Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,696 members, 7,840,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast (9521 Views)

The 7 Nigerian States With The Worst Debt Profile / Obasanjo And Osibanjo In Ivory Coast (Photos) / Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by solomon111(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
Beautymc: So funny. There's no peace in Nigeria and some nigerians are outside the country to keep peace. Charity they said begins at home.
DAFT!
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by deyrock(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
even na nigeria or na niger, are they nt human. Abeg una R.I.P. u dead a hero, preaching peace.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
they are soldiers of Niger, Ouattara had intended that the country is ungovernable when he was in opposition now taking office his wish is about to be realized embarassed, when UN killed people in Ivory Coast with the pro-ouattara soldiers was lying all these media to be moved cry
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by kutchs: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
@All pls dont blame the moderator, he is only doing what he knows best (creating mischief). What will it take to verify his information b4 posting? Once it is bad news about Nigeria it must make the frontpage immediately so that gullible Nigerians can start ranting. Shameful.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by cenaboy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
Those soldiers are not 4rm Nigeria.THE ARE FROM NIGER-REPUBLIC. HAVE ASSERTIANED
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by edoyad(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
doctokwus: Moderator dat doesn't check facts b4 posting,just to make frontpage.Besides ur untoward obsession wt postin anything,many irrelevant on d frontpage,u are now adding blunders.In an ideal setting,u wud @least av gone on suspension 4 dis gaffe.
Do correct ursef,d killed p/keepers were frm NIGER,not NIGERia.Rubbish

And who is this frustrated man trying to find solace in Aggression towards others ? Is the Moderator an Employee of CNN ?

May their souls rest in peace, I'm happy they were not Nigerian soldiers though I do commiserate with the Nigeriens
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by AnotherOkija: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
Cant we revenge?! angry
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by Adufaye(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
Make i hear say Nigeria send any battalion go keep peace again 4 another country...i swear i go use my own hand kill dem....u wan go keep peace well ur own country dey in trouble...after all we are among top 3 peacekeeping country in da world,and we are having a big probs with boko haram
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by crackhouse(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
Finland: Cnn is quick to associate every bad including death to Nigerians- all other news channels reported Nigerien
racist news channel lipsrsealed
mr man wetin nah?. Others are been corrected and u are still posting what i don't know.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by otokx(m): 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
Maybe its high time Goodluck changed the name of the country from Nigeria to something else
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by musiwa48: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
Nigeria need peacekeepers too.. There are more violent in nigeria.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by Starlett: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Based on the BBC reports, they're from Niger, meaning they were Nigeriens, NOT Nigerians. Only difference is in the letter e vs a.

However, we mourn them regardless of from where they hailed. They could have as easily been Nigerians, of course. They died in the course of peace, may God comfort and strengthen their families.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by Buc(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2012
justwise: Are they from Nigeria or Niger? .

BBC reported that they are from Niger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18376625

This links here reported that they are from Niger as well http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/un-says-7-peacekeepers-were-killed-in-an-attack-in-ivory-coast-more-than-40-now-in-danger/article4244041/

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10811871&ref=rss
. When i first read that Nigerian soldiers died i was suprised and couldn't blive, because, Nigerians can't lay their lives 4 Nigeria not 2 talk of others. If it happened, most likely an accident and not display of bravery. Let them look at d looting, bribery and corruption activities of d bluehelment thats where nigerians are. And if there is\was a dispatch of south African soldiers in d area, then, preparations should b made 4 Teenage pregnancy epidemic.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by stephoye: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2012
Eternal peace
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by Callimo(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
berem: niger or nigeria whats the difference anyway? both countries were named after the river niger. rest in peace brave soldiers!

Ur brain is water-logged, walai. kiss kiss
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by thoth: 9:00am On Jun 11, 2012
No matter where they are from the real question would be what are their real mission there ? The UN keep using african soldiers to intimidate and destabilize any group,country,region that rejects their imperialistic,destructive and anti-peoples policies. All hope atrocities are washed under the umbrella of PEACE KEEPING. Again what have they been doing there ? Who is making trouble there or have they been doing something else ? Does those villages truly want then to protect them from some people of do they want to be protected from the said peace keepers ? People should ask questions and not just swallow any garbage being spewed by the media. In this particular issue if you know the real truth you would not be proud to admit that your countrymen are there and part and parcel of this grave and atrocious injustice to mankind. Shame on any African country that has its soldiers under the UN intimidation and anti-african independence campaign.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by thoth: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2012
Buc: . When i first read that Nigerian soldiers died i was suprised and couldn't blive, because, Nigerians can't lay their lives 4 Nigeria not 2 talk of others. If it happened, most likely an accident and not display of bravery. Let them look at d looting, bribery and corruption activities of d bluehelment thats where nigerians are. And if there is\was a dispatch of south African soldiers in d area, then, preparations should b made 4 Teenage pregnancy epidemic.

Check out Sudan, hundreds of nigerian soldiers loose their life every month fighting for the interest of western oil companies. Killing,torturing and intimidating their sudanese brothers and taking away what belongs to them. While all those media that reports these lies to you keeps silent and you never hear about it.
Re: 7 Nigerian Peacekeepers Killed In Ivory Coast by thoth: 9:18am On Jun 11, 2012
Starlett: Based on the BBC reports, they're from Niger, meaning they were Nigeriens, NOT Nigerians. Only difference is in the letter e vs a.

However, we mourn them regardless of from where they hailed. They could have as easily been Nigerians, of course. They died in the course of peace, may God comfort and strengthen their families.

They died in the midst of their atrocities. They died while preventing the masses,the poor, the intellectuals and the worker from rising against a widely unpopular goverment. They died as a result of intimidating and silencing a village from revolting against french exploits of their lands leaving the locals with no means of sustaining themselves and denying them the means to voice out their misery. They are humans and they are expected to fight back if that is the only way they would be heard. Maybe by next coming weeks they would be called terrorist and fantasmagoria of stories and allegations heaped on them and as usual they would be given a name and who knows an unverifiable link to al-quaida but the truth remains that they are humans who has been denied a voice and has taken so much and has broken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Approves Reps’ Takeover Of Kogi Assembly / BREAKING NEWS!! Godwin Obaseki Booed In Atlanta / Edo: Fayose Warns Against Inconclusive Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.