Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37949 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Ganys: 8:55am On May 29, 2012
Just heard this in his presidential broadcast., Nairalanders, What do you think about it

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by femo86(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2012
I heard it too.UNILAG now Moshood Abiola University of Lagos...what does that changeNOTHING.WTF

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by TonySpike: 8:59am On May 29, 2012
OP, are you sure about this? Is Goodluck trying to bribe a section of the country or what? Keeps me wondering though...
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:03am On May 29, 2012
femo86: I heard it too.UNILAG now Moshood Abiola University of Lagos...what does that changeNOTHING.WTF

It's called immortalize and please stop acting like an illiterate ! tongue

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:03am On May 29, 2012
Tony Spike: OP, are you sure about this? Is Goodluck trying to bribe a section of the country or what? Keeps me wondering though...

Everyone knows Abiola june 12 struggle is more synoymous with democracy in Nigeria than may 29,so it has nothing to do with yoruba cuz this is long overdue.mehn fu-ckin 20 years ago ! grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by damola1: 9:06am On May 29, 2012
immortalise wetin?...

This is damn UNILAG we are talking about not some OSU... Damn!... God.. this dude needs to be kicked out!

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by femo86(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2012
MKO ABIOLA has notin 2 do with UNILAG. He should have being remembered or placed seperately in d Fed. Govt...wetin concern Mko with Unilag. Insecurity, unemploymt, food, should be tackled.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:12am On May 29, 2012
damola1: immortalise wetin?...

This is damn UNILAG we are talking about not some OSU... Damn!... God.. this dude needs to be kicked out!

What is wrong with unilag ? Were schools not named after Awolowo,Azikwe,Okpara,Ahmadu ? Why should Abiola's own be different ?

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by doctokwus: 9:13am On May 29, 2012
What d hell;anoda clueless move,anybody supporting dis move needs to sit down& reflect wellcheesy name UNILAG,if u attended it or not,is iconic& synonymous wt a reverred institution,renaming it Moshood Abiola wateva does nobody no favors.Its a typical childish,ill thought out act,synonymous wt GEJ& some pple support this,giv me a break

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:14am On May 29, 2012
femo86: MKO ABIOLA has notin 2 do with UNILAG. He should have being remembered or placed seperately in d Fed. Govt...wetin concern Mko with Unilag. Insecurity, unemploymt, food, should be tackled.

Which aspect of this dont you understand ? That Abiola was immortalized or that jonathan named unilag after him ?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by slimyem: 9:15am On May 29, 2012
jeez!
Nothing can be more dull than this step!
Nothing!
If there's any other definition for dull,this is it!cheesy

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Desola(f): 9:15am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Which aspect of this dont you understand ? That Abiola was immortalized or that jonathan named unilag after him ?

The name 'UNILAG' was fine just as it was, it was synonymous with class and panache but renaming it MAU just takes away the prestige in my opinion. I hate this jonasatan even more now. Gosh!

9 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by TonySpike: 9:16am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Everyone knows Abiola june 12 struggle is more synoymous with democracy in Nigeria than may 29,so it has nothing to do with yoruba cuz this is long overdue.mehn fu-ckin 20 years ago ! grin

Bro, I understand what you mean. But, is renaming a University going to replace what MKO Abiola struggled and stood for? I see a hidden motive in GEJ and the FG's action and I think you should agree with me on this. The JUNE 12 ideal is far bigger than renaming UNILAG!!!

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by sirwebs(m): 9:16am On May 29, 2012
From Twitter:

Boy: So what school are you in?
Girl: Moshood Abiola University
Boy: Oh, That's in Ekiti, right?

21 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by MrGlobe(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2012
What exactly did Abiola - a known bigot - contribute to Nigeria's democracy? A man that was even betrayed by his people. Anyway they can put up the bullshyte in the sw. As long as its not the east, I could care less but am laughing off at jonathan trying to reach out to Yoruba folks. Hoooohooohooo. The new name sounds local and petty tho. Jonathan remains a daft!

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Desola(f): 9:17am On May 29, 2012
Tony Spike:

Bro, I understand what you mean. But, is renaming a University going to replace what MKO Abiola struggled and stood for? I see a hidden motive in GEJ and the FG's action and I think you should agree with me on this. The JUNE 12 ideal is far bigger than renaming UNILAG!!!

bless you!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by damola1: 9:20am On May 29, 2012
Desola:

The name 'UNILAG' was fine just as it was, it was synonymous with class and panache but renaming it MAU just takes away the prestige in my opinion. I hate this jonasatan even more now. Gosh!

