Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos (11298 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2012
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Esinwaju: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2012
bashr8: garbage , uptill today yorubaland and people lack all thse while others havemoved on , keep competing with the north in backwardness
You are an assh0le so it makes sense that you are shitting and farting through the orifice on your face.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Akanbiedu(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2012
greateros: Oga GEJ! I like ya style!

You forgot the igbos and their block votes!

You forgot the urhobos and their block vote plus their defense and worship of anything GEJ[beef et al]!

The north is your enemy!

The yorubas are rascals!

The middle belt can kill themselves for all you care!

I begin to wonder who are your constituency?? Only the Ijaws i guess!

Visit the villa and you will be appalled by the presence of Ijaw men and women every where with their long black native wears looking like vultures gathered for the final meal on the elephant's carcase!! u then begin to understand why GEJ needs N1billion for feeding - He is feeding his entire clan that have relocated to Aso Rock villa!

Beef - you are here talking trash and willing to die for GEJ while your people are being marginalized! what a shame!

Beaf gets paid. That is the "koko" for him.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2012
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by rubu1: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2012
all nigerian are hyprocrite just because ur relative is not appointed there to go and cut the national cake you are angry na god catch una. our son our son our son indeed ur sorrow!!!!!
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2012
Kilode?!:
Where is the [b]"our son must be president so we can chop like hawusa people" [/b]crowd now?

How far with the chopping?

24 hour electricity don reach una village?

. Yes oh,dem dey even share free jollof rice every afternoon
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by sheyguy: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2012
In a nutshell, the 'little' our SS brothers complained about during OBJ and Yar'adua time is getting smaller by the day. I wonder why we didn't get these kind of letters in OBJ's and yar' adua's time.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2012
Urhobo is a nation being destroyed by greed. Ask the urhobo nation to provide 2 candidates for appointment. Oghara will produce 2, Agbarha-Otor will produce 4, Jesse will produce 2, as a matter of fact the 25 kingdoms must produce at least 1 candidate for just 2 slots they were asked to fill. Before you know what is happening, Okpe or Isoko will say they are not Urhobo and produce 2 candidates and the stronger opponent takes it. This scenario has played times without end in the past and prompted people like Chief Mowoe of blessed memory to form Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU)so we could speak in one powerful voice in the 1940's. Today the UPU is a shadow of itself having a president that can't even speak the language in the person of Gen. Patrick Aziza.

Greed has totally messed us up that today the UPU is nothing, now we have G3, Urhobo Political Forum(UPF)and other small unions like the one who wrote this petition all sprang up because everybody wanted something to control. Chief Benjamin Okumagba succeeded in messing up the UPU, was challenged vehemently but Urhobo kings were too facking weak to take side. We have gradually destroyed ourselves and brought to the level where we are today.

My dad worked hard to restore sanity but he was just too upright for the system. I have stopped blaming him now but if he had put uprightness aside, I probably would be a globe trotting brat and spewing shit about Nigeria and only coming home when I need to change stashed money. My dad was one of the few that took Urhobo to its highest point, won't mention his office else he would be easily spotted as that office is now the heritage of the yorubas and hausas.

I guess the final straw of our destruction was Chief James Ibori, Ibori was the major force that delayed the making of Jonathan Acting president through Aondokaa. We know how far Ibori went to make sure the country was ruled by a person in coma. Ibori is Urhobo and if my kinsmen did to me what ibori did to Jonathan, I won't associate with them when I eventually get my goal.

When delta state was created out of Bendel state, being the majority, we were asked to chose where we wanted to be made capital, if I am not wrong we offered 4 choices and while we were busy arguing whose should be chosen, the FG took it to Asaba. We are now so weak, we can't even retain office of the governor. Chief Ighoyota Amori will definitely get his evil reward for the atrocities he has committed against his own people.

