many times have I personally called for mutual respect - and all my calls fell on deaf Muslim ears?

Muslims have no respect for anybody! QED. The replies that will follow this will demonstrate that to you. . . it's only a matter of time.

Sad. I wonder if Islam teaches Muslims to be so vitriolic against the prophets when they sweat to give Muhammad's career a facelift. Did "Allah" in the Qur'an teach Muslims to behave in such low shades of attitude?

First, your Muslim "respect" towards JESUS is a farce. We have witnessed the fact many times over of how irreverent Muslims can be when discussing Jesus.

Now, the interesting thing is that you have only come round exposing the same duplicity we see every single day among Muslims. What did you mean by "b]OUR[/b] prophet" in contradistinction to "JESUS" - are you now saying that Muslims no longer regard "JESUS" as "b]OUR[/b] prophet" as well?

What kind of doublespeak are you proposing here?

Cheers.

By our prophet, I was referring to muhammad (SAW), The main prupose of my thread was to ask you guys to stop being insultive towards HIM. Do not twist my word into what I did not intend. And refusing to believe that Jesus is God does not constitute disrespect, that's a matter of faith. You will not find muslims calling Jesus a "coward" or anything like that, nobody made such a statement on this thread. Similarly, refusing to believe that Muhammad is the messenger of God does not constitute disrespect but calling him a coward DOES!

As regards the issue of ridiculing biblical prophets, then I'm sorry I cannot believe you. These prophets are our prophets too so it is unthinkable that we would ridicule them; please check your facts.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 11:39am On Nov 26, 2007
@stranger,

stranger26:

By our prophet, I was referring to muhammad (SAW),

Good to know that I was not wrong in my thinking - but it's great to see you confirm it all the same. If Muhammad is your prophet, then again you'd be saying that other prophets mentioned in the Qur'an are not your prophets as well? Since when did Muslim start making such otiose distinctinctions among the "prophets" when your Qur'an clearly decries such attitude (Qur'an 2:136)? Why this skewed distinction between "our" prophet (Muhammad) and other prophets?

stranger26:

The main prupose of my thread was to ask you guys to stop being insultive towards HIM.

Preach that message to your ummah - they are the ones who find it so easy to cast aspersions on the Biblical prophets and then come back pretending a fake "respect" for JESUS that they have never demonstrated!

stranger26:

Do not twist my word into what I did not intend.

Where did I twist or squeeze your word into something you did not intend?

stranger26:
And refusing to believe that Jesus is God does not constitute disrespect, that's a matter of faith.

Rubbish. Refusing to believe anything the Bible declares about Jesus Christ does not warrant Muslims deriding Him the way they have done SEVERAL times over! If such derision does not constitute disrespect, you should not be making such caterwauls this morning and trying ever so hard to justify your prejudice.

stranger26:

You will not find muslims calling Jesus a "coward" or anything like that, nobody made such a statement on this thread.

Neither will you find any Christian referring to JESUS with the several bedevilled language as have been used by Muslims on this Forum. Could you explain what Olabowale (a Muslim) meant by referring to Jesus as "a man weak enough to be seazed by a band of raghead Jews" and also that He "YELLED" on the Cross? If such explitives from a Muslim do not fall into the same category of trying to deride Jesus by the same connotations as you spelled above ("coward" - a person who shows fear or timidity), then tell me what book you have been reading! What kind of silly games are you trying to whip up here?

If Muslims will live by what they preach, your complaints will be unnecessary.

stranger26:

Similarly, refusing to believe that Muhammad is the messenger of God does not constitute disrespect but calling him a coward DOES!

And what do you class as olabowale's stupidity as described above? What you should be concerned here is a prejudice-free appeal for mutual respect across board when people discuss issues, and not the loser's whinings of trying to play partisan politics of "OUR prophet" when the Qur'an asks that you respect ALL the prophets! Prejudice is not a virtue, and please don't wave that in anybody's face. grin

stranger26:

As regards the issue of ridiculing biblical prophets, then I'm sorry I cannot believe you.

