Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Should He Quit School? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should He Quit School? (825 Views)

When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Quit School? by sofat(m): 6:51am On Jun 12, 2012
what should he do? He is in 300 level in one of the nigeria universities, but he could not afford to pay his school fees again which is highly exorbitant so he intends to quit. However, he has a diploma and he intends to go for HND which he thinks he can afford. THIS MAN NEEDS UR GUIDE.
Re: Should He Quit School? by tanimola22: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2012
sofat: what should he do? He is in 300 level in one of the nigeria universities, but he could not afford to pay his school fees again which is highly exorbitant so he intends to quit. However, he has a diploma and he intends to go for HND which he thinks he can afford. THIS MAN NEEDS UR GUIDE.

It would not be helpful and would even mean dragging the situation at hand 3-4 years back if I said 'why would someone enroll in a university (I suspect state or private. I may be wrong) when he/she knew that he/she would not be capable of meeting up with the high financial obligations in the future'. So I desist from making such a statement.

He has gone too far now to back out. If possible, he can defer, work for a few years with his OND (including any menial jobs) and then come back to complete his university education. If he can get someone to see him through the remaining phase of his university education, then that should be very nice.

To others who want to get university admissions at all cost, please think about the pecuniary hindrance you may encounter in the future and factor this into your decision making process today. For me, I paid almost nothing when I attended university in naija.

T22

2 Likes

Re: Should He Quit School? by deenee: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2012
If this posted herein is all that there is to your friend's predicament and there are no parts or pieces of information left out, then I would suggest that he defer his study for a year, work with the OND to raise funds and continue. More so, if his grades are good he can apply for a grant. I read somewhere on this forum that there are NGOs that offer such to financially disadvantaged students.

1 Like

Re: Should He Quit School? by Kockane(m): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2012
The situation really isn't as complicated as it seems. Most naija schools allow for deferment of studies. He shld apply, defer for a year or two, make some money, and complete his studies with watever he is able to save. Aldoe its easier sed dan done, good jobs are hard to come by, he really doesn't have much qualifications to land a nice job, I'd advice him to imbibe a lotta perseverence and be close to God, I'm sure he'll find a way. My old man sponsored himself thru school doin menial jobs, today he's a prof. Impossible is nufn, if he has God.

1 Like

Re: Should He Quit School? by alex406(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
Dropping is not the best thing to think of now,he has come a long way to this extent. He should go down on his kneel s and beg almighty for financial source. Alot of people are looking for this admission he i tryin to thrw away. My lil cent.

(1) (Reply)

tt / MTN Nigeria And Etisalat Direct Career Channel / First Bank Or Stanbic ibtc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.