We planted the seed of our destruction and it has grown over 20 years and blossomed, now is the time of harvest. We must all eat from it.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by sirp2007: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2012
This letter should be taken to shredding machine for immediate action.
l always believe that marginalisation is a theory propanded by selfish individuals to satisfy their greed at the expense of others.
Until we discard enthnicity and celebrate unity,issues like this will always come up.
These folks crying blue murder should tell us what they have done or intend to do to better the lots of d urhobo pple.
Why re they not agitating 4 good governance that will benefit all nigerians instead of fighting for a set of pple within d country.
If as they claimed d ijaws re favoured,does it mean d ijaws re exempted or immune 4rm d decadance in d country(health,education,infrastructure,crime etc)?
WE NEED STRUCTURAL DEVT THAT WILL BENEFIT ALL NOT THIS ''VILLAGE FAVOURISM''
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by nagoma(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2012
onthefence:

When you people where jumping like Monkeys that "our South-South" brother must emerge as President you forgot that it will be "to your tents" I laugh in Nepotism.

GEJ an Ijaw president with learner driver clumsiness, a blunder prone mediocre. One day we may have a Nigerian president.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Yeske2(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2012
blink182: Urhobo is a nation being destroyed by greed. Ask the urhobo nation to provide 2 candidates for appointment. Oghara will produce 2, Agbarha-Otor will produce 4, Jesse will produce 2, as a matter of fact the 25 kingdoms must produce at least 1 candidate for just 2 slots they were asked to fill. Before you know what is happening, Okpe or Isoko will say they are not Urhobo and produce 2 candidates and the stronger opponent takes it. This scenario has played times without end in the past and prompted people like Chief Mowoe of blessed memory to form Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU)so we could speak in one powerful voice in the 1940's. Today the UPU is a shadow of itself having a president that can't even speak the language in the person of Gen. Patrick Aziza.

Greed has totally messed us up that today the UPU is nothing, now we have G3, Urhobo Political Forum(UPF)and other small unions like the one who wrote this petition all sprang up because everybody wanted something to control. Chief Benjamin Okumagba succeeded in messing up the UPU, was challenged vehemently but Urhobo kings were too facking weak to take side. We have gradually destroyed ourselves and brought to the level where we are today.

My dad worked hard to restore sanity but he was just too upright for the system. I have stopped blaming him now but if he had put uprightness aside, I probably would be a globe trotting brat and spewing shit about Nigeria and only coming home when I need to change stashed money. My dad was one of the few that took Urhobo to its highest point, won't mention his office else he would be easily spotted as that office is now the heritage of the yorubas and hausas.

I guess the final straw of our destruction was Chief James Ibori, Ibori was the major force that delayed the making of Jonathan Acting president through Aondokaa. We know how far Ibori went to make sure the country was ruled by a person in coma. Ibori is Urhobo and if my kinsmen did to me what ibori did to Jonathan, I won't associate with them when I eventually get my goal.

When delta state was created out of Bendel state, being the majority, we were asked to chose where we wanted to be made capital, if I am not wrong we offered 4 choices and while we were busy arguing whose should be chosen, the FG took it to Asaba. We are now so weak, we can't even retain office of the governor. Chief Ighoyota Amori will definitely get his evil reward for the atrocities he has committed against his own people.

We planted the seed of our destruction and it has grown over 20 years and blossomed, now is the time of harvest. We must all eat from it.
Too bad
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by gulfer: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

i think u are lost. i wasnt among those clamouring for a confirmed failure in Bayelsa to become the president just because he is our son
Guy, don't you start denying your I billion Naira Cassava eating cousin! grin grin grin
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2012
gulfer: Guy, don't you start denying your I billion Naira Cassava eating cousin! grin grin grin

Deny ke? bros no be me ooo
i was never brought up with a daily dose of "oyel" and "kai-kai" nau grin grin
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Kilode1: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
ballabriggs: Shell is still a pain on my community and we have a man from the Niger Delta as President for over two years. We have Oronto Douglas who was a Niger Delta 'rights activist' as his Special Adviser on research and strategy- whatever that means- yet we cannot guarantee the safety of our environment. How do we push our cause when Jona eventually leaves power? Who would listen to us? Sack Oronto Douglas now!

