Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? (28749 Views)

Abeokuta Paradise Nature Park in Jamaica / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? / The Most Populous Black Nation In The World - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
Royal-VII:
inresting thread though....Similar situation has taken place in mexico...but reverse

Mexico use to have a Large Black Population 100-200 years ago...

They have all mysteriously disappeared....

Most Logical people suspect Mass Killings of Blacks...

Where did all the Black People in Mexico go?...Have they vanished?..

Good question...

interestingly enough there was violence towards the blacks but they MIXED with the local population.

there are a couple of documentaries about that on youtube.
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hmmm...so when we gonna do Private Chat....i gotta put you back on tha Team

You said u datin some cameroonian niqqah right?...he in America or Africa?

You said u a 80's babii..so you at least 23/24....Right around mah age..

.....You ma Future Babi Motha stop runnin from me...Gotta Get you preggo asap

I wanna Smart Feisty Babii cheesy
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Funny indeed.
If you watch the end of the FULL documentary you will realize the video is basically admitting to what I am saying. wink
As for the Irish "being slaves", the Irish slaves also OWNED African slaves, hence many Jamaicans having Irish last names. And in the documentary the Asian man admitted that the Asians moved to Jamaica and segregated themselves from the black Jamaicans. Refusing to hire them and often would not publicly interact with them. Unfortunately for them, Jamaican people are rebels so they learned the hard way that we are not "in America". Segregation won't work. wink

Remember I said that right? grin

Let's post a FULL excerpt from the documentary.
with a transcript since you cannot understand English...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OftFO5wmMQ

@ 4:36

Chinese Jamaican man: "It was triggered by Something. And the Chinese to an extent were to blame for this. I wouldn't even say to a certain extent...the Chinese were to blame for it in my opinion. The Chinese isolated themselves. They made money off the community. They had shops, they made money but they never really mixed with the... The Chinese had a club. They kept to themselves. We had dances only chinese were there. We never mixed in with the general Society. The wrong thing to do if you are going to live in he country. You need to become part of the society."

Ok...
But let me make another point...

"The Chinese Must Go"....

hmmm sounds familiar....

[size=18pt]"Ghana Must Go..."
"INDIA Must Go..."[/size] those last two statements are NOT from jamaica. wink and I assure you no Nigerian would appreciate them being called "racists" or "hateful" because they won't tolerate disrespect in their country. "Who feels it knows it".

Back to the docu. the white lady @ 7:03 saying she was insulted. I am positive she was however, many Jamaicans KNOW the Irish were mistreated by the British too HOWEVER, most of OUR slave masters were also IRISH. Hence many black Jamaicans (in fact MOST) have Irish last names. The Irish were just poor whites. They still were able to acquire land unlike us. So, her point is not valid either. Most Irish who could not afford slaves or land remained poor and were disgusted that they were put in the same class as blacks, so they also separated themselves. It is because of that "we are not British but we are not niggers either" mentality that Jamaican blacks see them all as the same, that is why she is "vexed".

Azan is a Middle Eastern Jamaican and refuted her statement that there is an "island wide" mob mentality against non blacks. SO, that FURTHER PROVES, you DID NOT watch the documentary like you said you did. @#^%$ or what ever. L-I-A-R.
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2012
Royal-VII:
Hmmm...so when we gonna do Private Chat....i gotta put you back on tha Team

You said u datin some cameroonian niqqah right?...he in America or Africa?

You said u a 80's babii..so you at least 23/24....Right around mah age..

.....You ma Future Babi Motha stop runnin from me...Gotta Get you preggo asap

I wanna Smart Feisty Babii cheesy

lol smh.

You just won't give up huh?
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
Nope.... cheesy

I wanna know how close you truly live near me.... like give me a hint niqqah lol

Daddy where you met Mommy?~~~

"I met yo crazy az mother on some nigerian forum tawkin some crazy shid about Tainos,Somli's and Bantus."

....Our Hatred for each other creates Great Passion and Surreal Physical Chemistry....

LmL..Nah but fareal i juss wanna kno whea yo az Live....

If it ain't between tha Manhatten,,brooklyn,jersey city,newark,east orange,Areas...Then i know i can leave this forum lol

But if you in those areas...

Then i can't pass up tha opportunity to meet such an extremely Rare aggressively argumentative Crazy Black Nazi woman...such as yourself....

... tongue....
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Royal-VII:
Nope.... cheesy

I wanna know how close you truly live near me.... like give me a hint niqqah lol

Daddy where you met Mommy?~~~

"I met yo crazy az mother on some nigerian forum tawkin some crazy shid about Tainos,Somli's and Bantus."

....Our Hatred for each other creates Great Passion and Surreal Physical Chemistry....

LmL..Nah but fareal i juss wanna kno whea yo az Live....

If it ain't between tha Manhatten,,brooklyn,jersey city,newark,east orange,...Then i know i can leave this forum lol

But if you in those areas...

Then i can't pass up tha opportunity to meet such an extremely Rare aggressively argumentative Crazy Black Nazi woman...such as yourself....

... tongue....

well you gonna have to leave the forum then. Cause I no longer live up north. tongue
Ain't been there since 2010.
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
sad
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by member58: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
lol, how did this thread degenerate into a romance thread? and msdarkskin, why do u resort to cheap insults to get ur points across? hediot? u should look in the mirror.

and the focus of this thread is not about relationship between the colonists and immigrants, so what the chinese thought of u blacks is irrelevant to this thread. the reason i posted the video is that even amongst u colonists, the others seem to be fed up with u and the way u have moulded the country. but the focus of this thread is on the indigenous people that u blacks, the irish, chinese, germans, english, and whoever the fvck else are not. so please lets not lose focus here, aight?

and oh, sizzla is not a random artiste. if i wanted to pick someone random, i should have said bob marley or shaggy or sean paul. sizzla is one of my favorite artiste who happens to be jamaican that was why i mentioned him. i also like i-wayne but he is not as deep as sizzla, so there! but why u expected me to list a range of jamaican artistes is beyond me. but hey, i guess when u are running out ways to defend urself, u latch onto anything.

If you said, blacks mixed with the natives hence, they contributed to the decline in that way...well yeah though it was not by force as the populations allied.

grin oh, so u are now admitting to the role u played in their decline, good. but unfortunately the natives are no longer here to tell their side of the story. so why should i take ur word for it that it was not by force? u bred them out entirely that there is not a single one left on the island, thats cold!

so why did you breed them out?

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:40am On Jun 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:43am On Nov 06, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Yes I agree! it was none of your the black jamaicans business to go and teach them manners. even our Igbo brothers in Nigeria were cannibals in the past. does that mean we go and teach them manners ofcourse NOT! angry

Excuse me,sir. Where did you get the fact that Igbo were once CANNIBALS ?
Re: How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? by PAPAAFRICA: 3:34am On Nov 06, 2013
OP doesn't make any sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Colourful Pictures From The Anambra State New Yam Festival / Funniest Superstition You Were Made To Believe / New Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli I, Coronated At Ode Itsekiri Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.