Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God (1264 Views)

White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by ZUBY77(m): 4:20am On Jun 10, 2012
I may be wrong in generalizing but the higher percentage of Nigerians worship their pastors, self ordained bishops and prophets. Each time i drive past a Christ embassy church, i see a giant picture of Chris Oyakhilome mounted in the Church sign post. I thought this was supposed to be if he has a crusade or something. Why would i go to a church where the pastors image replaced that of Jesus Christ? We are really doomed here.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by brownusagirl(f): 4:48am On Jun 10, 2012
That is in america as well. People should look to follow God not man. Man is not perfect and can lead you astray.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Dipwater(m): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2012
Friend there is nothing wrong with dat.evri bizniz man has a way of advertising. The sole aim of a bizniz is to make profit which he has been doing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2012
No, WE are not. THEY ARE DOOMED. What one chooses to let into their souls to shape their minds will either save them or doom them. Jesus said that himself in the bible and one of the non-canonical gospels(the gospel of Thomas, i think).
ZUBY77: I may be wrong in generalizing but the higher percentage of Nigerians worship their pastors, self ordained bishops and prophets. Each time i drive past a Christ embassy church, i see a giant picture of Chris Oyakhilome mounted in the Church sign post. I thought this was supposed to be if he has a crusade or something. Why would i go to a church where the pastors image replaced that of Jesus Christ? We are really doomed here.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Jenwitemi(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2012
How would they follow God when religion is so much in their faces? Or are you saying they should ditch religion in order to follow God?
brownusagirl: That is in america as well. People should look to follow God not man. Man is not perfect and can lead you astray.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by brownusagirl(f): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
Jenwitemi: How would they follow God when religion is so much in their faces? Or are you saying they should ditch religion in order to follow God?
no because it is the bible that people should organize to worship God. Ditching religion would be a bad move and can leave one weak and vulnerable.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
brownusagirl: Ditching religion would be a bad move and can leave one[b] weak and vulnerable.[/b]

to what?
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2012
brownusagirl: That is in america as well. People should look to follow God not man. Man is not perfect and can lead you astray.

correct !!

People should READ their BIBLES and be led by the Holy Spirit .
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by brownusagirl(f): 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
Martian:

to what?
satan and those who work for him. Look at the world. People are doing anything and everything.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by amor4ce(m): 4:56am On Jun 11, 2012
Nigerian Christians have been giving their lives to Zeus, thinking that they are covered with Zeus' blood bot not realizing it is their own blood. Don't they summon demons with the attendant chaos in the land, when they call upon JeZeus?
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by amor4ce(m): 5:15am On Jun 11, 2012
ZUBY77: I may be wrong in generalizing but the higher percentage of Nigerians worship their pastors, self ordained bishops and prophets. Each time i drive past a Christ embassy church, i see a giant picture of Chris Oyakhilome mounted in the Church sign post. I thought this was supposed to be if he has a crusade or something. Why would i go to a church where the pastors image replaced that of Jesus Christ? We are really doomed here.
The images of JeZeus are derived from a portrait of Cesare Borgais. Also, the preponderance of images (e.g. crucifixes, stained glass, murals, doors, statues, necklaces, and so on, which Christians revere, kiss, carry about, bow to and many others) in Christendom is indicative of blatant and brazen idolatry.

The old Babylon of Nebuchadnezzar's time and the one described in Revelations 18 and elsewhere like Isaiah 47 can be identified using certain keywords like images and sorcery. Rome and Christianity (especially the Catholic Church) have are filled with images. Note that after the Romans destroyed the second Temple in 70AD, God Most High destroyed their own temple of Jupiter (Roman name for the Greek Zeus) in 79AD via the eruption of Mt Vesuvius which left Pompeii destroyed, a glimpse of the big one that's coming their way. The Hellenists (Greco-Romans) also plagiarized the Bible, collaborated with satan's lizards, and changed names therein like replacing the true name of the Rock with IeZeus/JeZeus/Jesus. That area is still experiences earthquakes till date.

At no time did the Rock instruct us to make images, which are even racist, to worship.
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by jaydude(f): 1:05am On Jun 17, 2012
Zubby you have a problem! U are a serious religious critic! Where do u really belong? Dis one is bad that one is bad...na wah oooh
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by deleo16(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2012
the Op is trying to make a point here putting posters,banner picture of pastor all round the place to me is no ok (except is crusade) which is acceptable up to a point as long as they dont overdo it .The name of the church is enough at the board outside and not putting picture here and there
Re: Nigerians Are Not Worshiping God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2012
Forget pastor worshiping or God worshiping from Nigerians, all they ever worship are their own needs. They believe that religions give them Gods remote control that they can use to command "him" to serve them all their needs.

The pastors, on their part, knows this for a fact and they play on it. The God remote control isn't cheap and whoever wants it have to pay for it.The pastors pretend they have it, they convince the gullibles of that, the needy gullibles buy it and they end up paying for it through their noses... permanently.

At the end of the day, the pastors laugh all the way to the bank. That is the ying and yang of the modern Nigerian Christiandom of today. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jesus As D Word Of God And D Word Of God As D Power Of God / Top 13 People Who Made Christianity Look Bad / Stealing, Stealing In The Name Of The Lord!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.