Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,625 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? (55328 Views)

Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? / A Thread For Toyota Camry Big Daddy Users / MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING? NISSAN ALTIMA 2003-2006 EVERYWHERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by goldng: 6:30am On Jun 08, 2012
Toyota cars are sound, If you like it then go for it. cool
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by bisi16(m): 6:43am On Jun 08, 2012
dayokanu: Honda Accord series : HondaAllah, Honda Skirach, Honda bullet, Honda Bulldog, Honda Baby-boy, Honda End of discussion, Honda Discussion continues and the latest Honda evil spirit

Toyota Camry series: Toyota Pure water, Toyota Orobo, toyota pencil light, Toyota fish light, Toyota Big-Daddy, Toyota Muscle/Voltron. Dont know what they call the latest 2012
Toyota transformer? Lol

~Bluetooth:

The car is so unnecessarily big with poor interior and it looks sluggish.The voltron model has more respect than this toy.
So so correct, even d voltron model too isn't dat fantastic interior wise.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by RolandPet(m): 6:51am On Jun 08, 2012
Same here...I went to cotonou cous of big daddy camry...on getting there I met a brother of mine,he discourage me(that I will look like a teacher inside that car...blalalala) to an extent that I change my mind there instantly and bought discussion continue Honda,but I like that !
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Prestonvic(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2012
center console is so empty! but itz a gud car!!
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Bright2(m): 6:53am On Jun 08, 2012
Yes! The car is good just that most people including me,don't like the design most especially the back settings.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Bright2: Yes! The car is good just that most people including me,don't like the design most especially the back settings.

Thank you!!!

The ynash is too flat. Compare that camry to '08+ camry.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by shabaranky: 6:59am On Jun 08, 2012
I hear they also call it BIG FOOL!

3 Likes

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 08, 2012
shabaranky: I hear they also call it BIG FOOL!

grin grin grin
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by jeezybuck: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2012
Good contribution u all

The Later explains further, the Vehicle is Unnecessarily Spacious, the Trunk Can Contain a Large COW.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Ninilowo(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2012
dayokanu: Honda Accord series : HondaAllah, Honda Skirach, Honda bullet, Honda Bulldog, Honda Baby-boy, Honda End of discussion, Honda Discussion continues and the latest Honda evil spirit

Toyota Camry series: Toyota Pure water, Toyota Orobo, toyota pencil light, Toyota fish light, Toyota Big-Daddy, Toyota Muscle/Voltron. Dont know what they call the latest 2012
Toyota mirinda. abi? lol.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Ninilowo(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2012
zuchyblink: big daddy's camry doesn't have second value and it gets old and shapeless quickly
Gbam!
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by damilola15: 7:22am On Jun 08, 2012

Ah ah even evil spirit. Anyone cares to share the reasons for some of these names.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by nonso84(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2012
I recall the ride was the bomb in town b/w 2004 to 2006, remember a classmate driving it, feeling cool with it then.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Judeotis: 7:34am On Jun 08, 2012
I have the xle of this campy and I have used for 3 years it is super when it comes to performance the only problem is the legs which has to do with Naija bad roads

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2012
sgsltd1: You big daddy will attract biG thief with big gun,run for your life,If u need breaktru this year click my signature
Network marketing. ponzi scam. pele tie ooo
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by victorazy(m): 7:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Big Daddy? We knew it as Big for nothing.
The car engine is fragile besides the high cost of about 350 - 400k, the engine can't stand far journey.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 08, 2012

You missed out Honda addidas and Honda Anaconda. cheesy
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Biggyd2: 8:15am On Jun 08, 2012
shabaranky: I hear they also call it BIG FOOL!

