Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) (25762 Views)

Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features / My Posts Don't Used To Show On New Topic Page.why / How To Create A New Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by koolJ1(f): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
And I'm equally following 169? Duh! Dats bullcrap!!
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by shesco(m): 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
@seun,can you please include the PM button.
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by lifestyle1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
shesco: @seun,can you please include the PM button.

I have asked him about this but he is not saying anything... I may be forced to do this my self. undecided
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Afam4eva(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
kool J: I get scared of clicking on the 'followed topics' option cuz its just humongous!!!!! As at tym of typing,545 followed topics,filled with topics dat do not mirror my own interests. My followers do not share same interests with me,I don't really care about seeing their threads. Pls as already mentioned, reduce dat to jst their most recent posts. Nairaland looks weird with all dat much numbeer of notifications joor
You only see threads of people you're followinng and not your followers. If you feel the number of updated threads are humongous then unfollow people you don't share interests with.

1 Like

Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by shesco(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
life_style:

I have asked him about this but he is not saying anything... I may be forced to do this my self. undecided
how ar u gonna do it?
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by tpia5: 1:48am On Jun 08, 2012
Just follow the old format imo
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Tgirl4real(f): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
Seun,

Kudos, I have seen a lot of improvement, esp. the fact that you can mark all items as read at once. The problem is that you sometimes want to read some and you don't wanna read some.

Is it possible to remove topics you view but didn't post on from appearing on the followed topic list? I can't imagine having 293 followed topic when in reality I am only part of a few.

Then, it will be nice if the topic from people you follow can have a life span, let's say 3 days max.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by tpia5: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
oh my goodness, what happened again today?

"totally avoidable maintenance"?

smh.

with the way mukina has been going gaga these days, something is definitely up. undecided
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Tgirl4real(f): 1:41am On Jun 09, 2012
tpia@:
oh my goodness, what happened again today?

"totally avoidable maintenance"?

smh.

Lol. I'm sure that is a typo. Guess it should be unavoidable.
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by tpia5: 3:08am On Jun 09, 2012
according to seun's twitter update (no, i dont follow nl on twitter- just followed the link from google), those were his exact words.

i think i quoted him correctly.
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by tpia5: 3:10am On Jun 09, 2012
why was this 2011 thread moved or deleted:

Re: Picture: 2face, Daughter (isabella) And Wife (annie Macaulay)

Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Hemsley: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
Thanz
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by weatherman1(m): 12:50am On Oct 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by femur5(m): 4:01am On Jun 23, 2015
@Seun, i am new here, i want to post real life trend in calabar, no be specific religious. You might find it interesting. It is written in queen english. Topic is ' pastor's prejudice call-of wedding in calabar'
please reply me.
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Keke123: 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
2017 Gem project awardees
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Jefflake(m): 11:48am On Jun 03, 2017
hmm
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by rex444(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Lost
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Honora000: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2018
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Honora000: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2018
emsquare:
Ok!

!!!
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by Vcent50: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2018
Nice
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by seanjost: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
Seun:
Hello Nairalanders,

The last time I posted an update, the Following page showed a list of posts made by the people you were following. This wasn't as cool as it should have been, so we went back to work on the feature, and switched to a format that shows the topics your friends recently posted on. How have you found this change?

We also noticed a rather obscure bug that prevented people from posting topics on boards the people following them were also following. For example, none of the people I was following could post on the programming board because I was following the programming board. None of the people yamakuza was following could post on the webmaster board because he was following it. This unfortunate bug has been there since we introduced board following, but we've fixed it now.

I'm sorry about the bug, and I hope you enjoy the updated feature. We should probably tackle trolls and spammers next, right?

RECENT UPDATES:
* The Followed Topics page now has a "Mark All As Read" feature.
* Following now shows the name of your the people you follow and provides a direct link to their last posts on each thread.
Re: Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) by JEDade(f): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ok thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

s / 5 Nobel Laureates From Africa (pictures) / Send A Shoutout To Nairalanders That Made You Smile This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.