Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Devil In Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Devil In Us (780 Views)

Nigerians! Do You Want To Dine With The Devil In The Pit Of Hell For Real? / 717 Muslims Killed, 805 Injured During 'Devil Stoning' In Saudi Arabia (photos) / Adam Oshiomole Is A Devil In Sheep Clothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Devil In Us by latitidejavu: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
THE DEVIL IN US

I rarely publish my thoughts, I hardly disclose the many discussions in the inner recess of my mind. Reason being that I weigh what I intend to achieve by making my thoughts public than just the fun of writing. Every stroke of the pen must have a mission, every print must have a target. Now the newest discussion in town is the plane crash, yes Dana air crash. Even those who only know Dana as a milk company now know about Dana airlines. Since January of this year (2012), I have travelled on sea, by air and on land so frequently that I do not know where to use as my home address. It’s not because I am a tourist ( what it there to delight a tourist here), its simply because of the nature of what I do and the nation. Yes, I just blamed my profession and the nation, not myself. As a Nigerian, I must blame something else, I must point to someone else, anything, anybody but me…THE DEVIL IN US.

I have read a lot of articles on the crash, intelligently written. You know Nigerians, we always want to demonstrate our ability to key into issues in vogue. Conclusion is that the plane crashed…QED. Many people have said it could have been them, you know with all humility and sympathy. Now it couldn’t have been me because I fly Aero because their online booking makes it affordable for young and savings conscious dudes like me to fly. Yes, Dana air can go to hell since I fly Aero. that is a Nigerian for you, as long as my kids are in British international schools and other kids are in Igbodogodo Grammar school, then public schools can go to hell. I’m a Nigerian, as long as I have my 5000KVA generator with another 10000KVA as a backup then power can go to blazes. Why should I care about Dana Milk, sorry Dana air since I fly Aero….THE DEVIL IN US.

The plane crashed and human beings rushed to LOOT[/size] the dead. They scavenged the scene of roasting human flesh, walked on the unholy mixture of steel and blood and had the presence of mind to bend down and you can see them on camera sorting out the personal belongings of dead men and women. Do you still look for the reason why we are doomed as a people? It’s the average Nigerian. Steeped in primordial proclivity to steal, we have become sub-humans. I cannot remember when last I cried but as I watched a human being loot the dead, I knew we were lost and I wept. But it’s not their fault, they are poor and hungry, It’s Goodluck Jonathan, no its David Mark, Tinubu no its PDP, ACN. The poor people need to survive right?....THE DEVIL IN US. Now a people that loot the dead, deserve leaders that loot them dead[size=8pt]. And if you are sad how the nation is being looted now, wait till my generation takes power. I promise WE WILL LOOT YOU DEAD[/size]. It’s a fact not a threat and we will do it in such a way that when next the people see a crash site they will change places with the dead….THE DEVIL IN US.

Journalists are excited with how the story is selling both in the print and electronic media and hence are devoting resources to the story. Silly, reactionary Nigerians only when a disaster occurs do we know the plane was 400 years old. In fact that it was the jet that ferried the Jews from Egypt. What ever happened to investigative journalism so as to prevent disasters, has that plane not being flying, has Dana Air not being operating airborne coffins and suddenly its news! Someone will tell me journalists are not well paid. I laugh….THE DEVIL IN US. We never do anything well, journalists, regulators, civil servants, you and of course, yours sincerely. Brood of inept people, Nigerians….THE DEVIL IN US.

I wrote the draft of this piece from a travel departure lounge and if you read it on my Facebook page online, then I survived the journey. If someone else posts it online , then your guess is as good as mine. Then articles will start flying about how I had the premonition and did not get to publish it. Just like news about the Abuja pastor and his assumed premonition is everywhere. You know Nigerians, since a pastor was on-board then it’s certainly GOD’S WILL that a FAULTY[size=8pt]
[size=8pt][/size] jet crashed! Yes, our God only permits Nigerian passengers’ plane to crash not those that fly in Germany or France. Nigerian flesh as a burnt offering is better to our God than those of the Germans. One day, God will have to plead with us to stop ascribing to His will our act of incompetence, wickedness and outright stupidity. Silly Nigerians, silly ME and if you weren’t impressed with my literary prowess, board the next Dana flight after all I am an Engineer not a journalist or a writer. Not because I did not take the pain to crosscheck what I just wrote for errors. I forgot you cannot board Dana planes again, the license has been revoked after 153 people perished! What a nation. I laugh…THE DEVIL IN US.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING News;nnpc Mgt Sacked / Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's New President To Appoint Female, Christian Vice President / Army Declares Chinenye Anyim Nyerere Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.