+1

Very important questions from ballabriggs.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Kilode1: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
sir-p2007:
This letter should be taken to shredding machine for immediate action.
l always believe that marginalisation is a theory propanded by selfish individuals to satisfy their greed at the expense of others.
Until we discard enthnicity and celebrate unity,issues like this will always come up.
These folks crying blue murder should tell us what they have done or intend to do to better the lots of d urhobo pple.
Why re they not agitating 4 good governance that will benefit all nigerians instead of fighting for a set of pple within d country.
If as they claimed d ijaws re favoured,does it mean d ijaws re exempted or immune 4rm d decadance in d country(health,education,infrastructure,crime etc)?
WE NEED STRUCTURAL DEVT THAT WILL BENEFIT ALL NOT THIS ''VILLAGE FAVOURISM''

Well, these kind of groups write these kind of letters because their past actions ballooned on their faces. Many Nigerians clamoured for a more pan-Nigerian election in April 2011, but some folks insisted they had to get their son in power and stick it to the "Awusa". Well the result was that we got one of the most divisive elections in the history of Nigeria in 2011.

The massive rigging and intimidation aside, through their divisive ethnic and religion themed campaign, they managed to get many to vote based purely on those kind of sentiments. So here we are now.

I must say though, ethnic identity in a country like Nigeria is not entirely bad, people have to identify with something to define and ground themselves, it's just human. But the tragedy of Nigeria's case is when these kind of natural impulses are exploited so callously by a greedy, visionless political class. That was the case in 2011 as it was in past elections and even during Military rule.

Hopefully we can learn and improve as we approach 2015. Syria is a good example of why we really need to learn fast. Competence and merit above sentiments is very essential as we move forward.

I remain hopeful.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by merengue: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
When I was telling my fellow ND brothers not to vote in a confirmed failure as president, they all called me a traitor, now who's laughing. The unfortunate thing is this: The so-called "Ijaw" domination is for the benefit of a few people and not even the Ijaw nation. Oil spills, fires, poverty, social miscreants are still aplenty in Ijaw communities from Ondo, Bayelsa through Delta, GEJ's administration has done nothing to change that. The truth of the matter is that there has never been one Niger-Delta (only a fool or a thief will sell that BS) and there will never be one.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by joeokri: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Exactly what I was about to ask! What contribution did previous Urhobo appointments do to the development of Urhobo communities. Even Ijaws that have the President, how has Bayelsa state or other Ijaw enclaves changed in the last 5 years? All these are political trollers with no interest in development.
look when talking about marginalization it means depriving ones from his or her right. when those spelt out ministeral position were given was it all the ijaw people that were made ministers? it is one person from that area for crying out loud ''BLOCK HEAD''. Urhobo's plight should be head and answered.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by lacasa: 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Fresh air grin
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by ezer(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
blink182: Urhobo is a nation being destroyed by greed. Ask the urhobo nation to provide 2 candidates for appointment. Oghara will produce 2, Agbarha-Otor will produce 4, Jesse will produce 2, as a matter of fact the 25 kingdoms must produce at least 1 candidate for just 2 slots they were asked to fill. Before you know what is happening, Okpe or Isoko will say they are not Urhobo and produce 2 candidates and the stronger opponent takes it. This scenario has played times without end in the past and prompted people like Chief Mowoe of blessed memory to form Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU)so we could speak in one powerful voice in the 1940's. Today the UPU is a shadow of itself having a president that can't even speak the language in the person of Gen. Patrick Aziza.

right on point. As a proud urhobo man, i wud like to see a spot allocated to us on national level, but then, will this bring development to the people? GEJ might decide to respond positively on this letter, but unless there's unity amongst the urhobos and the slot is given to a sane rep, the status quo on the urhobo land remains unchanged. The urhobo youths shud sanitse their system, deal with chieftains and those selling out, clamour for unity, be upright. Then this letter will be appreciated. Am for good governance...
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Beaf: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
All I see on this thread are the usual Yoruba bigots who think they own an inch of Delta state fooling themselves as usual. Some of them are even claiming to be Urhobo.

