Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (20825 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off Tattoo He Got In Honour Of His Late Father / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Bastiger(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2012
Dumb f.ucks,honouring sum1 who plays in a better league when little or no efforts hv bn made 2improve ur own league,bunch of charlattans u shud hv declared public holiday dat day muthaphuckin dumb asses
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Ogblikwe(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2012
What a waste of time and resources. Just playing to the gallery
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by merengue: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2012
@BizBooks: Please try not to have children, it will be horrible if you pass this kind of retarded thinking to a new generation. So because we are not Chelsea fans, we should not criticize one of the most idiotic decisions ever taken in the long and shameful history of idiocy? You asked for things that they should be doing instead, here are a few:
(1). Organizing public hearings on the performance of the various boards of the sporting associations
(2). Monitoring the spending and activities of the NSC (National Sports Commission)
(3). Drawing up bills that will aid efficient and effective administration of sports in Nigeria (such as repealing or amending Decree 101)
(4). Probing the expenditure for international events Nigeria has either participated or hosted (COJA '03, Nigeria '99, Nigeria '09)
(5). Monitoring the effective preparation of athletes for London 2012.
(6). Drawing up in conjunction with the NSC an effective plan to aid youth development and using sport as a means to address societal ills
(7). Tackling through legislation the problems of doping, age-cheats and corruption in Nigerian sports.
If you need more, exercise the brains God gave you, ignorance is not something to be proud of.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by mutiply: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2012
nigerians in ubiquitos hav been makin developed nations to attain growth tremendously through contibutin dier knowledge effectively,instead of honourin dem and try to influence dem to come back to d country to help d nation grow,dey want to honour a player who has scored 2 carlin cup goals in 6yrs,i feel so sad for our local players cause if dey hear dis,dey will lose dier self confidence and believe.just wonderin,has any of d commitee members gone out to watch a match involvin a top or middle team in our league,dey rather pay huge amounts of moni 4 tickets of both flight return ticket and tickets for d matches to watch a match.am beggin to tink dat d definition of a committe dat was define here is absolutely correct.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by pdozie: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2012
merengue: @BizBooks: Please try not to have children, it will be horrible if you pass this kind of retarded thinking to a new generation. So because we are not Chelsea fans, we should not criticize one of the most idiotic decisions ever taken in the long and shameful history of idiocy? You asked for things that they should be doing instead, here are a few:
(1). Organizing public hearings on the performance of the various boards of the sporting associations
(2). Monitoring the spending and activities of the NSC (National Sports Commission)
(3). Drawing up bills that will aid efficient and effective administration of sports in Nigeria (such as repealing or amending Decree 101)
(4). Probing the expenditure for international events Nigeria has either participated or hosted (COJA '03, Nigeria '99, Nigeria '09)
(5). Monitoring the effective preparation of athletes for London 2012.
(6). Drawing up in conjunction with the NSC an effective plan to aid youth development and using sport as a means to address societal ills
(7). Tackling through legislation the problems of doping, age-cheats and corruption in Nigerian sports.
If you need more, exercise the brains God gave you, ignorance is not something to be proud of.

@merengue - Thank you
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by matoyeh(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2012
Sky-walker:
useless fools. another way to steal money.
whatever

but these people
pdozie:

@merengue - Thank you

are crazy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked whats that suppose to mean... i will use my @GEJTigers on twitters blast these useless people...

nonsense
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by dammytosh: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2012
grin

GOD HELP ME SO THAT MY CHILDREN WILL NOT CARRY THIS GREEN PASSPORT.

NIGERIA IS THE JOKE OF THE NEW MILLENIUM.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by kay9(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2012
BizBooks:
... you still did not explain what the duties of the Sports
Committee of NASS should be. If honouring a deserving athlete is not part of it, I
will like you to tell us what they are.
Permit me to reply to the above.
-
If the current state of sports in Nigeria can be equated to a house on fire (which it truly isnt far away from), then hosting special honors for ONE athlete can be likened to the house-owner chasing the rats escaping from his burning house.
We all know that ridding one's house of rats is actually a good thing, but the question is where it stands on your list of priorities. Now imagine deciding to do that when your house is busy burning to smithereens! How stewpid is that??

