Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,137 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? (42750 Views)

What Are The Consequences Of Improper Resignation? / Have You Ever Thought Of Working In Shell Or Chevron?? / Benefits Of Working With Sweet Sensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
And this is not corruption? Where are our Morals? i don't care if he is very good, he used a fake certificate and he should be ashamed of himself! Stories like this make me sick and yet we are quick to blame our leaders for corruption! This is paramount to someone rigging an election!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Chanchit: 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Abegi, tell ur friend (or even if na you) to do everything he does with confidence, without giving anybody the reason to doubt his eligibility, there is a way he would carry himself, that would not even make them want to verify his cert', and even if they do, they would still love to keep him, afterall he's still studying....
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by alienware(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
adonisgold: You seem very concerned about this ur friend, abi its you?
lol ! Guy i feel u ! Am thinking the same thing too !

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Naija too like degree sef...So far the guy sabi eem job, f**k da degree!! If na degree from Harvard, Waterloo or Cambridge sef I go understand...

All those ancient Inventors...how many of them flaunt degrees?

Make ur guy continue jabbing without blowing his cover...anything IT, na hands-on experience, even if na programming sef...If to say na Medicine or Aeronautics Engineering, I for shout...

Even for United Kingdom, you fit do ur Masters without first degree, so far you get the requisite work experience...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by ismhab(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
And may be he is among those that are accusing the Government for corruption, not knowing even him he is corrupt, and may be one day he will be the president of this country, see how bad leaders were born in Nigeria.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
Go to our Universities and Polytechniques, you 'll find an 80% student population who:

Sorted their WAEC/NECO Exams
Arranged for JAMB Solutions
Paid their way through Post-JAMB exams
Copy Assignment solutions from each other
Sort courses after exams or nyash the Lecturers
Are still not educated

Personally I don't value our higher educational system...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
He has what his employers need - the required skill and manpower required to take the business to another level. As long as he can prove that in the long run, his employers will be happy with him.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Afrocatalyst: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Where do we stand? Life is deeper than certificates. But there is always a right way to do things. Finally, it's your call. We all know U r the person involved and only need validation, which is why U came to NL. Choose wisely but carefully cos NL is always kind of confusing to decision makers.... So much criticism and affirmations @ d same time.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by CY09: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: Go to our Universities and Polytechniques, you 'll find an 80% student population who:

Sorted their WAEC/NECO Exams
Arranged for JAMB Solutions
Paid their way through Post-JAMB exams
Copy Assignment solutions from each other
Sort courses after exams or nyash the Lecturers
Are still not educated

Personally I don't value our higher educational system...
u spoke well. Everybody z hia yanning trash, just check out their grammatical construction n u will know dat dey r no diff 4rm d person in question. Who in Nigeria sat for any exam without turning sideways?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by maigaskiya1: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
amtheone: Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

Like i said, my take is only for him to resign.

Pls i need ur opinion on this. Thanks
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by maigaskiya1: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
amtheone: Pls I need to know as my friend who recently secure a job with fake certificates is worried about his future career if discovered. He had OND in comp Science some yrs back and also obtained IT Certifications. With his experience in IT world, he is very good, but due to his Ond certificate he couldn't secure a good paying job, but of recent he went ahead and produced University certificate and NYSC certificate. Now with this papers and his experience, he landed his dream job in one private IT firm which the pay is extremely good.

But the question now is that, he is worried as what would happen if discovered. I have asked him to resign and use the money to establish a business, because for the past 6 months of his appointment the salary is close to 2million naira. But he said the salary is tempting.

Pls I need know what will be the outcome if discovered. Would it affect his future career? Is there possibility of handing him over to police for prosecution.

But presently he is doing a part time studies in University, but even this part time studies, the company does not know as what he told them is that he is doing other IT related courses. So to this end, everything about him in that company is fake.

my broda 4 nija private firms dnt verify as long as ure gud.its only d public sector nd wit reasns.bt i hav 2 advice 4hm let hm go bk 2skol via part tyme bt stl retain d job cos as am tojng 2u wok no dy o.nd 2 while hes dong dat let hm avoid coperate politics.its risky pepl do anytn 2 buy favour frm oga.i wish u gudluk ebele

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by maigaskiya1: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2012

my broda 4 nija private firms dnt verify as long as ure gud.its only d public sector nd wit reasns.bt i hav 2 advice 4hm let hm go bk 2skol via part tyme bt stl retain d job cos as am tojng 2u wok no dy o.nd 2 while hes dong dat let hm avoid coperate politics.its risky pepl do anytn 2 buy favour frm oga.i wish u gudluk ebele
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by maigaskiya1: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2012

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Tattooboy: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
adetunrayo: what he did is bad. he should approach the HRM and explain himself to him/her.he should pray they pardon him though.
are u kidding me?
@op may d guy resign. The earlier d beta 4 him.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by osajojo(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
one day ur friend wud compete for the post of general manager of that company or something else with greater stakes after building so much reputation den the truth will b let out.den he will see everything he worked for going down.dats nemesis
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
My candid advise is, let him start investment plans, not that he will be discovered, but he will have no peace of mind as far as he is there..
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by tlops(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
O'boy go repent!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by temhab(f): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
Yawn
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by crackhouse(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
He's giving the company what they want which is the most important and that alone will make the company not to bother themselves abt the genuity of his cert. As for ur question, i don't know what to say. His conscience will answer that question.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Omo! If you neva enter Oluwole go collect ur Masters in Database Security and a Ph.D in Artificial Intelligence Monitoring, then you 're on a very lengthy thing...

