Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,277 members, 7,839,381 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? (42753 Views)

What Are The Consequences Of Improper Resignation? / Have You Ever Thought Of Working In Shell Or Chevron?? / Benefits Of Working With Sweet Sensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by ogaemma: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Private firm do not have that time for that,it is government /multinational companies that go that extream. He should continue with his studies & the job.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: All the expatriates wey dey work offshore/onshore Niger Delta

Una think say dem go school?

Yet you go see one Indian or Philipino dey boss our people around, even with their Masters Degree.

Guy, fire down, nothing do you...

Life na survival of the smartest, if you no use ur caphas, life go relegate you go background...

So you are equating deceit with smartness? And won't you turn around later to complain about corruption in the high places?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
If you scrutinize the credentials of all the big Ogas for the Multinational Oil companies operating in Naija...You go find out sey more than 90% of them na OND and Certifications dem get...Just that dem dey fortunate to get jab those days wey jab sara everywhere

Now dem don block road for the younger generation of graduates from gaining employment by making age and some worthless degree a criteria...

Omo if you fit beat the corrupt system and possess your possession...Omo nothing do you...

Afterall na for only Naija wey two wrongs dey make a right...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by deshclones(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
brainpulse: The consequence is more farther than the implications of today. Monies realised from this unholy venture could have adverse effect on the individual and also when such money is used to train up a child, you know the result. We contend with a lot of things, which more are as a result of our past wrong doing and we blame it on house hold enemies. We can try to reason it out with the excuse of the situation of the coutry, funny enough the same guy will course and abuse the leaders for currupt system but forgetting that he is a partaker of those destroying the system.
With is hard work and experience he could have secured a good employment in some company that values experience more than certificate (some expert establishments) without presenting a fake result. Let him confess and beg for mercy, then suggest he would resign because he had repented, he could be favoured who knows, rather than being disgraced and have a long life dent on his personalty.

shut up that bleep hole you call a mouth jor...so you never see armed robber children progressing more than responsible peeps kids....just dey yarn opata for NL...smh

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
engineerd:

So you are equating deceit with smartness? And won't you turn around later to complain about corruption in the high places?

What sort of deceit?...You don't expect him to stay jobless just because he's a victim of circumstance (OND Cert)...Besides the guy in question is getting trained on the job both at home and in South Africa.

Believe me, I see him to be a smart and productive dude, for him being able to deliver during the interview process...If I was his employer, I'd look beyond the degree if I later find out he cheated.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by glimpse(f): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
amtheone: Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

Like i said, my take is only for him to resign.

Pls i need ur opinion on this. Thanks
+

afta una go talk say politicians corrupt...mtschw
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by glimpse(f): 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
amtheone: Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

+

afta una go talk say politicians corrupt...mtschw
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by joelala(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
engineerd:

And what will your friend teach his kids? And is this not the same corruption we accuse our leaders of? How will Nigeria be a better place with such blatant dishonesty and corrupt morals? There is truly no hope for Nigeria's future!

and how many saints and angels have we gotten from people with original certificates? guy he knws the job far better than those with school morals and original certs. he did what he needed to do to better his life, and not to fraud or dupe anyone...guy life is all about risk, the risk he took is worth taken jaree...if he gets busted well too bad and if he dosnt. i wish him all the best.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:

What sort of deceit?...You don't expect him to stay jobless just because he's a victim of circumstance (OND Cert)...Besides the guy in question is getting trained on the job both at home and in South Africa.

Believe me, I see him to be a smart and productive dude, for him being able to deliver during the interview process...If I was his employer, I'd look beyond the degree if I later find out he cheated.

WHAT Forgery is smartness?? Is this your justification? God have mercy! Forget about delivery during the interview process, its irrelevant to the fact that he committed forgery. Having said that, i can understand Nigeria's harsh environment can push people to do things like this to survive, but that does not justify his action. The reasonable thing for him to do now is to try to earn his Bsc ASAP, that way he might atone for his deed.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
joelala:

and how many saints and angels have we gotten from people with original certificates? guy he knws the job far better than those with school morals and original certs. he did what he needed to do to better his life, and not to fraud or dupe anyone...guy life is all about risk, the risk he took is worth taken jaree...if he gets busted well too bad and if he dosnt. i wish him all the best.

And our government officials that steal public funds do it to better their lives! This mentality is exactly why Nigeria is what it is today! Its always about me, me, me.....not about right/wrong! Our values have gone to the dogs! Did your parents ever tell you the story when in those days in Nigeria, a stall owner could leave his or her goods unattended and a customer would buy and pay in the absence of the stall owner....fast forward to today and you will see how we as a people have evolved for the worse.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ OP......I know the IT company! grin....
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by zangiff(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
With time,he will get caught
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
engineerd: @ OP......I know the IT company! grin....