Well said... How can you take away UNILAG.. God damn...I am going to get involved in politics!... I have to... How can you take away such beauty...

MKO is my guy.. in fact, I idolize him... but this is way above it all... There's already a moshood abiola poly... am sure MAU is just an extension of that...
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:20am On May 29, 2012
Desola:

There used to be a university of ife until it was named after Awolowo.All you need is get use to the new nomemclature !

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by mrmofasa(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2012
This is simply a celebration of Cluelessness and Stupidity by GEJ. . .even as a Yoruba man, i don't know what Abiola has done to deserve such.

Unilag's new name now sounds like a state University. . .bereft of its distinguish-ness.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:21am On May 29, 2012
desperation

dude , the sw rascals will have nothing to do with you - you have defined yourself as president of mend and massob - gtfo - you can rename unn ojukwu uni and pti as dokubo institute for al we care

empty gestures that you paymasters will soon overturn with comments you will remain silent on
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:23am On May 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:
What exactly did Abiola - a known bigot - contribute to Nigeria's democracy? A man that was even betrayed by his people. Anyway they can put up the bullshyte in the sw. As long as its not the east, I could care less but am laughing off at jonathan trying to reach out to Yoruba folks. Hoooohooohooo. The new name sounds local and petty tho. Jonathan remains a daft!

All I need everyone to see that you are the first to tribalize this issue and thankGod,I have your time today.You sick sonovabitch.Didnt your grannies vote for him and tell me how Abiola happened to be a bigot ? Sorry oju-iku will be mortalized in hell !

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ibide(m): 9:25am On May 29, 2012
Luckyjo ure cluless why not name the new federal university in ekiti after abiola ? Whell , just give us niversity of urhobo unirho
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Desola(f): 9:26am On May 29, 2012
oyb: desperation

dude , the sw rascals will have nothing to do with you - you have defined yourself as president of mend and massob - gtfo - you can rename unn ojukwu uni and pti as dokubo institute for al we care

empty gestures that you paymasters will soon overturn with comments you will remain silent on

That wasn't even a gesture! That was an utter ridicule of the Yoruba stalwart and a ruse to water down the prestige that UNILAG held.

Everything that man touches turns to dust. He is such a bearer of bad tidings.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:28am On May 29, 2012
Desola:

If confirmed to be true, this is a 'populist' move which signals the current administration's latest departure from order and sensibility angry

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by MrGlobe(m): 9:29am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

All I need everyone to see that you are the first to tribalize this issue and thankGod,I have your time today.You sick sonovabitch.Didnt your grannies vote for him and tell me how Abiola happened to be a bigot ? Sorry oju-iku will be mortalized in hell !
I didnt vote for him. sad This is an act of desperation from Jonathan
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by fluxbush(f): 9:30am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

u jus became a sick sonovawhore by displayin the same ignorance as mr globe.no be evrytin u go answer.use ur idle time beta.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:33am On May 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I didnt vote for him. sad This is an act of desperation from Jonathan

I dont give a fu-ck either about Jonathan but what I have always wanted was Abiola to be remembered in Nigeria ! If Jonathan finally did that,goodluck to him afterall obj had 8 years but he couldnt do it !

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by warrior01: 9:33am On May 29, 2012
to be frank here, in as much as i want the famous ITT man immortalized, renaming our much beloved UNILAG after a controversial figure like MKO is a no no....

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:34am On May 29, 2012
fluxbush: u jus became a sick sonovawhore by displayin the same ignorance as mr globe.no be evrytin u go answer.use ur idle time beta.

Are you retarrded ? angry
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Demdem(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2012
MKO was definitely a great man however i do not like this idea to be honest. we now have Moshood Abiola University Lagos. wait a minute, i think there is one Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in ogun state
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:35am On May 29, 2012
fluxbush: u jus became a sick sonovawhore by displayin the same ignorance as mr globe.no be evrytin u go answer.use ur idle time beta.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by femo86(m): 9:35am On May 29, 2012
Dis guy is sick....u know yourself of course.ode osi,oponu....olodo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / Remembering University Days... Define Each Person In This PHOTO / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.