Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:13 PM

Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well (1900 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by cold(m): 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Dana Crash: Co-pilot Amaechi Obodo is alive
Posted about 4 hours ago | 3 comments
His name was listed as one of the crew members of the ill-fated Dana Flight 9J-922. His face was published on the pages of the papers as a victim of the crash. But yesterday, Mr. Amaechi Obodo, a co-pilot at Dana Air declared that he was alive and well.

YNaija had reported a day after the crash that the pilot, co-pilot and flight engineer were all non-Nigerians. However some papers had erroneously included Mr Amaechi Obodo, indigene of Delta State, among the crew.

He said he did not fly that day because he was off duty from Friday to Sunday and stayed with his mother all through the day.

Mr Obodo however bemoaned the loss of lives in the crash and spoke glowingly of his colleagues that died in the crash, saying: “I loved them dearly. We were on duty together and it is very unfortunate that I lost them that way. May their souls rest in perfect peace.”

The co-pilot came out strongly in defence of his employers, Dana Air, absolving them of any accusation of negligence. He said: “My Airline is the best in the country. I can confidently say that because we are the people that work there. People are just spreading rumours about Dana Air. It is unfortunate it happened that way, nobody could have prayed for it to happen”

On the allegations that the plane was faulty, Obodo said: “The report of the investigations would clear the issue. We need to wait for the result of the black box.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/07/dana-crash-co-pilot-amaechi-obodo-is-alive/
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
pratical idiot!!! if it were you that died mr. Amaechi, will you have the mouth to say this another gullible Nigerian SMH

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
^^^ what do yu want Mr. Amaechi to say? Dana Air has nt foldd up, he is stl an employee of the Dana!
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Maxymilliano(m): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
Irrespective of what might have happened, Dana Air is still one of the best airline around presently. The plane crash is just unfortunate, many other factors could have been responsible for the crash but not improper maintanance.

The issue of bird strike is a serious issue especially as monsoon is approaching and migration of birds is prevalent in the airspace.

I once survive an international flight that got struck by birds mid-air and one of the engines got faulty. God bless the dead.
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
cogitoErgo: ^^^ what do yu want Mr. Amaechi to say? Dana Air has nt foldd up, he is stl an employee of the Dana!
cogitoErgo: ^^^ what do yu want Mr. Amaechi to say? Dana Air has nt foldd up, he is stl an employee of the Dana!
this are Not Nigerians! don't pay attention. Hope you guys are aware the FG has revoked their License?
Maxymilliano: Irrespective of what might have happened, Dana Air is still one of the best airline around presently. The plane crash is just unfortunate, many other factors could have been responsible for the crash but not improper maintanance.

The issue of bird strike is a serious issue especially as monsoon is approaching and migration of birds is prevalent in the airspace.

I once survive an international flight that got struck by birds mid-air and one of the engines got faulty. God bless the dead.
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
Maxymilliano: Irrespective of what might have happened, Dana Air is still one of the best airline around presently. The plane crash is just unfortunate, many other factors could have been responsible for the crash but not improper maintanance.

I think you are a slowpoke, the plane was grounded by Alaska Air before it was brought in here, a phucking 22yrs old plane was not supposed to fly after mechanical issues
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by nikkyshyne(f): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2012
Wait! I don't get it. How long does it take for information educed from the blackbox to be expelled to the public?
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2012
nikkyshyne: Wait! I don't get it. How long does it take for information educed from the blackbox to be expelled to the public?
atleast it can't take more than a month Maximum

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by gulfer: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
cold: Dana Crash: Co-pilot Amaechi Obodo is alive
Posted about 4 hours ago | 3 comments
His name was listed as one of the crew members of the ill-fated Dana Flight 9J-922. His face was published on the pages of the papers as a victim of the crash. But yesterday, Mr. Amaechi Obodo, a co-pilot at Dana Air declared that he was alive and well.

YNaija had reported a day after the crash that the pilot, co-pilot and flight engineer were all non-Nigerians. However some papers had erroneously included Mr Amaechi Obodo, indigene of Delta State, among the crew.

He said he did not fly that day because he was off duty from Friday to Sunday and stayed with his mother all through the day.

Mr Obodo however bemoaned the loss of lives in the crash and spoke glowingly of his colleagues that died in the crash, saying: “I loved them dearly. We were on duty together and it is very unfortunate that I lost them that way. May their souls rest in perfect peace.”

The co-pilot came out strongly in defence of his employers, Dana Air, absolving them of any accusation of negligence. He said: “My Airline is the best in the country. I can confidently say that because we are the people that work there. People are just spreading rumours about Dana Air. It is unfortunate it happened that way, nobody could have prayed for it to happen”

On the allegations that the plane was faulty, Obodo said: “The report of the investigations would clear the issue. We need to wait for the result of the black box.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/07/dana-crash-co-pilot-amaechi-obodo-is-alive/
Please stop this misinformation- how can he be the co-pilot? The pilot and co-pilot both went down with the ill-fated plane. So because he has flown with the demised pilot / in the ill-fated craft; does that automatically make him the co-pilot on this flight?
Re: Dana Crash-co-pilot Amaechi Is Alive & Well by Beaf1: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
^^
Please tell them.

I came here thinking that the co-pilot had misteriously survived the crash only to read this

The co-pilot of that plane is death! Amaechi happened to be a co-pilot on several other flights of the ill-fated plane.

*hope im making sense* cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Invented The Machine Gun-- Sir Hiram Maxim. / Prof Jega Admitted That Anambra Election Was Sabotaged By Prof Onukogu / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.