And if you know nko??...Naija can beef people's progress! cool

I'm sure alot of you have started investigating already so you can put sand in his garri...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Acelifted: 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ill-gotten is a hen sitting on eggs she did not lay.when they are hatched, they will fly away without warning. The end is usually leads to disastrous loss (of wealth and reputation). Do the right thing. come out clean and let your work speak for you.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by hariade001: 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
WHY DID GOD CREATE THE MOSQUITO?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by lanetrips: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
Dats d problem of paper qualification reliance.ppl want to get certificates at all cost.let him resign honourably pls
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
Oluwa4Sure: Bros even the most lucrative business in the world are not risk free!!!
My single advice is ask your friend to lock it all up with GOD in Prayers!!!!
R u 4 real? pray for a thieving act? na wa o shocked
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: If you scrutinize the credentials of all the big Ogas for the Multinational Oil companies operating in Naija...You go find out sey more than 90% of them na OND and Certifications dem get...Just that dem dey fortunate to get jab those days wey jab sara everywhere

Now dem don block road for the younger generation of graduates from gaining employment by making age and some worthless degree a criteria...

Omo if you fit beat the corrupt system and possess your possession...Omo nothing do you...

Afterall na for only Naija wey two wrongs dey make a right...

No wonder the oil sector is in the mess its in
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by PHIPEX(m): 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
I'v gone through some of the responses here, I believe the article below tells the story better.

NIGERIA’S PYRAMID OF CORRUPTION

It may not be necessary to remind us that we (not our Government) are collectively seen as the 40th most corrupt people in the World as at 2011 by the Transparency International. This is partly because it has become fashionable to see corruption as a “Nigerian Factor” and I have no doubt that it has also become fashionable to multitudes. Our system often celebrates its gainful rewards but mourns its bitter consequences and a times its difficult to differentiate the gains from the consequences because “ a man’s meat will always be another man’s poison”. The Transparency International say Nigeria is corrupt and I agree completely because it doesn’t require any empirical research to know. Our Governments present and past seem to have imbibed corrupt practices as a code of conduct in the sense that being a public officer and choosing to stand against the “norm” could be viewed by many as “breaking the law”, and the “Law Makers” could thus fight you to a standstill . Contracts are awarded to portfolio contractors whose only sense of contract execution is the payments of kickbacks while the remnant goes as profit.

The above conjectures are certainly not new but what is new is that we all seem to be having a different perspective to what the Transparency International is saying. If the saying is true that knowing the cause of a problem is same as providing half of the solution then Nigeria is far from solving the corruption debacle because we keep pointing our fingers to a wrong direction as the cause of our mess. To an average Nigerian the Government is our problem and I don’t blame them because whatever is said over and again sooner than later becomes “true or a reality”. I concur with Achebe that Nigeria’s problem is that of leadership because he was smart and careful enough not to say Government but leadership. The question then becomes who are the Leaders that have made mockery of our existence?

A leaders by the simplest definition available to me is “someone whom people follow” while Corruption is dishonesty for personal gain, if these definitions are right then over 70% of Nigerians are leaders and majority of these 70% are collectively the Nigerian problem. They are the myopic and selfish majority who have corrupted our existence for their personal aggrandisement. Nigeria’s corruption index is fuelled by the followers but executed by the leaders. You may argue that you are not a leader but that is wrong because somebody somewhere is actively or passively watching you for direction. Many of us are leaders in our various climes and families a Father for instance is no less a leader than the Director in a Company CEO. If we are interested in finding a solution then we have to tell some bitter truths. We have to take responsibility for our actions and inactions in quit blaming others for our wrong doings.

In the eye of Transparency International, a corrupt person is both the Man who bribed financially for a contract and the man who bribed for a mark in a school. To them that examiner who looked the other way while a student cheat his/her colleagues is not different from the Nigerian Aviation regulator who looked the other way while Dana and other airlines fly their unfit aircrafts in our airspace. What differentiates a Corper who got posted and paid but refuses to serve from the Company executive whose company got paid for a contract but refuses to execute the work? What is the guarantee that the man who yesterday falsified his credentials for job because he or she has the means will not do same to win an election tomorrow if similar opportunity beckons. Is the accountant who aided his Company to rob the Government of tax less corrupt than the Permanent Secretary who stole the Tax paid by fellow Nigerians to settle family issues?

