Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,273 members, 7,954,068 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:50 AM

I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe (15922 Views)

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' / UNILAG VC Professor Adetokunbo Babatunde Sofoluwe Is Dead? / Unilag Vc List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by tpia5: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2012
Like i said, illiterates full here.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2012
You for die. What aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ You waiting for.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2012
tekute4all: You for die. What Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ You waiting for.

What do you stand to gain if he dies?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by member479760: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2012
na minus one the thin go bi.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 09, 2012
nakedall: na minus one the thin go bi.

You get sense at all so? Na by force to post something if you no get anything reasonalble to say?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by manibuds(m): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
I convulse with irritation when i see pple telling unilag students and alumni to accept maulag because there doesnt seem to be any cogent reason for refusing it.please is 'swag' or 'efizzy' not a good reason to refuse a name?artiste alter their names or change it outrightly for the sake of swag.a lot of research and sampling is done before a product or company is named and yes 'swag' is a main factor in deciding the final name.did the name 'goodluck' not affect GEJ throughout his life?infact GEJ was not even assessed in a presidential debate before nigerians voted,his name was enuf.even moshood kashimawo abiola was abbreviated to MKO to give it swag,but it doesnt quite work well with lag at the end of it.psychological toture from pple calling unilag students malulag student is enuf.river nigre(that is what is called in the earliest records..nigre means black in latin),then it became niger(the pronounciation of 'g' was cleverly changed from the 'g' in gate to the 'g' in george because as at 1914 niger or nigger had already officially become an offensive word),now all you pple saying or implying that there is nothing in a name should go and do more research on the meaning of nigger and tell us if we should not start fighting to change it before january 2014.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by macherie1: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
I beg to say that those who see nothing wrong in the change of name are just as shallow and clueless as GEJ. Imagine Omotola Jalade changing her name to Moriamo Jelili.Can you imagine what advderse effect that would have on her career? UNILAG has become internationally known and the change of name to MAU is just like 50 years step backwards like the professor rightly mentioned. I am in full support of Honoring Abiola but a wise president would have thought of a better way of doing it. It a pity that we are stuck wit GEJ for now.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
ma cherie: I beg to say that those who see nothing wrong in the change of name are just as shallow and clueless as GEJ. Imagine Omotola Jalade changing her name to Moriamo Jelili.Can you imagine what advderse effect that would have on her career? UNILAG has become internationally known and the change of name to MAU is just like 50 years step backwards like the professor rightly mentioned. I am in full support of Honoring Abiola but a wise president would have thought of a better way of doing it. It a pity that we are stuck wit GEJ for now.

No mind them. They did not have the privilege of attending the prestigious institution. All Y'all Unilag haterz, y'all can lick my black asz.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by BabaTony: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
What stupid brand are people talking about.is it academics? I don't think so. The only brand unilag is known for is prostitution, the highest number of female prostitutes with the internationally recognised aristos throwing nigeria's stolen money around.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Ugosample(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
BabaTony: What stupid brand are people talking about.is it academics? I don't think so. The only brand unilag is known for is prostitution, the highest number of female prostitutes with the internationally recognised aristos throwing nigeria's stolen money around.
See the rubbish you wrote. Who says unilag is known for prostitution? Don't you know that unilag has produced great people? Just stay outta it.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by ezer(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
I pity this prof..he would only av died for nothing..did he build the university??..nonsense!!!
Am amazed..where is the love for abiola!!..shoo!!
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
ezer: I pity this prof..he would only av died for nothing..did he build the university??..nonsense!!!
Am amazed..where is the love for abiola!!..shoo!!

Who be this?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by ezer(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
cryptic:

Who be this?

Kikiki!!!..do u really need to respond to every comment??..you are just as myopic as this clueless VC who almost died cos of the renaming of Unilag..lol!
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by tpia5: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
^^hey, enough of the exclamation points and superlatives.

are you losing your marbles or something?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
tpia@:
^^hey, enough of the exclamation points and superlatives.

are you losing your marbles or something?

Help me ask am o...
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
ezer:

Kikiki!!!..do u really need to respond to every comment??..you are just as myopic as this clueless VC who almost died cos of the renaming of Unilag..lol!