I knew that was coming - Muslims have never believed anything even though the evidence is staring them full circle! If you cannot believe that Muslims have done that very thing even after showing you the bare facts, then your complaints are simply needless noise - nobody believes you were saying anything in the first place.

stranger26:

These prophets are our prophets too so it is unthinkable that we would ridicule them; please check your facts.

I have checked my facts - and the first thing I discovered was your bias in trying to distinguish Muhammad from others ("OUR prophet"wink. Unless you're struggling with basic understanding of issues or you just have a talent for being dishonest, please go do some reading of how your brethren have been playing the same silly games that you have yet been unable to smooth off.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Welcome back. Hope you did your best and found satisfaction, in your effort? I wish you and others, of NL going through the same process to success, great worldly success. God willing, for those whose hearts, are already with the truth and those who will join theirs with it, in the future, all of you, I wish you the Mercy and Forgiveness of the True One GOD.

Due to lack of full understanding of Islam by most who practise it, and definitely, the wrong definition given to this God's chosen religion, for His Creation, by those who are not Muslims, below, from Suratul An Am, The cattle, we see that God warns the Muslims, not to engage in insulting the gods of other religion(s). This is so, because these other religion's people will definitely take the advantage to insult Allah!

Not only is the warning true, but the NL Christians carry it further. They did not wait for Muslims to insult their God(s), but they throw the first blow, writing small letter 'a', shortening the name of the prophet (as), and of course, with all kinds of whatever filth that can write, are written down.

The Prohibition of Insulting the False gods of the Disbelievers, So that they Do not Insult Allah

Allah prohibits His Messenger and the believers from insulting the false deities of the idolaters, although there is a clear benefit in doing so. Insulting their deities will lead to a bigger evil than its benefit, for the idolaters might retaliate by insulting the God of the believers, Allah, none has the right to be worshipped but He. `Ali bin Abi Talhah said that Ibn `Abbas commented on this Ayah [6:108]; "They (disbelievers) said, `O Muhammad! You will stop insulting our gods, or we will insult your Lord.' Thereafter, Allah prohibited the believers from insulting the disbelievers' idols,

(lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge.)'' `Abdur-Razzaq narrated that Ma`mar said that Qatadah said, "Muslims used to insult the idols of the disbelievers and the disbelievers would retaliate by insulting Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Allah revealed,

(And insult not those whom they worship besides Allah.)'' On this same subject -- abandoning what carries benefit to avert a greater evil - it is recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said,
(Cursed is he who insults his own parents!) They said, "O Allah's Messenger! And how would a man insult his own parents'' He said,

(He insults a man's father, and that man insults his father, and insults his mother and that man insults his mother.) Allah's statement,
(Thus We have made fair seeming to each people its own doingswink means, as We made fair seeming to the idolaters loving their idols and defending them, likewise We made fair seeming to every previous nation the misguidance they indulged in. Allah's is the most perfect proof, and the most complete wisdom in all that He wills and chooses.

(then to their Lord is their return,) gathering and final destination,
(and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do.) He will compensate them for their deeds, good for good and evil for evil.
(109. And they swear their strongest oaths by Allah, that if there came to them a sign, they would surely believe therein. Say: "Signs are but with Allah and what will make you perceive that (even) if it came, they will not believe'') (110. And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away, as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly.)
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
@olabowale,

How body?

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: Welcome back. Hope you did your best and found satisfaction, in your effort? I wish you and others, of Nairaland going through the same process to success, great worldly success. God willing, for those whose hearts, are already with the truth and those who will join theirs with it, in the future, all of you, I wish you the Mercy and Forgiveness of the True One GOD.

Thank you - and same wishes for you. smiley

olabowale:

Due to lack of full understanding of Islam by most who practise it, and definitely, the wrong definition given to this God's chosen religion, for His Creation, by those who are not Muslims,

I'm sorry to disagree - God nowhere set Islam as the religion of Adam or Abraham.

olabowale:

below, from Suratul An Am, The cattle, we see that God warns the Muslims, not to engage in insulting the gods of other religion(s). This is so, because these other religion's people will definitely take the advantage to insult Allah!