1 Like

Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by sammaking(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2012
National Assembly should Award my Black ass too n dick for Fucking so Well in a Trio
Wicked n Senseless Foolz who robb the common nigerian of their rights n previllages
Now plotting to loot again
their selfish assholes always wanting
NA. Need a piece of advise? Then walk through the Streets of Nija may u'll get a clue.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Jyde89: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2012
tit: They should allow the boy to 'play' Speaker of the House for a day or two!
full 4 years u mean @least he's doing is job well
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2012
@merengue, @Delafruita

Mikel is being honoured by an obscure committee of NASS. A committee headed by Godfrey
Ali Gaiya who is not the speaker of the house and who I'm sure nobody on NL has heard of
before today. Again, let me say it for the umpteenth time, Mikel is not being honoured
by the National Assembly. He is being honoured by the Committee on Sports of the National
Assembly. But your long-standing hatred for Mikel has prevented all of you from seeing this
important distinction.

I have seen my fair share of Mikel haters here on NL. But this one takes the cake.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by iluvudaddy(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2012
Jobless old fools..
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by merengue: 11:52am On Jun 12, 2012
@BizBooks: Mikel hater? For real? Is that all you can come up with? SMH for those who will call you daddy.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by JIMPAUL: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
If Mikel is not honour did Boko Haram or Nig curruption stop? Pray that God that do it for him will also do it for you. No big deal cos is nor of my problem and yours. If you love Nig pray and fight for Nig and for your own success in life.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by owen4u(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
angry[color=#550000][/color] angrythis is total bullshit. A̶̲̥̅♏ a chelsea fan, but for a committee of the house of rep †☺ honor mikel for winning fa cup n champions league is insane. Not that he won them with super eagles.... Hopeless entities that have nofin †☺ do....mtcheeeeeewwwwwwwwww
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Johnnynash(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
What did mikel win to deserve honour and award, is he d only person to have won it before, i think they should call kanu and finidi and honour them b4 mikel,meanwhile i dont think it is worth it, there are many other things that need attention then that. What a sentimental country we live in. God HELP THIS COUNTRY WITH THIS KIND OF LEADERS WHO Doesn't know their left from their right
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by kshow1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mheeeeeeeeen am short of words.......... RUBBISH
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
merengue: @BizBooks: Mikel hater? For real? Is that all you can come up with? SMH for those who will call you daddy.

grin grin grin My brother, that's the only reason I can think of why people are so upset that
Mikel is being honoured. Obviously, a lot of commenters do not know the facts. They just
read the title "National Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi" and assumed it to be true when in
fact it is not. But still, a large number of those who understand that he is being honoured
by a committee are still angry. So if you know the truth and are still upset at this event,
I can only assume you are a Man U or Arsenal fan. That will be the only logical
explanation.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by kooto(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Did MIKEL play all alone, to deserve this award from NASS?this is a foreign team that comprises of different nationals; if it had been the olympicsor national issue that will have made sense.I think they just want to vote money out so a reson is needed!
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by megxo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
wor a country....... som miscrants de are..........rogues n thieves alike.... angry
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by lastpage: 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
BizBooks: He is being honoured by a committee not the entire National Assembly. The first paragraph
clearly states: "the House of Representative Committee on Sports will honour holidaying
Nigerian international, John Mikel Obi
". But if you read only the topic of the post,
you will not get the full picture.

What else do you expect from a committee on Sports. In my opinion, their proposal is right
proper.