Bros abeg read your comment make you analyze am yourself.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Duke007(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
For God sake how long sh we continue to disrespect our president!As 4 d Prof,may b he shd ve die or better stil,commit suicide.Nigerians shd learn to respect d president.lam in d academic profesion&l tel u that obtaing a PhD ain't a joke.GEJ is an intelligent man & as our leader he can veto any thing that wil do us gud.What a better way to honor d late MKO than to name UNILAG after him.The world over,presidents are known to rename institution after prominent people,why shd any inconsiquential person open their bucca cavity and insult Gej.We all voted 4 him,lets enjoy the fresh air while it lasts
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by otokx(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
The man spoke well and hope the matter would be settled in court.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by faithedu(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2012
Nice one....i wish i can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊ †̥. Hug U̶̲̥̅̊ for replying this senseless citizen.....he just commented nt because he had something †̥ say but because everybody ȋ̝̊̅§ commenting....senseless dude
Rolly83:

guy u are a 'BLOODY BASTARD', were in the world are Universities renamed any how with out due consultation is'nt it in Nigeria.Cretin keep ur senseless views to urself if u hav'nt got sensible things to say.Foooool!
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2012
manibuds: I convulse with irritation when i see pple telling unilag students and alumni to accept maulag because there doesnt seem to be any cogent reason for refusing it.please is 'swag' or 'efizzy' not a good reason to refuse a name?artiste alter their names or change it outrightly for the sake of swag.a lot of research and sampling is done before a product or company is named and yes 'swag' is a main factor in deciding the final name.did the name 'goodluck' not affect GEJ throughout his life?infact GEJ was not even assessed in a presidential debate before nigerians voted,his name was enuf.even moshood kashimawo abiola was abbreviated to MKO to give it swag,but it doesnt quite work well with lag at the end of it.psychological toture from pple calling unilag students malulag student is enuf.river nigre(that is what is called in the earliest records..nigre means black in latin),then it became niger(the pronounciation of 'g' was cleverly changed from the 'g' in gate to the 'g' in george because as at 1914 niger or nigger had already officially become an offensive word),now all you pple saying or implying that there is nothing in a name should go and do more research on the meaning of nigger and tell us if we should not start fighting to change it before january 2014.

Look man, change is permanent & Unilag or any oda institution is not exempt. A name is important, fine, but 'class' is d most important. University of Ife was changed to OAU, & it didnt change d institution's value, it even got better. Unilag wasnt renamed 'GEJ university', so why all the fuss? It was renamed afta a hero who fought 4 our democracy (and who also did very well 4 unilag). It might take a while, bt im sure we'll all get used 2 it.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 10, 2012
ma cherie: I beg to say that those who see nothing wrong in the change of name are just as shallow and clueless as GEJ. Imagine Omotola Jalade changing her name to Moriamo Jelili.Can you imagine what advderse effect that would have on her career? UNILAG has become internationally known and the change of name to MAU is just like 50 years step backwards like the professor rightly mentioned. I am in full support of Honoring Abiola but a wise president would have thought of a better way of doing it. It a pity that we are stuck wit GEJ for now.

Mind u, if Omotola's husband changes his name 2 Jelili, she wont hav a choice bt 2 change it, and remember her birth name wasn't 'Ekeinde', she changed it wen she got married. Unilag wont be d 1st institution 2 have a change of name, and im sure dey wnt b d last, so jst get used 2 it.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2012
samuelee1:

Mind u, if Omotola's husband changes his name 2 Jelili, she wont hav a choice bt 2 change it, and remember her birth name wasn't 'Ekeinde', she changed it wen she got married. Unilag wont be d 1st institution 2 have a change of name, and im sure dey wnt b d last, so jst get used 2 it.

Oga, if u have nothing reasonable to say just keep mum rather than coming here to display ur ignorance.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2012
Duke007: For God sake how long sh we continue to disrespect our president!As 4 d Prof,may b he shd ve die or better stil,commit suicide.Nigerians shd learn to respect d president.lam in d academic profesion&l tel u that obtaing a PhD ain't a joke.GEJ is an intelligent man & as our leader he can veto any thing that wil do us gud.What a better way to honor d late MKO than to name UNILAG after him.The world over,presidents are known to rename institution after prominent people,why shd any inconsiquential person open their bucca cavity and insult Gej.We all voted 4 him,lets enjoy the fresh air while it lasts

No mind dem jare. Maulag is here 2 stay weda or not dey lyk it. Any1 dat dies who hav died 4 notin
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2012
samuelee1:

No mind dem jare. Maulag is here 2 stay weda or not dey lyk it. Any1 dat dies who hav died 4 notin

Your written English is really poor. I would want to think that you had difficulties getting into Unilag and that is why you are hating on the school... I got a question for you. Did you know that an estimated 1 billion naira is the amount it will cost to rename the institution? Do you know the amount of lives that will be saved if that money was used in renovating some terrible roads? Do you know someone is dying somewhere right now because of the inadequacies of our leaders? Of what benefit will renaming the institution be to you?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Ugosample(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
cryptic:

