Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Failed To Raise Capable Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Failed To Raise Capable Leaders (554 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / The Truths Obasanjo Failed To Tell Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Failed To Raise Capable Leaders by newspapers: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
Renowned economist, Prof. Pat Utomi, has dismissed former President Olusegun Obasanjo as lacking leadership quality.He conjointly accused the previous president of falling to lift capable leaders.

Utomi, once delivering a lecture titled, ‘Re-appraising the Concept of Sovereignty’ at the graduation of the Philosophy Department of the Dominican Institute, Ibadan on Friday, regretted that Obasanjo didn’t create sensible use of his second likelihood as leader of the country.

Obasanjo served Nigeria as a military ruler between February thirteen, one976 to October 1, 1979; and as elected President from could twenty nine, 1999 to could twenty nine, 2007.

Utomi said, “One of my biggest pain is that former President Obasanjo, once the expertise he had, didn’t do what he ought to do as a pacesetter to form this country. He didn’t rise to the role he speculated to play.

“I suppose that he was in a very position where he may examine history and dream to be the daddy of this nation. the sole role that he ought to have played was to bring the most effective and therefore the brightest brains along and encourage them and then watch the country grow, however he failed. My personal read is that there are things from his childhood that kept him back.

“Obasanjo passed through folks telling him lies. If you tell him one thing that produces sense, overnight someone can come back and tell him a unique factor. He would dance and create foolish choices. God simply place Obasanjo there to play that remodeling role in Nigeria however somehow, he didn’t correspond with the grace that was given to him.”

According to the Social Democratic Mega Party’s candidate within the 2011 presidential election, the leadership the country needs is one that engages in self sacrifice.

Utomi added, “It is regarding data. If you don’t have data you can’t do it. If those 2 come back along well progress can happen.

“We can get to the purpose where we tend to can’t excuse the incompetence anymore. however these characters have to be compelled to depart this world and that i don’t shrewdness.

“We cannot lose hope. matters in India was therefore dangerous at a time however the history of India modified. I even have a positive read of Nigeria. a part of Nigerian’s tragedy is that the folks don’t scan.

“Rather than the worry of Nigeria calling it quits I dream to ascertain Nigeria where at some point Benin Republic can say as a result of the country has done well we wish to be the thirty seventh state.”

The President, Dominican Institute, Prof. Anthony Akinwale, said the department selected the lecture title due to the state of the state.

He said, “The teams creating up this country are fused along by force by the British imperialist. we’ve a state held along at gunpoint.
http://www.ngnewspapers.com/

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Want Governorship Election In Ondo Moved / 3 Faulty Planes Still Flying - Top Aviation Chief / Non-payment Of Allowance: Corps Members Lock Up Commissioner In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.