In fact that is the name I am conversant with
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 08, 2012
MSItachi: My wife hates it cos the inside is empty! Especially the radio etc area

Your wife is correct. Toyota's interior are boring....
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 08, 2012
Thank heavens someone finally put up a picture.
I didn't want to show myself up.
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Faithnn: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2012
People nickname it "Big Daddy or big for nothing" because of its size,but the ride is good to go.The manufacturer did it like that to compete with the size of mercedes v boot for those that like spacious cars.However if u want to buy the car, strive for V6(six) plugs engine because of replacement cost.The 4 plugs engine sales for b/w N350k-N400k.while 6 plugs sales below or above N150k.If u are interested in the 6 plugs engine u can contact me 08131012103 as i have one available.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by rollyfemmy: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2012
The only complain of Nigerians about the car Big daddy..is not about the engine or the performance or the maintenance but it's just about the size(too big)...Because if it's about the movement..i will go for it anytime, anyday.....One man's food is another man's poison...

3 Likes

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Ozichim(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2012
Bros, the response so far doesn’t sound reasonable, for somebody asking for reason not to buy a car,

Pls, the Toyota car Big Daddy is just ok. Don't mind those talking about shape. Believe me, It must be some half educated Nigerian Mechanics that must have given it the name “Big for nothing” though they may not mint it for evil. The car Engine wise, body shape interior are just ok. It is just that the car (Big Daddy) is a bit intimidating outwardly, so some proud/poor people get so surprise that it is not after all so expensive. I'm a technical person and if you ask me this car is the best Camry car so far. Believe me any serious technical owner can service the Alternator & Kick by himself, because they are easily mounted and dismounted.

You may be surprise that even though the car is very good some people will not buy this car just because some people call it big for nothing.

It you like the car, you must be so reasonable, just go for it. So far I have not seen any defect on the car. Any problem with the car can be managed. If you have done small racing with just four plug model of this car you will understand that the car Engine & suspension wise is very good. The Nigerian Name (Big for nothing is low level man description and is a name deformation). For people looking for good, portable, easy, manageable car, this is their Choice.

The name "Big Daddy" is a better description for the car, It is men’s car and any good Man attracts respect & wonderful good looking men are intimidating & sometimes with fearful countenance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by adegorilla(m): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2012
I don't know why people say a lot of negative things about cars they probably never used.
As for me, the Camry big daddy is one of the best the best cars i've ever used. I still have my old Camry 2000 (fish light) and
one can never compare their handling. The big daddy has a superior traction control and as for the engine, 'i'm loving it'.
This car's engine is fitted with VVTi technology for less fuel consumption with better performance. It is faster and smoother than the fish or tiny light.

The only thing is that the car needs more careful handling, e.g. stuffs like frequent removal of battery could pose a Big problem. As per maintenance cost, its marginally higher and not a day and night thing

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Knight1(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2012
Two things going against the car.

1. It loses shape easily

2. It came in betweeen two superbly wonderful products ( pencil/eraser and Muscle) while it was just quite ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by ziccoit: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2012
sgsltd1: You big daddy will attract biG thief with big gun,run for your life,If u need breaktru this year click my signature

And you are asking people to click your signature for breakthrough.
Your comment is actually breaking through nothing.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 08, 2012
Good morning comrades.

Thank you for your responses so far. Pls does anyone know the cost of the GEARBOX?

Many thanks.

You all are wonderful

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by utenwuson: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2012
toyota s d one of d best car producing company... Bt i fink camry big daddy is dier mistake..formally call big 4 nofin. S 2 big,d body s nt strong, nt heavy n people ridicul it n dats y is very cheap... Ma aunt bought hers 4 850k
Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by ollyruffy: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2012
OP, if you want a reliable car with peace of mind, go for that camry. Forget about the name that was given to it by our local auto technician. I have one since 2009 and i have only changed engine oil and oil filter on it. I will recommend the car even for my enemy anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It? by emsquare(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2012
Biggyd2: For me it is just the design, especially the back. Generally Toyota cars are sturdy and efficient.

Yep!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why / Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Man Protects His Car Side Glasses In A Hilarious Way {hilarious Pic}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.