Does it not occur to you that a "National Assembly Committee on Sports" is also a "Minuscule of the National Assembly"
...and represents the National Assembly?
Common, joblessness has no better definition than this National Assembly! grin

Laspage!
BTW: This stewpid NASS Member shold focus his energy on how to lift our own "Premier League" so that kids can watch the likes of Eyimba, Kano Pillars,Dolphin FC, e.t.c........instead of everyone queuing up to watch EPL!
The Brits House members worked hard to put their country's football where it is today, imagine if they have brainless Eediots like these House member, for leaders?
Mikel hater koo, Chelsea-hater niii...
Mtchew!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by luqwafar: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Does the F.A cup and the Champions League cup consern the country?does it look like the World Cup and African nation cup?Nigeria did not qualify the first World Cup that was hosted in South-Africa in 2010 is not there business and for the country not to win the nation Cup is not paramount to them but,there personal selfish interest is all what they want.may ALLAH saves us all from the bad leaders amin.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
luqwafar: Nigeria did not qualify the first World Cup that was hosted in South-Africa in 2010

Are you sure of this statement? Was Nigeria not in the same group with Argentina, Greece
and South Korea in South Africa 2010?
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by addey(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
BizBooks:

grin grin grin My brother, that's the only reason I can think of why people are so upset that
Mikel is being honoured. Obviously, a lot of commenters do not know the facts. They just
read the title "National Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi" and assumed it to be true when in
fact it is not. But still, a large number of those who understand that he is being honoured
by a committee are still angry. So if you know the truth and are still upset at this event,
I can only assume you are a Man U or Arsenal fan. That will be the only logical
explanation.

You are BID Fool so Chelsea is the most important agender on ground now for the NAS
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by gblasting: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
So NASS sport committee have nothing to do again?
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
addey:

You are BID Fool so Chelsea is the most important agender on ground now for the NAS

What is with all these name calling? With every response, this gets more interesting.

From what I understand, NASS is not even in session. They won't be back until the 19th of
June, the same day this event is supposed to take place. So at the risk of sounding like a
broken record, let me say it again: Mikel Obi is not being honoured by NASS. Read the
article and get the facts.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by kokoA(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
Buahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha! Just when you think you have seen the height of 'block-headedness', Naija politheifcians are ever ready to raise the level to an unimaginable zenith.. House comittee on sport to spend tax-payers money on someone who has done well for himself in his chosen career..lol. It is called 'professional' football which means mikel and his team mates were paid to blay and win.. What da FuKc! Has that got to do with us as a people? Even the british house of parliament that have the right to honor a club from their own league 'chelsea' have not thought of doing what our hopeless legislators are planing.. Ivory coast had two players in that team, we haven't heard any noise from them.. I can imagine if messi were a nigerian, we would have declared one day every year as public holliday called 'messi day'.. grin
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
gblasting: So NASS sport committee have nothing to do again?

At least some people are decent enough to report the matter accurately. One can disagree
with NASS Sports Committee on their priorities as you have done (though I suspect you are
an Arsenal fan grin ). I only have issue with people who have failed to understand even at
this late stage that the event is just a committee-organized event.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by soloqy: 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
BizBooks:

At least some people are decent enough to report the matter accurately. One can disagree
with NASS Sports Committee on their priorities as you have done (though I suspect you are
an Arsenal fan grin ). I only have issue with people who have failed to understand even at
this late stage that the event is just a committee-organized event.

Whether its a commitee-organised event or not, is this sort of thing what they are setup to do? What about our League? What about developing female football that has been on a decline since 1998? What about grassroot football?

Obasanjo said that all our Law Makers are thieves and they were running their mouths at OBJ. Events of the past month have confirmed it.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Standing5(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
I can't believe i missed a thread like this. Thank God i am not a Nigerian. . . . #FilledWithShamaNow#
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by kinguwem: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mikel Obi should display for the super eagles on Saturday. He has made money and name in Europe. We celebrate with him on his achievements. However, he needs to be patriotic like some of our heroes like Yekini. keshi, Kanu, Amokachi, Siasia etc.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by bandely(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
So, if Drogba is a Nigerian, they would have offered him the position of the Presidency for 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Japan - Confederations Cup - (3 - 0) On 15th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Corsica International Friendly May 26 2017 / Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.