Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Dana Crash - Chairman Of ADC Airline Part Of Presidential Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Crash - Chairman Of ADC Airline Part Of Presidential Committee (864 Views)

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production / Confab: FG Sets Up Presidential Committee On Implementation / Presidency, Experts Fault Presidential Committee Report On Chibok Abduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dana Crash - Chairman Of ADC Airline Part Of Presidential Committee by BetaThings: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/49826-%E2%80%98dana-crash-made-me-cry-for-my-husband%E2%80%99.html

‘Dana crash made me cry for my husband’

October 29, 2006 was the day Mrs. Mojisola Maciver lost her husband to the ADC Airline crash. The crash last Sunday of a Dana Air plane has made tears cascade down her cheeks.
“I haven’t stopped crying since Sunday, June 3. The incident brought back tears to my eyes. It took me six years back to when I lost my husband, the late Mr. Abdulrasak Maciver, then 49, and an Assistant Controller of Customs, then serving in Sokoto Command of the Nigerian Customs Services, in the ADC Airline crash of October 2006. The flight he boarded left Lagos to Abuja to connect Sokoto. He was going to report for duty. So, from the moment a family friend informed me last Sunday that about 158 people died in the Iju-Ishaga DANA Air plane crash, I developed a headache and it is still bothering me till this minute. This incident brought back painful memories...”
In tears, Mrs Maciver added: “A deeper pain is inflicted by President Goodluck Jonathan’s inclusion of the Chairman of the ADC Airline, Captain Ufom Udom, a man who was one of the owners then and who till date, has not even come out with the cause of his own plane crash. He is now in the current committee to unravel the cause of the DANA crash. To me, that is laughable. How can a man who has covered his own failure for so long now want to be used to open up another’s can of worms? And that has given me serious headache in the last six days.
“The ADC flight my husband boarded had a stop-over in Abuja. Then, later they took off for Sokoto and that was the end of the story. That was how I became a widow at an early age in life. And this is where my pains lie. Many young women have become widows to no fault of theirs .
“We were married for 21 years and had four children. We got married in 1985 and after he died in 2006, it was like I was a confused young child who didn’t know what she was doing. And that is the reason why I am pained and afraid for the current set of victims and their bereaved families. I fear they would be taken through the same kind of ordeal we were made to go through. I fear for the trauma, the pains, the stress and all the troubles they might be subjected to. It took the ADC Airline over three years to settle anything about compensation for our own set of people. They brought down their insurers from India who came to be negotiating with us on the amount to be paid, among others.
“That is why I am making this passionate appeal to our government to make sure that something concrete is done about our aviation industry. On compensation, imagine where the regulators of the industry is telling families to accept what the airline is able to pay them. The same ADC Airline went to hire a team of lawyers to start negotiating the compensation to be paid; then, having their chairman on the committee, I insist, is in bad taste.
“Ordinarily, the death of a family’s breadwinner automatically alters the smooth running and course of life of respective families in line with the pattern they intend to live. So, life has not been easy at all for me and many other women that we later formed a group to share our needs and feelings. So, for the women involved in this crash too, there’s going to be lots of traumas, pains and heartaches.
“The causes of the air crashes in the country, Sosoliso, Bellview, ADC and few others, have not be known till today. The worst of all is that NCAA Director-General Demuren has been there for a while and solutions or causes of plane crashes are never disclosed after the crashes. There are some of the painful memories that filled my heart since last Sunday on the DANA crash.”
Re: Dana Crash - Chairman Of ADC Airline Part Of Presidential Committee by Piyke: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
Which kind inclusion is this one angry

(1) (Reply)

‘soldiers Raid Fulani Settlements In Plateau ‘ …it’s Not True, Says JTF / FULL Text Of Tunde Bakare's Speach On July 22, 2012 / Sen.ojudu Support Pdp & Tell Lai Mohammed/acn "Be Reasonable For Once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.