Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? (42681 Views)

What Are The Consequences Of Improper Resignation? / Have You Ever Thought Of Working In Shell Or Chevron?? / Benefits Of Working With Sweet Sensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by amtheone(m): 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

Like i said, my take is only for him to resign.

Pls i need ur opinion on this. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Dazzled: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmmm,man must survive but its a gud ting,he is goin 2 skul 2 get a cert but if his company wants 2 verify if he actually graduated,it wil mean him loosing d job n if possible jail 4 som months.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by samtoye(m): 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
hhhmmmmmm !!! his continuous stay is a postponement of Judgment day ...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by adonisgold: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
You seem very concerned about this ur friend, abi its you?

27 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by adetunrayo(f): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
what he did is bad. he should approach the HRM and explain himself to him/her.he should pray they pardon him though.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Oluwa4Sure: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Bros even the most lucrative business in the world are not risk free!!!
My single advice is ask your friend to lock it all up with GOD in Prayers!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by tubolancer(m): 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Do they catch Bola Tinubu,Enwerem e.t.c my friend has been using his dagbo result and nothing has happened. Your friend should keep it secret,be friendly and above all continue his education .
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by belovedaja(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ask Salisu Buhari, former speaker of house of rep. He will be in a very good position to advise you well.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by cigie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
do companies take time to check for the authenticity of their employees' credentials?? #IJustTheAsk

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by brainpulse: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
The consequence is more farther than the implications of today. Monies realised from this unholy venture could have adverse effect on the individual and also when such money is used to train up a child, you know the result. We contend with a lot of things, which more are as a result of our past wrong doing and we blame it on house hold enemies. We can try to reason it out with the excuse of the situation of the coutry, funny enough the same guy will course and abuse the leaders for currupt system but forgetting that he is a partaker of those destroying the system.
With is hard work and experience he could have secured a good employment in some company that values experience more than certificate (some expert establishments) without presenting a fake result. Let him confess and beg for mercy, then suggest he would resign because he had repented, he could be favoured who knows, rather than being disgraced and have a long life dent on his personalty.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by tessyade: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
Maybe you should also tell him that a company that can pay him that much will also go any lenght to deal with him if they find out. The money may be tempting but he should realise that all the money he has made will be spent on trying to free himself when the company gets to know. And dont also forget that this may destroy his career forever.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by brainpulse: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
Oluwa4Sure: Bros even the most lucrative business in the world are not risk free!!!

You should remember that God is an holy God that cant behold iniquilty but forgives when restitutions are made. You can't build a good house on a faulty foundation. The God he never trusted before the heniuos crime.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Joey82(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
adonisgold: You seem very concerned about this ur friend, abi its you?

abi o, help me ask am
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by damola1: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
Another reason why SSCE/ONDs are the way forward...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Samwilsonz: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
guy......y re u reporting urself

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by yemmight(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
cigie: do companies take time to check for the authenticity of their employees' credentials?? #IJustTheAsk

Did you here what happen in Oyo state and how many people that were asked to go? We do verification of certificates in my office so dont be caught.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by omodapson(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
cigie: do companies take time to check for the authenticity of their employees' credentials?? #IJustTheAsk

Yes they do! If you know someone hiding under the umbrella, advise him/her to take to his heels. I don't know about one man business sha, but for big corporations, they do.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by RoddyMan(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Usually, most companies would conduct verification before the end of the 6 months probationary period. However, not all companies do this, it usually depends on the size of the company.
I have witnessed a few cases in my former bank where people were dismissed for using fake certificates to gain employment. They were not handed over to the police though.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by tuniski: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Abegi let him enjoy himself afterall he is capable of discharging his responsibilities! That is the fault of the system not his own for depending on paper qualifications instead of veritable skills!

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Baawaa(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
The problem that your friend has is that you know grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by PHIPEX(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Oluwa4Sure: Bros even the most lucrative business in the world are not risk free!!!

So God has become a robbot which you use as u will? A man stole, is still stealing and hopes to steal tommorrow and you advised him to ask God for an insurance against arrest. You may not understand the impliication of his action until the day someone dear to you is referred to a "doctor" whose certification is in nursing.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by brainpulse: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
tuniski: Abegi let him enjoy himself afterall he is capable of discharging his responsibilities! That is the fault of the system not his own for depending on paper qualifications instead of veritable skills!
that is the reason why the system its still crawling and decaying. If you encourage the decay, an imcompetent, fake presenting certificate doctor might be treating your only child.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by maasoap(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
Tell your friend to inquire if the company is used to verifying their employees' certificates after appointment has been offered before it'll be too late. And these are the type of people that are always telling people to stop wasting their time in pursuance of higher certificates. We have one in my area now, after finishing his OND, he refused to further. Despite the fact that his father has money, despite the fact that people encourage him to further, he refused but only pursueing one useless IT stuff.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by purefella(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
make he dey work dey go jor , Nigeria get database to search for anything?? once he can deliver the job a graduate will no wahala and what will make dem know lata is going to be through you , you are the second ear now and you placed it on internet what of if someone that know you in person know your nairaland name and now wondering which of your friend you are speaking of and he or she gets to know and very soon you will start feeling jealous of him and if he mess up by not giving you some certain things , you yourself can go straight to the company .,you can say it's a lie but shit happens

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by kamsibaby: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Guy talk true ooooh,I dey suspect say na u.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
SEE EVILSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by tlops(m): 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
On the surface its demeaning!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
Very big mistake...he has built his house on a faulty foundation...LIES.its only a mata of tym b4 he be discovered.to avoid xtreme shame,let him resign nw no mata how tough it is. That Is The Hard Truth!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by BabaEleko(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=15pt]Na today. I'll rather survive today than worry about what tomorrow have in stock cos who knows if I'll even live to see the end of today. Pls tell ur friend to lock up, be diligent at his job, be friendly then save and spend his money wisely. [/size]

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by sadyeek(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=16pt]omo! 300k a month with fake certificates..
[/size]
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by member479760: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
and this another reason why white country develop, the type of job your friend doing right now most places in Yankee for example will only ask for high school, they will not even ask you to show it and you will still make your $60000/year if you can do the job.

If you have cert and you cannot do the IT job then no one need your cert. wake up Africa!

Your friend shouldn't worry if he can do the job, let him continue with his job.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronation 2021 Financial Planner/ Wealth Manager Graduate Trainee Programme / 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview / Has Anyone Seen This Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.