Your written English is really poor. I would want to think that you had difficulties getting into Unilag and that is why you are hating on the school... I got a question for you. Did you know that an estimated 1 billion naira is the amount it will cost to rename the institution? Do you know the amount of lives that will be saved if that money was used in renovating some terrible roads? Do you know someone is dying somewhere right now because of the inadequacies of our leaders? Of what benefit will renaming the institution be to you?
please, help me ask them! They should stay out of this, the matter is in court, and the bill/letter is on the desk of the nat assembly. Let us see what happens next. If the name means so much to the stakeholders, why take it away from them?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
cryptic:

Oh really, my english is poor, and I guess ure so perfect. Maybe ure right about the 1billion, but dnt u tink GEJ knows abt dat b4 he changes it. Cum 2 tink of it, do u tink GEJ would b so heartless enuf 2 jst cause a rift among thousands of students in Unilag. He's a Phd holder, & im sure u knw its nt easy 2 hav dat. He wnts wats gud 4 d country, however pple c it. They jst dnt wana giv him d chance, & dats so unfair.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
samuelee1:

Oh really, my english is poor, and I guess ure so perfect. Maybe ure right about the 1billion, but dnt u tink GEJ knows abt dat b4 he changes it. Cum 2 tink of it, do u tink GEJ would b so heartless enuf 2 jst cause a rift among thousands of students in Unilag. He's a Phd holder, & im sure u knw its nt easy 2 hav dat. He wnts wats gud 4 d country, however pple c it. They jst dnt wana giv him d chance, & dats so unfair.

The fact that he is a phd holder means what? We all know the kind of country we are in. Anything goes as long as you have dole...Abeg the man no get sense. Anyone that supports is dumb move is also senseless...
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
cryptic:

The fact that he is a phd holder means what? We all know the kind of country we are in. Anything goes as long as you have dole...Abeg the man no get sense. Anyone that supports is dumb move is also senseless...

Ok then, mayb ure ryt abt nigeria being corrupt, bt must we continue lyk dat? D problems abt Nigerians is dat we're neva content, there's no president dat'll please us. We're always complaining. Ok pls ansa dis, wil d change of name affect d certificate gotten out of d skuul?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by abayolb: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2012
Y all dis noise over d name change of an institutn,but we r found of name change in nigeria Y compair us with other countries NEPA was change 2 PHCN where r u dan since it bear NIGERIA not 2 talk Unilag dat it is lagos dat gave it is hype,let ponder it carefully wats d diffrent in name dis 2 UNI in lagos(uni of lagos:unilag and lagos state uni:lasu) if d 2 result was present outside d country it may create confussn.As 4 d lazy student fightn gov over a name change u r d product of d uni either name change or not ur functn in d labour market give 2 d name d name did not giv 2 u(understand what i mean)

1 Like

Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Remii(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
samuelee1:

Ok then, mayb ure ryt abt nigeria being corrupt, bt must we continue lyk dat? D problems abt Nigerians is dat we're neva content, there's no president dat'll please us. We're always complaining. Ok pls ansa dis, wil d change of name affect d certificate gotten out of d skuul?

don't mind them, they are crying as if this is the first or would be the last school to be changed. All over the world there have been so many changes of institution names. Any one that is so attached to a particular name should reference it when applying for job. A reputable institution should also be aware of change of name of institutions such as Unilag to Maulag.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
cryptic:

Oga, if u have nothing reasonable to say just keep mum rather than coming here to display ur ignorance.

You're d ignorant 1 here. I was just following up on the example he gave. Try to learn to accept changes, cos its the only permanent thing in life.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
samuelee1:

You have made a lot of sense bro. I understand where u are coming from. But do you know what Nigerians problems are? The answers are
1. We tolerate mediocrity
2. We are not empathic.

Until will do away with mediocrity and embrace excellence, Nigeria will never move forward. We are not our brothers keepers and that is evident in the way you have become jealous about this situation. You will not and I repeat, YOU WILL NOT support this if you were either a student or an alumnus of Unilag. Jonathan would have rejected it also if he was an alumnus. There is no LOVE in Nigeria. The average Nigerian neighbor is looking for an avenue to exploit his next door neighbour.You say how will the name change affect the certificate? How about Changing the brand name "apple" to steve jobs to honour him? How about McDonald's? It is called branding brother. Unilag is a brand. It is one of the top 33 schools in Africa and changing the name will certainly have a negative effect(you might wannna research the negative effects of re-branding). God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WAEC RUNS And WAEC Miracle Centers: Why You Must Avoid Them / Ibom Metropolitan Polytechnic / Cheveron And Shell Scholarships Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.