Pathetic.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
The 'fishermen' are about to start their revolution, let everyone take cover.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Demdem(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf: All I see on this thread are the usual Yoruba bigots who think they own an inch of Delta state fooling themselves as usual. Some of them are even claiming to be Urhobo.

Pathetic.

my friend shaarrrappp dia.
whats wrong in discussing delta issues? Dont we discuss "The state of Osun" together with serious references to Aregberascal?
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Beaf: 3:37pm On Jun 08, 2012

Urhobo people have always been highly individualistic, UPU was only so big in the past because of the subjugation of Urhobo land while we were still in the Western Region; it is easy to see thats its decline commenced in the time of Jereton Mariere when we were emancipated as a vibrant part of the Midwest.

The individualism of the Urhobo people is a positive mark that has seen them perform way above ethnic groups of similar size. Count Nigeria's richest today and Urhobo land is over represented; count bank ownership, again the same over-representation. Is it nollywood (Zak Amata etc) you mean to look at or is it JAMB scores or achievements in the legal field (Ovie-Whiskey, Keyamo etc)? Media ownership? What? How many know that Chief Majoroh is the architect behind the Teslim Balogun stadium and other massive projects?

Urhobo people are amongst Nigeria's most vocal, daring and brave as well, another pointer to why they are so successful even though a only tiny minority in Nigeria.

Those people asking vocally for ministerial appointments come across as mere area boys. All the Urhobo person needs is an enabling environment to allow our individualism and daring to thrive.
Quite clearly, those who wrote that appalling letter with its disgraceful display of poor English are barely educated, mentally squalid embarrassments to the Urhobo nation. But our friends here (the ethnically bigotted rabid rabble and yellow-eyed jealous finger pointing outsiders) cannot know that the average Urhobo is highly educated, intelligent and would never put out such low quality literary trash; talkless grovel for handouts.
Anyway, many of our yellow-eyed outsider friends are only used to listening to NURTW and OPC, so its no surprise.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Beaf: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
Demdem:

my friend shaarrrappp dia.
whats wrong in discussing delta issues? Dont we discuss "The state of Osun" together with serious references to Aregberascal?

"The state of Osun" is not an ethnic group, fool.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf:

"The state of Osun" is not an ethnic group, fool.

Iddiot, "The State of Osun is what the state calls itself. Mooron. Urhobos are part of Delta state and part of delta issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozgyUlDR4Y
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by Ejine(m): 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf:

Urhobo people have always been highly individualistic, UPU was only so big in the past because of the subjugation of Urhobo land while we were still in the Western Region; it is easy to see thats its decline commenced in the time of Jereton Mariere when we were emancipated as a vibrant part of the Midwest.

The individualism of the Urhobo people is a positive mark that has seen them perform way above ethnic groups of similar size. Count Nigeria's richest today and Urhobo land is over represented; count bank ownership, again the same over-representation. Is it nollywood (Zak Amata etc) you mean to look at or is it JAMB scores or achievements in the legal field (Ovie-Whiskey, Keyamo etc)? Media ownership? What? How many know that Chief Majoroh is the architect behind the Teslim Balogun stadium and other massive projects?

Urhobo people are amongst Nigeria's most vocal, daring and brave as well, another pointer to why they are so successful even though a only tiny minority in Nigeria.

Those people asking vocally for ministerial appointments come across as mere area boys. All the Urhobo person needs is an enabling environment to allow our individualism and daring to thrive.
Quite clearly, those who wrote that appalling letter with its disgraceful display of poor English are barely educated, mentally squalid embarrassments to the Urhobo nation. But our friends here (the ethnically bigotted rabid rabble and yellow-eyed jealous finger pointing outsiders) cannot know that the average Urhobo is highly educated, intelligent and would never put out such low quality literary trash; talkless grovel for handouts.
Anyway, many of our yellow-eyed outsider friends are only used to listening to NURTW and OPC, so its no surprise.