Finally, I was going to remind you guys about that fact - not only from the Qur'an, but the Hadiths as well! But you anticipated me, good one.

olabowale:

Not only is the warning true, but the Nairaland Christians carry it further. They did not wait for Muslims to insult their God(s), but they throw the first blow, writing small letter 'a', shortening the name of the prophet (as), and of course, with all kinds of whatever filth that can write, are written down.

If somebody is doing what is clearly wrong, does that justify the idea that you should do the same thing and carry the silly games further?

Ironically, how come between Muslims and pilgrim.1, I have called your attention several times to be careful how you speak about the proper subjects of our faiths - whether about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit. . . or even Muhammad? I notice that you Muslims have a morbid fear for Muhammad that you never want to say anything against him; but you let loose your tongue against GOD and Jesus Christ - yet come back pretending to "respect" them!

Let me refresh your memory - where were you when a Muslim on this Forum actually wrote that "God promotes(?) forced-sex attacks"? (I'll find the reference later). When I called to caution such, your Muslim brethren without remorse were very happy to celebrate and encourage the illiterate errand boy to continue such irreverent adventures - just because he is a Muslim!

Incidentally, following the topic of this thread (Is all God?), your own persasions are trying to confirm that "Allah" is not God! Because I really don't  see why the distinction coming from you about "the gods of other religions" vs the Muslim "God" prejudicially called 'Allah'. WHY this hypocritic adventure of yours?

olabowale:

The Prohibition of Insulting the False gods of the Disbelievers, So that they Do not Insult Allah

I hear. Have YOU, olabowale, not actually thrashed that "prohibition"? Have you not don the direct opposite of going beyond that prohbition to casting aspersion and derision on Jesus Christ with a heinous pretence of trying to plaster your redundant excuse with "TWO Jesus" - one an Islamic, and the other a Biblical one?

Second, who was Muhammad kidding by the claim of "The False g[/b]ods of the Disbelievers"? Did you not just complain about spelling 'God' with a lower case "[b]g" - and yet you have just done the same? If others refer to the Islamic 'Allah' as a "g[/b]od", your eye go begin red! Why are you so given to such hypocrisy?

Meanwhile, we know that Muhammad chose the idol in the pagan Kaa'ba which the pagans have worshipped before he arrived there!

And again, Muhammad yet had encouraged others to insult non-Muslims. So I really don't see what your complaints are bringing out here!

I have cautioned you guys - stop the hypocrisy and let's see your "respect" for God and Jesus Christ. But no - you typically would insult them and then pretend to turn round claiming that you did not do so.

olabowale:

([b]And insult not those whom they worship besides Allah
.)"

Make I hear word! You only talk and have nothing to show in your walk! It's easy to post some misled tafsir about the prohibition; but YOU olabowale have been at the front of such insults in your derision against Jesus Christ. With such hypocrisies, you really do not interest me in any discussion.

Cheers.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
@PILgrim.1: By our prophet below, Stranger26, simply means Muhammad, is exclusive to the Muslims, alone. My question to you is this; is Muhammad an acceptable prophet, in the same as Moses, etc? If your answer is yes. then why aren't you a Muslim? If your answer is no, then there you have it. The reason for 'Our,' in Stranger26 post. You already culled out, from the Qur'an that many prophets, at 25 are listed. Muslims accept them all and more. The conditions of the Prophets with the Prophets and Messengers, which include Jesus son of Mary, (as), are well established. Maybe we should not write small letter 'a,' and other insulting notations when we speak of whatever God, we are speaking of. Shortening the name of Muhammad as if to cat call him in a street slang thuggish way, is a terrible thing. No Muslim will ever insult Jesus, son of Mary. You know it and I think we should all be sincere, in our speech, even when on opposite sides.

Quote from: stranger26 on Today at 10:54:25 AM
                           By our prophet, I was referring to Muhammad (SAW),

There is no Prophet of the Bible that any Muslim will aspersions, on as to insult or belittle, in any way. If a Muslim insult any prophet, he has insulted Muhammad, directly. They prophets are links on the same chain, from Abram to Muhammad and not counting out any of them, in between. Your assertion of 'fake' respect thereby, is of your own making. Islam tells us to honor Jesus and respect his mother. We have more miracles performed by his Lord through him, in the Qur'an, far more than the Bible. No Muslim doubts any of them. Whereas, we have learned Christians doubting many of the conditions attached to Jesus.

