Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,865 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

What Did Jesus Write In The Sand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Write In The Sand (1474 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by emoch(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
Remember when the Pharisees brought the adulterous woman to Jesus and he knelt down to write in the sand before replying them. What was he writing in the sand?
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by LogicMind: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
his shopping list
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by ea7(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
He wrote 'imma gonna fart now so you better run'
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by Goshen360(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
When you read the Gospel of John, you MUST have revelation because John wrote by Revelation. You can't read the Gospel of Revelation and your mind is closed. Glory to God. It's amazing with the revelation of what Jesus wrote and it is very clear in the bible what he wrote, I will be back to share with you what Jesus wrote on the sand USING bible verse to back it up.

If He wrote the Ten (10) commandments ON THE STONE with His fingers, What did he write ON THE SAND with His fingers? I will be back, going out now because it will take me time to expand the revelation of what he wrote on the sand. I will be right back, people of God.
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by trent9002(m): 6:46am On Jun 10, 2012
He wrote, "Dam.n, this Woman is sexy, To bleep or not to bleep?"
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
It was never disclosed in d bible which is d only book dat told dat story.so,we can never know.
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by Goshen360(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
Yes, we are NOT told in that context but Christ came to fulfill every prophecy that was written about him, every step and his life is prophecy being fulfilled. It's in the bible, I will share what he wrote maybe tomorrow cos it will take me some time. God bless you all.
Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by Goshen360(m): 1:36am On Jun 11, 2012
In Numbers 5:11-31, there is a law called “the law of jealousies.” It is a law that pertains to an appeal to the Supreme Court of God to determine guilt or innocence in the event that truth cannot be determined by men. In this law, the priest would actually write the judgments of the law upon a scroll and then submit the case to God for judgment. In this case of the adulterous woman, the woman's accusers were making an appeal to stone the woman based upon the law of Deut. 22:22, but Jesus knew that the witnesses were not credible in the sense that the man involved is NOT brought out to the public to be put to shame and stoned to death according to Deut. 22:22, so He appealed to the law found in Numbers 5, which was to bring the whole thing to the Supreme Court of God.

How did Jesus do the Appeal? Jesus didn't have a scroll with him at the time, so He wrote the judgments of the law upon the ground and what exactly did He write on the ground? The fact that the accusers who were the scribes and pharisees kept the man involved out of the public shame shows that they were partial to the law which they upheld and thought they were keeping. In other words, they were breaking the law they profess to keep and Jesus wrote their judgment on the dust or ground instead of writing the judgment of the woman to appeal it. What Jesus wrote is fulfilled in Jeremiah 17:13 Kjv,

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, [and] they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Also, prior to this event, in John 7: 38-53; the same religious leaders had just rejected Jesus and their bringing the woman alone, keeping the man out of the same is trying to even entrap Jesus Himself as usual of them plus the fact they rejected him as the living waters or fountain of the living waters in John 7:38-53, and they were willing to sacrifice the woman's very life to accomplish their religious act. So since the judgment of the woman was to be written on a scroll but there wasn't a scroll at that very time and Jesus perceived the religious leaders trying to ensnare him by not presenting the man because it takes two to commit adultery, Jesus then wrote the judgment of the scribes and pharisees on the dust which is found in Jer. 17:13 as their condemnation because by keeping the man out of the shame is NOT how the law of Deuteronomy says or intended it when two are caught in adultery about the judgment. Jesus then spoke to them, "he that is without sin should cast the first stone" Hence, Jesus instead of writing the woman's judgment, wrote the accuser's judgment and since they didn't understand it, Jesus spoke to them "he that is without sin should cast the first stone"

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Write In The Sand by Amujale(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jesus is a fictitious chatacter that never existed.

(1) (Reply)

Arrested For Putting On Pant In Redeem Camp. Isn't Dat Too Extreme?! / Bible Verses That Bother Me. What About You? / Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.