LMFAO!!! grin grin Bikokwanu, I just had my tonsils removed. I no fit laugh for dis afternoon grin grin
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by stivin(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
jason123: The DG of National Maritime and Safety Administration (NIMASA) occupied by an Itsekiri folk was removed and pronto another Ijaw man was appointed with dispatch.

Mr. President is aware that the Urhobos and other nationalities who subscribed to the Amnesty Programme were excluded from the programme, while the few that are enlisted are shut out from the training programme.

It will not serve any purpose if we point out the Multi Billion Naira Presidential Amnesty Programme headed by another Ijaw folk from a fringe riverine community in Ondo state.

SMH! Mchew

i think there might be some truth in the Ijaw-Agenda-talk.
recently, i got wind of an Ijaw-only NIMASA recruitment for teenage school leavers into a NIMASA scholarship training where they will emerge as Marine Engineers, Marine architects [i]et al[/i]after which they will be employed to fill the much talked about manpower deficit in the marine sector.
The info on this scholarship admission was being passed from ear to ear through their Communities student groups and associations.
Few months ago, the DG of NIMASA, sited a marine institute in his home state university;NDU.

Infact, I think that oil is the only thing that binds us together as a Nation.
We are actually yet a One-Nation.
It is well.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by stivin(m): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
berem: urhobo marginalised by ijaw! battle of the minorities. very very interesting! grin

na u b majority?
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by jason123: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
stivin:

i think there might be some truth in the Ijaw-Agenda-talk.
recently, i got wind of an Ijaw-only NIMASA recruitment for teenage school leavers into a NIMASA scholarship training where they will emerge as Marine Engineers, Marine architects [i]et al[/i]after which they will be employed to fill the much talked about manpower deficit in the marine sector.
The info on this scholarship admission was being passed from ear to ear through their Communities student groups and associations.
Few months ago, the DG of NIMASA, sited a marine institute in his home state university;NDU.

Infact, I think that oil is the only thing that binds us together as a Nation.
We are actually yet a One-Nation.
It is well.

@The black highlight:
Bro, it is NOT well.

@The red highlight

You got that spot on!
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by stivin(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
Detongue: D Urhobos should not complain, d warri crisis was cause by dis greedy urhobo ppl.

When dey team up with d ijaws to fight dir commom enemy, dey thot all d goodies will come to dem so let dem lick dir wounds.
B rest assured dat u ppl will not get anything 4rm dis govt. Wicked and greedy ppl

shame! shame!!!, because u b itsekiri- Who would always want the Ijaws to remain in the river and be forever unexposed to civilisation and be unable to fight for their right, Shame!!!.The warri crisis gave birth to this vibrant Ijaw Nation we have today. The Urhobos is and will remain the lords and colonial masters of the Ijaws who just came out of the water and as such needed those already on land to provide food and exposure for them.Go to ANY Ijaw community, the urhobos population there could well compete with that of the aborigines. Civilisation came to the Ijaws by the Urhobos.Ask and they will tell you undoubtedly.So Urhobos are Big brothers to The Ijaws, It is only natural for the ijaws not to forget so soon, how they were helped by the urhobos.
Re: A Letter To President Jonathan On Ijaw, By Urhobos by sheyguy: 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beaf: All I see on this thread are the usual Yoruba bigots who think they own an inch of Delta state fooling themselves as usual. Some of them are even claiming to be Urhobo.

Pathetic.

Is this your best? Instead of facing issues you and I know are true here, u have decided to call it the work of "the usual Yoruba bigots". Common, u can surely do better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maikanti Baru Visits NSCDC Headquarters In Abuja / 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari / Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.