Abi you no want ur current 2milla to enter 24milla?

Before you know you don become MD of that company, Before you know again your village people go say make you come go House of Reps...Atleast you know the sorting wey dey involved if you chair one Ad-Hoc committee...
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by linearity: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
The deed is already done! It really does not make any difference if he reported himself or quit the job or if the company finds out later. He is a certificate forger and obtained employment under false pretense. It will be fool-header to report himself to the company now.

My advice is, he should continue his studies and ensure that the study is in line with his forged university degree. Let him pray so that he is lucky....let him shut his mouth. Telling even close friends is a big big big mistake. Let him also pray that the company does not hire another employee who actually graduated from that same university and read that course/year or who would be familiar with some1 that graduated that year.

Once he obtain his degree from the private studies, the best course is to look for another job with the new degree and quit his current job.

Apart from some oil companies and other large companies, majority of companies in Nigeria do not check with your school or NYSC...most of them request for the NYSC certificate just to comply with federal government laws.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by udemzyudex(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
this was what happened, in august 2011 he was involved in one recruiment exercise but he was ruled out just because of d fact dat he was not a university grad inspite of his abilities. He was depressed and made a statement then that he would do everything posible to have a bsc certificate if that is what will allow captains of industries listen to him. At dat point since he was in sch already i tot he was talking abt completing his studies, but to my surprise 3wks later he showed up with original fake certificates and just like he said in nov 2011 he landed this job. As for his performance nobody in his field can question his ability. As am talking now, he is among those that are going to south africa for training sponsored by the company.

For those saying it could be me, guys fear wont let me spell my name wrongly let alone presenting fake kpali. Lol.
Am concerned n asked him to resign to avoid embarrasment but he is of the opinion dat if it would cost him only d job if discovered dat he would continue.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
udemzy_udex: this was what happened, in august 2011 he was involved in one recruiment exercise but he was ruled out just because of d fact dat he was not a university grad inspite of his abilities. He was depressed and made a statement then that he would do everything posible to have a bsc certificate if that is what will allow captains of industries listen to him. At dat point since he was in sch already i tot he was talking abt completing his studies, but to my surprise 3wks later he showed up with original fake certificates and just like he said in nov 2011 he landed this job. As for his performance nobody in his field can question his ability. As am talking now, he is among those that are going to south africa for training sponsored by the company.

For those saying it could be me, guys fear wont let me spell my name wrongly let alone presenting fake kpali. Lol.
Am concerned n asked him to resign to avoid embarrasment but he is of the opinion dat if it would cost him only d job if discovered dat he would continue.

And what will your friend teach his kids? And is this not the same corruption we accuse our leaders of? How will Nigeria be a better place with such blatant dishonesty and corrupt morals? There is truly no hope for Nigeria's future!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
udemzy_udex: this was what happened, in august 2011 he was involved in one recruiment exercise but he was ruled out just because of d fact dat he was not a university grad inspite of his abilities. He was depressed and made a statement then that he would do everything posible to have a bsc certificate if that is what will allow captains of industries listen to him. At dat point since he was in sch already i tot he was talking abt completing his studies, but to my surprise 3wks later he showed up with original fake certificates and just like he said in nov 2011 he landed this job. As for his performance nobody in his field can question his ability. As am talking now, he is among those that are going to south africa for training sponsored by the company.

Be careful how much info you divulge, this is enough to zero in on the IT company!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Bright2(m): 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
He who is without a sin,let him cast the stone 1st. grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Digriz(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
Just mind ur job poster.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
Tell ur 'friend' to save money wella for judgement day.
If they find out and sack you, the most likely may bot call the police but if they do, you settle them and they'll quitely end it.
BTW, how long have you been working and which level academically are you now?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by SSaemoenl(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
As long as he fit in that position. That is what the world needs PROACTIVE person irrespective he claimed another thing altogether.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by conyema12(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Joey82:

abi o, help me ask am

just give ur own advice and zoom off.... Why insinuating.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by crackhouse(m): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
engineerd:

Be careful how much info you divulge, this is enough to zero in on the IT company!
the poster na one kind sadist. He don open the guy's nyash for internet. Small time now u go hear say companies wey want send their employees to south Africa don dey look inwards to fish out their employees with fake cert. And by that time they{company} go find him paddy and sack am.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
All the expatriates wey dey work offshore/onshore Niger Delta

Una think say dem go school?

Yet you go see one Indian or Philipino dey boss our people around, even with their Masters Degree.

Guy, fire down, nothing do you...

Life na survival of the smartest, if you no use ur caphas, life go relegate you go background...

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? by oroposyndrome: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
na wa ooo,the issue is very simple but complexity of it is dt if company find out later.firstly, u may end up in prison and god may punish u in another way.i hav friend,i studied computer science but he write didn't final exam in school before he secured alucrative job and is ccollecting large amount of money per year,he still collecting another money according to contract signed with d company.the company said,they are not concern with his result because d guy is very expert in the job. so my advice is dt ask god for giveness.if you have d believe in god and yourself tender resignation letter.if u are useful to the company,they will ask u why,and if u can tell them d truth.they will take u back and forgive u.i have told u about my friend whos is working without certificate and there are many like that. if they didn't consider you,take #100,000 or 50,000 to motherless home or give it to beggers don't worry,in shal..alha u will secure a better offer.but go back to school to finish the rest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview / Has Anyone Seen This Before / Meristem Interview Invite Comfirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.