So Pilgrim.1, is it hot out there in 'ol country of the colonialists, this morning, that you just can not wait to strap on the boxing gloves? Its almost winter, but definitely its fall already. Cool down and lets have civilised dialogue. If I know which part of the Yorubaland, your blood is from, then i will be able to understand why you are quick to get so hot around the collar. You know, the blood that runs through the veins has alot to do with temperament of the individual. calm down and enjoy the ride.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: So you try to admonish individuals, but you could not take the same advise for yourself! Issues around here, if one is sincere, is not do as I say, but truly, a leader has to walk the walk. Otherwise, he or she has other hidden agenda. How can Tafsir be a misled tafsir about a prophibition, when the prohibition, is clearly stated in the Qur'an and Tafsir, is the process of explanation of Qur'an? I guess you are actually saying is that you do not believe in the Qur'an, and its explanation, period! If this is the case, then there is no need for you to point our anything from it as to support any discussion you may have. What you have just said about the Qur'an, if that is what you said, is whatever it says about Jesus and his mother or any thing for that matter is Zero, in your eye.

As for me, and all Muslims, we believe in all the revealed Books to all the prophets. We believe in the unadulterated Bible revealed Books. Exactly how it was revealed, without any after the fact changes. Even the language it was revealed in. So today, we can see some truth in it. It is like the littlest amount of gari, in a big bowl of water. You can only get a few gains here and there. Thank God, I only accept the truth that is still left in the Bible, because same is in the Qur'an.

Pilgrim.1 admonishing all to stop the mudslinging. The quote is directly below.

Make I hear word! You only talk and have nothing to show in your walk! It's easy to post some misled tafsir about the prohibition; but YOU olabowale have been at the front of such insults in your derision against Jesus Christ. With such hypocrisies, you really do not interest me in any discussion.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: So you try to admonish individuals, but you could not take the same advise for yourself! Issues around here, if one is sincere, is not do as I say, but truly, a leader has to walk the walk. Otherwise, he or she has other hidden agenda. How can Tafsir be a misled tafsir about a prophibition, when the prohibition, is clearly stated in the Qur'an and Tafsir, is the process of explanation of Qur'an?

A very simple question: WHERE have you obeyed the injunction of such a prohibition when in fact you have derided Jesus Christ?

Where is the walk in your bloviated talk?

olabowale:

As for me, and all Muslims, we believe in all the revealed Books to all the prophets. We believe in the unadulterated Bible revealed Books. Exactly how it was revealed, without any after the fact changes.

Lol. . . are you not so confused already? WHERE is the "unadulterated Bible"? When did it disappear when Muhammad knew for a fact in his day that no such idea could be substantiated?

olabowale:

Pilgrim.1 admonishing all to stop the mudslinging. The quote is directly below.

Precisely. And I will post it yete again until you guys wake up from your Muslim hypocrisies.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2007
@olabowale,

Lol. . . I just thought to try and be a bit mor engaged with my work for the meantime; but let me rush yours:

olabowale:

@PILgrim.1: By our prophet below, Stranger26, simply means Muhammad, is exclusive to the Muslims, alone.

This just goes to show indeed that the idea of Muhammad by the "exclusive to Muslims" interjection is partisan politics! So, where does that leave you with the claim that Muslims are asked to believe in other NON-Muslim prophets outside of the Qur'an?

olabowale:

My question to you is this; is Muhammad an acceptable prophet, in the same as Moses, etc? If your answer is yes. then why aren't you a Muslim? If your answer is no, then there you have it.