Corruption is not synonymous with sin so we can’t say that everyone is guilty. If Transparency international still recognises that some persons live beyond this ugly trend then it is possible for any willing mind to strive to be among them and we all should too. It is not a thing of pride but so many Nigerians can beat their chest to say that they are not corrupt but as many who can’t say that should know that they are part of our corruption story and contribute their quota to the decay and by the Multiplier theory, they shall continue to breed followers in quantum who shall not only follow their path but shall improve on it. Conversely, if we choose to avoid this Augean staple, we could also contribute a positive multiplier effect in our society. As far as I and certainly IT knows, the perpetrators of corrupt practices in Nigeria are skewed like a pyramid with the Politicians and Public figures at the top but majority occupy the bottom and these majority are Non-politicians who are mainly in the private sectors. No corrupt individual has a moral standing to accuse another of corruption because “he that comes to equity must come with clean hands”. A thief may not steal as much as an armed robber but both of them are criminals.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by senatorbayor(m): 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am not holding brief for u nor ur supposed friend
My views are; d certificate he wud hv gotten is for him to ganner experience to do d job he is presently doing and even being paid for a job well done
Let him keep his head low and keep d stuff to himself
Sooner,he will be celebrated like bill gate
What is in a certificate,after all some graduates cant spell thier name.All we need na experience
Other tin na addendum
Dont be suprise that even d MD,HRM and his boss also pocess cert from toronto
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Haven12: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
why did you choose to confess your sins here?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by kilimanjaro(m): 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Op, it's a risky thing!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by femmy2010(m): 4:12am On Jun 12, 2012
adetunrayo: what he did is bad. he should approach the HRM and explain himself to him/her.he should pray they pardon him though.

This one go be wahala for the bobo,
His best bet is to resign soon.
That is the very problem with Nigerian's educational system,we placed so much load on certificates instead of skills.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by dasparrow: 5:20am On Jun 12, 2012

I won't suggest working with a fake certificate. You see, this character of dishonesty is why Nigerians are viewed with so much suspicion around the globe once we travel out. What is stopping you from going to school and earning your certificate the legit way? Did you not read obout Oyo state that just terminated 3,000 employees, some because of this same issue of forgery of certificates or lying about their age and the likes.

We complain about our leaders but the truth of the matter is that the average Nigerian is dishonest and morally corrupt and this is why our country Nigeria is in the mess it is in today. Do the right thing and get your certificate the legit way or face scrutiny and possible job loss in the not so distant future. Remember, God is watching you and if you have any fear of the Lord God in you, you will do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Dawdy(m): 6:46am On Jun 12, 2012
Though i dont encourage getting job with fake certificate, the money he earns is not unholy, afterall he is paid based on the work done, not what he has on paper.
Nigerians should look on what people can do rather than certificate that can be obtained throuh malpraticing or forgery.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2012
The guy should make himself highly relevant to the company then afterwards resign. If asked why, then he can confess. He could be lucky to be recalled, or justice tempered with mercy on him.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by brainpulse: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Bright2: He who is without a sin,let him cast the stone 1st. grin

I amn casting the first stone, because I know the studies( night and day) I went through before I could obtain my Certificate though not a first class but I am always proud to show the quality education brought out of me. If everyone decides to go through the same fake process he wouldnt even be in the position to go for an interview because the road side mechanic will do the same and this country will be heading for doom. If he is truely a genus in his profession as you claim then what is stoping him from having straight 10 A's in SSCE or 399 in JAMB. The guy has connection or an insider in that company for him to remain there at this moment.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by brainpulse: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:

And if you know nko??...Naija can beef people's progress! cool

I'm sure alot of you have started investigating already so you can put sand in his garri...

Its that progress, i blieve you have not passed through the 4 walls of higher institution thats why you dont appreciate it.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by femozy0311(m): 8:21am On Jun 12, 2012
coolyour name is amtheone , meaning you are the person in particular. my advice is that you should keep it to yourself and resign as quick as possible use try and invest to be on your own. trust nobody pls, I know u have not tell anybody ,just make it your secret. :-Xyour name is amtheone , meaning you are the person in particular. my advice is that you should keep it to yourself and resign as quick as possible use try and invest to be on your own. trust nobody pls, I know u have not tell anybody ,just make it your secret.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by abbeymighty(m): 8:59am On Jun 12, 2012
If he is gd at his job d coy wl not want to loose him. As u know dt IT sector need not cert but what u can deliver. Also he does not hv competitor in office as in superiority issues he can scale tru. D best of all is after raising some fund quits on time b4 it is 2 late and start up ur own or complete ur bsc n look 4 another job wt ur xperience
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2012
A guy in ♍γ̲̣̣̥ office not only used fake certificate but also impersonated a friend of his whose result was very very good when they were in school. Nemesis caught up with him when one of our consultant who knew him back then in school where he was rusticated saw him at our place of work with his I'd card bearing  name of his colleague in school. The consultant reportd him to HUR immediately not only was he sacked he has been in police custody since then. This guy is married with 2 kids. No matter how long Nemesis will always catch up with who ever cheatsM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview / Has Anyone Seen This Before / Meristem Interview Invite Comfirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.