As a non-Muslim (or rather a convert from Islam to Christianity), I could not deceive myself pretending that Muhammad was a prophet "in the same as Moses" or any of the Biblical prophets. WHY? I have given several reasons why I hold that persuasion based on Biblical and Qur'anic facts. Foremost on the list is the fact that God never once spoke to Muhammad; nor did Muhammad know who the Holy Spirit of God actually was! Whereas, ALL the prophets of the Bible heard God speak to them and they also knew the Holy Spirit of God by experience in their ministry. I cite just one example:

Micah 3:8
But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the LORD,
and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob
his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Now, if you are trying to make Muhammad of the same flank as the prophet Moses, you would have to show us where at all the following things could be identified in Muhammad's career:

(a) God spoke to Moses face to face -

Exodus 33:11
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face,
as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again
into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun,
a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Did Muhammad ever hear God speak to him?

(b) Moses knew the power of the Holy Spirit of God in his ministry and the lives of those who served God along with him:

Exo 35:30-31
And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the LORD
hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur,
of the tribe of Judah;
And he hath filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom,
in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of
workmanship.

Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake?
would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets,
and that the LORD would put His Spirit upon them!

Did Muhammad personally know WHO the Holy Spirit of God was?

It is important to see that your arguments are growing weaker by the minute - for Muhammad was never like Moses, and he only claimed to have been such without substance to that claim! Of course, there are tomes of other issues by which to distinguish between them; but how come it is true that ALL the other Biblical prophets knew God in a real way by DIRECTlY hearing God speak to them; whereas Muhammad never once heard God speak to him?!?

You cannot expect me to gullibly "accept" Muhammad's claim to be a 'prophet' from the same God who revealed Himself to the Biblical prophets, when as a matter of fact the same Muhammad never had a direct relationship with that same God!
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

The reason for 'Our,' in Stranger26 post.

Actually, stranger26 was not making sense - because the whole strain of her argument was further confirming indeed that Muslims have a disingenous "affinity" to other prophets besides Muhammad! Did you miss the fact I pointed out to her that the Qur'an claims that Muslims do not distinguish between the prophets? And yet, it was okay for her to try to make the point that it was okay to cry a pretended hola between Jesus and Muhammad. Why that kind of partisan spirit that the Qur'an condemns? Did she make the appeal to caution that NO PROPHET should be derided?

olabowale:

You already culled out, from the Qur'an that many prophets, at 25 are listed. Muslims accept them all and more.

Which prophets are you referring to - when I've already shown from the Hadiths that Muhammad believed in none of them and was only typically demonstrating his disavowal for the Biblical prophets?!? Let's ask you: where did you see Muhammad making any reference to Isaiah? Yet, that was a recognized prophet whom even Jesus quoted claerly in the NT!

olabowale:

The conditions of the Prophets with the Prophets and Messengers, which include Jesus son of Mary, (as), are well established. Maybe we should not write small letter 'a,' and other insulting notations when we speak of whatever God, we are speaking of. Shortening the name of Muhammad as if to cat call him in a street slang thuggish way, is a terrible thing. No Muslim will ever insult Jesus, son of Mary. You know it and I think we should all be sincere, in our speech, even when on opposite sides.

If only you were a man of your words! Olabowale, I have already called your attention several times as to the FACT that YOU have derided the same Jesus Christ in your pretended "respect" for Him! If there's anything at all that I dislike, it is the Muslim duplicity that is often times confirmed in your posts!

olabowale:

There is no Prophet of the Bible that any Muslim will aspersions, on as to insult or belittle, in any way. If a Muslim insult any prophet, he has insulted Muhammad, directly. They prophets are links on the same chain, from Abram to Muhammad and not counting out any of them, in between. Your assertion of 'fake' respect thereby, is of your own making.

Lol. . . keep lying and trying to gloss over the facts! You should have some shame when you post in a public Forum; especially when you're trying to cover up the fact that you have categorically derided Jesus Christ.

olabowale:

Islam tells us to honor Jesus and respect his mother. We have more miracles performed by his Lord through him, in the Qur'an, far more than the Bible. No Muslim doubts any of them. Whereas, we have learned Christians doubting many of the conditions attached to Jesus.

Apart from the fact that Muslims are the ones doubting the "conditions" declared of Jesus in the Bible, let me ask you to confirm another dubious claim in Islam:

Olabowale, HOW MANY miracles of Jesus are recorded in the Qur'an?

Please list them out, and then I'll give you a list from the Bible to compare the chart! You guys really have no shame when you make such bloviates and cosmetic claims that you can't provide from your Qur'an!!

olabowale:
So Pilgrim.1, is it hot out there in 'ol country of the colonialists, this morning, that you just can not wait to strap on the boxing gloves?

Are you feeling so beaten to a pulp as to quickly make that inference? grin Lol. . . under any weather, a LIE is a hot issue to dispel!!

olabowale:

Its almost winter, but definitely its fall already. Cool down and lets have civilised dialogue. If I know which part of the Yorubaland, your blood is from, then i will be able to understand why you are quick to get so hot around the collar. You know, the blood that runs through the veins has alot to do with temperament of the individual. calm down and enjoy the ride.

I'm quite cool where I am; but let me remind you: even the Yorubas do not acquiesce to bogus assertive duplicity - religious or not! grin
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by pilgrim1(f): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
Dear olabowale,

Just an example of what I have been trying to point out several times about Muslim attitude in speaking about other religions. This was your comment:

olabowale:

The conditions of the Prophets with the Prophets and Messengers, which include Jesus son of Mary, (as), are well established. Maybe we should not write small letter 'a,' and other insulting notations when we speak of whatever God, we are speaking of. Shortening the name of Muhammad as if to cat call him in a street slang thuggish way, is a terrible thing. No Muslim will ever insult Jesus, son of Mary. You know it and I think we should all be sincere, in our speech, even when on opposite sides.

What did don maselo mean by this?

don maselo:

Once again God approves of forcible sex-attack.

Perhaps you may have a few moments thinking issues through before trying to pretend that Muslims will never insult "whatever God" they are speaking about. Please follow the highlighted link to the page and see there how Muslims tried to celebrate the illiterate and irreverent attitude of don maselo.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2007
stranger26:

As regards the issue of ridiculing biblical prophets, then I'm sorry I cannot believe you. These prophets are our prophets too so it is unthinkable that we would ridicule them; please check your facts.

Muslim dishonesty knows no bounds. In order to give the fraud of islam a facelift, they have run around struggling desperately to insert the biblical prophets into their religion.
The sad thing is we dont see ONE SINGLE "prophecy" by these biblical prophets IN THE QURAN.
We cant find the injil allah claimed to have given to "prophet Jesus".
The Saburr they claimed was given to David cant be found in the quran.
Where is the Torah of Moses?

Where are the prophecies of Isaiah, Samuel, Joshua, Hosea?
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by DChair: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
i think OLABOWALE has finally realised this. I hope he convert sooner. sad
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by alafin(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2009
D-Chair:

i think OLABOWALE has finally realised this. I hope he convert sooner. sad

HE WILL NEVER AND HE'S HEADING TO HELL FULL STOP
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by olabowale(m): 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Thank you Alafin in Abuja. Alafin is supposed to be in Oyo. No? Oh well.

You are right. I will never be an idol worshipper like you.

You are right I will never be a 3 god worshipper like you.
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
its so funny that xtians think muslims are going to hell,they dnt know its really mearnt for them(hell) cos they are not different from sango worshippers i mean the (christians)

salvation is only in the belief in ALLAH,his messengers,and good deeds
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by Nezan(m): 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
^^ Wasnt the Christian hell created before mohammed came up with his warped view of hell?
Re: Should We Believe "allah Is God" If Yes/no Give Your Reasons. by No2Atheism(m): 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2009
uplawal:

its so funny that xtians think muslims are going to hell,they dnt know its really mearnt for them(hell) cos they are not different from sango worshippers i mean the (christians)

salvation is only in the belief in ALLAH,his messengers,and good deeds

- Can you please show the Quran or Hadith verse that talks about Salvation and what you have said or is that just your own personal opinion.

- Mohammed did not know anything about Salvation . . . hence even He could not promise you salvation.

- Allah himself did not guarantee that Muslims would not go to hell (i.e. the muslim hell). . . even though you use your head to hit the floor all day long.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Man Block His Fellow Man's Destiny? / NAIRALANDERS!!! This Has To STOP!!!!! / Atheism A La Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.